Battalions
Nurgle's Menagerie (240)

Endless Spells
Soulsnare Shackles (20)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 122

What is Your goal with This List?summoning?

1 hour ago, peasant said:

What is Your goal with This List?summoning?

Well, yeah. I don't think it's competitive, but could be fun. I currently am a kind of "first hit's free" kind of guy at our local GW. I play a lot of noobs so I think it's list that would show a lot of the different demographics of the game. I'm afraid that it may even be a bit too strong for that role, what with all those drones.....

1 hour ago, Tasman said:

Well, yeah. I don't think it's competitive, but could be fun. I currently am a kind of "first hit's free" kind of guy at our local GW. I play a lot of noobs so I think it's list that would show a lot of the different demographics of the game. I'm afraid that it may even be a bit too strong for that role, what with all those drones.....

Nice! You Can Split The drones, You Get Staying power and looks less threatening

Edited by peasant

Hey guys, I need some help with my competitive list I'll be bringing to NOVA

I Think I am going with a blight cyst.. even though I am still hesitant about its effectiveness vs the cost. It seems the most competitive now that plaguetouched is gone. Removing The glotkin from the list WONT happen. He is an auto include for me not soley on effectiveness but as my centerpiece and a HUGE conversion I will be doing. 

Questions 1: I am hesitant about the harbingers effectiveness in this list. I can decide if he is worth it or if I should take an extra 5 blightkings....? Being able to take the witherstave is kind of the tipping point for me to keep him in. Also because I would waste the second artifact.. That and I spent a butt load of time on a kick a$$ conversion >_<

Questions 2: With 80 points leftover should I take a 20/30 point endless spell +1 cp (shackles, palisade, or malevolent maelstrom - avoiding the swords as I am chaos) or a Plague priest. Here is the list..its pretty basic I guess.

Allegiance: Nurgle
Mortal Realm: Ghyran

Leaders
The Glottkin (420)
- Lore of Malignance: Blades of Putrefaction
Harbinger of Decay (160)
- General
- Trait: Grandfather's Blessing 
- Artefact: The Witherstave 
Lord of Blights (140)
- Artefact: Rustfang 
Gutrot Spume (140)

Battleline
10 x Putrid Blightkings (320)
5 x Putrid Blightkings (160)
40 x Chaos Marauders (200)
- Axes & Shields

Battalions
Blight Cyst (220)

Total: 1920 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Wounds: 159

I'm kind of waffling on either this list or the one I posted a while back with 

Glotkin, gutrot, Festus, Chaos Lord on demonic mount, 10 kings, 5 kings, 5 kings, 40 maruaders, 10 knights with glaives.  (no battalion)

Edited by sal4m4nd3r

20 hours ago, Tasman said:

It certainly looks fun. I like Sumptuous Pestilence on the Verminlord a lot, his mobility and base size really give that spell some punch. The Chaos Warriors have a tax feel, but I get why you went with them. I've been liking Plaguebearers in small units to act as chaff. In the right build it isn't hard to get them where you want them. Summoning seems very legit with this list. The additional Contagion points can go pretty far. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

Questions 1: I am hesitant about the harbingers effectiveness in this list. I can decide if he is worth it or if I should take an extra 5 blightkings....? Being able to take the witherstave is kind of the tipping point for me to keep him in. Also because I would waste the second artifact.. That and I spent a butt load of time on a kick a$$ conversion >_<

Questions 2: With 80 points leftover should I take a 20/30 point endless spell +1 cp (shackles, palisade, or malevolent maelstrom - avoiding the swords as I am chaos) or a Plague priest. Here is the list..its pretty basic I guess.

A1: Witherstave is worth keeping a character in there with it. Chaos Sorcerer Lord? Harbinger is pretty cool, but other options are cool as well. 

A2: Palisade + CP I think would be best. 

1 hour ago, 5kaven5lave said:

Is Witherstave generally favoured over Rustfang now?

