AoS 2 - Hosts of Slaanesh Discussion

Gaz Taylor

3 minutes ago, 5kaven5lave said:

Ah sweet, thanks for the post. 

No problem :)

I wonder if we'll get a sneak peak at our new allegiance abilities like Nurgle did. I feel our current ones will be fleshed out a bit (if not just totally changed). 

3 hours ago, Popisdead said:

I'm not as precise but nearly as accurate in my certainty this is correct (sorry, nerd jokes based on hearing precise and accurate at work all yesterday).

On the latter, I stumbled upon a 5th ed bat rep about a year ago in an old WD that had a mixed nurgle force of: GUO, Plague Monks, Skrolk, Plaguebeaerers, Nurgle Chaos Warriors, nurglings.  It was a thing of beauty and reminded me why I defend AoS,  For the gamers who truly want a great narrative army it is built into the core of the game.

I think it's pretty clear that if your whole army has the Slaanesh keyword, then you qualify for the slaanesh allegiance abilities.

Screenshot_20180830-134736_WH AoS.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Siemano said:

That was my first plan. I already made some sylvaneth on snow bases. The problem is i want my slaanesh army to be from the realm of aqshy :P snow bases dont work well with this theme.

On another note, i love your skin color on the daemonettes. How did You make it?

Ah yeah, a different style would be better. Skin easy- palid whych flesh and nuln oil

2 hours ago, LordRogalDorn said:

I think it's pretty clear that if your whole army has the Slaanesh keyword, then you qualify for the slaanesh allegiance abilities.

Screenshot_20180830-134736_WH AoS.jpg

Yip, second paragraph; "...including any units that you assign a keyword to during set-up..."

Ok, so i gave up on Slaanesh for a wee bit there after the faq killed my plans for depravity through mortal wounds, but with the game box looming and a battletome in the near future, I'm starting to get psyched again...

I'm looking at building up a 1k list (my meta's go-to battle size). Any suggestions would be appreciated! Here's what I'm thinking so far:

Keeper (can proxy)

Prince (have = mandatory take ?)

Masque (have)

2x5 hellstriders (can proxy)

2x10 daemonettes (proxy; they're on 32's right?)

100pts for...?

1 hour ago, Waiyuren said:

Ok, so i gave up on Slaanesh for a wee bit there after the faq killed my plans for depravity through mortal wounds, but with the game box looming and a battletome in the near future, I'm starting to get psyched again...

I'm looking at building up a 1k list (my meta's go-to battle size). Any suggestions would be appreciated! Here's what I'm thinking so far:

Keeper (can proxy)

Prince (have = mandatory take ?)

Masque (have)

2x5 hellstriders (can proxy)

2x10 daemonettes (proxy; they're on 32's right?)

100pts for...?

Daemonettes are on 25mms - get twice as many in :)

In 1000pts, I'd suggest combining the daemonettes into a unit of 20, and adding another 10 to make 30 (for 270) or taking another unit of hellstriders for support.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Enoby said:

Daemonettes are on 25mms - get twice as many in :)

In 1000pts, I'd suggest combining the daemonettes into a unit of 20, and adding another 10 to make 30 (for 270) or taking another unit of hellstriders for support.

Cheers Enoby. I'm actually kind of scared to take larger units as my primary opponent will have a gaunt summoner on the table a lot of the time, but i figured I'd need at least 20 daemonettes for clearing chaff.

If i take a 30 block, I'll at least have the same number of drops as she does though. ?

7 hours ago, Waiyuren said:

Cheers Enoby. I'm actually kind of scared to take larger units as my primary opponent will have a gaunt summoner on the table a lot of the time, but i figured I'd need at least 20 daemonettes for clearing chaff.

If i take a 30 block, I'll at least have the same number of drops as she does though. ?

