AoS 2 - Ironjawz Discussion

Chris Tomlin

15 minutes ago, ShaneHobbes said:

Did you use the Gore hackas on the GGs?

I used Pig Iron Choppas as I'm comfortable with them. They fought like 3 times so I think the extra attacks paid off. We also discussed it a bit here previously vs Jagged-Gore Hackas and the benefits were marginal (mostly important on the charge and with a big group, I run mine on 3s so...I also don't want to change them on my models :))

@Malakree or @broche could you guys confirm the ''at the start of THE combat phase..'' use of Ironjawz Waaagh! and Killa Beat?

I hope this doesn't FAQ'ed. Wouldnt see why it would.

Edited by Jabbuk

I just noticed that on Warscrolls Builder, it says that ardboys are battleline in Ironjawz but require 10 in Big Waaagh! I was under the impression that they requires 10 in both armies. I don't have my book with me at the moment but, could this be a mistake on their end? Or I just misread it?

2 hours ago, Jabbuk said:

could you guys confirm the ''at the start of THE combat phase..'' use of Ironjawz Waaagh! and Killa Beat?

what is your question exactly? you can use the ability at the start of the combat phase (any one). If other ability trigger at the start of the combat phase, the active player ability goes first. hope that help!

Saw some big waaagh list with Ironfist earlier. Do we have confirmation that is legal? If yes i think it's not worth playing Ironjawz unless the list is super agressive, especially with Ironfist giving you access to Migthy Waagh. Big waaagh just give you much more flexibility from casting bonus to 6++ to army wide hit/wound bonus

10 minutes ago, broche said:

Saw some big waaagh list with Ironfist earlier. Do we have confirmation that is legal? If yes i think it's not worth playing Ironjawz unless the list is super agressive, especially with Ironfist giving you access to Migthy Waagh. Big waaagh just give you much more flexibility from casting bonus to 6++ to army wide hit/wound bonus

I thought Ironjawz and Bonesplitterz could take their respective command traits, artifacts, and battalions for Big Waaagh?

22 minutes ago, ShaneHobbes said:

I thought Ironjawz and Bonesplitterz could take their respective command traits, artifacts, and battalions for Big Waaagh?

This is true. However, in a big waaagh army any artefact of power taken for an IJ hero must come from the IJ artefacts of power list (likewise with bonesplitterz). So, no aetherquartz.

• Confused 1

36 minutes ago, ShaneHobbes said:

25 minutes ago, PlayerJ said:

The battalions are labeled "Orruk battalions" so I'd say they're legal in a big waaagh!

It's legal to take them, but there is unclarity as if you can use Mighty Destroyer with a non-Ironjawz allegeance. @Malakree have already asked the question for next FAQ.

30 minutes ago, Nogginnocker said:

This is true. However, in a big waaagh army any artefact of power taken for an IJ hero must come from the IJ artefacts of power list (likewise with bonesplitterz). So, no aetherquartz.

Huh, its seems like it should be wrong that you can't take realm artifacts, but I guess that is how the rules are written. I expect it'll be an faq, it would be a bit odd if it was the only army that couldn't take realm artifacts.

28 minutes ago, broche said:

It's legal to take them, but there is unclarity as if you can use Mighty Destroyer with a non-Ironjawz allegeance. @Malakree have already asked the question for next FAQ.

Oh right, I forgot Ironfust gives the free Mighty Destroyers. If I had to guess I'd say we cant use MD in Big Waaagh but yeah that needs to be addressed in a FAQ

12 minutes ago, ShaneHobbes said:

If I had to guess I'd say we cant use MD in Big Waaagh but yeah that needs to be addressed in a FAQ

I do hope that we can, cause it would be really good, on the other hand it might be best if it stay with Ironjawz to make them more appealing.

6 hours ago, knightish said:

Hey Everyone

Interested in the group opinion.

Ironsunz / the other clans  Verse No clan.

I love some of the rules we get from the Clans, but the forced items can sometimes be a little less than desirable compared to say realm artifacts / Cmd traits etc

This is my list. And my inclination is to go Ironsunz.

But going no clan means I can deck out my MC to be a bit more of a Beatstick / survivable.