I mean it has a much larger aura, can affect multiple units at the same time, and works even if you don't go before they attack...so yeah I'd say it's universally better.  Especially in an army where there can be multiple debuffs and many units hit on 4's for their attacks natively. Try it out with geminids and the lord of blights and suddenly your big squad of marauders/plaguebearers are getting hit on sixes....and the enemy has to re-roll sixes to hit. It's mean to the point where I wouldn't do it in a friendly game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

Hey guys, I need some help with my competitive list I'll be bringing to NOVA

I Think I am going with a blight cyst.. even though I am still hesitant about its effectiveness vs the cost. It seems the most competitive now that plaguetouched is gone. Removing The glotkin from the list WONT happen. He is an auto include for me not soley on effectiveness but as my centerpiece and a HUGE conversion I will be doing. 

I think you're right that the blight cyst is our best one drop or very low drop possibility, but I'm not a fan of it in general.  Too expensive for the points IMO.

Harbinger is very good but you have a lot of command abilities that you want to use and not enough command points to do so turn after turn, so their effectiveness is not going to be as good.

Bring Geminids

8 minutes ago, Aaron Schmidt said:

Its a good sign that its hard to choose between the rustfang and the witherstave. 

Tbh I don't even rank rustfang as the top choice after the wither stave.  The carrion dirge is SO NICE.  But then again, I'm running an Archaon list, so giving some unit -4 to bravery can be ridiculously savage. (for the record, I don't use the carrion dirge because I don't use a battalion [RIP Plaguetouched warband], but if PTWB ever became Nurgle again, in less than two seconds I would pick up the Dirge again without a second thought)

• Like 1

Salamander,

If I had to bring a Nurgle list with the Glot (and indeed he is my top choice for a single Nurgle HQ), I would just pay the points for Plaguebearers. Being able to be battleshock immune for a turn can be absolutely game-winning, so I  would probably just try to sit at 1950 so that if you need it, that's great. I might even try to sit at 1900 so that I could use the Lord of Blights to make someone REALLY sad vs the frontline plaguebearers on a key turn (-4/-2, re-rolling sixes to hit from the witherstave)

Glot - 420

Gutrot - 140

Lord of Blights - 140

Mounted Sorcerer Lord - 160

30 Plaguebearers - 320

40 marauders - 200

15 blight kings - 480

Geminids - 40

1900 on  the nose

3 hours ago, Luke1705 said:

I think you're right that the blight cyst is our best one drop or very low drop possibility, but I'm not a fan of it in general.  Too expensive for the points IMO.

Harbinger is very good but you have a lot of command abilities that you want to use and not enough command points to do so turn after turn, so their effectiveness is not going to be as good.

Bring Geminids

Very lucid advice. I plan on using EITHER the LoB or Harbinger command abilities. Both together seems like overkill. The LoB is there as a req for the battalion and its nice he can use the rustfang.. which I view as top tier artifacts. With units being in assault turn 2, triggering in the combat phase AFTER moving and charging, along with not needing a dice roll (like favoured poxes, and curse of the leper) is INCREDIBLY useful. And in a blight cyst your kings are EFFECTIVELY rend -2!

Im am considering dropping the Harbinger for a poxbringer, giving him the favoured poxes and the witherstave, rolling the extra 40 points into the +80 I'm at for 120 and seeing what I could do with that. But glotty with a 4+/5++ and the ten kings nearby with a 5++ also make them devastating. 

For discussion: Is -1 to hit in combat better/the same/worse then having an extra 5++ "feel no pain" save??? I guess it depends on what is attacking you... and in that case which is better vs what type of attacks/enemy units??

Edited by sal4m4nd3r

Attacks vs a 4+ save unit. 

