AoS 2 - Maggotkin of Nurgle Discussion

Gaz Taylor

2 hours ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

Just use pox walker models from 40k with some light conversions to remove chem tanks and gun bits. I used skeleton kit shields as well

This is actually what I'm doing right now. I actually don't mind the Marauder aesthetic, so I'll probably wind up getting more of them in time, but having 80 painted pox walkers at my disposal right now is hard to say no to.

#godblesspoxblossom

I had better than average luck with the Plaguedrones at Midwest Meltdown. I still find getting a decent amount of members of a 6 demon unit into combat difficult. I've been thinking about running a sort of MSU build with them. I have enough to do 4x 6 Plaguedrones which could be cool. I've been in good shape to have extra CPs in most games, so giving two or more units Grandfather's Joy is feasible when needed. It kind of insulates them from getting wiped out by a good charge by enemy units too. The most I should lose is 3.

Has anyone tried a build with multiple 3 packs of Drones? What were your experiences like?

1 hour ago, grungolah said:

Just got my first magnetized GUO done. I think I woke him up. IMAG0820.jpg.f0646b8af9e701366ffb467da89160c1.jpg

That looks really cool.  I'm trying to figure out my color scheme for my newly assembled force and this one is really interesting.  

What was it, black undercoat, progressive layers of lighter purple dry brushing and then washed with violet?  

1 hour ago, Mattbringssoda said:

That looks really cool.  I'm trying to figure out my color scheme for my newly assembled force and this one is really interesting.  

What was it, black undercoat, progressive layers of lighter purple dry brushing and then washed with violet?  

I'll get the exact colors when I get back,  but black primer, dark grey base coat,  agrax wash, dark pink drybrush, twice,  and then spot drybrushed tan flesh.   The mix of brown and pink turns it purple but there is no purple.

See below.   

Arrowhead and Camelia pink are Martha Stewart 

The mystery color is the third one over.    It's kind of a rose pink,  and goes on thin.   The next one is unmarked  but is Ceramcoat "medium flesh."  The one on the end is "Fleshtone."

The last two are not used for the basic skin tone, but in combination with the rose and medium flesh, I use these four to paint all skin lesions and boils.  

IMAG0825.jpg

Edited by grungolah
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, PUFNSTUF said:

Mind posting a pic or two of the magnet contact points? I want to magnetize mine as well once it comes in the mail.

Here you go.  I prefer the strength of the 3/8" magnet for the raised arm, as that is the most easily bumped.  The other 2 work fine with the 1/8" for now.

I just remembered I have a few nurglings to paint and put on this guy, so he's not 100% done, but I think Glottkin deserves my attention more right now.

2.PNG.3edc3439bc069b9abc51488734fc5d8e.PNG

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, grungolah said:

I'll get the exact colors when I get back,  but black primer, dark grey base coat,  agrax wash, dark pink drybrush, twice,  and then spot drybrushed tan flesh.   The mix of brown and pink turns it purple but there is no purple.

Reveal hidden contents

See below.   

Arrowhead and Camelia pink are Martha Stewart 

The mystery color is the third one over.    It's kind of a rose pink,  and goes on thin.   The next one is unmarked  but is Ceramcoat "medium flesh."  The one on the end is "Fleshtone."

The last two are not used for the basic skin tone, but in combination with the rose and medium flesh, I use these four to paint all skin lesions and boils.  

IMAG0825.jpg

Awesome thanks.   I'm going to try to speed paint this army, so I'm thinking dark brown primer, dry brush dark pink,  agrax shade, drybrush dark pink again then highlight tan.  I hope it comes pretty close. 

Edited by Mattbringssoda

1 hour ago, grungolah said:

Here you go.  I prefer the strength of the 3/8" magnet for the raised arm, as that is the most easily bumped.  The other 2 work fine with the 1/8" for now.

I just remembered I have a few nurglings to paint and put on this guy, so he's not 100% done, but I think Glottkin deserves my attention more right now.