The Gaunt Summoner is a pain ? I'd still go with the 20 daemonettes as they're brutal, but kill the summoner as fast as possible.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Waiyuren said:

30 daemonettes are so good not to take, in a 1000pt game they can do wonders for you. Also remember that the gaunt summoners spell is only models within 18 so you should be able to put a couple of models in that range to mak3 the charge easie for you. He is not the powerhouse he used to be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tzeentchmike said:

30 daemonettes are so good not to take, in a 1000pt game they can do wonders for you. Also remember that the gaunt summoners spell is only models within 18 so you should be able to put a couple of models in that range to mak3 the charge easie for you. He is not the powerhouse he used to be.

Truth. Even on a vortex he's squishy as ****. With the ability for first turn charges from multiple units, he shouldn't be around long enough to be a real factor. Killed daemonettes can be replaced via summoning.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tasman said:

Truth. Even on a vortex he's squishy as ****. With the ability for first turn charges from multiple units, he shouldn't be around long enough to be a real factor. Killed daemonettes can be replaced via summoning.

My opponent's list is super min-maxed, but she knows how to place her chaff. That said, If i can bounce past it she has 75% of her points tied up in 3 models. ?

Ugh, i need to feed something cheap and nasty to her Jabberslythe... Maybe if i split the 'nettes into 20 and 10 and chuck the 10 at it? I'd lose out on dp though. ?

So allegiance ability; pretenders maybe, with devotee of torment and allure of slaanesh or deeply vain on the keeper?

How about dimensional blade on the prince (she's armed with swords).

Edited by Waiyuren

Hi, wanted to make a 1000 points list too, out of two start collecting:

QG:

Slaneesh Chaos Lord

Battleline:

20 daemonettes

10 Chaos Warriors with mark of Slaneesh

Others:

10 Seekers of Slaneesh

Exalted Seeker Chariots x2

C&C welcome.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Caligvla said:

Hi, wanted to make a 1000 points list too, out of two start collecting:

QG:

Slaneesh Chaos Lord

Battleline:

20 daemonettes

10 Chaos Warriors with mark of Slaneesh

Others:

10 Seekers of Slaneesh

Exalted Seeker Chariots x2

C&C welcome.

Looks good :) that said, I'd suggest using chaos knights rather than warriors - they hit harder and save you 20 points, which you can spend on making one of your chariots a herald on chariot (good for depravity points). Later on, you may want to consider a Keeper of Secrets (though it may get a new model soon) to help your daemon side.

5 hours ago, Waiyuren said:

My opponent's list is super min-maxed, but she knows how to place her chaff. That said, If i can bounce past it she has 75% of her points tied up in 3 models. ?

Ugh, i need to feed something cheap and nasty to her Jabberslythe... Maybe if i split the 'nettes into 20 and 10 and chuck the 10 at it? I'd lose out on dp though. ?

So allegiance ability; pretenders maybe, with devotee of torment and allure of slaanesh or deeply vain on the keeper?

How about dimensional blade on the prince (she's armed with swords).

Just kill it with 'nettes, when it takes wounds it's shoveling out D3 MWs on a 4+. They don't give you any DP and will make some hero of yours very unhappy.  The Vps that you would gain by wounding it would almost surely kill your hero. I've used that sucker with great success. Those who don't know what it does learn to avoid it in CC in future games.

Edited by Tasman
  • Thanks 1

P.layed a game vs stormcast yesterday. We called it a draw cause so many rules mistakes on both sides (we came back from lunch and forgot i had to make a battleshock roll that would have changed how things went, he forgot he had divine light on a unit)., and i was rather distractec cause I have one of my hellstriders missing. I was looking at cases at my GW last week and used the model as one I'd be really cautious of breaking in a case. So I don't know if someone accidentally picked it up or what. I was building a 3rd squad of hellstriders but now i'm a model short. I may end up having to buy a 4th kit, and convert some heroes? 

