New Aelves

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are really awesome. I am have to buy a Blood Coven Ally box (or two). And Morathi .... <3 

@Killax  for the Rumor engines  :

- The "hair" are confirmed to be custodes. 

- The arrows, mini snake dragon and snake belly are 100% solved now,

- The tail on the rock is a good spot, but not sure 

- The rest is strangely not here (scrolls and chains).

What comes out of the seminar (and what was already known to us thanks to Haechi / Temouloun) is that they have ANOTHER Aelf faction coming too !

I really hope we'll have the Tenebrael Shard as Hero !!!

3 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

They are really awesome. I am have to buy a Blood Coven Ally box (or two). And Morathi .... <3 

- The rest is strangely not here (scrolls and chains).

What comes out of the seminar (and what was already known to us thanks to Haechi / Temouloun) is that they have ANOTHER Aelf faction coming too !

I really hope we'll have the Tenebrael Shard as Hero !!!

- More Aelves are comming, rather certain of that ;) this will likely be the rest.

Keep in mind though, without full pictures of the models the Engine shots are indeed largely a guess. I do think it's extremely likely that Tenebrael will be a hero :) 

17 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Are these likely to be a small Elite  army, or will I need 100+ models? 

Obviously a Horde army since women are paid less  ....:$ (dark humour joke, no offence)

Anyway I hope it's a small Elite army because it's more my jam and I can't picture aelf being everything but elitist..

We don't have any release date so, you (and I ) can build an army of angry witches slowly :D 

@Killax Yeah it's a shame those new Aelf characters didn't end up in any allegiance so I hope DoK will feature Tenebrael.

18 minutes ago, Trayanee said:

Those are doomfire warlocks - existing DoK unit.

Hehehe

Yeah for those who are unaware of what is included in the excisting line:
Start collecting: 99120212014_DaughtersofKhaineCoven01.jpg
Cauldron of Blood/Bloodwrack Shrine: 99120212009_CauldronofBloodNEW01.jpg99120212009_BloodwrackShrineNEW01.jpg
Witch Aelves/Sisters of Slaughter:
99120212007_WitchElvesNEW01.jpg99120212007_SistersofSlaughterNEW01.jpg
Doomfire Warlocks:
99120212010_DoomfireWarlocksNEW01.jpg
.... Maby? Tenebral Shrad:
99070219002_TenebraelShard01.jpg

But yeah, I do hope they will include him. It's possible to include him in Malerion's forces too offcourse, considering the monster tentacle base...

(added what I think will be added aswell)

43 minutes ago, Harioch said:

Obviously a Horde army since women are paid less  ....:$ (dark humour joke, no offence)

Anyway I hope it's a small Elite army because it's more my jam and I can't picture aelf being everything but elitist..

We don't have any release date so, you (and I ) can build an army of angry witches slowly :D 

@Killax Yeah it's a shame those new Aelf characters didn't end up in any allegiance so I hope DoK will feature Tenebrael.

Witch elves are 9 points per model (270pts for 30) currently. It's likely not going to be a full-on grot style horde army but I would be pretty surprised if it was less than 75 models on average.

45 minutes ago, Burf said:

Witch elves are 9 points per model (270pts for 30) currently. It's likely not going to be a full-on grot style horde army but I would be pretty surprised if it was less than 75 models on average.

I’m sure you’re right, but I’d be fine with a little rules revision/point increase in exchange for tougher batteline in DoK.  Witch Elves are cheap as chips and can dish out loads of hurt, but can be killed by a stiff breeze before they get to combat.

38 minutes ago, DantePQ said:

So happy as I've got 40 plastic witches in boxes and 30 awesome metal models, 5 Doomfire Warlocks, 2 Shrines and like 6 sorceresses and Hags all in boxes so I guess I would only need new kits ;)

So happy I have loads of this army painted already! I have been holding off building any more shrines/cauldrons since it became an almost certainty that a Battletome wasn't too far away - pretty sure 4 cauldrons won't be a list any more!

@Killax thanks for the stills - its cool to get a good look at them! Though I have played the video about a hundred times so far!!!

Completely stoked at these models (unsurprisingly) - everything I wanted and more. Medusae with Bows have been on my GW model wishlist for ever! 

I think the Harpies with spears may actually be more like harpies with javelins - makes sense from the poses and for differentiating the warscrolls. Hopefully they bring the hurt as much as prosecutors because I'm going to buy a ton of those kits.

The biggest mystery I have left (apart from the full reveal of super saiyan Morathi) is what new heroes there are in the faction. There's a couple of likely models there which I hope are not just unit champions.

A tiny disappointment is maybe Elf Morathi's metal wings - I need to see those in person - but if I don't like them, new wings is one of the easiest conversions there is. Its still beyond awesome though

I don't think Tenebrael shard or mistweaver will be in this faction. The shard is more scourge privateer looking for me. 

14 minutes ago, Let's 'ere it for da boyz! said:

I’m sure you’re right, but I’d be fine with a little rules revision/point increase in exchange for tougher batteline in DoK.  Witch Elves are cheap as chips and can dish out loads of hurt, but can be killed by a stiff breeze before they get to combat.

Yeah so maybe Witch Elves will got a 6+ save but I really not expect them to be that hard to kill (maybe in combat but definitely not by a ranged unit). What I may see is a synergy between units and hero ala Blade of Khorne. But instead of BoK we get ranged units and cavalery (and maybe some Spells/Command abilities/Traits to reinforce them like a Feel no pain in combat phase etc...).

@Burf if this gonna be a medium sized army they really need to lower down the prices of Witches when they'll rebox these :D

I really hope the next Warhammer Community post will explain how the DoK features in the Order Allegiance and their motives in the Malign Portent storyline (...and where Malerion is !!).

5 minutes ago, Harioch said:

What I may see is a synergy between units and hero ala Blade of Khorne.

They already have multiple synergies with heroes and with the cauldron of blood - the entire playstyle of the army is based on it at the moment so it will be interesting to see how, and if, those synergies change in the battletome.

13 minutes ago, Twitch of Izalith said:

A tiny disappointment is maybe Elf Morathi's metal wings - I need to see those in person - but if I don't like them, new wings is one of the easiest conversions there is. Its still beyond awesome though

I don't think Tenebrael shard or mistweaver will be in this faction. The shard is more scourge privateer looking for me. 

Totally get that, luckily a ton of choice remains open for conversions!

I agree with you more and more on the latter. Specifically because if GW would go that route for the Daughters these newer sculpts would also reflect him somewhat more. The mix isn't a stretch but it's really the tentacle that makes me thing... This would fit Scourge Privateers and Order Serpentis much better.

In that same vein I expect some monster warriors there too :) So the blend is optional and basically the first book that will really give a cool consideration for those Battle line if General is X or Y designs.

2 minutes ago, Let's 'ere it for da boyz! said:

I grabbed this still so you can see the scale of the non-snake Morathi form.  Doesn’t look that much taller than the Doomfires and on, what?...a 60mm round?  

F6F85F0F-E202-44A8-9602-9F63147DAFEB.png

Looks more like 40mm to me! Quite common for characters on foot these days.

My best guess is that big Morathi will be on a 100mm base :) 

Cheers,

1 minute ago, Let's 'ere it for da boyz! said:

Oops, right you are!

No worries, could easily have fitted a 32mm also but she comes with a nice scenic piece to put her on.

This is a bit of a hassle maby for those who are worried about shooting and true LoS and all that but it still looks really cool and that's the AoS design message anyway. 

Archived