5 x Putrid Blightkings (160)
10 x Putrid Blightkings (320)

Units
6 x Plague Drones (400)

Total: 1960 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 154

Was thinking of trying this list in a game next week. With so many high wound models the GuO could help keep things alive for me. 

Also hoping to run GUO as more of a close support charachter that can do some damage if needed. Was thinking the +1 to wound, but unsure of spell for him. 

Any help appriciated :)

Edited by ReAnimate Studios

On 9/21/2018 at 3:25 PM, ReAnimate Studios said:

Guys appolagies for dropping this in here. I'm looking for advice on debasing my blessed of nurgle.

Since the release of AoS2 and base sizes having a prevelance with in the game I have to rebase the majority of my army.

So I am looking for suggestions on  a new style for the bases. Any and all suggestions will be considered. Something that is easily applicable to a whole army and will really add a wow factor! 

I've attatched pictures of some of the models so you can see the colours etc. Feel free to try using complementary colours or contrasting in your suggestions. Anything goes.

20180921_115153.jpg.f75cb27a89f702cc786f44721905b3c1.jpg20180921_115058.jpg.f429de3349b86897e07ca4c471e6bdaa.jpg20180921_115423.jpg.c3f3f9346f0b4f5897ea32ab6929e6ea.jpg

However the winner (chosen by myself) will not only have there idea forever immortalised on my army (or untill new rules state otherwise ?) but there is a little prize as well up for grabs. Probably a blister pack, hobby supplies or brushes :)

sorry if this kind of thing isn't allowed (feel free to drop me a message, I'm not trying to advertise anything here just reward other people's creative imagining) but if it is, thank you in advance and may the best idea win.

I absolutely love that bases can you share the recipe?

I had in mind a list using some rats for fun, but 40 Monks to paint since I still have 40 marauders to finish is painful to think?

Allegiance: Nurgle
Mortal Realm: Ulgu

Leaders
Harbinger of Decay (160)
- General
- Trait: Grandfather's Blessing 
- Artefact: The Witherstave 
Lord of Blights (140)
Sorcerer (120)
- Lore of Malignance: Blades of Putrefaction
Verminlord Corruptor (220)
- Artefact: Tome of a Thousand Poxes 

-Lore spell : favored poxes (missed to add) 
Plague Priest with Plague Censer(80)

Battleline

Units
40 x Plague Monks (240)
- Foetid Blades

Battalions
Blight Cyst (220)

Endless Spells
Soulsnare Shackles (20)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Wounds: 177

Edited by calcysimon
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, calcysimon said:

I had in mind a list using some rats for fun, but 40 Monks to paint since I still have 40 marauders to finish is painful to think?

Leaders
Harbinger of Decay (160)
- General
Lord of Blights (140)
Sorcerer (120)

Battleline

Units
40 x Plague Monks (240)
- Foetid Blades

Battalions
Blight Cyst (220)

Endless Spells
Soulsnare Shackles (20)

with an airbrush you can paint 40 plague monks in a day, I did 20 in 3 or 4 hours

• Like 1

14 hours ago, calcysimon said:

Leaders
Harbinger of Decay (160)
- General
Lord of Blights (140)
Sorcerer (120)

Battleline

Units
40 x Plague Monks (240)
- Foetid Blades

Battalions
Blight Cyst (220)

Endless Spells
Soulsnare Shackles (20)

Totally inspired by this list to make some changes to my own Nurgle/Pestilens mashup. 

Below could give me 40 Monks running across the board turn 1 with -2 to hit in shooting phase and -1 to hit in combat making 5 attacks each on the charge with Blades of Putrefaction while 3 units of resilient, spikey PBKs sit on objectives. Blessing and +1 to cast Tome on VC and regenerating CP Brooch on the LoB. Also, summons on turn 3/4 as appropriate. Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Mortal Realm: Hysh

Leaders
The Glottkin (420)
Lord of Blights (140)

Battleline

Units
40 x Plague Monks (240)
- Foetid Blades
30 x Plague Monks (210)
- Foetid Blades

Battalions
Blight Cyst (220)

Endless Spells
Soulsnare Shackles (20)

Total: 1950 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Wounds: 167

• Like 1

22 hours ago, peasant said:

I absolutely love that bases can you share the recipe?

Yea of course. It was primed black. I then did a spray of white (with an airbrush) at almost 90° keeping the main light to a single edge of the base.

I then painted purple from the opposite side at the same angle, trying to keep a good portion of white remaining.

Next back from the the white side I hit the base up with orange. This was really thing to act as a glaze. This I covered the middle and half of the white and half of the purple.

Finally I add yellow to the little bit of white remaining for a nice bright edge.

Unfortunately I don't have any step by step pictures. But hope that helps.

