"HATE" the kickstarter full of crazy barbarians

Slagash

First : I don't know if these kind of topic are allowed but i'm curious I didn't see anything KS related. So if it's not appropriate, please remove.

There is currently a Kickstarter campaign running, it's called HATE and based on Adrian Smith work.

I think it could interest people here, because it's full of great miniatures for Chaos and they have a special "AOS28" vibe :

6436e097fd7c366c7edc90ed23a0dc4e_origina

9120ec2a72cffde5c4aec8b3658698b5_original.png?w=639&fit=max&v=1516933152&auto=format&lossless=true&s=90a491e344b044dcd88737cd536dd894

fc299d6cc985cd833df0472c9791e59b_original.png?w=639&fit=max&v=1516887681&auto=format&lossless=true&s=fac04d6d296eb4a34afd8f9a4394d315

956913053ff58a45a93adb3a3629fdcf_original.png?w=639&fit=max&v=1516713807&auto=format&lossless=true&s=32f6e499ef8cfdab7ef39a30e16f9ffa

9aeee7f8de8415a6e05b02b1de981588_original.png?w=639&fit=max&v=1516392515&auto=format&lossless=true&s=bd6dbb3682ff88e5687a7eb0357202f4

84d4a19e610061b718d6da303b9b94d1_original.png?w=639&fit=max&v=1516279267&auto=format&lossless=true&s=883dd118398c5e5ee927e3120ff8b584

e3d97832ec9b9c60b17c36c65a963e23_original.png?w=639&fit=max&v=1516214511&auto=format&lossless=true&s=3830e3a1c8dcd8f7cb3e8c6d3656a90c

If you are interested, everything is here : https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cmon/hate/description

Thank you for reading :)

Slagash

I have been looking them for some time and trying to remember why buying awful lot of kickstarter minis h always been a bad idea. They always finally arrive when the excitement has waned and you have a bunch pf projects under way. That said, I currently have two kickstarters waiting arrival and the models are some of the best chaos stuff I have seen.

34 minutes ago, Jamopower said:

I have been looking them for some time and trying to remember why buying awful lot of kickstarter minis h always been a bad idea. They always finally arrive when the excitement has waned and you have a bunch pf projects under way. That said, I currently have two kickstarters waiting arrival and the models are some of the best chaos stuff I have seen.

I couldn't agree more in fact, BUT, as a servant of Chaos Gods since i'm 11, I can't miss this and I will have my whole life to paint them.

It's also a motivation to paint most of my things before next year.

I think the problem you are talking about is mostly true when you pledge multiple project in the year. 

Biggest issue with CMON is their miniatures are too small for AoS. They're about the size of Plastic Cadians, which means Blood Reavers, Blight Kings and likely any new Darkoath will dwarf them

Still, very cool looking miniatures

41 minutes ago, Lucio said:

Biggest issue with CMON is their miniatures are too small for AoS. They're about the size of Plastic Cadians, which means Blood Reavers, Blight Kings and likely any new Darkoath will dwarf them

Actually, for this KS it has been said that mini will be 32mm, so I think they will look good enough for AOS. And they come with a higher base than Zombicide miniatures as you can see :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just a final up for this KS campaign wich end in a few hours.

For 120$ you can get a whole Chaotic army with 102 miniatures including multiple shamans, bestial barbarians, and 16 enormous 75mm giants/monstruosities/warlords.

d0ee7f7c1416f8f3fa13227dff8d0dd8_original.png?w=680&fit=max&v=1518011438&auto=format&lossless=true&s=72d374fb897cb91dd127ac2dbe382248

And in add on you can get Lizardmen, Root-zombis and muties tribe, scenery etc...

1e39aad5cc29a01b5f2b66c125b9b267_original.png?w=680&fit=max&v=1517864024&auto=format&lossless=true&s=3dbfe179fbe8fae1db276928c831f8cc

In my opinion, these mini are insanely beautiful and have a real AoS28 vibe (as I already said). 

You can back this game here : 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cmon/hate/

Have a nice day :)

Oh great. More stuff I want. 

I'm really impressed with a lot of CMON Minis and Games. Went all in with Wrath of Kings as soon as I saw they had a faction of werewolves and vampire girls! fortunately the game turned out to be pretty decent aswell. I like what they are doing to revamp Dark Age aswell. The WoK starter boxes are good value too £60 rrp. Hard plastic but the weapons are the same stuff sort of  as GW so they are dead straight. No bendy spears!

starter box.jpg

Hey,

I see no reason this thread shouldn't be allowed as it is primarily being discussed for the models usage within AoS. It can remain open.

If anyone in the UK has backed this and is able to add items to their pledge manager (will probably come through after the KS finishes), I'd be interested in some of those 3D huts for my Destruction table. DM me if you're able to help!

