AoS 2 - Beasts of Chaos Discussion

Gaz Taylor

• 2 weeks later...

Auspicious timing for TGA to come back. I have finished my Skullfray Beastlord, Mazarak Blood-Eye.

20221030_174733.jpg.53647d39be2ff59348446f6b75679aa3.jpg20221030_174716.jpg.16a0b74fa955b13fa6a1d3fabdf371cc.jpg20221030_174704.jpg.684852e84ddcf032b7111455a3ab5d0c.jpg20221030_174658.jpg.4c07b0da3206d6fa1d554df67e9bbb18.jpg

In more good news, he nerfs to beasts weren't too bad but then I wasnt running dragon ogors anyway. I still think the best lists will use them as battleline personally.

As an aside the point changes actually push both dogors and cockatrice into my own system of "efficient to summon" (points divided by primordial call points compared against all possible summons)

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

Just had a pretty one sided match against my friends Ogors. I'm sure they'll be buffed with the upcoming book but still. 

Lists were 1500

Gavespawn versus Bloodgullet

Beastlord w/gnarlblade 

Shaggoth 

Shaman w/ rampage

2 units of 10 gors in expert conquerors

20 bestigor

2 units of 6 bullgor

2 units of 10 ungor raider

Wildfire taurus

VS

Frostlord on stonehorn

2 butchers

2 units of 4 leadbelchers

1 unit of 4 mournfang

2 units of 2 frost saber

Mission was silk steel cache but it didn't matter as we called it at the end of bottomed of 2.

I gave ogors turn 1 and they scooted everything up but not too much. Scored 5

My turn 1 I send it all forward, ambush my gors and beastlord in his backfield to take objectives and bring the bestigor on my left flank. Summoned a cockatrice off a good primordial call roll which shot his sabers off the right side and my bestigor made their chair to get the sabers on the left. Scored 6 due to barge through enemy lines with gors.

I get the double turn. Everything shuffles around and I get my beastlord into one butcher and my bullgors and bestigors charged into the  mournfang and the other unit of bullgor get into the stonehorn who's debuffed by the taurus.

I lose 16 bestigor but in the end the mournfang are half dead. The butcher is gone and the stonehorn is dead by exactly 1 wound leaving my opponent with only 2 mournfang a butcher and 8 leadbelchers. Score 5 more.

On his turn between shooting and melee he kills half of one unit of bullgor but fails to kill my general with his butcher and in return I finish off the mournfangs. He scores 1 point as my ambushing gors and beastlord have taken 3 of his objectives.

He double turns me but opts to just see what he can kill before calling it. Shooting finishes off the wounded bullgor squad but fails to kill my general. Then his butcher rolls badly and also fails to kill my general before Mazarak kills the butcher and we call the game at the top of 3 as he had 8 leadbelchers left against almost my entire army so we just declared it tabled.

All in all my opponents dice rolls were terrible but theres something to be said for the sense of despair and fluster he got from all of a sudden being surrounded on turn 1. Also really broke that "new model" curse with my warlord this time being as how he's died every other time I've faced my friends ogors. Seems the paint protected him. 

Edited by The Red King
  • Like 1

I've been wanting an army of Spawn and was at first thinking StD for it...but then I remembered the BoC get the extra rend!  So seems like that's the proper way to run hordes of spawn.  And then naturally Gavespawn.  This reminds of some Bonesplitterz armies I've seen with tons of big stabbas to clog things up (though they still do it better than spawn).  Anyone try something like this ever?

Gavespawn

Beastlord general (Mutating Gnarlblade)

Bray Shaman

Wildfire Taurus

3x10 Gors w double blades

22 single Spawn

2 allied Mutalith Vortex Beasts (since they're kinda like gigantic spawn).

yeah really looks terrible, but hmmmm, with so many different targets, eventually getting rend-2, seems nice and chaotic, no?  I think worth a proxy test or two.

• LOVE IT! 1

14 hours ago, Lord Krungharr said:

yeah really looks terrible, but hmmmm, with so many different targets, eventually getting rend-2, seems nice and chaotic, no?  I think worth a proxy test or two.

Yeah spawn just has terrible terrible output, even with rend -2. The avarage spawn forces 1.75 saves, even good rend thats like 1-2 wounds inflicted. If your opponent reaches the objectives first you will never get him off. They're also made of glass, don't play objectives well and dies terribly to any aoe damage. Random move also makes it a nightamare to keep the army together.

