AoS 2 - Hosts of Slaanesh Discussion

Gaz Taylor

Invaders command traits:

1.  best of the best

you can re-roll wound rolls for attacks made by this general whilst this general is within 6" of another hero.

2.  glory hog

at the end of the combat phase, if any enemy units were destroyed in that combat phase and this general is on the battlefield, you receive 1 command point.

3.  hurler of obscenities

at the start of the combat phase you can pick 1 enemy hero within 6" of this general, until the end of that combat phase add 1 to hit rolls for attacks made by that enemy hero that target this general, but subtract 1 from save rolls for attacks that target that hero.

4.  territorial

Add 1 to the number of depravity points you receive from the escalating havoc battle trait if this general is wholly within enemy territory at the start of your hero phase.

5. skin-taker

at the end of the combat phase, if any models were slain by wounds inflicted by this generals attacks in that combat phase you can heal d3 wounds allocated to this general.

6.  delusions of infallibility

add 1 to the wounds characteristics of this general.

Invaders relics

1.  The rod of misrule

at the start of your hero phase, roll a dice, on a 1 your opponent receives 1 command point, on a 2-5 you receive 1 command point, on a 6 your receive d3 command points.

2. rapier of ecstatic conquest

pick 1 of the bearers melee weapons., if the unmodified wound roll for an attack with this weapon is 6, that attack inflicts 1 mortal wound on the target in addition to any normal damage.

3. whip of subversion 

at the end of the combat phase you can pick 1 enemy hero within 6" of the bearer, pick 1 melee weapon that hero is armed with and then pick 1 other enemy unit within 1" of that hero, the other unit suffers a number of mortal wounds equal to the attack characteristic of the melee weapon that you picked.

4.  icon of infinite excess

Once per battle, at the start of the combat phase the bearer can use this artefact, if they do so, until the end of that combat phase add 1 to hit rolls for units that are wholly within 12" of the bearer at the start of the combat phase.

5.  fallacious gift

after set-up is complete, but before the battle begins, pick 1 enemy hero and then pick 1 of their weapons, at the end of each battle round in which that hero attacked with that weapon that hero suffers 1 mortal wound.

6. the beguiling gem

at the start of the combat phase, pick 1 enemy hero within 3" of the bearer and roll 3d6, if the roll is greater then than that hero's bravery characteristic subtract 1 from the attack characteristic of all that hero's melee weapons (to a minimum of 0) until the end that phase.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

pretenders command traits:

1. strength of godhood

Once per combat phase in step 4 of the attack sequence you can add d3 to the damage inlicted by 1 successful attack made by this general.

2. monarch of lies

at the start of the combat phase, pick 1 enemy hero within 3" of this general, subtract 1 from hit rolls for attacks made by that enemy hero in that phase.

3. true child of slaanesh

at the start of the first battle round, before determining which player has the first turn, roll 6 dice, you receive 1 depravity point for each roll of 5+.

4. strongest alone

you can re-roll hit rolls for attacks made by this general while there are no other friendly models within 6" of this general.

5.  hunter of godbeasts

add 1 to the damage inflicted by successful attacks made by this general that target a monster.

6. Inspirer

do not take battleshock tests for friendly pretenders host units while they are wholly within 9" of this general

Pretenders artefacts

1.  the crown of dark secrets

at the start of the first battle round pick 1 enemy hero, you can re-roll hit rolls for attacks made by the bearer that that target that hero, and you can re-roll unbinding rolls for unbinding attempts made by the bearer for spells that were cast by that hero.

2. pendant of slaanesh

at the start of your hero phase you can heal up to d3 wounds allocated to the bearer.

3. sliverslash

pick 1 of the bearers melee weapons, add 2 to the attacks characteristic of that weapon.

4. sceptre of domination

at the start of the hero phase, if the bearer is within 12" of any enemy hero's and your opponent has any command points, roll a dice, on a 4+ your opponent loses 1 command point and you receive 1 command point.

5.  breathtaker

you can re-roll the dice roll to determine if an enemy hero within 3" of the bearer is affected by the locus of diversion battle trait.

6. Mask of spiteful beauty

at the start of your hero phase, pick 1 enemy unit within 6" of the bearer, subtract 1 from that units bravery characteristics until your next hero phase.

For invaders kos as general with best of the best and icon of infinite excess you could sacrifice the icon to the fane. Then have reroll hits all game and have hero walk near by for reroll wounds or try get into combat with other heroes when possible. Reroll everything can be good.

Goodseekers command traits:

1.  hunter supreme

you can re-roll hit and wound rolls of 1 for attacks made by this general if this general made a charge move in the same turn.

