AoS 2 - Flesh-eater Courts Discussion

RuneBrush

34 minutes ago, lord_blackfang said:

Regardless of anything else, surely doubling up on the Horror/Flayer summon is light years above burning the trait for a fourth GK?

Burning the trait? Majestic Horror isn't limited to once per battle. If your general has multiple Command Abilities that summon, they can use Majestic Horror to pump all of them. It's the Command Abilities themselves that are limited use, not the boost.

3 minutes ago, Inqy said:

Burning the trait? Majestic Horror isn't limited to once per battle. If your general has multiple Command Abilities that summon, they can use Majestic Horror to pump all of them. It's the Command Abilities themselves that are limited use, not the boost.

?This changes everything!

41 minutes ago, lord_blackfang said:

Regardless of anything else, surely doubling up on the Horror/Flayer summon is light years above burning the trait for a fourth GK?

Is it limited to once per game? I have been double summoning varghulf and then 2GK via the extra command ability.  Have to check if I’ve been cheating. 

Saw other replies ignore post seems I have been doing it right

Edited by Reuben Parker
Other posts above

4 Ghoul Kings is still probably only worthwhile if you're running Malign Sorcery, since otherwise there's just not enough spells to make use of the variety. But having 5 wizards on the table is pretty nice if you've got Endless Spells and a Realm Lore to pick from.

Edited by Inqy

Well, the royal family abilities seem to be tricky.

it says you can call in a new king once per game, while majestic horror says you can use such an ability twice, spending only one CP.

For me, that sounds like your general can call in 2 ghoul kings once per game for 1 CP, then call in whatever else twice for another CP.

like just said, strategically not over the top.

the other ability to add +1 to your call men-at-arms ability imo just returns 1 more slain model, it does not increase the unit size. So the family is not really my go to battalion 

Even without the extra models from the other ability in and not including ghoul patrol the following adds 800pts by the end of turn 2 and 200 more by turn 4 if you don't take and roll decently on the CP generator;

Allegiance: Flesh Eater Courts
- Delusion: Crusading Army

Leaders
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Terrorgheist (400)
Abhorrant Ghoul King (140)
Crypt Ghast Courtier (80)
Crypt Infernal Courtier (140)

Battleline
40 x Crypt Ghouls (360)
20 x Crypt Ghouls (200)
20 x Crypt Ghouls (200)

Battalions
Ghoul Patrol (180)
Royal Family (150)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 118

That's pretty solid. You can always swap the infernal courtier for the other one if you prefer to summon Crypt Horrors instead of the Flayers but that's my preference. Additionally I'm pretty sure it's legal but if we can use the Blade of Dark Summons from the common Death items we can grab 2d6 wounds worth of some pretty good models from night haunt that have the summonable keyword (spirit hosts, myrmon banshees, bladegeists, etc). In all this you could also just drop the infernal courtier for another ghast courtier and cogs (making all your models that much faster like rerolling 7" charges from table edges). 

Locally and at more than a few GT's we're already seeing the realm rules are in effect meaning that all the GK's can contribute a non-standard spell in addition to their summoning.

• Like 1

Yeah, it basically calls for 120 ghouls minimum but you probably want 140 because of the patrol. It's a lot of Ghouls but I think it's one of the variants that can actually compete depending on your extra gear with most of the better battletome armies which is something we're pretty terrible at.

1 minute ago, CanHammer-darren said:

So if I got it right it’s just summoning 2 units of flayers/horrors (assuming majestic horror on the GKonTG) and some more ghoul kings who in turn summon small ghoul units?

Yeah, essentially it's this;

Turn 1 spend 2 CP to summon 2 units of flayers/horrors and 2 GK. You also, if you feel the need, drop 2d6 wounds of summonable models (i.e. myrmourn banshees, bladegeists, and/or reapers). Turn 2 summon 2 units of 10 Ghouls. And then summon another 10 ghouls in turn 3 and 4. 

• Haha 1

Should give you pretty decent board control, high flexibility in objective grabbing, securing and contesting... 

I do prefer Horrors though, rerolling to hit when a king is near (kinda 15“) with 2dmg... maybe not against high save, but 5+ getting slapped with a tombstone ??

3 minutes ago, Hamartia said:

Explain this bit please?

The Blade of Dark Summons  is a death artifact that allows you to create a unit once per game of any summonable death models with 2d6 wounds. In general this means that Bladegeists and Banshees should be top of the list but maybe you want something else like chaingiests for some range or spirit hosts for mortals and so on.

2 hours ago, Hulksmash said:

Blade of Dark Summons  is a death artifact

death allegiance will force you to give up magestic horror, making double summons impossible, dunno if that's really worth it

Edited by Fluttershy

40 minutes ago, Fluttershy said:

death allegiance will force you to give up magestic horror,

And I thought you can always go up in allegiance to GA:Death

artifact or ability wise... cause you always fulfill the requirement „death“

Edited by Honk

32 minutes ago, Honk said:

And I thought you can always go up in allegiance to GA:Death

artifact or ability wise... cause you always fulfill the requirement „death“

Yes you can be death allegiance but you can’t be death and FEC at the same time. Rule book as far as I read it says if you can have multiple allegiance due to keywords you have to pick Just one. So I don’t think you can cherry pick some things from death some from FEC. 

Obviously if that’s the case FEC is best as gives us delusions and better trait plus the 6+ fight again hunger.

• Like 1

Also.  Unlike in the previous edition, if you use a specific allegiance when selecting your army (such as taking advantage of Battleline if... units), and that allegiance has its own allegiance rules, you can't choose to go up a level and use the GA allegiance rules for your army.

ie. You couldn't take advantage of battleline Crypt Horrors, and then go up to GA: Death for your allegiance abilities (but you wouldn't want to anyway), like you could in AoS1.  You could do an all FEC army that used Crypt Ghouls as battleline and use GA: Death.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fluttershy said:

it's getting even better ;)

if you pick a warscroll battalion f.e. thats FEC and you chose the DEATH allegiance, the FEC units in it do count against the limits on the number of allies the army can have. (FAQ Core Rules Page 7)

Actually all battalions also count as having their corresponding GA keyword (its mentioned on the same page), so they wont use up ally points in GA:Death. 

3 minutes ago, Fluttershy said:

hmm.. doesn't make sense to me.

but looks like you are right, so i'll only have to pay "allies points" if i choose a nighthaunt warscroll battalion as a FEC allegiance army!?

Well, it applies more specifically to LoN. There are certain nighthaunt battalions containing only units legal in LoN, but if you take the battalion they still take up ally points. Even though they are actually LoN units outside the battalion. 

On 7/26/2018 at 2:14 AM, Hulksmash said:

Allegiance: Flesh Eater Courts
- Delusion: Crusading Army

Leaders
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Terrorgheist (400)
Crypt Ghast Courtier (80)
Crypt Infernal Courtier (140)

Battleline
40 x Crypt Ghouls (360)
20 x Crypt Ghouls (200)
20 x Crypt Ghouls (200)

Battalions
Ghoul Patrol (180)
Royal Family (150)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 118

Gonna give this list a try on tues against Iornjawz. My opponent usually whoops me, but he’s been getting surprisingly salty about facing this. All the free stuff is so welcome!