Allegiance: Ironjawz
Mortal Realm: Hysh

Leaders
Megaboss on Maw-Krusha (460)
- Boss Gore-hacka and Choppa
Orruk Warchanter (110)
- Artefact: Aetherquartz Brooch
- Warbeat: Killa Beat
Orruk Warchanter (110)
- Warbeat: Get 'Em Beat
Wurrgog Prophet (160)
- Allies

Battleline
15 x Orruk Ardboys (270)
- 1x Gorkamorka Banner Bearers
- 1x Gorkamorka Glyph Bearers
15 x Orruk Ardboys (270)
- 1x Gorkamorka Banner Bearers
- 1x Gorkamorka Glyph Bearers
3 x Orruk Gore Gruntas (140)
- Pig-iron Choppas
3 x Orruk Gore Gruntas (140)
- Pig-iron Choppas
5 x Orruk Brutes (140)
- Pair of Brute Choppas
- 1x Gore Choppas

Battalions
Ironfist (160)

Total: 1960 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 160 / 400
Wounds: 139

I have thought about this too, but considering what you get from the clans, I think you are much better off just grabbing a Megaboss on foot and take all the forced stuff on him. In this case I would probably switch your prophet for one.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, knightish said:

Here is the rule. Was one of the previewed ones which is noice.

I read this wrong.

Malakree is correct.

As long as our unit is 9" away from a unit before the move it can move, if it took dmg in the phase. 

madashell.JPG

So if you destroy a unit in the combat phase and there are no enemy units left within 9", then you should be able to move D6 too. Assuming you took some wounds obviously.

Edited by Kasper
  • Like 1

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but if you do Mighty Destroyers on a unit within 3" of an enemy and it does its attacks, does it fight in the Combat Phase as well as the Hero Phase or just the Hero Phase? Same question for their Movement and Charge Phase if they're not 3" away. Thanks!

15 minutes ago, Incredebilis said:

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but if you do Mighty Destroyers on a unit within 3" of an enemy and it does its attacks, does it fight in the Combat Phase as well as the Hero Phase or just the Hero Phase? Same question for their Movement and Charge Phase if they're not 3" away. Thanks!

It is in addition. So you can move a Maw Krusha 12, then move it again 12 in the movement phase. Or it can fight twice in your turn etc.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, broche said:

what is your question exactly? you can use the ability at the start of the combat phase (any one). If other ability trigger at the start of the combat phase, the active player ability goes first. hope that help!

Yes it does :) thanks for answering!

9 hours ago, Nogginnocker said:

“Battleline in Ironjawz or Big Waaagh! Army if unit has 10 or more models.”

Huh, then I guess this can be interpreted in both ways: one where the 5 unit is battleline (in IJ), and one where it's 10. That's weird.

By the way, I spotted another mistake on the Warscroll Builder, watch out when you build your lists. Gore-Gruntas are still 140 points on it. They are now 160 no?

Edited by Jabbuk

Preparing for a local tournament. What do yu guys think about this list:

Spoiler

- Warclan: Ironsunz

LEADERS                  

Orruk Weirdnob Shaman (110)

- General

- Command Trait : Bursting with Power (knows +1 extra spell and can cast +1extra spell from Lore of 
the Weird)

- Artefact :  Shamanic Skullcape (+1 to casting rolls)

- Lore of the Weird : Wrath of Gork, Hand of Gork

Gordrakk the Fist of Gork (540)

- Mount Trait : Mean 'Un   +1 dmg Maw Crusha Fists

Orruk Warchanter (110)

- Warbeat : Get 'Em Beat (on charge phase, 12in on 4+ 3d6 charge)

Orruk Warchanter (110)

- Warbeat : Fixin' Beat (heal D3 wounds)

Wurrgog Prophet (160)

UNITS                             

5 x Orruk Ardboys (90)

5 x Orruk Ardboys (90)

5 x Orruk Brutes (140)

- Pair of Brute Choppas

5 x Orruk Brutes (140)

- Pair of Brute Choppas

6 x Orruk Gore Gruntas (320)

- Jagged Gore Hackas

ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN / COMMAND POINTS

Balewind Vortex (40)

Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (60)

Extra Command Point (50)

Soulsnare Shackles (40)

TOTAL: 2000/2000     EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 1     WOUNDS: 121 LEADERS: 5/6    BATTLELINES: 5 (3+)    
BEHEMOTHS: 1/4    ARTILLERY: 0/4

ARTEFACTS: 1/1    ALLIES: 0/400

The idea is to make a 6-spells-per-hero-phase list. The Weirdnob  cast 3 or 4 spells per round (with balewind + double green puke) and the wurgog another 2 spells. List also gives 3 unbinds which is nice. 

