Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gaz Taylor

AoS 2 - Hosts of Slaanesh Discussion

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I think our best defence is murdering the offence ūüėõ the debuffs, I've found, are a good last ditch effort if we don't manage to kill everyone first. But one KoS and 30 daemonettes should manage that just fine.¬†

 

I wonder if we'll have a KoS focussed battalion - or even battalions focussed on the hosts. 

So far every god book has had a battalion with 3 greater daemons in it. Slaanesh will as well. Want to see what it does I do plan on buying 3 kos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I already have 4 KOS and 1 EKOS and plan to get two more KOS for 6 (all love Slaanesh).

The new lore article is interesting. Much more about fighting Chaos than about fighting other Order or mortal armies even in 40k. Slaanesh is almost taking on an aspect of ye olde Malal - indeed, Syll'Esske slaughtered their way through Slaanesh's realm before meeting the Prince, and the Dark Prince rewarded them.
She Who Thirsts created Shalaxi Helbane (notice the Hell-Bane?) specifically to fight other Greater Daemons (especially Bloodthirsters) first and foremost.

Edited by Unit1126PLL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Contorted Epitomes lore

"absorb the magical energies of the Dark Prince’s foes, before turning them back with terrifying effectiveness"

I wonder if that was shown in the rule preview. We saw the absorb part for 2+ mortal wounds. Not sure if one of them shows the turning it back on them effect. Unless the gift power rule is suppose to represent turning it back on them. Reading gift of power flavor text seems to indicate that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The lore tid-bit on the Warhammer community site is very light but dang that art-work. I just love this one. Might sell the model more to me than the actual model itself. 

SlaaneshLore-Apr24-Shalaxi3ujcvd.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kramer said:

The lore tid-bit on the Warhammer community site is very light but dang that art-work. I just love this one. Might sell the model more to me than the actual model itself. 

SlaaneshLore-Apr24-Shalaxi3ujcvd.jpg

I like it's using all 4 limbs to do something. The back claws to pin stuff the shield to block and spear through the heart. The new rules allow the kos to use all 4 limbs. Which is neat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed completely. That art is fantabulastic. I wish I could buy a print of it.

EDIT:
Anyone else get the impression that, if you spoke to someone who isn't familiar with Warhammer, you could pass this off as an Angel fighting a Daemon?

Edited by Unit1126PLL
  • LOVE IT! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Poryague said:

I like it's using all 4 limbs to do something. The back claws to pin stuff the shield to block and spear through the heart. The new rules allow the kos to use all 4 limbs. Which is neat.

Did you noticed it also uses its 4 tails in combat :) in 40k she/he/it has "cloak of constriction" but maybe its not the cloths ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Unit1126PLL said:

Agreed completely. That art is fantabulastic. I wish I could buy a print of it.

EDIT:
Anyone else get the impression that, if you spoke to someone who isn't familiar with Warhammer, you could pass this off as an Angel fighting a Daemon?

The posing is very reminiscent of that indeed. Until you look closer at the hermaphroditic nature of the angel.... which most religions aren't too fond of¬†ūüėā

@Poryague indeed that struck me as well. Especially with the narrative description of almost being made for hunting greater deamons. Really makes fluff, art, models feel as a whole. The rules, as shown so far, further build on that with the special challenge rule. Can't wait on the first match up vs. a Greater daemon player :D 

Edited by Kramer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kramer said:

The posing is very reminiscent of that indeed. Until you look closer at the hermaphroditic nature of the angel.... which most religions aren't too fond oūüėāf¬†

Eh, I don't think people would look that closely. I could print this on the wall and my friends who are into video-games or whatever would probably assume she's just a stylized angel.

Pop culture has really dicked with what angels are "supposed" to look like over the years, so I think you could probably pass Shalaxi off in that picture as an angel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, azmodan said:

Did you noticed it also uses its 4 tails in combat :) in 40k she/he/it has "cloak of constriction" but maybe its not the cloths ;)

Looking at closer yes. If the cloak of restriction is from the tails then thats good it got a rule since it uses it. Though its more like tail or tentacles of restriction.

Edited by Poryague

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quite a few angels are actually pretty much gender neutral anyway. Or rather the Bible mixes up which they are. Gabriel is one that springs to mind who is equally shown to be both male in some stories and female in others. Granted traditional art might pick one or go for a more "tom boy" look rather than "half boob half no boob" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Setting aside the actual appearance of the creatures, though, that art merely feeds my theory:

GW might see Slaanesh as almost becoming "Good" Chaos, in that she focuses on fighting other Chaos, and in certain circumstances might forgo attacking a mortal enemy (in favor of subverting and seducing them) in order to pursue his wrath against Khorne/some other Chaos upstart.

