AoS 2 - Blades of Khorne Discussion

Gaz Taylor

Neat that chaos spawn are back, I mean it even has a Khorne head!

Spoiler

99120201050_ChaosSpawn04.jpg

2 hours ago, Karol said:

That does make sense. But what about people that are starting that don't have those 4000pts. It doesn't help GW much, if they are scared to start the game aka buy stuff, out of fear of armies becoming illegal.

GW didn't need new players to buy 4000pts, they just needed them to buy a starter set.

I came from a forum that was very cynical about GWs business running (this was back when they were losing CEOs faster than a tech startup) and according to them, GW preferred if 10 new players walked in the door and bought a starter set each rather than 10 regulars who would only buy  a single box of space marines. Did this sound sustainable? No. But short term wise it probably sounded better. At least assuming that business model is true, which it may have partly been.

17 hours ago, TheAdequateWargamer said:

Aspiring db is +1 attack to units wholly within 10" of any models using the ability- so think that means no more stacking

It also means less units affected. Damn. I was always tagging 2 x Skullreapers and 1 horde unit with Slaughter Incarnate...

Artefacts-of-Power.jpg

Screenshot_20180723-211338.png.e41802845

Does the new FAQ mean that we no longer get an additional artefact for each warscroll battalion. As you can see above, that rule is part of the introduction so would be replaced with the FAQ text.  Its pretty s**t if that's the case or have I read that wrong?

26 minutes ago, Thomas E said:

Artefacts-of-Power.jpg

Screenshot_20180723-211338.png.e41802845

Does the new FAQ mean that we no longer get an additional artefact for each warscroll battalion. As you can see above, that rule is part of the introduction so would be replaced with the FAQ text.  Its pretty s**t if that's the case or have I read that wrong?

Can still take extra - says so in core rules

IMG_1212.PNG

• Like 1

I'm currently working on a new list for mortals. Trying to work in a MLoK on jugger, multi comman point use of his ability could be powerful just trying to fit him in.

I also started making some objectives, got the idea from the Internet (or maybe this forum), the idea is small shrines to khorne made by migrating tribes of bloodbound.

image.jpeg

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, MOMUS said:

I'm currently working on a new list for mortals. Trying to work in a MLoK on jugger, multi comman point use of his ability could be powerful just trying to fit him in.

Just to make sure, his ability does not stack. (BoK errata page 3)

18 hours ago, MOMUS said:

I know, but using it multiple times to have most of your army +1 to wound is great.

No damaging yourself for skullreapers.

I think I’ve managed to fit one into almost every list for my Khorne.... but I also don’t limit myself to just Gore Pilgrims. 

I’m not a tournament player though. I recently won a game with the Skulltake Battalion and enjoyed it so much I’m getting another Khorgorath to run it at maximum strength! 

I also plan on experimenting with double battalions :) However since Lord of Khorne on Juggernaut is my favorite model I would say he’s in more of my lists than he’s not. 

57 minutes ago, Sev said:

Hello,

Can anyone explain me the changes (if there are any) regarding the artefacts in FAQ?

I'm not sure i'm getting it right.

Thanks

For BoK they just changed the wording so that it's clear the Demonic Gifts ARE artefacts, as that is now a relevant distinction for some scenarios.

I read that part in a rush and jumped to the best possible conclusion, apologies for my part in causing any confusion in this thread.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, kenshin620 said:

Despite the Chaos War Mammoth being.....a Mammoth, anyone think that the LOTR War Murmak actually would fit more look wise with Khorne mortals? (Not to mention the lack of available Mammoths)

That's for you to decide, but as a side node the LotR model is significant smaller than the mammoth.

Second objective marker, bit more hastily asembled. Fluff-wise this would be due to perhaps being on the move so less construction time or lower quality materials to hand or maybe the marker denotes a mass grave rather than a single powerful hero.

image.jpeg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MOMUS said:

Second objective marker, bit more hastily asembled. Fluff-wise this would be due to perhaps being on the move so less construction time or lower quality materials to hand or maybe the marker denotes a mass grave rather than a single powerful hero.

image.jpeg

Where did you find the bits for these? This isn’t necessarily GW stuff is it? Like those little skulls and the pyramid layers? 

On 7/24/2018 at 8:50 AM, MOMUS said:

I know, but using it multiple times to have most of your army +1 to wound is great.

No damaging yourself for skullreapers.

It also has good synergy with the Skulltake Battalion - speaking of Skullreapers. 

6 or more wound roll add 1 to the damage characteristic of the weapon used. 

5EA34FDB-5FBC-4235-B096-4EC0F8F8BF09.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ravinsild said:

GW sells just a box of skulls? I’m both surprised and simultaneously not at all. That’s hilarious. 

