Age of Sigmar: Second Edition

1 hour ago, bsharitt said:

I'm still of the belief that Blightwar happened out of cycle because production issues pushed out the Nurgle general release.

I think blightwar was planned to take up more of the narrative but then at the time of designing it the designers reacted to feedback and got into malign portents and aos 2.0 instead 

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I was talking to my local GW rep yesterday who had just come back from AoS 2.0 "training" and she mentioned a rule that I'm not sure I'd heard yet. It has to do with removing casualties and your unit getting split apart. I'm not sure on the specifics but it sounded like if your unit got out of coherency during the combat phase, you basically had to pick one side of the unit to be removed from play.  Has anyone heard about this rule?

If it's true I don't see it making a huge impact other than you have to be really careful where you place your musicians and banners in the unit. 

On 6/8/2018 at 10:33 PM, Thomas Lyons said:

Here are some 2.0 rumors/leaks that have come my way: 

• At the end of each turn, you will lose as many models as it takes to return that unit to coherency.  
  • When a general dies mid game, you will select a new one.
  • Confirmation that command abilities can be used more than once.
  • Bale wind vortex adds +6" and one additional spell per round for the wizard on it.  Wizards on it cannot have a wounds characteristic more than 8 (thus no Morathi or Eidolon).  Enemies can banish it on a 6+ in their own hero phase, but they must be a wizard and it takes a casting attempt to do so.
  • The six Matched Play scenarios in the core rulebook are those from the GHB2016.  This leads me to speculate that of the 12 in GHB2018, 6 will be those from GHB2017 and 6 will be new.
  • Monsters and Warmachines over 8 wounds will no longer gain bonuses to saves from cover.

That's all I have right now.

@Sulfurious was rumored but nice to have it from a second source.

34 minutes ago, Sulfurious said:

So I was talking to my local GW rep yesterday who had just come back from AoS 2.0 "training" and she mentioned a rule that I'm not sure I'd heard yet. It has to do with removing casualties and your unit getting split apart. I'm not sure on the specifics but it sounded like if your unit got out of coherency during the combat phase, you basically had to pick one side of the unit to be removed from play.  Has anyone heard about this rule?

If it's true I don't see it making a huge impact other than you have to be really careful where you place your musicians and banners in the unit. 

This one was talked about earlier.  I think in both this thread and also the Rumors one.

39 minutes ago, Sulfurious said:

A few of us have played games this way and thought it was good.

Here is some more info on the Endless Spells.  Endless spell costs will range from 20 to 100 points, with a handful (3) of the endless spells clocking in at 20 points and Purple Sun being the only spell to clock in at 100 points.  The new Balewind Vortex comes in at 40 points.

2 minutes ago, Thomas Lyons said:

Here is some more info on the Endless Spells.  Endless spell costs will range from 20 to 100 points, with a handful (3) of the endless spells clocking in at 20 points and Purple Sun being the only spell to clock in at 100 points.  The new Balewind Vortex comes in at 40 points.

Are they purchased “in advance”? (Given the ability to purchase CP with leftover points.)

If you purchase them, is that a single cast of the spell?

Or just that it makes it available to your army for multiple potential casts?

1 minute ago, TheOtherJosh said:

Are they purchased “in advance”? (Given the ability to purchase CP with leftover points.)

If you purchase them, is that a single cast of the spell?

Or just that it makes it available to your army for multiple potential casts?

That I do not know yet.  

3 minutes ago, Thomas Lyons said:

I think it leaked out somewhere else that they will be purchased using army points in matched play, but those costs are really interesting.  Those costs fit right into the range where you would have left-over points but not much that you could use them on.  Command Points were spoiled to be 50, so those still leave a chunk of points (20-30) potentially unaccounted for that are lost.  This seems like a neat way to let you fill out a list that is below max points.

Does anyone have pictures of the sprues from the starter set?  I'm specifically interested in the poses of the Stormcast and the potential for conversions.   Are the heads swappable?  Are the shields attached to the legs? etc.

12 hours ago, Mayple said:

I feel mic-drops should be an everyday thing. Everyone should carry microphones around for the sole purpose of dropping it; same with sunglasses for one-liners.

Oh, a perfect world.. :D

People would be mic dropping all the time over stupid things they just said and it would be awful. No cool idea survives human interaction. :P

1 minute ago, stratigo said:

People would be mic dropping all the time over stupid things they just said and it would be awful. No cool idea survives human interaction. :P

That's what -I- would do! :P I suppose you're right.

6 hours ago, Skabnoze said:

Then they listed the allegiance abilities from the previous book.  Nothing in what they said claims that the allegiance abilities were not tweaked or adjusted in any way.  They may end up exactly the same, or some of them may end up different.  All we know at this point is that the GHB will include the allegiances that they listed as having been retained.  Other than that we don't know anything.

We even know the Slaanesh one changed with the new summoning point system ?

I'm interested to know what happens with "The Balewind Nudge".  Are we reading it that if you cannot place it 3" away from other models, you cannot place it at all?  So you can't use it to nudge models 3" forward?  That's how I would read it personally.

Also that 6" stipulation is very smart, meaning that Gaunty will be limited to 24" range and can't hit the frontline turn 1 in most scenarios.

There is no more Balewind nudge according to the indicated information. And a dispel can cause issues if the wizard can’t be placed after that dispel.

Based on the Warscroll for the “Gaunt Summoner and Chaos Familiars” wording of “The Gaunt Summoner is a single model” it looks like you can still put him and his Familiars on top of the Balewind. (Unless that gets FAQ’d or designer noted.) (The Familiars don’t actually move they are setup within 1” after the Summoner moves.)

However, any Skaven shenanigans with the Screaming bell appear to have been expressly prohibited. Thanquol and the Verminlords are not able to use it either. No parties on the Balewind...

Interestingly enough it does now allow you to use it with a Daemon Prince Of Tzeentch. (They only have 8 wounds.)  As the “monster” restriction appears to have been lifted.

1 hour ago, TheOtherJosh said:

Interestingly enough it does now allow you to use it with a Daemon Prince Of Tzeentch. (They only have 8 wounds.)  As the “monster” restriction appears to have been lifted.

That's a good move in my opinion.  Hopefully other abilities such as gaining cover saves will work on a Wounds limit rather than the Monster keyword too.

You will always have something that lands on just the right side or wrong side of a wounds cap, but I think that is preferable to non-Monster Behemoths giving really janky situations.  It's really weird that currently a Khorgorath is a "Big Thing" for many rules purposes, and the Celestial Hurricanum / Bloodwrack Shrine is not. 

It's also a lot more flexible - for example the cutoff point of too big to be insta-gibbed by the Purple Sun is 6+ wounds (so again the Daemon Prince happens to be in the sweet spot!).  But to give another example, something like the new Ballista that does not have the Monster or Hero keywords will still be protected.

A wounds cap is a much better definition of a "Big Thing" than the "Monster" keyword. which is really just a characteristic.  Not all Monsters are Big Things, and there are certainly lots of Big Things that are not Monsters!

Archived