The art poses and colors Shalaxi the way you might see the Archangel Michael posed over Lucifer. Her fluff is that she kills Greater Daemons and Bloodthirsters, specifically. Syll'Esske killed a whole load of Daemons on their way to Slaanesh's throne and was rewarded. And the Contorted Epitome almost strikes me as a weapon to be used against Chaos - highly resistant to the wounding energies of magic/the winds of chaos/the realm, and capable of reflecting the worst excesses of the other 3 Brothers - excesses on which Slaanesh itself feeds.

EDIT:
Hedonites of Slaanesh on STREAM right now!

Edited by Unit1126PLL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cannot currently watch it, but apparently Hellstriders are now two separate units (as per the stream).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Enoby said:

I cannot currently watch it, but apparently Hellstriders are now two separate units (as per the stream).

He spoiled it and then got in trouble, and the stream got really awkward for a bit. But yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rundown from the Stream 

-4 battalions in the book, and they are altered (in some unclear manner) based on what Host type you take.
- No Khorne allies (nice)
- Slaanesh keyword units are all allowed, so Beastmen and Slaves to Darkness can still be Slaanesh allegiance
- Can sacrifice Hero wounds on Fane... or give it an artefact. Still not clear what the latter does.
- Keeper of Secrets 1v1'd Archaon at "lunchtime" in a game as a Pretenders general.
- Archaon and Skarbrand got trashed during practice game, which was "quite fast"
- Keeper of Secrets battalion confirmed.
- Endless Spells are called "dreaded Visage, Mesmerising Mirror, and ..." one I couldn't make out. Mesmerising Mirror is a control space spell, that discourages people from getting to close (for some reason). Face with tendrils debuffs bravery and includes mortal wounds.
- Contorted Epitome: pair of Heralds, take energy and send it back to the Temple of Mirrors. Mirror also slows enemy combat (as we know), 2 spells: Overwhelming Acquiescence, and one I don't remember.
- Heralds are ALL WIZARDS and are split between "foot" and "mounted". Heralds can ride all the chariot types including Hellflayers.
- Overwhelming Acquiescence spell gives re-roll ones and can be cast an infinite number of times ( though still only once per caster)
- Seeker chariots get buffs to charges and impact MWs
- Hellflayer chariots are "more about the grind", and has more overall attacks than the Seeker Chariot.
- The Exalted Seeker Chariot includes both Hellflayer and Seeker chariot rules.
- The chariot rules caused the rules design team to rethink "monstrous cavalry in AOS" as a general concept, and the Slaanesh book is the first rollout of the new ideas.
- Contorted Epitome and Keeper of Secrets are the designers two favorite warscrolls in the book.
- Keeper Warscroll has a ton of options to differentiate them (apparently. This part was hard to understand - could've talked about different options in the army, e.g. artefacts or host).
- Battletome is definitely supposed to help shut down FEC by shutting down Savage Strike and command abilities with at least two different spells.
- EXALTED KEEPER OF SECRETS will get an updated warscroll to bring it in line with the new Keeper so that it "works along side it and doesn't seem weird" whatever that means.
- Depravity Points summoning costs went up, but aligned to points costs - just like @Enoby suggested, but generation methods also went up.
- Depravity Points can only be used to summon - no other fun things.
- Infernal Enrapturess didn't change at all since W&R.
- MORTAL LORDS OF SLAANESH ARE NOT in battletome. Neither foot nor mounted. 
- Still thinking over what to do with mortals - distinct possibility Slaanesh will be the first Chaos god with a separate book for their mortals.

Here I had to stop watching because work.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks unit.

Shame about the mortals lords. Means we're the only chaos battletome to have everything with a daemon keyword. 

Very interested to see what else is in the book and how drastic the changes are. 

Did they mention what infinite acquiescence allowed you to reroll? Hits of 1? If so, likely not super useful as reroll hits of 1 is super common for us. Would love it if it were wounds of 1. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Thanks unit.

Shame about the mortals lords. Means we're the only chaos battletome to have everything with a daemon keyword. 

Very interested to see what else is in the book and how drastic the changes are. 

Did they mention what infinite acquiescence allowed you to reroll? Hits of 1? If so, likely not super useful as reroll hits of 1 is super common for us. Would love it if it were wounds of 1. 

