AoS 2 - Maggotkin of Nurgle Discussion

Gaz Taylor

10 hours ago, kenshin620 said:

Blightkings are nurgle battleline so you could drop the 2 min plaguebearer units for something else like plague drones or blightlords.

Allegiance: Chaos

Leaders
Bloab Rotspawned (260)
- Lore of Malignance: Blades of Putrefaction
Great Unclean One (340)
- Bile Blade & Doomsday Bell
- Artefact: Tome of a Thousand Poxes 
- Lore of Virulence: Glorious Afflictions
Poxbringer Herald of Nurgle (120)
- Lore of Virulence: Favoured Poxes

Battleline
30 x Plaguebearers (320)

Units
5 x Putrid Blightkings (160)
3 x Nurglings (100)
1 x Beasts Of Nurgle (100)

Behemoths
Warpfire Dragon (240)

Endless Spells
Balewind Vortex (40)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 154

Allegiance: Chaos

Leaders
Bloab Rotspawned (260)
- Lore of Malignance: Blades of Putrefaction
Great Unclean One (340)
- Bile Blade & Doomsday Bell
- Artefact: Tome of a Thousand Poxes 
- Lore of Virulence: Glorious Afflictions
Poxbringer Herald of Nurgle (120)
- Lore of Virulence: Favoured Poxes

Battleline
30 x Plaguebearers (320)

Units
3 x Plague Drones (200)

Behemoths
Warpfire Dragon (240)

Endless Spells
Balewind Vortex (40)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 150

Just slight variations of the list. I've never had much luck with plague drones in the past! 

So thought about nurglings and a beast or perhaps 2 units of nurglings?

3 minutes ago, peasant said:

I Have to confess Ive never considered this One, for Only once in a Battle and Only 1 Step.

When usually do You use The Blessing?

I use it every game. I’ll be on 5 then let it tick to 6. Then if I need healing..grandfathers blessing it forward, or use grandfathers blessing it back to 5 for he defensive buff then next turn it’s another disease roll.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

I use it every game. I’ll be on 5 then let it tick to 6. Then if I need healing..grandfathers blessing it forward, or use grandfathers blessing it back to 5 for he defensive buff then next turn it’s another disease roll.

Thats Great! Today I Play Against disciples of Tzeentch and Can Be a Good use because I wont cast any foul regenesis

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

^^yup. What he said^^

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

Is posting conversion work/hobby stuff inappropriate for this thread? is this JUST for tactics? I will post in paint/hobby section... but I really just like this little corner of TGA the people who post here. I value your opinions..

Pics are Always Welcome, and posible a Source 4 Inspiration. I think This tread is for All Things nurgley

Tried positioning a branch busting through his "shoulder" as if roots broke through flesh. This made a nice platform for ethrac to stand on. 

I REALLY like the roots bursting through... Its nice that ethracc has a spot to stand on but he hides the dope roots conversion! BLAST! Maybe I keep the roots, and just stick ethrac on the base....

Dont mind the string. On the tree is is holding it together tight as glue dries. Around the roots because poster tac not strong enough to hold as I viewed it from all angles and for pictures. 

glott conversion4.jpg

glott conversion5.jpg

Edited by sal4m4nd3r
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

Tried positioning a branch busting through his "shoulder" as if roots broke through flesh. This made a nice platform for ethrac to stand on. 

I REALLY like the roots bursting through... Its nice that ethracc has a spot to stand on but he hides the dope roots conversion! BLAST! Maybe I keep the roots, and just stick ethrac on the base....

Dont mind the string. On the tree is is holding it together tight as glue dries. Around the roots because poster tac not strong enough to hold as I viewed it from all angles and for pictures. 

glott conversion4.jpg

glott conversion5.jpg

How you gonna manage blending the new paint to the existing? 

@hughwyeth

With more paint of course! :P 

I dont think it will be a problem..? I know the colors and recipe I used. Plus its flesh so variations are fine. If it doesnt look the same.. add more shades and drybrushes and it will blend! lol

Plus Im going to add those GW creeping vines all over him. 

Edited by sal4m4nd3r
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, peasant said:

Thats Great! Today I Play Against disciples of Tzeentch and Can Be a Good use because I wont cast any foul regenesis

Yeah it's tough to get through those denies, but if you can get the 5 -> 6 -> 5 cycle going every turn, it's absolutely BRUTAL.  Increases the durability of all your models plus lets you snipe characters in a way that can't be denied ?

Personally, I'm not really a huge fan of grandfather's blessing because if you start far away on the wheel and continually fail to cast foul regenesis, it's not a hugely important trait. Then again, I run Archaon as my general, so I wouldn't know the difference ?. I do think that grandfather's blessing is a good utility trait, but that some others can shine in certain builds (hideous visage for example if you want to focus on bravery debuffs)

If you are playing with a mortal or rotbringer General..there isn’t much you can take that’s useful besides grandfathers blessing. I think virulent blade (add -1 rend to generals melee attacks) and hideous visage are probably two of the best. Pesilent breathe on a harbinger isn’t bad. Still not sure if it’s better then grandfathers blessing.

I played a game against sylvaneth dreadwood recently. Wheel started at the worst spot possible IMO (stage 3). When it was my turn 2 and it ticked go 4, I used he blessing to move it to 5. Getting that debuff really helped. 

Guys! Ive Just played 2 games Against My Most Feared Army, disciples of Tzeentch. My 1st Game ever was Against This Army ( I played a tallynband... I Know I Know) and by Turn 2 I was obliterated. This Time I won The 2 Games!! nurgle mortals are Amazing, The Blessed  sons battalion is Awesome 1500 Points= 3CP, 3 artifacts, 1 Drop... 

Despite of Suffering Huge amount of Punishment The Putrid blightkings Got Some Charges T1 and All of them T2! The Bad was That My Lord of plagues was oneshoted The 2 Games with Magicks, so Next Time instead of ghystrike I Give Him Some Protection Against MW.

2 hours ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

If you are playing with a mortal or rotbringer General..there isn’t much you can take that’s useful besides grandfathers blessing. I think virulent blade (add -1 rend to generals melee attacks) and hideous visage are probably two of the best. Pesilent breathe on a harbinger isn’t bad. Still not sure if it’s better then grandfathers blessing.

I played a game against sylvaneth dreadwood recently. Wheel started at the worst spot possible IMO (stage 3). When it was my turn 2 and it ticked go 4, I used he blessing to move it to 5. Getting that debuff really helped. 

I play Virulent Blade with Rustfang on Lord of Afflictions.  Those -3 and -4 saves carve up the big stuff pretty good.

Tempted to try allying in a Great Bray Shaman into my list (80 points), they’ll miss out on allegiance bonuses and their passive move buff will be wasted but that devolve spell looks really interesting, making an opponent move 2D6 towards you to drag them into charge range or off an objective. Any thoughts?

19 minutes ago, 5kaven5lave said:

Tempted to try allying in a Great Bray Shaman into my list (80 points), they’ll miss out on allegiance bonuses and their passive move buff will be wasted but that devolve spell looks really interesting, making an opponent move 2D6 towards you to drag them into charge range or off an objective. Any thoughts?

Only 80 Points? Is a Big deal