A less spawny but more viable version would be shaggoth, bray sham, 2x10 ungors, 6 drogors, 2x6 disks and 11 spawn. Ungors and spawns just move out and clog the board/buff stuff, disks goes laser guided cruise missle and takes out high prio targets or get stuff off objectives, drogors for some staying power and decent output. 

If you really want to keep the all-spawn theme I'd do some heavily converted counts-as proxies, either kit bashed or 3d printed. Like a giant gross super-mutated spawn counting as a megagargant or incarnate. Or tzeentch spawns with wings to count as disks. With just regular spawns I think you'll end up with a wicked cool but completely unplayable army.

• Thanks 1

Hi i whant to start Khorne themed army here is my core list but i whant to run 2k i Have no idea what put next 

- Army Faction: Beasts of Chaos
     - Subfaction: Gavespawn
LEADERS
Doombull (110)
     - General
Great Bray-Shaman (100)
Great Bray-Shaman (100)
BATTLELINE
Bullgors (260)
Bullgors (260)
Bullgors (260)
BEHEMOTH
Ghorgon (155)
Ghorgon (155)
Ghorgon (155)
TOTAL POINTS: 1555/2000
Created with Warhammer Age of Sigmar: The App

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Skarband said:

Hi i whant to start Khorne themed army here is my core list but i whant to run 2k i Have no idea what put next 

LEADERS
Doombull (110)
     - General
Great Bray-Shaman (100)
Great Bray-Shaman (100)
BATTLELINE
Bullgors (260)
Bullgors (260)
Bullgors (260)
BEHEMOTH
Ghorgon (155)
Ghorgon (155)
Ghorgon (155)

Get the Wildfire Taurus spell, and a unit of Gors or Ungors for sacrificing to get Primordial Call points, and any other units that may interest you.  You have a good solid Warherd core there.

On 11/4/2022 at 4:59 PM, Skarband said:

LEADERS
Doombull (110)
     - General
Great Bray-Shaman (100)
Great Bray-Shaman (100)
BATTLELINE
Bullgors (260)
Bullgors (260)
Bullgors (260)
BEHEMOTH
Ghorgon (155)
Ghorgon (155)
Ghorgon (155)

My advice would be to go for an extra artifact and get the herdstone shard artifact because it could be fun.

Bullgor really benefit from +1 to hit and you've only got so many AOA to go around so I reccomend Grashrak if you can find him. Or krondspine I suppose is in theme with beasts but I personally dont care for the model.

Lastly is survivability. Bullgor die as easily as they kill things so screens are paramount. Ungor raiders or centigor are your best bet in my opinion but basically you need chaff to make layers to ensure you get the charges YOU want. As the above poster said the wildfire taurus will keep you from having to risk a unit if you charge multiple targets.

• 2 weeks later...

I see people not lamenting the loss Cockatrice spam, but it is still highly spammable isnt it?  I'm just wondering if the bird will go bye-bye with the next tome...and when might that come out?  I only ask because I'm sorely tempted to take a cockatrice spam army to an event in January.   Not because it's necessarily good or terrible, but just to see what happens.  Of course making another 13 of them is costly and daunting, but I think with Raptoryx bodies/wings/legs on Melusai snake bodies w Frost/Flame Phoenix heads and Lord of Change heads, etc it could work.   Add a shaman, 40 Ungors, and. Wildfire Taurus.  

Morning boys - I'm picking up my dragon ogors today. I've got 12 to build. Starting an AOS league this Friday, and some of the lists in there are pretty nasty, so I figured I'd go heavy on our flavour of the month. Even with the points increase they still look pretty strong imo.

I'm thinking of building them into 2 units of 6. 4 with paired weapons, 2 with glaives so they can all get their attacks in. My current list has 2 Shaggoths - one for herdstone camping, and another for going up the board to do monster stuff, casting hailstorm, locking a magic phase, support etc. I think I'll keep both Shaggoths so the dragon ogres are all getting those sweet re-rolls.

Experienced Dragon Ogor players - what's your hot tacs n strats for getting the most out of our lizardy subfaction? What units do they work well with? What's a waste of time?