2.  thrill seeker

this general can run and still charge later in the same turn. if this general already has an ability that allows them to run and still charge later in the same turn. add 3 to run roll for this general instead.

3.  into the fray

the hit roll for the first attack made by this general during the battle is automatically a 6 (do not roll the dice)

4. trail-sniffer

at the start of your hero phase, roll a dice for this general if this general is wholly within enemy territory. on a 3+ add 1 to the attack characteristic of this generals melee weapons until your next hero phase.

5. symphoniac

at the start of the combat phase, roll 1 dice for each enemy unit within 3" of this general, on a 2+ that enemy unit suffers 1 mortal wound.

6. speed-chaser

this general can retreat and still charge later in the same turn.

Godseekers artefacts

1.  cameo of the dark prince

once per battle, at the start of your hero phase, the bearer can use this artefact, if they do so, you receive 1 command point, and until your next hero phase you do not have to take battleshock for friendly chaos slaanesh units while they are wholly within 18" of the bearer.

2. girdle of the realm-raiser (?)

subtract 1 from the bearers wound characteristic, in addition the bearer can fly.

3.  threnedy voicebox (?)

at the start of the combat phase, you can pick 1 enemy hero that is within 3" of the bearer, subtract 1 from the attack characteristic of melee weapons used by that hero(to a minimum of 1) until the end of that phase.

4. lash of despair

at the start of your shooting phase, you can roll a dice for each enemy unit within 6" of the bearer, on a 4+ that unit suffers 1 mortal wound.

5.  enrapturing circlet

enemy units within 3" of the bearer cannot retreat, in addition at the start of your hero phase roll a dice for each enemy unit within 3" of the bearer, on a 2+  that enemy unit suffers 1 mortal wound.

6.  bindings of slaanesh

at the start of the combat phase, you can pick 1 enemy hero within 3" of the bearer and roll 2d6, if the roll is greater than that enemy hero's move characteristic subtract 1 from hit rolls for attacks made by that enemy hero until the end of that phase. in addition, if the roll is greater than that enemy hero's wound characteristic , that enemy hero suffers d3 mortal wounds.

Battalions:

Supreme Sybarites 120 pts

3-6 chaos slaanesh heroes

ruling cabal :

at the start of your hero phase, roll a dice, if the result is less than or equal to the number of heroes from this battalion that are on the battlefield, you receive 1 command point.

Epicurean revellers 180 pts

2-6 units of daemonettes

0-4 hellflayers, exalted chariots or units of fiends in any combination

perfect destroyers(?) :

if the unmodified wound roll for an attack made with a melee weapon by a daemonette from this battalion is 6, that attack inflicts 1 mortal wound on the target and the attack sequence ends (do not make a save roll) 

seeker cavalcade 140 pts

2-6 units of seekers or hellstriders in any combination

0-4 units of seeker chariots

Drawn to battle :

a model from this battalion is eligible to fight in the combat phase if it is within 6" of an enemy unit instead of 3", and can move and extra 3" when it piles in.

Hedonite host 120 pts

1  supreme sybarites

1-3 epicurean revellers

1-3 seeker cavalcades

transcendental warriors :

Add 1 to the bravery characteristic of units in this battalion. in addition if this battalion is part of a slaanesh army, at the start of your hero phase you receive d3 depravity points.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how to go up against Sylvaneth with the new Slaanesh? Most of our power lies in monsters on bases too large to fit between trees. We have no flying and we can't really reasonably 1 drop at 2k. 

Thus all a Slyvaneth has to do is take first turn, flood the board with trees and we are effectively stuck in our own deployment zone. I'm not sure daemonette spam will work but its the only thing we have that can really get through those damn trees and be effective.

4 minutes ago, themortalgod said:

Does anyone have any thoughts on how to go up against Sylvaneth with the new Slaanesh? Most of our power lies in monsters on bases too large to fit between trees. We have no flying and we can't really reasonably 1 drop at 2k. 

Thus all a Slyvaneth has to do is take first turn, flood the board with trees and we are effectively stuck in our own deployment zone. I'm not sure daemonette spam will work but its the only thing we have that can really get through those damn trees and be effective.

Shalaxi can tempt the heroes to charge out of the trees. I think daemonette spam would be the best way. Big units can be dealt with by hysterical frenzy. 

6 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Shalaxi can tempt the heroes to charge out of the trees. I think daemonette spam would be the best way. Big units can be dealt with by hysterical frenzy. 

