Adepticon AOS Results?

Hey guys just wondering if anyone has news of what is doing well at the top tables of the AOS main event at Adepticon.  I know we will see the top tables tomorrow on the Warhammer TV feed but was just antsy to know what was going down. Particularly curious how the new Death lists are doing.  Anybody heard anything? 

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, TheWilddog said:

Hey guys just wondering if anyone has news of what is doing well at the top tables of the AOS main event at Adepticon.  I know we will see the top tables tomorrow on the Warhammer TV feed but was just antsy to know what was going down. Particularly curious how the new Death lists are doing.  Anybody heard anything? 

I'm seeing lots of Tzeentch, Stormcast, mixed order, Fireslayers, Nurgle, Khorne. Some Death.  Destruction is almost nonexistent. 

1 hour ago, Antipodean7 said:

I'll have the full results and top lists up on aosshorts.com after the weekend (thanks to Alex the TO) 

Current pairings going into round 4 of the Champs are here: https://t.co/z78FIIdRvq

https://twitter.com/Adepticon_AOS is the account posting the draws and results from Warscore.

Do you have any info what armies those players at top tables play? 

8 hours ago, Antipodean7 said:

I'll have the full results and top lists up on aosshorts.com after the weekend (thanks to Alex the TO) 

Current pairings going into round 4 of the Champs are here: https://t.co/z78FIIdRvq

https://twitter.com/Adepticon_AOS is the account posting the draws and results from Warscore.

Do you know if you’ll be getting the full lists? Could be a big ask I know!

2 hours ago, Ashtyn said:

Hopefully death are doing Well. I hvnt seen anything on the stream :(

Did anyone catch the second match? I had to run out. Was it table 1?

I caught the first, it was Round 4 table 2, Khorne Blodbound (Gore Pilgrims and Brass Stampede) verses Mortal Nurgle using the new book, with Khorne winning in a close one.

I was just there yesterday came back home today.

So Demons in doubles and in Singles have an enormous presence. Tzeench was a lot lighter this year but Tons of Nurgle and TONS of khorne. I swear there was only 1 slaanesh player

Order is what we saw the most of next being Primarily party boat kharadron. Lots of ironclads. Lots on Endrins since I'm a kharadron player I mostly looked for them and I think I have about 9 pictures of armies that I actually took pictures of. There had to be more. Very few were not the party boat strategy. At most they may run two. One of the doubles players ran heavy Arkanauts but that was it.

Lots of mixed order. I was really happy to see that. as much as I saw kharadron I saw mixed order. Lots of Frost Phoenix armies. My absolute Favorite I saw is all classic minis but he had a really strong list. I cant wait for the standings to se how he did

1 Celestial Hurricanum

1 Ironclad

1 archmage (or battlemage couldn't tell archmage made more sense)

30 Glade guard

30 Dwarf warriors hand weapon/shield

20 dwarf warriors

10 skinks

1 warden king

When I get to my phone ill post the picture if its not on the twitter it was fantastic to see that army.

I got to talk with the man who made this army  and he was a really cool guy with another really strong mixed order list. He talked about how he's been doing really well after round two.

But order was probably the most prominent overall

With a healthy dusting of Stormcast, 3 -4 new witch aelves players even though they just came out they had insanely well painted armies for it being so new, Fireslayers were heavily present but not as much as you'd expect. Much more of them in Doubles.

For those curious about doubles Slyvaneth was a huge presence in singles it was definitely there but it wasn't as prominent as it was in doubles.

I saw someone say destruction was almost non existent but that wasn't true. They had a small showing. BUT so many goblins. I saw 2 squig players and that's not to mention the at least 8 ironjaws players I saw at least 2 Ogres and in doubles one all yeti player. But several goblin players were here. Especially spider riders. Spider riders were everywhere so thery are still here to stay.

While chaos was mostly demons (and probably made up for half of the tournament) Skaven had a huge presence. Lots of rat ogres pretty much exclusively. There weren't many horde skaven armies besides one or two big units of giant rats. It was majority just rat ogres. My local shop keeper I wish I had the picture ran a gutter runner army with 3 vermin lords and did pretty well.