• Like 2

On 10/22/2022 at 12:00 PM, Maddpainting said:

I have 9 and they never have done anything for me, I never needed to worry about being -1 to hit either, as well they used to be better in melee and still did all jack, so I am not going to say they are MVPs at all for me or will ever be with a worst warscroll lol. 

That's operator error. The whole point of their shooting attack was too blow up heroes with mortal wounds.

The new command trait isn't amazing, but it also isn't terrible. The +1 to hit and wound doesn't require that the unit(s) being buffed attack a hero, just that the Beastlord be in melee with one.

Granted, that doesn't seem ideal given the current beastlord, but maybe the warscroll has had a glow-up that will make it less detrimental. We'll just have to wait and see.

I am anxious to see how the book turned out.

If a competent person got to write it (please be the one who did Ogres...) we can be in for a treat. Coz the herdstone WD buff was nice and all, but I want better units, better army synergy, some new multi kits (Gors and Centigors with throwing weapons for example). Anything to make the army flow better. But not once in my 12 years with Beastmen have I seen that. The current book was "ok" but got guickly out performed by the later releases.

We`ll see if its gonna bejust a copy pasta with new pictures and cover art when we look at the Dragon Ogors and whether those have been updated to be in line with the current Ogor stat line (so minimum dmg 2 on their weapon profiles).

New model for Shaggoth with updated profile is well over due by this point as well.

Wishful thinking but it would be nice if they re introduced Kolek Sun Eater to BoC. New, big beefy model with a greater deamon like profile.

I've been posting here years, but never posted a list. Here's my list for a league I'm playing in for the next 2 months. It's super aggressive, with high mobility, and built to force the opponent into taking lots of difficult decisions from turn one.

Allegiance: Beasts of Chaos
 - Greatfray: Gavespawn
 - Mortal Realm: Ghur
 - Grand Strategy: Take What's Theirs
 - Triumphs: Bloodthirsty

LEADERS
Dragon Ogor Shaggoth (155)***
- Artefact: Horn of the Tempest
- Lore of Dark Storms: Sundering Blades

- Lore of Dark Storms: Hailstorm

Beastlord (95)***
- Artefact: Mutating Gnarlblade

Great Bray-Shaman (100)***
- General
- Command Trait: Unravelling Aura
- Lore of the Twisted Wilds: Vicious Stranglethorns

UNITS
10 x Bestigors (125)** Expert Conquerors.
10 x Bestigors (125)** Expert Conquerors.

6 x Dragon Ogors (290)* Bounty Hunters.
- 4 x Paired Ancient Weapons
- 2 x Draconic War glaives
6 x Dragon Ogors (290)* Bounty Hunters.

10 x Centigors (170)* Bounty Hunters.

6 x Bullgors (260)***
- Great Axes

CORE BATTALIONS
*Bounty Hunters
**Expert Conquerors
***Warlord

ADDITIONAL ENHANCEMENTS
Artefact
TOTAL: 1990/2000 WOUNDS: 169
LEADERS: 5/6 BATTLELINES: 3 (3+) BEHEMOTHS: 0/4 ARTILLERY: 0/4
ARTEFACTS: 2/1 ENDLESS SPELLS & INVOCATIONS: 0/3 ALLIES: 0/400
REINFORCED UNITS: 4/4 DROPS: 12

2 units of Bestigors go in ambush with the Beastlord and the Bray Shaman that isn't the general. placing 4 units in ambush lets you see how you're opponent is deploying so you can react to their drops rather than guess. The aim is to get the bonus point from taking 'Barge through enemy lines' as the battle tactic. It's also setup for getting 'Desecrate their lands'. I'll probably keep the 3rd unit of Bestigor back to hold an objective in my territory. The Beastlord is there to be a suicide distraction for turn 1 and 2, and the bray shaman is there to buff the Beastlord and Bestigor's movement for when it's needed. If the opponent commits to killing these, they'll open up their front. If they ignore them, they'll get a nasty rear charge. Either way, you're forcing a decision.

The 10 man Centigor unit is there to punish bad deployment. Odds are the opponent has placed their G Vets by 5th drop. I'll deploy them near the bray shaman turn one so they have the 17" move with run and charge. With sundering blades on them, they're really punchy. 40 rend -2 attacks, with +1 to hit (drunk) and rerolls to wound (spears) can punch a hole in most things. If they can get into Galetian vets, they usually kill them to a man.  At 170 points, they pretty much always trade up. If there's no suitable targets, they hang back and screen out a chunk of the board til there's an opening. They're good contenders for a rally too if they take damage, as they can reliably get right back into combat.

