AoS 2 - Hosts of Slaanesh Discussion

Gaz Taylor

The heal is pretty good. I'll probably end up always using the heal on the Keeper too (although being able to snipe command models now is pretty good) so for that reason i'll probably still take them.

Ironically the herald is probably worse now than before. At least the one on foot. Sure being a wizard is kind of nice but they've lost the ability to be on a steed and the units lost the locus ability so instead of it just working you have to cast it. Nice having a bit or parity with being able to run and charge though. That was always a bit silly before that they couldn't when the daemonettes could.

Hellstriders just look like they don't want to sell them any more. They lose 2" movement, the spear loses 1" range, they lose the banner, soul hunters is worse, they lose the chaos runeshield and they have lower bravery. But they gain +1 save and are slightly more reliable at hitting and I have to keep reminding myself everything gets extra hits on 6's now. Actually thinking about it a bit more they're just more reliable now. The -1 to hit banner is a loss but whatever, they're still a cheap speedy battleline unit (I presume).

So another hard hitting, ultra fast, self healing, always fight first and pile in twice super monster into the game.  I guess at least they make monster more usable now. Even if it cost 350-400 pts do you think we will see list like FEC with 3-4 KoS ?

Edited by Saodexan

2 minutes ago, Saodexan said:

So another hard hitting, ultra fast, self healing, always fight first and pile in twice super monster into the game.  I guess at least they make monster more usable now. Even if it cost 350-400 pts do you think we will see list like FEC with 3-4 KoS ?

it is indeed in that range ;)

• Sad 1

Some of the warscrolls look like a definite increase in power while a few are less powerful other seem like a lateral move. Anything that got more powerful went up in points. There units that clearly went up in points. I cant see them not.

7 minutes ago, Enoby said:

The exalted chariot, for those couldn't find it.

Screenshot_20190427-003404_Drive.jpg

23 total attacks with special rule can easily add 3 to 26. All attacks can turn into 2 hits on 6. Buffed combat ability. Seems to be better in melee now. I want to see how it fits in battalions. I also all battallions.

Edited by Poryague

11 minutes ago, Colonel Cabbage said:

I’m shocked if this is true. I thought fiends might be going down if anything 

I'm not to bothered about it tbh, my 18 fiends list has been terrorising my Lgs for a couple of months, but they DO seem really expensive per fiend, will have to test them out (and with the "loss" of Hellstriders my list will have to be completely redone)

7 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Shalaxi may look a bit meh on the surface, but with the double pile in and its own very easy to cast spell, it does an average of 17 damage against a 4+ save (not accounting for extra attacks). 

The spell Also gives a reroll save . meaning we can reroll taking rend into consideration.

2 minutes ago, Poryague said:

The spell Also gives a reroll save . meaning we can reroll taking rend into consideration.

That coupled with its 3+ save against heroes and 2+ strike last means it'll be an an amazing hero killer.

Interesting synergies so far. I like helbane but it really seems to want  at least one other keeper following it around. Also if you're feeling bold you can reroll a successful hit to fish for a 6. Just as likely to miss... But it could be the difference between killing a monster and getting wiped. Now I'm mostly hoping for an easy way to make seekers battleline so I don't need to buy 3 units of daemonettes or invest too heavily in cross faction stuff. 

I feel slightly less worried about this release considering that we gained the ability to make a lot of enemies strike after we strike. Twins are needed in the army, as will a few heralds. Syll'esske might not be an auto take since his command ability requires general, but he does do a fair bit of damage and can keep up with run and charge. Shalaxi is purely just okay outside of knowing your opponent brings a center piece model. Maybe you are meant to fish for 6's to extra hits? 

• Like 1

kos can force you to attack last 6 to hit are 2 hits followed by 6 to wounds does mortal wounds equal to the weapons damage characteristic. Not incuding which route you decide to go with off hand equip. can attack again for 1 command point . its already looking to be more terrifying then the ghoul king on terroeghiest. We still dont know all the command traits, artifacts and battalions. I think this could get ugly fast for the enemies of slaanesh.

Also the keeper looks much better now with the 360. Much more graceful than it first appeared. Sprues are a little confusing and I really hope there are two options for the big claws rather than them being cut in half and needing to be glued together. Also kinda sad they don't have any pictures with the whip/dagger. 

So from warscrolls I've seen. 

Winners: Epitome, Keeper, Masque, Seekers, All Chariots, Syll'Esske, Heralds

Losers: Hellstriders, Fiends (with reported cost increase)

....eh?: Shalaxi

We're yet to see points, and I feel we will be strong, but what I did love about the finesse of the army is gone. 

I'm wondering where the secret technology exists for Shalaxi. I'm seeing a decent number of people say she's good. Maybe it's the hunting for 6's with euphoric killers? Maybe there's a Greater Daemon lore spell that will make us go "oh ****** here it is. This is how Shalaxi slaps"

1 minute ago, carnith said:

I'm wondering where the secret technology exists for Shalaxi. I'm seeing a decent number of people say she's good. Maybe it's the hunting for 6's with euphoric killers? Maybe there's a Greater Daemon lore spell that will make us go "oh ****** here it is. This is how Shalaxi slaps"

Against heroes, Shalaxi ****** wrecks in all ways except that they don’t have the command ability to fight twice. Shalaxi plus a regular Keeper within 12” so that Shalaxi can fight twice against a hero, rerolling hits and saves, with a 3+ save, kills any hero in the game other than Morathi, and is super tanky against retaliation by those heroes if they somehow survive.

But Shalaxi sucks when not fighting heroes.