Age of Sigmar: Second Edition

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, VoodooChileIRL said:

I assume they're referring to the permanent magic stuff, but ohh if they're not... :D

I like the change to summoning, though I say that as someone who doesn't have an army that ever made use of the Summoning Mechanics. Still though I don't see the harm in now allowing you to take your full points allocation AND then add to them by doing thematic things on the battlefield. 

The magic models does make sense, except that not every faction has magic, but yeah it's probably magic and either they mean nearly every faction, or maybe there will be a way for the non-wizarded armies to get access to magic.

Just now, nine7six said:

so they will be spending command points on summoning while other armies can use it for extra hits/damage/dispel?

There was nothing said about command point, that person just made that up just now. In fact the article says that each army will have their own way of generating some kind of summoning resource and that the new Nurgle and Nagash books are ready to go already.

2 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

The magic models does make sense, except that not every faction has magic, but yeah it's probably magic and either they mean nearly every faction, or maybe there will be a way for the non-wizarded armies to get access to magic.

Aye. Maybe a few artifacts could work the same as a one use spell?

Though which Factions have no wizards? Off the top of my head there's:

• Fyreslayers 
  • Dispossessed/Ironweld
  • Kharadron Overlords
  • Beastclaw Raiders
  • Most of the Skaven clans
  • Blades of Khorne

I'm sure I'm missing a few (a lot of the smaller sub factions) but I think those are the main ones. 

1 minute ago, nine7six said:

so they will be spending command points on summoning while other armies can use it for extra hits/damage/dispel?

Correct

Summoning, Command Abilities, and artifacts all cost Command Points

Summoning also usually requires some other condition that needs to be fulfilled, like Contagion Points for Nurgle. You won't have horrors summoning wizards summoning horrors summoning wizards on the first turn.

There are significant opportunity costs to Summoning

4 minutes ago, PJetski said:

Correct

Summoning, Command Abilities, and artifacts all cost Command Points

Summoning also usually requires some other condition that needs to be fulfilled, like Contagion Points for Nurgle. You won't have horrors summoning wizards summoning horrors summoning wizards on the first turn.

There are significant opportunity costs to Summoning

Before you keep telling people about your made up command point summoning rules, you might want to go read the summoning article that just went up on the Warhammer Community site.

5 minutes ago, VoodooChileIRL said:

Aye. Maybe a few artifacts could work the same as a one use spell?

Though which Factions have no wizards? Off the top of my head there's:

• Fyreslayers 
  • Dispossessed/Ironweld
  • Kharadron Overlords
  • Beastclaw Raiders
  • Most of the Skaven clans
  • Blades of Khorne

I'm sure I'm missing a few (a lot of the smaller sub factions) but I think those are the main ones. 

I'm thinking artefacts are the way to go. Maybe spell(and dispel) scrolls that can be taken universally. We'll get to see soon though.

6 minutes ago, PJetski said:

LLV, a poster on this forum

He has been correct about everything else so far

So, no source, just a rumour that you are passing on as a fact.

He might be right in the end, but up till now it has no substance except his word. (ergo no substance at all)

To be strictly fair, there's nothing in the article that absolutely precludes a command point requirement.

On the other hand, this passage is certainly a little misleading if there is one.

"The big change for matched play, though, is that summoning now no longer costs reinforcement points! Instead, you earn your summoned units with in-game actions: bloodshed, spreading plague, mastering magic, and other thematic goals. For some recent armies, this ability works just like it does in your battletome today (but free!)."

Emphasis mine. Seems like they would have/should have mentioned such a requirement if it exists. But, y'know, woulda-shoulda.

4 minutes ago, PJetski said:

It's not confirmed, no. If you don't want to believe somebody that used to work for GW, still has ties to GW, and has predicted the new edition with 100% accuracy... well, that's your choice I suppose ?

Don't worry, I'm sure GW will recognize their mistake and defer to LVV soon enough.

It's not confirmed, no. If you don't want to believe somebody that used to work for GW, still has ties to GW, and has predicted the new edition with 100% accuracy... well, that's your choice I suppose ?

Well, we believe what actually GW has written on their site, because some things could have changed since that person stopped working there.

Archived