Death was hugely prominent. Our army didn't get finished in time but we were going to bring Nagash and 15 dire wolves. Well Turns out that was the meta. Oh my god the amount of nagash 15 dire wolves. at least 8 of them and there weren't many in doubles. But Legions of nagash death was very prominent. There was a showing of flesh eaters but not very much. Most of what we saw that was flesh eaters were zombie dragon spam.

All in all there was actually a pretty good mix. It was definitely chaos and order heavy. but there was enough destruction and death that it didn't feel cheated or imbalanced. I was really happy.

Pretty sweet alariel conversion from the new morathi. This board drew a crowd.

Results post up now covering the Championship, Doubles and Vanguard: https://aosshorts.com/adepticon-age-of-sigmar-results/

Will add lists when available but expect just to get the top 10 given the amount of work involved (lists submitted on the day, no bulk export etc). 

• Best Overall
    • 1st – Sean Troy – Changehost
    • 2nd – Jeff Campbell-Crawley – Fyreslayers
    • 3rd – Adam Trunzo – Seraphon
  • Best in Grand Alliances
    • Chaos – Joe Krier
    • Death – Brendan Melnick
    • Destruction – Scooter Walters
    • Order – Chai Tzola
  • Best Appearance
    • 1st – Terry Pike
    • 2nd – Mike Scalletti
    • 3rd – Chris Slye
  • Best Sports
    • Mitzy!!!

2 hours ago, TheWilddog said:

Did anyone catch the second match? I had to run out. Was it table 1?

I caught the first, it was Round 4 table 2, Khorne Blodbound (Gore Pilgrims and Brass Stampede) verses Mortal Nurgle using the new book, with Khorne winning in a close one.

xD poor Matt, he is getting so much shot when he gets back

32 minutes ago, Seraphage said:

Placed 7th with Duardin ? You are a true chap bro, greatly done !

Yep!  While I don't know exact lists, I can tell you what I know

1st -  Sean Troy (Changehost with 400 reinforcement points, 2 drop)

2nd - Jeff Campbell-Crawley (Fyreslayers)

3rd - Adam Trunzo (Skink heavy Seraphon)

5th - Joe Krier (1 drop change host, 200ish horrors)

6th - Chai Tzola (standard mixed order with phoenixes and dragons)

7th - Me with my mixed-Duardin Order allegiance list.

17 hours ago, Bozly said:

While chaos was mostly demons (and probably made up for half of the tournament) Skaven had a huge presence. Lots of rat ogres pretty much exclusively. There weren't many horde skaven armies besides one or two big units of giant rats. It was majority just rat ogres. My local shop keeper I wish I had the picture ran a gutter runner army with 3 vermin lords and did pretty well.

Hello and thanks for your great summary :)

WWhen you say rat ogres in the skaven lists, do you mean the Stormfiends? Such as in the lists with stormfiends equipped with warpfire throwers teleporting anywhere on the map?

Thanks

Were daughters of khaine allowed or were they too new? Im curious on how they are playing out. 

I'm happy to see such a diverse mix of lists. Kudo's to adam for placing so high with seraphon. Its also nice to see that change host is becoming a lot less dominant. It's still top dog, but seems to have lost a lot of ground, which is a a good thing.

Its going to be interesting to see how the meta settles out after this string of rapid fire releases. Deepkin are around the corner, and supposedly there is going to be a new Death release as well. 

1 hour ago, Andreas said:

Do you know what type of fyreslayers? Kinband, tunneling Aurics or maybe lords of the lodge :)

I don't know.

3 minutes ago, bonzai said:

Were daughters of khaine allowed or were they too new? Im curious on how they are playing out. 

I'm happy to see such a diverse mix of lists. Kudo's to adam for placing so high with seraphon. Its also nice to see that change host is becoming a lot less dominant. It's still top dog, but seems to have lost a lot of ground, which is a a good thing.

Its going to be interesting to see how the meta settles out after this string of rapid fire releases. Deepkin are around the corner, and supposedly there is going to be a new Death release as well. 

They were allowed and on battle points they did well.  If they had their armies painted up to good quality the leading DoK player who placed 26th would have tied for 2nd place. 

2 minutes ago, Thomas Lyons said:

I don't know.

They were allowed and on battle points they did well.  If they had their armies painted up to good quality the leading DoK player who placed 26th would have tied for 2nd place. 

That's encouraging!

Archived