Age of Sigmar: Second Edition

I could be misremembering, but flicking through the matched play battleplans in my store's copy of the core book (which are just the original six missions from the first GHB with some minor tweaking) I think I remember seeing that summoned units (or units brought back from the dead, etc.) did not count towards working out which side had scored a minor victory.

Also, interestingly, the battleplans did not seem to mention how objectives were scored (ie. models within X", etc.) which makes me wonder if there's going to be a standardised objective capturing method, rather than each mission having its own variance? 

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Lucentia said:

I could be misremembering, but flicking through the matched play battleplans in my store's copy of the core book (which are just the original six missions from the first GHB with some minor tweaking) I think I remember seeing that summoned units (or units brought back from the dead, etc.) did not count towards working out which side had scored a minor victory.

Also, interestingly, the battleplans did not seem to mention how objectives were scored (ie. models within X", etc.) which makes me wonder if there's going to be a standardised objective capturing method, rather than each mission having its own variance? 

We played 3 places of Power from the new core book last night and it specifically said hero within 3". We played Starstrike on Sat as well and I'm pretty sure it gave a distance as well. So maybe it was the open/narrative battleplans you were looking at? 

1 hour ago, Lucentia said:

The rules for holding objectives are now described in the Core Rules (page 11). Basically, have more models within 6" than your opponent at the end of any player turn to capture it, then retain control until your enemy captures it. So, default to those rules if the Battleplan does not specify. 

11 minutes ago, Kirjava13 said:

The battleplans in the General's Handbook specify that, when calculating victory points, you exclude "any new units that were added to the armies after the battle started".

Does that include capturing objectives?

20 hours ago, RuneBrush said:

Not everything went up, I think each faction was done slightly differently and Ben Johnson confirmed that the last 4 Battletomes have largely stayed the same points wise as they were designed with the new edition in mind.

And he's optimistic that GW did so in a way that didn't have them make those armies wildly over powered already.

If there's a mission in the new GHB like knife to the heart, summoning will with that by default if summons give up no points, on top of summoning being just stronger than any any without it.

I had a look at the new article.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/06/23/23rd-june-warhammer-age-of-sigmar-what-should-i-pick-upgw-homepage-post-2/

Honnestly, WTF?

- If I'm new, I buy the box and test , if it does not please to me I resell it or give it to little bro.

- If I already play, I know what I need and don't need a draw to tell me that!

There are people paid to do this kind of diagram at GW: that is where you can see that GW is next level/size company O.o

EDIT: If I already play: pick up GH2018 (or nothing)

- > If I collect SCE or NH, wait for official minimum unit size , wait for NEW battletome, then see what you need.

I know we already had most of the points available but the full list has leaked in it's entirety. It's mostly what you'd expect although I would very much appreciate it if no one would ever say 'they dropped/increased points to account for summoning' ever again. Regardless of your opinion on summoning, it's very clear the changes had a largely negligible impact on points values.

7 hours ago, GeneralZero said:

some ideas of heros by GW today...

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/06/23/23rd-june-9-heroes-you-need-to-try-in-the-new-editiongw-homepage-post-4/

Nothing new as several of them are already a must in their armies.

Wow, half those models are on square bases. 

That's a but of a shocker, given I'm sure there are round based pics of most that stuff in the Grand Alliance books. 

4 hours ago, Bellfree said:

Regardless of your opinion on summoning, it's very clear the changes had a largely negligible impact on points values.

If you would please step this way and take a look at the Tzeentch Daemon Armies ... they might beg to differ with your assessment... ;) (There are only 4 units in Tzeentch that weren’t touched.)

Overall, I would say you’re probably right .. for most armies there weren’t a huge bunch of changes. Others had the changed pre-baked in Because they were released with known GHB and AoS v2 in the pipeline so they accounted for the new points.

1 minute ago, TheOtherJosh said:

If you would please step this way and take a look at the Tzeentch Daemon Armies ... they might beg to differ with your assessment... ;) (There are only 4 units in Tzeentch that weren’t touched.)

Overall, I would say you’re probably right .. for most armies there weren’t a huge bunch of changes. Others had the changed pre-baked in Because they were released with known GHB and AoS v2 in the pipeline so they accounted for the new points.

Those changes have much less to do with summoning than they do with Tzeentch being the best army in the game.

26 minutes ago, TheOtherJosh said:

I don't mean to whine too much, but Khorne:

- had its most effective and important units and battalions bumped up in price, despite not being a top table army

- has to CHOOSE between using its basic Allegiance abilities and Summoning due to them both using the same currency (Blood Tithe)

- doesn't seem to be able to unbind Endless Spells (Wizards only)

<end whine>

Hi guys.

I've been away for some time and the AoS 2.0 hit my face few days ago and maybe somebody could explain to me what is going on?

I mean according to the bits and pieces  i read Chaos wasn't defeated, I't is still the strongest force in Mortal Realms and i't controlling vast majority of them. 

By the look of starter box Sigmar is getting desperate so he is sending the smallest chamber (Sacrosanct ) of engineers and mages to fight. 

Now by the looks of it Nagash is growing to be the main bad guy in the lands.... but again- what about Chaos?

Mortal Realms are still their domain  but they are totally overlooked (at this point).

I just don't understand the twist in plot at this point. Does it something to do with malign portents ?? (sorry for a noob question)

Archived