Dragon Ogres and Bullgors move up with the Shaggoth with Tempest Horn, but don't commit. They'll sit on objectives waiting til turn 3 for rend -2, and defending. The Beastlord, Centigors and Bestigors in the opponent's face is more than enough for them to deal with. If there's a juicy target, the Dragon Ogres have run + charge from the Shaggoth to capitalise. The high mobility of the Dragon Ogres and Centigors means they can pin targets and work as a mobile anvil. Once pinned, manoeuvre Bestigors and Bullgors to act as hammers. The plan is to have summoned in some chaff by this point so objectives can be sat on, freeing up the harder hitting units to hit things hard.  

One Shaggoth is for defence - the one with hailstorm. Hailstorm is used to stop/slow monsters trying to blow up the herdstone. He'll hang back and cut himself at the Herdstone too, then probably move up mid game. The defensive Shaggoth will cast Summon Lightning and use Heroic Recovery to keep his health topped up. I'll keep the other Bray Shaman near him too, along with the 3rd unit of Bestigors. The Bray Shaman's are both using Vicious Stranglethorns, as the 24" range means it's pretty much always able to be cast, and there's almost always a decent situation to cast it in. I find the other spells niche and situational, usually with too short a range. The ambushing Bray Shaman is usually trying to cast devolve to pull the enemy away from objectives and into the ambushing Bestigors & Beastlord. The defensive Bray Shaman will cast Stranglethorns and mystic shield. The Shaggoth that's going up with the Dragon Ogres & Bullgors will be casting Sundering Blades (-1 rend) or Summon Lightning (gives rerolls to wound to Dragon Ogres).  

I don't have much chaff in this list, which is not what I'm used to. Usually, I'll get my wins by screening out and taking board control, but there's only 1 screen in this list. I'm hoping that the more offensive playstyle will compensate for it, and the Dragon Ogres with Bullgors are killy enough to deal with big threats. It's lower model count too, so it may be susceptible to strange magic & shooting.  

Edited by Dolomedes
To finish long post.
  • Like 2

On 11/21/2022 at 6:03 AM, Myrdin said:

I am anxious to see how the book turned out.

Wishful thinking but it would be nice if they re introduced Kolek Sun Eater to BoC. New, big beefy model with a greater deamon like profile.

Yeah me too.  I have some trepidation since there isn't a great track record for GW and Beasts of Chaos since 2003.  But all we can do is wait and see.  

I was wondering if when GW does announcements they stagger the kits being released.  I don't recall with Sylvaneth if all the kits were shown early on and or they drip fed them a bit.  This could be like Skaven where they only got one new hero model.

A Kholek or even Morghur would be amazing and awesome.  

5 hours ago, Dolomedes said:

I've been posting here years, but never posted a list. Here's my list for a league I'm playing in for the next 2 months. It's super aggressive, with high mobility, and built to force the opponent into taking lots of difficult decisions from turn one.

Allegiance: Beasts of Chaos
 - Greatfray: Gavespawn
 - Mortal Realm: Ghur
 - Grand Strategy: Take What's Theirs
 - Triumphs: Bloodthirsty

LEADERS
- Artefact: Horn of the Tempest
- Lore of Dark Storms: Sundering Blades

- Lore of Dark Storms: Hailstorm

Beastlord (95)***
- Artefact: Mutating Gnarlblade

- General
- Command Trait: Unravelling Aura

UNITS
10 x Bestigors (125)** Expert Conquerors.

6 x Dragon Ogors (290)* Bounty Hunters.
6 x Dragon Ogors (290)* Bounty Hunters.

10 x Centigors (170)* Bounty Hunters.

