Let's chat Stormcast Eternals

Requizen

2 hours ago, PJetski said:

The >9" restriction on Prosecutor javelins is actually significant now that you can't shoot out of melee. 

Yeah the hammer prosecutors look much more tasty now that they can tie up shooting units. A unit of 6 with two grandhammers dropping out of the sky with their 3d6 charge sounds like fun

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Carnelian said:

Yeah the hammer prosecutors look much more tasty now that they can tie up shooting units. A unit of 6 with two grandhammers dropping out of the sky with their 3d6 charge sounds like fun

Good Point,  maybe I will start to use my prosecutors as something other than the delivery for my paladins. 

Anyone else toying with the idea of dropping the Ballista with Scions of the Storm into the closest terrain near the enemy and watching them squirm? I feel like that has a bigger threat value than the Venator right now.

Also, someone made me think before. Can you Bless Weapon the Venator and use a Lucktone to make the hit roll a 6, giving you 2 star fated arrows on your target? And if you roll a natural 6 you can just adjust the damage roll on one of the hits...? I may try this...

43 minutes ago, Requizen said:

Saw the full view of points from new GHB. Aetherstrike no longer exists :(

It could still be in the battletome, which is coming ~1-2 months after the GHB

That said, I wouldnt be too upset to see it go. It's not fun to play against when you know what you're doing, and downright miserable if you don't know what to expect.

1 hour ago, Siorra said:

Also, someone made me think before. Can you Bless Weapon the Venator and use a Lucktone to make the hit roll a 6, giving you 2 star fated arrows on your target? And if you roll a natural 6 you can just adjust the damage roll on one of the hits...? I may try this...

I don't think you're going to find an answer that is RAW - but I would probably rule it as no. SFA is a special ability without an attack profile that can only be used once per game, and with Bless Weapons stating you can "roll another attack" I think it would be a normal bow shot. However, with the memory of all the times that SFA has failed me, the thought of twin arrows completely annihilating a large target does put a smile on my face. ?

1 hour ago, Requizen said:

The flood of raptors on ebay is going to be interesting. 

I wasn't really a huge ran of Aetherstrike as a concept, but it's a little sad to see it go in a way ?

3 hours ago, ledha said:

His 3+ save also mean he is 2+ in cover, which can make him infuriating to kill if the opponent doesn't have mortal wounds. I lost the count of all the time i sent my venator holding someone in melee, risking pretty much nothing with his save, while sniping opponents far away.

Do keep in mind you can no longer do that. If you tie someone in CC you will only be able to shoot at them.

Maybe a Celestar Balista is a better comparison. It can do 1,29  wounds against 4+ save vs 1,86 from the Venator, but at an even longer range. Plus it has 7 wounds at 2+ save in cover. And if the enemy closes to dislodge it, hell is unleashed at 18" or closer. The only advantage I can see is mobility (but Scions can solve it) and command abilities.

Can you confirm Castigators are notconditional battleline?

3 minutes ago, silentdeathz said:

The flood of raptors on ebay is going to be interesting. 

I wasn't really a huge ran of Aetherstrike as a concept, but it's a little sad to see it go in a way ?

Yeah, that's the last nail in the coffin of Longstrikes. No point discount, no Aaetherstrike. Except a warscroll change to make them inmune to LoS, they are dead.

53 minutes ago, PJetski said:

It could still be in the battletome, which is coming ~1-2 months after the GHB

That said, I wouldnt be too upset to see it go. It's not fun to play against when you know what you're doing, and downright miserable if you don't know what to expect.

Nah, GHB2018 has all the units and Battalions not released yet, so I don't think there'll even be changes between this and the Battletome. 

1 hour ago, The Wanderer said:

Any chance you have a full list?

16 minutes ago, ledha said:

do you have any link ? 

Mods have asked to not link leaked pictures, but I can answer any questions. All the leaks from before are legit, plus a couple other small ones (Palladors, Hunters, Desolators, and Concussors all down). Battalions got a cut across the board, but there are a bunch of new ones and a few that are missing. Plus, who knows what they'll look like in the new book.

8 minutes ago, DanielFM said:

Can you confirm Castigators are notconditional battleline?

Only Battleline are Libs (always), Judis (with SCE allegiance), Hunters (with Aquilor), and Sequitors (with Arcanum).

3 minutes ago, Requizen said:

Battalions got a cut across the board, but there are a bunch of new ones and a few that are missing.

Makes me wonder if Aetherstrike got renamed (and possibly tweaked) - wasn't there another Aetherstrike battalion belonging to a different faction? Could just be for clarity's sake. 

Edit: Yeah, KO have another "Aetherstrike Force" battalion.

1 minute ago, Freejack02 said:

Makes me wonder if Aetherstrike got renamed (and possibly tweaked) - wasn't there another Aetherstrike battalion belonging to a different faction? Could just be for clarity's sake. 

Yeah there could very well be a new one with Venator, Azyros, Judis, Aetherwings, Raptors, and Castigators/Ballistas instead. There's a new one named Hailstorm Battery that sounds like it'll use Ballistas, potential for adding in other shooting units/Heroes as well. 