So is the pyramid hollow inside? 

Yea, it's called 'Citadel skulls', 340 skulls of different types. Been out for about a year.

Pyramid is made from sprue as mentioned above, it's hollow apart from a bit of scaffolding to hold the next layer. 

I really like the idea of the skulltake battalion, might try it out. I'm waiting for rogue trader to drop so I can convert the large mutants into several khorgoraths. 

• Like 1

Always hard to go past Brazen Rune, especially in a tournament where you dont know who you will face but can safely assume some magic heavy armies in the current meta. Besides that, you've got 2 x bloodstokers and spare command points for re-rolling key charges.

That being said, much of the list already has built in magic protection which will frustrate a magic damage causing army no end. 

I'm probably leaning towards Brazen Rune however don't think you'd go wrong either way. 

• Thanks 1

So uh.... I love Khorne Mortals... and uh.... I actually have more lists than this but these are the ones I want to experiment with right now.... and uh I’m planning on getting a game in tomorrow.... but I’m not sure which list to use and I don’t know who I’ll be playing. 

Any suggestions for what looks the most fun and/or cool? 

5B6E029E-4386-40A3-8BD3-FC59E9D1F8AE.png

A2ECA445-4A56-4983-9957-B4944CC94DEB.png

87DC5FB7-B987-42C6-8A11-5A37E4D3CE07.png

1C1499A9-2E4D-40BC-A131-C911EB49EAB5.png

3EDDD9D4-C21F-4D44-BAC3-B34A91620A2D.png

EC1F0354-7775-47A3-AA74-95079DC2D033.png

0BD15A00-D47A-428A-BEB2-A9BEA184DC7C.png

4440A35F-0EC2-48EC-B151-7E45D222A255.png

DA135A4E-1F3B-4B3A-AFF1-CAA264319E48.png

0AD4CA45-2A25-4DF4-97A8-F81D4BDCF35A.png

D485DC32-C1E4-4D1F-B98C-EE3D83CFB937.png

618FA770-2C20-487F-A36E-898A24E0FDEC.png

4DE6BE78-8645-4C8B-ACE6-E5942D5B6C73.png

DD9F0F8E-0889-46E3-94CB-DB4B31154F0C.png

E2F00247-23C3-47B4-9FE7-58369C4C9669.png

F8A2C781-D12F-40BD-91BC-E06DC509BC7D.png

I’m just kind of brain dumping some of my thoughts post battle today - I didn’t get the game in I wanted but I was able to test a little bit of everything. 

I still haven’t done much with Mighty Skullcrushers but I believe in their alpha strike potential and think they could be good. 

Skullreapers are amazing, especially against 1 wound models and with lots of support. They’re especially good in the Skulltake Battalion and still solid on their own, however they’re quite soft and really require buffs and protection. They need help otherwise they just wilt. 

Wrathmongers I am iffy on. They feel like a gimmick more than anything. Paying 180 points for 1 extra attack for them to hang back and just be supports feels like a total waste, but in combat they aren’t exactly ultra Killy or anything and then it just ends up hurting you when your opponent swings back with more attacks. Their on death effect has potential to be decent but overall I’m not in love with Wrathmongers. 

I will need to test with them further but I’m sitting closer to “avoid” than “gotta have it”. 

Speaking of gotta have it - Khorgoraths are like sleeper OP. Baseline they’re just strong and they only get better with buffs and support. They’re incredible in Skulltake which I have some previous experience with, but even as they are they are just really tanky and put out decent work. I really like these guys. I feel like from now on I always need one with me. 

If it isn’t obvious I really like the Skulltake Battalion - but I still want to try out some other unused Battalions like Brass Stampede, The Goretide and even Bloodbound Warband or whatever. 

Lord of Khorne on Juggernaut kicks ass for a solo dude. Very tanky, and actually pretty Killy and his command ability is gold. Overall love this guy. 2nd favorite model in GW’s line and the stats to back it up and be a total badass. 

Skarr Bloodwrath is.... fun. However he’s clearly situational. He struggles against 2 wound hordes like Bonesplittaz. I think he’s best used against blobs of 20-30 and with low saves and 1 wounds. So situationally amazing but still enjoyable. 

Blood Warriors.... I’m struggling to... love. They’re 100 points and it seems like every game I’ve used them in they’ve either 1) been to slow to get into combat at all or 2) literally died, fought back and done pittance for damage the end. 

I don’t get why I want them? Chaos Warriors are cheaper and seem better on paper? I don’t know. I keep using them but I keep wondering why. Some Battalions make me but at this point maybe if I don’t /have/ to I just won’t. Not in love. At least they look really cool. 

• Like 1