6 x Bullgors (260)***
- Great Axes

CORE BATTALIONS
*Bounty Hunters
**Expert Conquerors
***Warlord

ADDITIONAL ENHANCEMENTS
Artefact
TOTAL: 1990/2000 WOUNDS: 169
LEADERS: 5/6 BATTLELINES: 3 (3+) BEHEMOTHS: 0/4 ARTILLERY: 0/4
ARTEFACTS: 2/1 ENDLESS SPELLS & INVOCATIONS: 0/3 ALLIES: 0/400
REINFORCED UNITS: 4/4 DROPS: 12

2 units of Bestigors go in ambush with the Beastlord and the Bray Shaman that isn't the general. placing 4 units in ambush lets you see how you're opponent is deploying so you can react to their drops rather than guess. The aim is to get the bonus point from taking 'Barge through enemy lines' as the battle tactic. It's also setup for getting 'Desecrate their lands'. I'll probably keep the 3rd unit of Bestigor back to hold an objective in my territory. The Beastlord is there to be a suicide distraction for turn 1 and 2, and the bray shaman is there to buff the Beastlord and Bestigor's movement for when it's needed. If the opponent commits to killing these, they'll open up their front. If they ignore them, they'll get a nasty rear charge. Either way, you're forcing a decision.

The 10 man Centigor unit is there to punish bad deployment. Odds are the opponent has placed their G Vets by 5th drop. I'll deploy them near the bray shaman turn one so they have the 17" move with run and charge. With sundering blades on them, they're really punchy. 40 rend -2 attacks, with +1 to hit (drunk) and rerolls to wound (spears) can punch a hole in most things. If they can get into Galetian vets, they usually kill them to a man.  At 170 points, they pretty much always trade up. If there's no suitable targets, they hang back and screen out a chunk of the board til there's an opening. They're good contenders for a rally too if they take damage, as they can reliably get right back into combat.

Dragon Ogres and Bullgors move up with the Shaggoth with Tempest Horn, but don't commit. They'll sit on objectives waiting til turn 3 for rend -2, and defending. The Beastlord, Centigors and Bestigors in the opponent's face is more than enough for them to deal with. If there's a juicy target, the Dragon Ogres have run + charge from the Shaggoth to capitalise. The high mobility of the Dragon Ogres and Centigors means they can pin targets and work as a mobile anvil. Once pinned, manoeuvre Bestigors and Bullgors to act as hammers. The plan is to have summoned in some chaff by this point so objectives can be sat on, freeing up the harder hitting units to hit things hard.  

One Shaggoth is for defence - the one with hailstorm. Hailstorm is used to stop/slow monsters trying to blow up the herdstone. He'll hang back and cut himself at the Herdstone too, then probably move up mid game. The defensive Shaggoth will cast Summon Lightning and use Heroic Recovery to keep his health topped up. I'll keep the other Bray Shaman near him too, along with the 3rd unit of Bestigors. The Bray Shaman's are both using Vicious Stranglethorns, as the 24" range means it's pretty much always able to be cast, and there's almost always a decent situation to cast it in. I find the other spells niche and situational, usually with too short a range. The ambushing Bray Shaman is usually trying to cast devolve to pull the enemy away from objectives and into the ambushing Bestigors & Beastlord. The defensive Bray Shaman will cast Stranglethorns and mystic shield. The Shaggoth that's going up with the Dragon Ogres & Bullgors will be casting Sundering Blades (-1 rend) or Summon Lightning (gives rerolls to wound to Dragon Ogres).  

I don't have much chaff in this list, which is not what I'm used to. Usually, I'll get my wins by screening out and taking board control, but there's only 1 screen in this list. I'm hoping that the more offensive playstyle will compensate for it, and the Dragon Ogres with Bullgors are killy enough to deal with big threats. It's lower model count too, so it may be susceptible to strange magic & shooting.  

Personally I think centigor in units of 5 would be better due to coherency but that's just personal preference perhaps. I'm also putting mine in bounty hunters because they are surprisingly good for killing soft targets like 5 wound support heroes and in bounty hunters even a min squad is likely to put out 11 wounds against gally vets.

On the topic of screens it's actually more economical to summon hammers than screens (disk enlightened/cockatrice/bestigor/Dogors at least) coupled with the fact that summoning screens is going to be harder to get them in the way of your enemy imo. 

I'd keep your current idea and use the ambushing shaman to devolve forcing units closer to your summoned hammers while using gors or ungor to screen. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Personally I think centigor in units of 5 would be better due to coherency but that's just personal preference perhaps. I'm also putting mine in bounty hunters because they are surprisingly good for killing soft targets like 5 wound support heroes and in bounty hunters even a min squad is likely to put out 11 wounds against gally vets.

On the topic of screens it's actually more economical to summon hammers than screens (disk enlightened/cockatrice/bestigor/Dogors at least) coupled with the fact that summoning screens is going to be harder to get them in the way of your enemy imo. 