I guarantee opponents will almost always just take the d3 mw against shalaxi. I sorta of assumed that ability effectively is just a d3 mw shooting attack. Makes no sense to accept and get obliterated.

And doesnt frenzy require LoS? (tho my local sylv player spams small units of dryads so on avg frenzy is worth ~1.5 dp)

20 minutes ago, themortalgod said:

I guarantee opponents will almost always just take the d3 mw against shalaxi. I sorta of assumed that ability effectively is just a d3 mw shooting attack. Makes no sense to accept and get obliterated.

In a casual/narrative game it may be fun to accept the challenge, especially if it's Khorne or Aelven related.

Just now, kenshin620 said:

In a casual/narrative game it may be fun to accept the challenge, especially if it's Khorne or Aelven related.

hahah in my group that would never happen. Every decision is about what makes most tactical sense.  Narrative is never even a consideration.

24 minutes ago, themortalgod said:

And doesnt frenzy require LoS? (tho my local sylv player spams small units of dryads so on avg frenzy is worth ~1.5 dp)

We're likely just best using daemonette spam, especially with the MW battalion with them. That or get a one drop list, which is very possible so you always go first and spread out enough that they cannot drop woods.

3 minutes ago, firebat said:

They'll probably lose the wood spam anyway. It's a terrible mechanic.

I agree I dread every Sylvaneth game no matter what army I play and every single list I make I have to ask the question for every single unit: "Can this be completely mitigated by tree spam" and the answer is "yes" far too often.

13 minutes ago, Enoby said:

We're likely just best using daemonette spam, especially with the MW battalion with them. That or get a one drop list, which is very possible so you always go first and spread out enough that they cannot drop woods.

Well, its very expensive to go one drop, but yeah its an option. The tree player will also be a one drop though so its only a 50/50 chance and we pay a way bigger tax to do it. 

Side note in the battalion, if you roll that 6 in a big unit of nettes is it:

- 1 MW (attack sequence ends so you don't get the bonus hits)

or

- 1 MW + 2 Normal Hits (MW is just for the main hits but the bonus hits still happen)

or

- 3 MW (The MW copies itself 3 times)

Not sure how it interacts with their exploding 6s hit rolls. 

1 minute ago, themortalgod said:

Well, its very expensive to go one drop, but yeah its an option. The tree player will also be a one drop though so its only a 50/50 chance and we pay a way bigger tax to do it. 

Side note in the battalion, if you roll that 6 in a big unit of nettes is it:

- 1 MW

or

- 1 MW + 2 Normal Hits

or

- 3 MW

Not sure how it interacts with their exploding 6s hit rolls. 

the mortal wounds are on wound rolls

7 minutes ago, kenshin620 said:

On the topic of Sylvaneth woods, looks like their book will be soon (if Carrion Empire is anything to go by, either they will get their new book with the release, or maybe in a week) so they will most likely overhaul the darn woods.

Yup, though GW is in an awkward position where what is best for the game is to limit Sylvaneth to a single terrain piece like everyone but also the outrage from Sylaneth players will be huge if all of a sudden their $500+ in trees they were forced to buy are mostly useless. Be interesting to see how GW proceeds.

So based on the recent reveals etc, what would you guys recommend a new Slaanesh devotee? Are chariots and seekers looking okay, or will it more likely be mass Daemonette spam? I'm considering buying the start collection box and some of the preorders.

5 minutes ago, Kasper said:

So based on the recent reveals etc, what would you guys recommend a new Slaanesh devotee? Are chariots and seekers looking okay, or will it more likely be mass Daemonette spam? I'm considering buying the start collection box and some of the preorders.

Last few pages have had loads of discussion, but from what I'm seeing...

Either Pretenders or Invaders with a heavy focus on Daemonettes is probably going to work out best, depending on how good Syll'Esske turns out to be in play (because of how they synergise with the Invaders).

Godseekers are likely to be strongest with chariots, since chariots can retreat/charge to generate depravity points, and chariots are battleline in Godseekers.

You definitely want at least 1 KoS and at least 1 Enrapturesses, though personally I'd get 2-3 (the extras for summoning), and even without Godseekers you want a Herald on a chariot of some kind, probably just on a normal Seeker Chariot.

For now, I'd say pick up 20-60 Daemonettes, try and find a way to build Hellstriders without using that godawful model they have on sale (convert something and stick them on your seeker mounts?) since Hellstriders are more flexible and probably more cost effective than Seekers (due to their better save, even if they do slightly less damage). 

I'm also not really seeing the appeal of the Endless Spells (though the Mirror is a fantastic zoning tool and psychological weapon), but the Fane is an absolute must.

Archived