AoS 2 - Flesh-eater Courts Discussion

RuneBrush

1 hour ago, Amradiel said:

And I don't know if I should build crypt horrors or crypt flayers.

Both are great, but they are a pain to magnetize...

well, for the skilled and enlightened it is probably easy, I screwed up 5 models with bad fitting wobbly arms, which tend to fall off. Used 2x1mm neodymium, should have anchored them with 3x1mm for extra strength. Also, if you get the positioning right and a real tight fit, all your separate arms are model based, can‘t put arm A onto body B.

Triggers my PTS just thinking about that night... same as that moment when I realized that the magnet in Nagashs arm flipped.

(sorry, have to quit, i‘ll be outside drinking a cup of tea)

16 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

Is this then only SC boxes all the way?

Sooo, tricky question.

First I‘d dare say right choice with the start collecting box, the zombiedragon is good too and the vamp lord is just proxy, no worries...

I passed on the carrion empire, was too much money with all the extra stuff. Archregent will be proxied (looking for some shiny knight somewhere)...

with the SC-FEC and empire box you have a bunch of minis to start with, maybe a second SC-FEC, !!! A VARGHULF !!! and you‘re set for games up to 1,5k... try everything out in 1k lists, horrors, flayers ghouls etc. and feel out what is best for you.

Then maybe ghoul boxes to get 120+ 🙀 or the other SC boxes (nightfeast (3knights 20ghouls) or FEC (Monster 3knights 10ghouls) 

the Extension from 1/1.5k into 2k comes with huge investments, because dedicated lists really are specialized

if you want to field a decent  deadwatch, you’ll need 18 flayers and 1 courtier King on whatever 2varghulfs

if you want monstermash gristlegore you‘ll need 4 monsters... but if you bought them and think they stink, you’re  back on eBay 

1 hour ago, Gdead909 said:

So I decided to make new ghouls for the archregent to summon in. Finished 1 of the 20.

My court burns away the tait of chaos so all of them are charred

0223190009.jpg

Very cool. Could even in lore wise fit them into Hollowmourne who burn away the taint of tzeentch in Chamon with metal, or Blisterskin for obvious reasons (Shockingly).

1 hour ago, Gdead909 said:

My court burns away the tait of chaos so all of them are charred

That’s why you’re not supposed to use ethanol to start your BBQ...

but the idea is great, using some cleansing ritual for initiation... to burn away the sins to purify the soul (Malekith Style) 😂 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Honk said:

That’s why you’re not supposed to use ethanol to start your BBQ...

but the idea is great, using some cleansing ritual for initiation... to burn away the sins to purify the soul (Malekith Style) 😂 

Yep my whole army is done like that. When i saw blisterskin I was like oh isnt that convenient 

• LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, GeneralZero said:

How many archeregent max? 1 or 2?

However many you can cram in without compromizing your good units (GKOTG, GKOZD, Horror/Flayer deathstars). Archregents are incredibly points efficient but they do warp your lists towards MSU and that is a suicide strategy for FEC.

I think any Varghulf you want in your list should be summoned off an Archregent and so should Ghouls if you have a Court with other battleline options. But one block of 12 Flayers is way better than 3 Archregents that drop 3x3 Flayers.

21 hours ago, Honk said:

It’s a free unstoppable „van hels“ for any one unit (12 horrors or gkotg/zd

On its own it’s about as powerful as other armies abilities when we also take into account that our units are overpriced for what they do (due to free summoning)for balance. Take for instance dwarves with no souls (slayers lol ginger joke) they get powerful army wide buffs. Sylvaneth and now skaven get free teleports (which is difficult to really quantify how good it is but it’s general consensus that it’s amazing and can win games) or even seraphon (who have better summoning then us in my opinion). Imagine an army who can bring back 40 skeletons with one cp, essentially making them impossible to remove in small games (darn nagash and his legions). If our units are already weaker offence wise then other armies, then doubling that offence on one unit a turn isn’t as deadly as it appears when compared to the wide range of army abilities. It is true that it looks powerful even in practice and is by far the best delusion, but this is due to the nature of it in my opinion, it’s easy to measure effectiveness when a super buffed monster attacks twice a turn, but relatively hard to quantify teleports (or any movement shenanigans). Let’s for a second assume our 300 point monster is performing similar to a 200 point monster in other armies, then using the attack twice every turn makes it a 400 point monster effectively (or if you think 200 is too low then 250 points making it a 500 point monster) or even leaving it at 300 to make it a 600 point monster essentially. At 1000 points that 300 point advantage is monstrous (ha ha get it) but at 2000 it’s essentialy a free summon. It’s actually hilarious, I think the chalice and spell that heals a wound for each wound it deals is insane due to how easy objectives are when you score at The end of your turn (I always take plus 2 to cast and dispel trait plus relic combo) and The feast day is icing on the cake. Although I will say a mounted king with any spell that increases attacks plus the spell that allows monsters to attack as if full health hitting every fight phase twice at 1k is essentially taking a warlord titan in 40k (add chalice for massive heals and memes)

Tldr: incredibly powerful in an army that isn’t incredibly powerful(offence wise per point) which makes it still incredibly strong, but it’s essentially a free cp a turn. And in other armies that wouldn’t be so powerful. Sorry for the in-depth analysis there I only thought I was gonna add a paragraph 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

I have already assembled a ZD (foor a vampire lord but not glued). So, I still have the GK from the Start collecting box. Is the zombie dragon interesting in the FEC army? What is his strench/weakness compared to terrorgheist that I see everywhere in FEC lists?

