The Painting Contract - March 2018

TheOtherJosh

Hello folks and welcome to the Painting Contract for March 2018!

If you don't know the rules they are:

Each month you post an amount of models that you agree to try to paint/build/convert/sculpt. This can be terrain, models, Warhammer Quest Silver Tower/ Shadows Over Hammerhal, Blood Bowl or Shadespire as well as AoS of course. 

On the 28th of the month the contract closes and you can then post your progress images so that they can be critiqued, shared and boasted about. It is a great way to get involved in the community and to get inspiration.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone share their progress!

Enjoy!

@Mohojoe & @TheOtherJosh

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feb was a pretty successful month.

So, for March:

- Gaunt Summoner and his Familiars. (The GS has been sitting in queue for a bunch ...)

- Chaos Sorcerer Lord (in Shadows over Hammerhal color scheme)

The rest of the month is likely going to be taken over by a Chaos Imperial Knight ... possibly to be proxied into AoS as a Chaos Greater Daemon ( ... maybe ...) :ph34r:

8 hours ago, TheOtherJosh said:

... they do have paint on them. Which means that they are painted models in the table...

... but the real question is what do you promise to paint this month with your thinned paints?

With my thinned paints i pledge to paint

1 necromancer

1 magister of tzeench

1 grave guard 

3 skellington warriors

2 black knights

And a 40k inquisitorial warband

AAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Okay ... So I managed to get the Gaunt Summoner (That has been sitting in my ‘I really need to paint this model ....’ list for ages...) completed before the beginning of March ... so ... 

Replacing him with either a silver tower hero (or a Herald of Tzeentch on foot)

Assemble 12 Giant rats

Assemble1 Rat ogre (and possibly 1 packmaster)

So no biggie this month, just getting up to 1K with Daughters of Khaine. Don't know the points yet (don't wanna know yet either ;) ). 

Getting the book in the mail, so more specifics at that time. But I have about 25 unpainted witch elves and the entire bloodwrack shrine/couldron of blood box. That will be my first Magnetising project, so no idea how much time that will take. But until the magnets arrive i'll be painting witch elves like a madman on bloodlust. jeej, Khaine. 

Probably for March I'll try to get some more Orcs done for my skirmish gaming.  I'm easing back into modelling after about 8 months away, and have a new house and two kids under 3 to work around.  So this month I'd love, love, love to just  get these done:

-Single Orruk on Gore-Grunta

-two remaining ancient plastic Arrer Boyz (not the super duper old ones, these are the modern style orcs from the slightly less old WHFB starter)

-three Savage boyz with hand weapon/shield.

-three of the four Shadespire models to be various heroes.

I didn't participate in the painting contract the last couple of months, but I'm going to make a fairly conservative pledge for March.

Main Pledge:

- Paint Darkoath Chieftain

- Paint one Pink Horror

- Paint two Blue Horrors

- Paint two Brimstone Horrors

All of the above are currently primed and ready for paint.

- Finish kitbashing a Lord of Slaanesh for flemingmma's competition, assuming I can source the final missing bit for it.

Stretch Goals:

Not sure, depends on what I feel like. Speedpainting 8 Grot Scuttlings with washes (if the FLGS restocks white primer), fireslayer doomseeker, a single minotaur, and an objective marker for my Brayherd are all possibilities.

I'm going to take March a little easier following on from my splurge of Death models for February.

Plan is:

Edge highlighting on all the models I didn't get round to in February - so likely 60 Skeletons and 9 Spirit Hosts (unless a miracle happens and they discover an extra day in the week)

Any other details I didn't quite get done - unsure as I've not got to that point yet xD

Garden of Morr - planning on having a bit of a bash at doing some scenery painting in March with the intention of getting a Garden of Morr painted up, including the wall sections

So third time's a charm. Tzeentch this month for me and I'm unjustifiably optimistic about hitting all my goals this month.

• Classic Kairos
  • Classic Lord of Change
  • 30 Pink Horrors
  • 14 Blue Horrors
  • 16 (or 32 depending on your perspective) Brimstone Horrors
  • 16 Tzaangor
  • 8 Acolytes
  • Tzaangor Shamen
  • Ogroid Thaumaturge
  • Gaunt Summoner
  • Changeling

No problem!