They did mention it but I couldn't hear that well. Was watching on my phone at work, lol.

EDIT:
It may even be a debuff to an enemy unit, in that you cast it on them and then all your units targeting that unit re-roll 1s. It was quite difficult to understand at that point in the stream.

Edited by Unit1126PLL
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"No Khorne Allies" But Slaanesh heard only Love when Khorne bellowed his challenge. Sorry my Khorne doggies you'll have to wait another year before you shall see the table again. 

 

The lack of mortal lords is a sad thing, though with no mortal lords and no new mortal warriors it suggests that one day there will likely be a Wave 2 release for Slaanesh focusing on both; though when that might come could be a year or more off. Remembering that GW no longer puts models in the tome if they are not on the table already - though with no lords its a worry that both the mounted and footed lord will be gone by the weekend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Overread said:

"No Khorne Allies" But Slaanesh heard only Love when Khorne bellowed his challenge. Sorry my Khorne doggies you'll have to wait another year before you shall see the table again. 

 

The lack of mortal lords is a sad thing, though with no mortal lords and no new mortal warriors it suggests that one day there will likely be a Wave 2 release for Slaanesh focusing on both; though when that might come could be a year or more off. Remembering that GW no longer puts models in the tome if they are not on the table already - though with no lords its a worry that both the mounted and footed lord will be gone by the weekend. 

They did mention the Lords could be folded in as a "lord on daemonic mount" from SOD and an Exalted Champion (if I recall correctly).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As soon as the foot lord stopped being sold I figured he was dead. I'm surprised the boob snake is gone. I feel like he still fit in. 

It makes me wonder if we are going to get god specific humans in darkoath. It looked to be undivided, but it would make a lot of sense to lose all other mortals if they fell into darkoath. I hope hellstriders are still battle line, or at leas got a buff so they can be more than banner bearers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, kahadin said:

As soon as the foot lord stopped being sold I figured he was dead. I'm surprised the boob snake is gone. I feel like he still fit in. 

It makes me wonder if we are going to get god specific humans in darkoath. It looked to be undivided, but it would make a lot of sense to lose all other mortals if they fell into darkoath. I hope hellstriders are still battle line, or at leas got a buff so they can be more than banner bearers.

If I had to guess, I'd actually expect darkoath/StD/whatever comes out to get rid of marks on setup and use the BoC method of adding them through battalions. Makes it easier to balance what's available to what army. Of course I'm also expecting the majority of StD to get sent to the compendium with the darkoath release, just like dark elves around the time of idoneth. But I'm a natural pessimist haha. 

Edited by Grimrock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I missed the livestream but a friend who was watching told me they where still "thinking about how we will do mortals". Can anyone confirm this? If this is true then we'd be the first army to have two separate books for mortals and daemons which would be kinda neat but might go the way of chaos space marines and daemons of chaos in 40k. Still if they can come up with enough for a whole book that would be cool, especially considering khorne mortals can pretty much make up an entire book on their own. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Grimrock said:

If I had to guess, I'd actually expect darkoath/StD/whatever comes out to get rid of marks on setup and use the BoC method of adding them through battalions. Makes it easier to balance what's available to what army. Of course I'm also expecting the majority of StD to get sent to the compendium with the darkoath release, just like dark elves around the time of idoneth. But I'm a natural pessimist haha. 

The website folded slaves into everchosen. I think darkoath fluff was that they are basically marauders from total war. They don't worship the gods directly. The models they've shown have just been updated marauders so far, so I feel like we are just getting barbarians and no warriors of chaos, an I assumed no god specific stuff. 

They may do the batallion thing though. I actually don't like that style.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, kahadin said:

As soon as the foot lord stopped being sold I figured he was dead. I'm surprised the boob snake is gone. I feel like he still fit in. 

It makes me wonder if we are going to get god specific humans in darkoath. It looked to be undivided, but it would make a lot of sense to lose all other mortals if they fell into darkoath. I hope hellstriders are still battle line, or at leas got a buff so they can be more than banner bearers.

I mentioned this in the topic in discussion but with them rolling the Tzaangors into the Beasts book I did wonder if they would do the same with the mortals from the other factions into whatever the StD/Darkoath book ends up being. Redo the warriors and marauders and add some Slaanesh and then have the options for the Blightkings, Bloodbound and the Acolyte side of the Arcanites. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

√ó
√ó
  • Create New...