If you don't have an airbrush you can do the white with spray paint and then brush the paints on by hand. Just keep them nice and thin :)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ReAnimate Studios said:

Yea of course. It was primed black. I then did a spray of white (with an airbrush) at almost 90° keeping the main light to a single edge of the base.

I then painted purple from the opposite side at the same angle, trying to keep a good portion of white remaining.

Next back from the the white side I hit the base up with orange. This was really thing to act as a glaze. This I covered the middle and half of the white and half of the purple.

Finally I add yellow to the little bit of white remaining for a nice bright edge.

Unfortunately I don't have any step by step pictures. But hope that helps.

If you don't have an airbrush you can do the white with spray paint and then brush the paints on by hand. Just keep them nice and thin :)

thanks! I wilk try

• Like 1

On 10/6/2018 at 6:35 AM, ReAnimate Studios said:

Leaders
The Glottkin (420)
Great Unclean One (340)
- Bile Blade & Massive Bilesword

Battleline
30 x Plaguebearers (320)

Units
6 x Plague Drones (400)

Total: 1960 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Wounds: 154

Was thinking of trying this list in a game next week. With so many high wound models the GuO could help keep things alive for me. 

Also hoping to run GUO as more of a close support charachter that can do some damage if needed. Was thinking the +1 to wound, but unsure of spell for him. 

Any help appriciated :)

Only 2 heroes?

What about Beasts of Nurgle?

Does anybody use them? Any experience?

To me they look rather underwhelming. Can´s see why I should run 2 Beasts instead of 3 Plague Drones (both are 200 points). Well, there is ONE REASON: Beasts are easier to transport... ;)

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Hannibal said:

To me they look rather underwhelming. Can´s see why I should run 2 Beasts instead of 3 Plague Drones (both are 200 points). Well, there is ONE REASON: Beasts are easier to transport... ;)

I’ve played a few games with them. Great models but they are really poor / massive overpriced. Even with Horticulous they’re speedbumps at best, far too swingy in terms of damage even with the retreat MWs. I painted up 3 because they’re fab models but they’ll never be in a competitive list IMO. 

4 hours ago, Hannibal said:

so sad, why the models I love the most (slopitty, spoilpox, epidemius and beasts) are so bad? ridiculously bad

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ReAnimate Studios said:

Yea I didn't want to invest more in characters than I already have? 

Although I could easily drop the plague drones down to 3 and get another charachter if needed.

Suggestions?

I´d rather drop the 10 men unit of Blightkings down to 5 to get access to Gutrot Spume. That way (well, you should consider the bell on GUO) you gain better movement. The drones are almost the only unit worth the GUOs command ability, therefore I´d keep them 6 strong

• Like 1

On 10/1/2018 at 7:01 PM, Dew said:

Is anyone planning to try the Pestilent Throng beastmen battalion? 

I may be wrong, but I think the situation here is actually worse than the PTWB situation. Hard to believe, eh? We can't include this battalion in a Nurgle army, because:

1) The allegiance of this battalion is "Beasts of Chaos." Therefore, the battalion and all units within would have to come out of our allies points.

2) I don't think we can take "Beasts of Chaos" as allies.

4 hours ago, ReAnimate Studios said:

Yea I didn't want to invest more in characters than I already have? 

Although I could easily drop the plague drones down to 3 and get another charachter if needed.

Suggestions?

I just have a rule of thumb to never have less than 3 in a 1K game or 4 in anything bigger than that. There's just too many scenarios that need heroes to claim objectives.  That's jus my personal preference.

On 10/5/2018 at 6:44 PM, peasant said:

looks very good, can you tell us how i performing? I will try something similar using ungors allies, 2x40 with spears rerolling 1,2s

I’ve had two practise games versus shroudguard nighthaunt and cleansing phalanx stormcast, you get too far on objectives before they kill all the Marauders, and the knights with some buffs are wrecking entire units, that being said I had a 40-man Marauder squad with blades and the warshrine prayer on them end up wiping a 40 man chainrasp unit on their own.

not to mention the contagion points piling up in the background

Edited by Garuun
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, Domowoj said:

I may be wrong, but I think the situation here is actually worse than the PTWB situation. Hard to believe, eh? We can't include this battalion in a Nurgle army, because:

1) The allegiance of this battalion is "Beasts of Chaos." Therefore, the battalion and all units within would have to come out of our allies points.

2) I don't think we can take "Beasts of Chaos" as allies.

But that battalion gives all the models in it the Nurgle keyword.

The Games Workshop AoS app Azyr lets you add that battalion to a Nurgle army and does not count them as allies

19 hours ago, calcysimon said:

Beasts of nurgle need to return at 60 points each to become playable

?

Or 80 but with 1 attack with rend, just compare it to a khorgorath

Definitely! It's sad that 2 of our most iconic and funny units (Beast and Nurglings) are so overpriced. :(

• Like 1