20 4+/3+/-/1 attacks
5+++ save: 2.2+/-1.4
-1 to hit: 2.2+/-1.4

60 4+/4+/-1/1 dmg attacks
5+++ save: 6.7 +/- 2.4
-1 to hit: 6.7 +/- 2.4

12 3+/3+/-2/3 dmg attacks
5+++ save: 8.9 +/- 3.8
-1 to hit: 10 +/- 4.7

20 3+/3+/-1/2 dmg attacks
5+++ save: 7.9 +/-3.2
-1 to hit: 8.9 +/- 3.7

3 3+/3+/-2/1d6 dmg attacks
5+++ save: 2.6 +/- 2.5
-1 to hit: 2.93 +/- 3.1

3 3+/3+/-1/1d3 dmg attacks
5+++ save: 1.2 +/- 1.3
-1 to hit: 1.3 +/- 1.6

Attacks vs a 5+ save unit. 

20 4+/3+/-/1 attacks
5+++ save: 3+/-1.6
-1 to hit: 3.3+/-1.7

60 4+/4+/-1/1 dmg attacks
5+++ save: 8.3 +/- 2.7
-1 to hit: 8.3 +/- 2.7

12 3+/3+/-2/3 dmg attacks
5+++ save: 10.7 +/- 3.9
-1 to hit: 12 +/- 4.9

20 3+/3+/-1/2 dmg attacks
5+++ save: 9.9 +/-3.4
-1 to hit: 11.1 +/- 4

3 3+/3+/-2/1d6 dmg attacks
5+++ save: 3.1 +/- 2.6
-1 to hit: 3.5 +/- 3.3

3 3+/3+/-1/1d3 dmg attacks
5+++ save: 1.5 +/- 1.4
-1 to hit: 1.7 +/- 1.7

I hope you all find this useful. 

• Thanks 1

Hello, IVE Just played My First Game with a plagueTouched warband... ITS Awesome! It was Against LoNagash with Arkham morghasts Vampire,Necromancer, grave guard and 2 Big Units of skellies. -1 to hit is Totally a Blast! I even didnt Bring a wizard but It was Not needed because outros blightkings Were Killing Everything and Arkham has to flee Until My General a Lord of plagues with ghyrStrike Killed It. Too Bad 2nd Time I played gutrot 2nd time We choose The Mission total commitment so no deploying.

47 minutes ago, peasant said:

Hello, IVE Just played My First Game with a plagueTouched warband... ITS Awesome! It was Against LoNagash with Arkham morghasts Vampire,Necromancer, grave guard and 2 Big Units of skellies. -1 to hit is Totally a Blast! I even didnt Bring a wizard but It was Not needed because outros blightkings Were Killing Everything and Arkham has to flee Until My General a Lord of plagues with ghyrStrike Killed It. Too Bad 2nd Time I played gutrot 2nd time We choose The Mission total commitment so no deploying.

What was your list?

27 minutes ago, Tasman said:

What was your list?

this one!

Allegiance: Chaos
Lord of Plagues (140)
- General
- Trait: Malicious Conqueror
- Artefact: Ghyrstrike 
Lord of Afflictions (220)
- Artefact: Wand of Restoration 
Gutrot Spume (140)
15 x Chaos Warriors (270)
- Halberd & Shield
5 x Chaos Warriors (90)
- Hand Weapon & Shield
Plaguetouched Warband (160)

Total: 1500 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 11

30 minutes ago, peasant said:

this one!

Lord of Plagues (140)
- General
- Trait: Malicious Conqueror
- Artefact: Ghyrstrike 
Lord of Afflictions (220)
- Artefact: Wand of Restoration 
Gutrot Spume (140)
15 x Chaos Warriors (270)
- Halberd & Shield
5 x Chaos Warriors (90)
- Hand Weapon & Shield
Plaguetouched Warband (160)

Total: 1500 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 11

Looks pretty good. I just hate the idea of giving up all the Nurgle Alliance stuff......

1 hour ago, Tasman said:

Looks pretty good. I just hate the idea of giving up all the Nurgle Alliance stuff......