17 minutes ago, Requizen said:

Nah, GHB2018 has all the units and Battalions not released yet, so I don't think there'll even be changes between this and the Battletome. 

Mods have asked to not link leaked pictures, but I can answer any questions. All the leaks from before are legit, plus a couple other small ones (Palladors, Hunters, Desolators, and Concussors all down). Battalions got a cut across the board, but there are a bunch of new ones and a few that are missing. Plus, who knows what they'll look like in the new book.

Only Battleline are Libs (always), Judis (with SCE allegiance), Hunters (with Aquilor), and Sequitors (with Arcanum).

Man, with no option to take Castigators as battleline they get crappier by the moment. I can't see myself removing a workhorse unit to get those in. And it's a shame because a) awesome models b) Soul Wars give you some you want it or not.

They won't be replacing Judicators any time soon, in the end.

11 minutes ago, DanielFM said:

Man, with no option to take Castigators as battleline they get crappier by the moment. I can't see myself removing a workhorse unit to get those in. And it's a shame because a) awesome models b) Soul Wars give you some you want it or not.

They won't be replacing Judicators any time soon, in the end.

IMO their only current use if if you have 80-100 points left over and are looking for effective filler. Not worth building an army around, but if they're available, I'd take them.

8 minutes ago, Requizen said:

IMO their only current use if if you have 80-100 points left over and are looking for effective filler. Not worth building an army around, but if they're available, I'd take them.

They sound kind of potent with the Arcanum CA + Evocator Empower, but that's a lot of resources put into them. 

As I said before, only a nice special weapon (or free Gryph-hound?) could save them.

I have a question for you sir, 

are there any meta batallions? Or did they get the cut, 

also any significent Price reduction on our current batallions ? 

16 minutes ago, Thor said:

I have a question for you sir, 

are there any meta batallions? Or did they get the cut, 

also any significent Price reduction on our current batallions ? 

I think hammerstrike was -100pts or something along those lines. Cant speak for the rest.

Gone:

Aetherstrike, all Stormhost specific ones, Celestial Hunting Pack, Storm Heralds, Storm Vortex Garrison, Wardens of the Realmgate

New:

Cleansing Phalanx, Grand Convocation, Hailstorm Battery, Sacrosanct Chamber (probably a huge one), Soulstrike Brotherhood

Changed:

Devastation Brotherhood -50
Drakesworn Temple +40
Exemplar Chamber -160
Extremis Chamber -140
Hammerstrike Force -100
Harbinger Chamber -140
Lightning Echelon -110
Lords of the Storm -60
Skyborne Slayers -50
Thunderhead Brotherhood -20
Thunderwave Echelon -140
Vanguard Angelos Conclave -40
Vanguard Auxiliary Chamber -80
Vanguard Justicar Conclave +10
Vanguard Wing -60
Warrior Brotherhood -60
Warrior Chamber -160

12 minutes ago, Requizen said:

Gone:

Aetherstrike, all Stormhost specific ones, Celestial Hunting Pack, Storm Heralds, Storm Vortex Garrison, Wardens of the Realmgate

New:

Cleansing Phalanx, Grand Convocation, Hailstorm Battery, Sacrosanct Chamber (probably a huge one), Soulstrike Brotherhood

Changed:

Devastation Brotherhood -50
Drakesworn Temple +40
Exemplar Chamber -160
Extremis Chamber -140
Hammerstrike Force -100
Harbinger Chamber -140
Lightning Echelon -110
Lords of the Storm -60
Skyborne Slayers -50
Thunderhead Brotherhood -20
Thunderwave Echelon -140
Vanguard Angelos Conclave -40
Vanguard Auxiliary Chamber -80
Vanguard Justicar Conclave +10
Vanguard Wing -60
Warrior Brotherhood -60
Warrior Chamber -160

Thanks ! Interesting 

3 hours ago, Freejack02 said:

I don't think you're going to find an answer that is RAW - but I would probably rule it as no. SFA is a special ability without an attack profile that can only be used once per game, and with Bless Weapons stating you can "roll another attack" I think it would be a normal bow shot. However, with the memory of all the times that SFA has failed me, the thought of twin arrows completely annihilating a large target does put a smile on my face. ?

SFA simply make you change Venator's bow profile, nothing stopping you from using bless weapons and melting opponents face with double SFA

Since the Thunderwave Echelon is going down so much (although Desolators are still a joke), I'm curious to know how the timing on Ruinous Assault actually works. The wording is: "Once per battle, in the combat phase, a Thunderwave Echelon can make a Ruinous Assault. Each unit in the battalion can immediately pile in and attack again, in an order of your choice." So...

1) Does this mean you could use this ability as soon as the combat phase starts, to allow all your battalion units to strike first? And if so, would this then disallow a second activation from them? Or would it be an "extra" activation that could be used before, during, or after the usual order?

2) Can it only be activated after all units in the battalion have activated, because it states "attack again"?

3) Even assuming the most generous interpretations, would it be worth running for one big turn? Stacking charge modifiers/rerolls would help everyone get into combat when needed. 

Archived