My first go at this. It is not going to be an ambitious month as I have visitors for a couple of weeks and am moving countries at the start of next month.

I pledge to finish painting my Ork shadespire warband and paint at least one of the two new warbands.

My stretch will be to paint both warband, so that all the available warband are painted.

Any extra time will go getting a start on the Silver Tower box.

23 hours ago, Swooper said:

...  Paint two Brimstone Horrors

Brimstones are easy peasy! (and awesome fast and fun to do!)

Corax White prime (or a basecoat of Ceramite white)

Cassandora Yellow on the bottom half of the mini

Fuegan Orange Wash on the top half 

Agrax earthshade on the flame tips

Dot of Ceramite white on each eye, and a green wash in the eye dot!

70076BB0-DDCD-4EC1-9135-C94C1555A3BF.jpeg.160c6690ba8117c75fb509611b4c03da.jpeg

31 minutes ago, TheOtherJosh said:

Brimstones are easy peasy! (and awesome fast and fun to do!)

Corax White prime (or a basecoat of Ceramite white)

Cassandora Yellow on the bottom half of the mini

Fuegan Orange Wash on the top half 

Agrax earthshade on the flame tips

Dot of Ceramite white on each eye, and a green wash in the eye dot!

Yeah, they're quick to do, but I do mine a little differently. Base of Moot Green, Yriel Yellow glazed to the brightest areas, Kabalite Green and then Caliban Green towards the tips. Same method I use for all fire on Tzeentch models.

5a94d472732b4_brimstonehorrors.jpg.3aba210cf1d5f1f3e1056351b2396c67.jpg

The horrors I've pledged are the start of the second half of the Silver Tower Tzeentch cult. I've already painted those two above, two blues and a pink horror, four acolytes, three tzaangors, the ogroid thaumaturge, the gaunt summoner and the four familiars.  The box was initially just bought to paint those (and a few of the heroes that I hadn't gotten round to yet) for fun, but now that I've started playing the game with my friends and enjoying it, I kind of need to paint the rest, even the criminally ugly grot scuttlings...

23 minutes ago, Swooper said:

... I kind of need to paint the rest, even the criminally ugly grot scuttlings...

They’re not bad in a Moonclan Grot kind of way ... I did mine up with purple robes.

IMG_3099.JPG.7b73033b8b27ed983c5ea2e01810c5e0.JPG 

they also do double duty as Moonclan Grot netters ... (don’t ask them where they get their nets ... ;))

I was failed to paint all my febuary contract. So this month i’ll try harder to finish it all. This is first of my March painting contract “Skywarden” 

March Painting Contract

-Paint 9 Skyfire 

-Paint 1 Tzaangor Shaman

-Paint 20 Kairic Acolyte

4C89D2BD-809F-4B09-A64B-56D8988975D9.jpeg

8CC13F99-3574-41C7-8DE6-C9C6442190BC.jpeg

7015DC3F-5518-4380-990B-38E0C70FA42E.jpeg

54 minutes ago, Swooper said:

Yeah, they're quick to do, but I do mine a little differently. Base of Moot Green, Yriel Yellow glazed to the brightest areas, Kabalite Green and then Caliban Green towards the tips. Same method I use for all fire on Tzeentch models.

5a94d472732b4_brimstonehorrors.jpg.3aba210cf1d5f1f3e1056351b2396c67.jpg

The horrors I've pledged are the start of the second half of the Silver Tower Tzeentch cult. I've already painted those two above, two blues and a pink horror, four acolytes, three tzaangors, the ogroid thaumaturge, the gaunt summoner and the four familiars.  The box was initially just bought to paint those (and a few of the heroes that I hadn't gotten round to yet) for fun, but now that I've started playing the game with my friends and enjoying it, I kind of need to paint the rest, even the criminally ugly grot scuttlings...

Same as mine lol  

E42A302F-0C95-4A8D-8BDD-C52E147A0954.jpeg

Archived