The reason the B.B. (big bat, or terrorgheist) is better then the dragon is due to natural healing in my opinion, the mounted dragon gains healing, magic, and a command which is just way too good for only a one hundred point increase when compared to the ZD alone. The terror gheist however gains slightly less when it gains a rider so it’s easier to justify the cost. If you are dying to use one alone the battalion makes them definitely worth it, and since they generally do more damage (extra claw attacks then B.B.) making them less of a target (group plus no rider) can allow them More time to deal their higher damage since they will not be focused as much

BB: mortal wounds, wounds on death, and healing but lower overall damage to dragon

ZB:more consistent ranged attack, higher damage but is weak alone and the rider adds too much to not take him

the battalion makes both of them hella worth it

Edited by TheadTheOgorSlayer

1 hour ago, TheadTheOgorSlayer said:

Okay so everyone talking about the rules and painting but no one is talking lore, my favourite scene from the new book is the slaanesh lord vs the ghoul king on the throne I LITERALLY *insert inappropriate expression of happiness* when I read that little excerpt omg our lore is awesome. 

Yep that was a fantastic story, and it's a  huge deal that even enemies can get caught up in the Delusion.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lord_blackfang said:

Yep that was a fantastic story, and it's a  huge deal that even enemies can get caught up in the Delusion.

I wish we could see it in the model rules somehow. Perhaps an aura on our abborants that made them -1 to hit in melee because of the Delusion.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mrbedlam said:

I wish we could see it in the model rules somehow. Perhaps an aura on our abborants that made them -1 to hit in melee because of the Delusion.

YAAAAASSSSS then I’d be much more apt to risk my caster in melee! But I fear that would make far better then the regular vampire lord, which would mean he migh see less use in nagash (although I have no experience on eithers use in legion of nagash armies so that’s speculation from the worst possible view, one based on massive assumptions!)

Edited by TheadTheOgorSlayer

So after a lot of games this week I gotta say those endless spells SURPRISED THE HECK OUT OF ME! I only have one week of games (played ALOT THO since I’m on spring break) but my biggest surprise was that the cadaverous barricade WON me a lot of games. A lot of people were getting used to the idea of these new spells so they didn’t need take into account how much area this thing can cover. The thing is basically casting value 3 in my list (I run plus 2 to spells combo on my arch-regent) so I got it off each in every t8me basically with a few exceptions. In early games people were apt to let it by in favour of the chalice or d3 attacks spell ( the obvious threats) and then would find out that even a point black barricade in from of my guys was enough to stop a charge (couldn’t get into 1/2 an inch of my ghouls flank just becuase of the width of the barricade! And didn’t have enough move to get around.) in one game I even blocked a large unit from effectively piling in on one flank, which I think one me that combat (but that’s difficult to say as I can only tell by eye ball how much models it kept off my goons) anything without fly HATED the implications of such a terrain feature, and with two endless spells and my amazing dispell bonus of plus 2 I was SET to dominate every magic phase (it’s still separate in my heart... praise 8th edition!) unless they were big bois of magic’s like tzeentch caster lists or nagash. Of course lucky for me at the points I play (1000) two endless spells and two buffed dispels was enough to shut down a good chunk of anyone’s magic no matter the foe! With chalice and barricade I can say I had a definite advantage in objectives! Especially since you can force an opponents hand by putting the barricade in a way that blocks off an objective far from a wizard (although this happened only once and dispel range is far so don’t count on it, an annoying barricade usually just means a “free” dispel due to them giving up a spell to get rid of it) against anything with 6 inch or lower movement that’s not death it could basically mean no turn for that unit. In another thing the damage heal spell from our lore is amazing during sieges. It has the potential to cause a 12 model difference (6dead and 6 healed) and was an amazing threat whenever I needed a few more models to control an objective. It also makes our wizards amazingly at dueling! I would definitely recommend the spell on a mounted king! With plus 2 d6 mortal wounds were about a third of the time and when it happened I almost assuredly would take the objective!

Tldr:TRY THE BARRICADE WITH THE RIGHT PLACEMENT IT CAN SHUT DOWN A PLAN AND FORCE THE OPPONENT TO GET RID OF IT (remember models can’t move over it freely so are forced to go around it, against death you need to use it cleverly as the debuff doesn’t effect them) I DOMINATED THE MAGIC PHASE WITH TWO ENDLESS SPELLS AND A PLUS 2 WIZARD WITH RELIC AND TRAIT.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1