If I read the rules correctly allocating the weirdnob to be general and having no other MEGABOSS in the list, means I avoid the  mandatory artefacts of Ironsunz.

Thoughts?

Edited by Planar

34 minutes ago, Planar said:

If I read the rules correctly allocating the weirdnob to be general

Yes this means you get free trait selection.

35 minutes ago, Planar said:

and having no other MEGABOSS in the list, means I avoid the  mandatory artefacts of Ironsunz.

Even if you took a Megaboss as long as they didn't take an artefact you still wouldn't have to take the ironsunz.

It only says that the first megaboss to receive an artefact must take that one.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, PlayerJ said:

The battalions are labeled "Orruk battalions" so I'd say they're legal in a big waaagh!

It's not really labeled an "Orruk battalion". Thanks to the Core FAQ the Battalions have all allegiances of the Battletome. So at the moment a Battalion with Ironjaws Models is a Bonesplitterz Battalion as well because Bonesplitterz is a Faction of the Battletome (so you can basicly play Bonesplitterz in an Ironjaws list without spending Allypoints if they are in a Battalion) 🙄.

I have this entire Allegiances and Battalions Problem in this thread here:

8 hours ago, ShaneHobbes said:

Oh right, I forgot Ironfust gives the free Mighty Destroyers. If I had to guess I'd say we cant use MD in Big Waaagh but yeah that needs to be addressed in a FAQ

The rule of the Battalion only uses the rule of Mighty Destroyer (so they don't have to write the same rule twice), it doen't use the Ironjawz Allegiance itself. And it's only a once per turn ability.

I think there was a similar case with the Blessings of the Cauldron Ability of the Scrapskuttle's Arachacauldron that let's the wizard know all Spells of the Lore of the Moonclan (which is normally a Gloomspite Gits only lore but the endless Spell is not bound to the Allegiance only to the Keywords of the Wizard.

There is nothing in the rule that says that you need a certain allegiance that the rule would work.

Edited by EMMachine

41 minutes ago, Planar said:

Preparing for a local tournament. What do yu guys think about this list:

Hide contents

- Warclan: Ironsunz

LEADERS                  

Orruk Weirdnob Shaman (110)

- General

- Command Trait : Bursting with Power (knows +1 extra spell and can cast +1extra spell from Lore of 
the Weird)

- Artefact :  Shamanic Skullcape (+1 to casting rolls)

- Lore of the Weird : Wrath of Gork, Hand of Gork

Gordrakk the Fist of Gork (540)

- Mount Trait : Mean 'Un   +1 dmg Maw Crusha Fists

Orruk Warchanter (110)

- Warbeat : Get 'Em Beat (on charge phase, 12in on 4+ 3d6 charge)

Orruk Warchanter (110)

- Warbeat : Fixin' Beat (heal D3 wounds)

Wurrgog Prophet (160)

UNITS                             

5 x Orruk Ardboys (90)

5 x Orruk Ardboys (90)

5 x Orruk Brutes (140)

- Pair of Brute Choppas

5 x Orruk Brutes (140)

- Pair of Brute Choppas

6 x Orruk Gore Gruntas (320)

- Jagged Gore Hackas

ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN / COMMAND POINTS

Balewind Vortex (40)

Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (60)

Extra Command Point (50)

Soulsnare Shackles (40)

TOTAL: 2000/2000     EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 1     WOUNDS: 121 LEADERS: 5/6    BATTLELINES: 5 (3+)    
BEHEMOTHS: 1/4    ARTILLERY: 0/4

ARTEFACTS: 1/1    ALLIES: 0/400

The idea is to make a 6-spells-per-hero-phase list. The Weirdnob  cast 3 or 4 spells per round (with balewind + double green puke) and the wurgog another 2 spells. List also gives 3 unbinds which is nice. 

If I read the rules correctly allocating the weirdnob to be general and having no other MEGABOSS in the list, means I avoid the  mandatory artefacts of Ironsunz.

Thoughts?

You can pick the weirnoob as your general. In this way, you are free to chose the trait and the artefact for the weirnoob :)

• Like 1