Also I will back up @Twitch of Izalith regarding Wrath of Kings. I too picked the game up on KS and had a lot of fun playing it (have Nasier myself). Unfortunately AoS came out at a similar time to the KS delivery so it never really picked up any traction (lack of UK suppliers hurt as well). Still, I actually plan to finally paint my army this year (aiming to clear a lot of my unpainted backlog in 2018) and would not be adverse to the odd game (preferably not vs Hadross!! :P).

I really like WoK minis. Unfortunately I am already behind with AoS painting and I would have no use for them. Maybe one day when GW decides to scrap AoS and an independent clone will rise from the ashes, I will get some WoK minis as alternate models..:)

haha @Chris Tomlin they have actually updated Hadross - they are not nearly as broken as they were on release apparently. I have Nasier stuff too - I bought 2 factions so I could introduce other people to the game. Also very cool mini's.

10 minutes ago, Trayanee said:

I really like WoK minis. Unfortunately I am already behind with AoS painting and I would have no use for them. Maybe one day when GW decides to scrap AoS and an independent clone will rise from the ashes, I will get some WoK minis as alternate models..:)

I don't think I've ever not been behind with painting! I painted 291 mini's last year and the size of my "to do" pile didn't change at all ( in fact it may be bigger) - probably 80% of my gaming/hobby time is AoS & Warhammer Fantasy but I like switching out to other games and ranges every now and then - keeps things from getting stale.

Not so keen on the Hate game after having a look. not enough variety in the models or faction components. I would be more intersted in barbarians vs dinosaurs or aliens or fishmen... anything other than more barbarians that look mostly the same. I would probably pick up a few models for use in other games though. Some of them look great. Judging by the amount of pledges this will probably make it to retail eventually.

With any luck GW will release the new Daughters of Khaine models soon and I will be skint before more temptations come along.

I love the models, but I am so turned off by the vulgar, offensive, and frankly childish, "violence and profanity" approach to their marketing that I find myself unwilling to support the project. If the game succeeds and the models one day become available, I might purchase it for the models. But I couldn't bring myself to support the creation of this product.

31 minutes ago, Trout said:

I love the models, but I am so turned off by the vulgar, offensive, and frankly childish, "violence and profanity" approach to their marketing that I find myself unwilling to support the project. If the game succeeds and the models one day become available, I might purchase it for the models. But I couldn't bring myself to support the creation of this product.

*small disclaimer* just posting this cos you brought up the subject, not to argue with you directly or disrespect your opinion.

I actually found it quite refreshing in this age of political correctness. I think violence is inescapable in a wargame though I agree profanity doesn't really add much - despite not being particularly offended by it.

It amuses me that - in GW content, mostly 40k -xenophobia, planetary scale murder, graphic evisceration with a chainsword and genocide are perfectly ok but there is absolutely no tolerance given to naughty language and boobies :D

On the subject of threads for Kickstarters, perhaps there would be a good place to put them?  What if there was a sub-forum for 3rd party miniatures discussion, and threads for relevant Kickstarters could go there?   I mean, there's already a gallery for such 3rd party minis, so would a separate sub-forum be appropriate?  I had a Kickstarter thread that I shared, but ended up putting it in the Painting and Modelling sub-forum for lack of a better, more defined place.

4 hours ago, tolstedt said:

Can you cite any bad stories about CMON delivery-wise or miniature wise?  

Not without doing research, which to be perfectly honest I cba to do...i dunno if these guys had issues or not.

But, it has happened with others.

I've had stories shared to me in group chats with links to images of conversations.

It happens, it's part of the risk of Kickstarter. 

7 minutes ago, Arkiham said:

Not without doing research, which to be perfectly honest I cba to do...i dunno if these guys had issues or not.

But, it has happened with others.

I've had stories shared to me in group chats with links to images of conversations.

It happens, it's part of the risk of Kickstarter. 

Well, I would say its really not proper to comment like you did If you are not willing to do your research. Sticking to stereotypes and putting on the same pile just by a shared feature is really wrong and unfortunately, it is very common in these days. CMON is a company with almost 2/3 of GW market capitalization and a long history of delivering quality products, especially regarding the minis. 

7 hours ago, Trayanee said:

Well, I would say its really not proper to comment like you did If you are not willing to do your research. Sticking to stereotypes and putting on the same pile just by a shared feature is really wrong and unfortunately, it is very common in these days. CMON is a company with almost 2/3 of GW market capitalization and a long history of delivering quality products, especially regarding the minis. 

It's nothing of the sort. It's Just a reminder that kickstarters can and do fall through, many people haven't ever done Kickstarter.

Pretty sure it's on the site in that paragraph of text no one ever reads 

I dunno. The minis look good, to a point, but the repetitive poses and similarity of war bands means they all look kind of barbarian-similar. Different paint jobs would help, but until I see a size comparison I'm not sure if they'd blend in. But mostly, the board game approach can never compete with a cool terrain board in giving me a real fantasy vibe, especially those weird plateau Lego blocks.

Archived