I'd keep your current idea and use the ambushing shaman to devolve forcing units closer to your summoned hammers while using gors or ungor to screen. 

I go for 10 rather than 2 5s because a 10 can function as a hammer. Get em drunk and watch them wreck. 2" range on the spears usually means you get em all in combat on the charge, so the coherency only really effects the crappy 5+ 5+ hoof attacks. I've got 20 Centigors, and I've been playing a 10 and 2 5s for a few weeks to see what works. Every game I've been amazed at how effective the 10 man is for 170 points. Definitely with you on Centigors in BH - it's deadly.

The plan isn't to summon screens, but rather to summon chaff to sit on objectives whilst the hammers (almost the whole army) go to the middle to get lifting done. Centigors blow up their screens, the rest moves in to kill, and summoned units sit on objectives. I'm replacing screens with pinning and aggression.  

7 minutes ago, Dolomedes said:

I go for 10 rather than 2 5s because a 10 can function as a hammer. Get em drunk and watch them wreck. 2" range on the spears usually means you get em all in combat on the charge, so the coherency only really effects the crappy 5+ 5+ hoof attacks. I've got 20 Centigors, and I've been playing a 10 and 2 5s for a few weeks to see what works. Every game I've been amazed at how effective the 10 man is for 170 points. Definitely with you on Centigors in BH - it's deadly.

The plan isn't to summon screens, but rather to summon chaff to sit on objectives whilst the hammers (almost the whole army) go to the middle to get lifting done. Centigors blow up their screens, the rest moves in to kill, and summoned units sit on objectives. I'm replacing screens with pinning and aggression.  

Well ungor do make great chaff summons (or chariots if you've got them).

I still feel inclined towards 2 5's but then I've got the taurus to potentially give out fights last meaning its ultimately the same if I send both units into the same target while still being flexible enough to spread out (if it all lines up of course).

I'm weary of no screens since our army is just so fragile but if it works it works. Keep us updated.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, The Red King said:

Well ungor do make great chaff summons (or chariots if you've got them).

I still feel inclined towards 2 5's but then I've got the taurus to potentially give out fights last meaning its ultimately the same if I send both units into the same target while still being flexible enough to spread out (if it all lines up of course).

I'm weary of no screens since our army is just so fragile but if it works it works. Keep us updated.

Aye I've got several hundred Ungor of various descriptions ready to go, and a few chariots. Years of collecting has left me with a hell of a sideboard! I tend to summon Chariots and Centigors more than anything else because they can impact the game quickly. I'm thinking of summoning a Chaos Spawn turn 1 to get that sweet +1 attack buff where I need it, but in this list, I could well be wanting more bodies.

I know 10 Centigors is off meta, but I'd recommend trying it if you've got em. As I say, they always get their points back. Having the ability to just delete an infantry unit turn 1 and then pull them back to screen out half the board is so useful. They're such a reliable unit, and don't really need any support to be effective. They're like a bargain bin version of Tzaangor Enlightened on disks, that can also screen.

I've not played with my Taurus yet - I've been stung too many times by over-relying on magic and failing the cast when I need it. Personally I'd always rather spend the points on something that's reliably going to get on to the table and do exactly what I want when I need it (like Centigors). Everything in that list can do it's job (multiple jobs in some cases) without relying on fickle dice.

No screens could be a tough play, but I've played for years behind screens. Since WHFB 8th ed Beastmen have been mostly about setting up screens and doing fiddly movements to get your glass cannons in. Considering how well BoC are doing in competitive play right now, I'm betting that there's going to be some nerfs incoming and we'll be back to our usual movement/screen shenanigans next year, so I'm going for a full elite powerhouse army whilst I have the chance.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Dolomedes said:

Considering how well BoC are doing in competitive play right now, I'm betting that there's going to be some nerfs incoming and we'll be back to our usual movement/screen shenanigans next year, so I'm going for a full elite powerhouse army whilst I have the chance.  

Hah yeah. I'm worried all these metawatch articles will make them decide the beasts need to be nerfed in their new book which would make me very sad.

That said I do have 10 centigor lovingly converted and they're already in my list. I could try them that way and reduce my drops but I play so few games I don't think I'll be able to give as good an idea of their effectiveness as you.