30 minutes ago, carnith said:

P.layed a game vs stormcast yesterday. We called it a draw cause so many rules mistakes on both sides (we came back from lunch and forgot i had to make a battleshock roll that would have changed how things went, he forgot he had divine light on a unit)., and i was rather distractec cause I have one of my hellstriders missing. I was looking at cases at my GW last week and used the model as one I'd be really cautious of breaking in a case. So I don't know if someone accidentally picked it up or what. I was building a 3rd squad of hellstriders but now i'm a model short. I may end up having to buy a 4th kit, and convert some heroes? 

Lol. I've had a lot of games end like that.... going all the way back to 3rd ed.

Had a 1 day 22 man tournament down at kirton games in Exeter this weekend and the slaanesh managed to win it. Played slvaneth in scorched earth with 3 tree lords and majored that with 2000kps. Next was stormcast with a star Drake in duality of death, I got the jump on the star Drake who had the -1 to hit artefact and the keeper took him down to one wound in a round with a lone daemonette finishing him off. After that I was too far up so just ran over and killed everything getting another tabling of 1940kps. Laser game was against my club mate with his hard deep kin army. Got the luck of the priorities on this one and I managed to win 3 of them to keep me ahead in points as he took my army apart in turn 3 due to volturnos command ability stacking. The keeper managed to survive though as the defensive eels were stuck in combat with a helstrider on 1 wound wasting their 100+ attacks. This allowed the keeper to mop up anything in reach and allow me to spawn daemonettes to re secure an objective, allowing me a major win and another 1740kps. The list is still working well at the moment but deepkin are a very hard counter for it the defensive eels can tear through the army so quickly and you really need to alpha strike the attacking eels before they do too much damage.

• Like 2

Sounds like a great time! Yeah the game I played yesterday, I just ended up getting double turned. Like I said, some new rules forgotten, but the guy is playing stormcast and I can't remember what 15 different warscrolls do that I might find in his game. But I initially won due to a lucky turn of my jabberslythe causing 2 concussors to become stupid and 20 summoned daemonettes making a 9 inch charge onto an objective. Also, the terrain feature we rolled was you can't see through terrain, and I had a wizard slinging spells out of it. We had completely forgotten about it. A lot of mortal wounds would have not been caused. We called it a draw, and I assume we will get a rematch in. I had to deal with a lot of annoying 2+ save liberators by his general who had staunch defender and he was in terrain. Made for a long fight. Also my jabberslythes barely made a 1/4 of their bile blood, and even then, doing like a mw for each dice. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, carnith said:

Sounds like a great time! Yeah the game I played yesterday, I just ended up getting double turned. Like I said, some new rules forgotten, but the guy is playing stormcast and I can't remember what 15 different warscrolls do that I might find in his game. But I initially won due to a lucky turn of my jabberslythe causing 2 concussors to become stupid and 20 summoned daemonettes making a 9 inch charge onto an objective. Also, the terrain feature we rolled was you can't see through terrain, and I had a wizard slinging spells out of it. We had completely forgotten about it. A lot of mortal wounds would have not been caused. We called it a draw, and I assume we will get a rematch in. I had to deal with a lot of annoying 2+ save liberators by his general who had staunch defender and he was in terrain. Made for a long fight. Also my jabberslythes barely made a 1/4 of their bile blood, and even then, doing like a mw for each dice. 

Really curious to see where the jabbeslythe ends up. Just in the beast of chaos tome and if so how it’s allying in stuff

List discussion. Pretenders.

Keeper of secrets (devotee of torment, one other trait, realm artefact ...?)

KoS

Daemon Prince with wings and sword

Daemon Prince with wings and axe

2x Exalted Chariot

10 warriors (shields)

10 warriors (great weapons)

40 marauders (flails)

10 seekers

Geminids

Models:

I am keeping my 40 daemonettes, a herald on foot, a chariot herald and more seeker cavalry for summoning purposes.

Realm artefact discussion:

-Sword of Judgement, that gives me d6 mortal wounds on a 6 to hit. Pair with supremely vain for 5+ mortal wounds.

-Ethereal Armor, that makes my 4+ save ignore rend. Pair with Allure of Slaanesh for -1 to hit.

-Anything else you would suggest?

Edited by cooleyo