Reveal hidden contents

2.PNG.3edc3439bc069b9abc51488734fc5d8e.PNG

Thanks for the magnet sizes! looks like I will have to pick up some more sizes :)

No harm in going a larger size.  You will need green stuff to keep some of the magnets in place.  If you havent done that before, I recommend adding superglue between the model and green stuff while you are sculpting.  Saves a step, because the green stuff usually falls off in a week.

Edited by grungolah

7 hours ago, Aaron Schmidt said:

I had better than average luck with the Plaguedrones at Midwest Meltdown. I still find getting a decent amount of members of a 6 demon unit into combat difficult. I've been thinking about running a sort of MSU build with them. I have enough to do 4x 6 Plaguedrones which could be cool. I've been in good shape to have extra CPs in most games, so giving two or more units Grandfather's Joy is feasible when needed. It kind of insulates them from getting wiped out by a good charge by enemy units too. The most I should lose is 3.

Has anyone tried a build with multiple 3 packs of Drones? What were your experiences like?

There is the list I'm playing right now:

-guo/grandfather blessing/whiterstave/favoring poxes

-festus/blades of putrefaction

-chaos sorcerer lord/plague squall

-3x10 plaguebearer

-2x6 drone

-geminids

-spellportal

100 pts/2 cp leftover

depending of the situation, It's a nasty list

List I'm testing at the moment,

Archaon General

Glottkin

Harbinger of decay

Sorcerer lord on horse

Skarr 

Marauders 40

Blight Kings 5

Blight Kings 5

Only had 1 game so far and was great fun, marauders with blades and fleshy abundance were crazy good. Not entirely sold onSkarr, but he did end up being a decent tarpit. My previous list I used a blood stoker instead for the 1st turn charge with Archaon, but this list seems to want to stay together for the overlapping auras.

Thoughts?

So my first attempt on a plagueTouched Warband

Allegiance: Chaos - Mortal Realm: Ghyran

LEADERS

Lord of Plagues (140)

- General
- Command Trait : Malicious Conqueror - Artefact : Ghyrstrike

Warscroll Builder on www.warhammer-community.com

Festus The Leechlord (140) Lord of Afflictions (220)

- Artefact : Wand of Restoration

UNITS

5 x Putrid Blightkings (160)

14 x Chaos Warriors (270) (to use that battalion trait with at least one unit!)

-Hand Weapon & Shield

5 x Chaos Warriors (90)

-Hand Weapon & Shield

BATTALIONS

Plaguetouched Warband (160)

TOTAL: 1500/1500

EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 1

WOUNDS: 121

LEADERS: 3/4 BATTLELINES: 2 (2+) BEHEMOTHS: 0/2 ARTILLERY: 0/2 ARTEFACTS: 2/2 ALLIES: 0/200

57 minutes ago, peasant said:

So my first attempt on a plagueTouched Warband

Allegiance: Chaos - Mortal Realm: Ghyran

LEADERS

Lord of Plagues (140)

- General
- Command Trait : Malicious Conqueror - Artefact : Ghyrstrike

Warscroll Builder on www.warhammer-community.com

Festus The Leechlord (140) Lord of Afflictions (220)

- Artefact : Wand of Restoration

UNITS

14 x Chaos Warriors (270) (to use that battalion trait with at least one unit!)

-Hand Weapon & Shield

5 x Chaos Warriors (90)

-Hand Weapon & Shield

BATTALIONS

Plaguetouched Warband (160)

TOTAL: 1500/1500

EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 1

WOUNDS: 121

LEADERS: 3/4 BATTLELINES: 2 (2+) BEHEMOTHS: 0/2 ARTILLERY: 0/2 ARTEFACTS: 2/2 ALLIES: 0/200

Doesn't a Plaguetouched Warband list need a general and then seven additional mortal nurgle units, i.e., 1+7? At the moment your list only has 1+6 units.

Edit: IGNORE - I didn't see that you'd written Festus and the LOA on the same line in the list.

Edited by RatOfGod
  • Like 1

Thoughts/comments?

Allegiance: Nurgle
Mortal Realm: Ghyran

Leaders
Great Unclean One (340)
- General
- Bile Blade & Doomsday Bell
- Trait: Grandfather's Blessing  
- Lore of Virulence: Glorious Afflictions
Poxbringer Herald of Nurgle (120)