Yes, but I Still Feel It a Nurgle Army, but a less daemonic One. Very resistent but Maybe I Should Drop 10 Chaos Warriors and Add a harbinger, I Ended up using 3 CP in LoPlagues Command ability

Any ideas of a competetive nurgle daemon list? Trying to avoid the blightking train a little bit  :/

I am definitely aware that daemons only competetive strategy right now is playing the objectives. Still difficult to find the right mix and heros for a competetive daemon list. Maybe even a tallyband could be worth it.

If my enemy is first on the objectives the game is already kind of over for me because i have nothing to push him away anymore.

What are your experiences with our daemon friends :)

Edited by Zplash

The list I've used in last two local (16 and 22 players). Ended respectively 1st and 3rd

Great Unclean One (340)
- Plaue Flail & Massive Bilesword
Great Unclean One (340)
Rotigus (340)
10 x Plaguebearers (120)
10 x Plaguebearers (120)
30 x Plaguebearers (320)
3 x Nurglings (100)
3 x Plague Drones (200)
Thricefold Befoulment (120)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Wounds: 125

You can swap Nurglings for Endless spells should your tournament allows it (mirror and cogs)

Once you do a bell+cogs+tree and sit on the objective, no force can move yours from there.
The added bonus of MW flying across the table, 3D3 MW off Thricefold and overall nurglines

Edited by RoyalDachshund

11 hours ago, peasant said:

Yes, but I Still Feel It a Nurgle Army, but a less daemonic One. Very resistent but Maybe I Should Drop 10 Chaos Warriors and Add a harbinger, I Ended up using 3 CP in LoPlagues Command ability

Yeah, he's pretty much a staple with the PTWB.

I'm assuming that you're playing this in non-competitive settings. The PTWB only exists in the Everchosen battletome. Therefore, it is impossible to legally build a match play list as all of your units, excepting those with the 'ever chosen' keyword would count as allies.?

Still, it's fun for practice games and 'just playing'.

Edited by Tasman

1 hour ago, Zplash said:

Any ideas of a competetive nurgle daemon list? Trying to avoid the blightking train a little bit  :/

I am definitely aware that daemons only competetive strategy right now is playing the objectives. Still difficult to find the right mix and heros for a competetive daemon list. Maybe even a tallyband could be worth it.

If my enemy is first on the objectives the game is already kind of over for me because i have nothing to push him away anymore.

What are your experiences with our daemon friends :)

Yup, the new GHB really put the screws to all demons lists across all alliances...... It appears that the new  approach is to include them by summoning. You can definitely include the heroes', i.e. GUO, LoA , Slimux, etc and then drop units of PBs and single beasts, bases of nurglings near objectives and annoy the **** out of your opponent. Demon lists should always, IMO, include drones at the outset. Their speed and punch can't be left off for summoning.

I also think that the garden and tall band can be made to work. Just not sure how competitive of a player you are.  More experienced players will easily take those down.

1 hour ago, RoyalDachshund said:

The list I've used in last two local (16 and 22 players). Ended respectively 1st and 3rd

Great Unclean One (340)
Great Unclean One (340)
Rotigus (340)
10 x Plaguebearers (120)
10 x Plaguebearers (120)
30 x Plaguebearers (320)
3 x Nurglings (100)
3 x Plague Drones (200)
Thricefold Befoulment (120)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Wounds: 125

You can swap Nurglings for Endless spells should your tournament allows it (mirror and cogs)

Once you do a bell+cogs+tree and sit on the objective, no force can move yours from there.
The added bonus of MW flying across the table, 3D3 MW off Thricefold and overall nurglines

Thx for that input.

Played such a list yesterday vs a death list with arkhan... you can imagine what happened... 5 round game and I managed to cast the 3D3 spell once.

And objectives got swarmed by 2x 40 blops of skelletons :/ i couldnt get more models into range than he did. 

But I guess Death is a though match up either way for daemons.