Age of Sigmar Open Day 2018

RuneBrush

14 minutes ago, Returning said:

I popped in to the local Warhammer shop. I looked at picking up some Witch Aelves  but at £35 for 10 notwithstanding them being nice models I think they are over priced especially when the blood coven used to be £60 or less with discounts. 

They are over priced, i'd rather get Escher and Goliath gangers to bolster my Necromunda stuff instead. Same amount of models and better quality, more options for personalizing . The Witch Aelf kit they all look so similar same pose, and cost way too much. This is what killed the DoK army for me, it could have been my  first real jump into AoS but they have the most expensive basic battleline troop I can recall ever seeing. I was really hoping to see the Deepkin, cause they are the only other thing in the near future that might get me to start an AoS army depending on how they look. Unfortunately some bad weather stole away all the excitement from the weekend.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Blood Coven deal is still listed as "out of stock" so hopefully that kit will return.  It's basically the daughters "getting started" kit especially since it contains heros, war engine and basic troops. Once out it would likely form the backbone of early faction purchases to build up a good solid core of heroes and warriors. 

Until its out I'm focusing on building up the rest of the force; heck warlock riders are perhaps one of the cheapest mounted units out at present at £20 for 5 (whereas many others are closer to £30 or more for similar numbers). Meanwhile the new medusa and Khinari are fantastic looking, whilst being more standard for GW prices for semi-large multi-choice 5 unit kits (plus being elite choices you don't need legions of them). 

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Turgol said:

Random date? I think not! I bet it’s close to release of new starter set.

Last year the new generals handbook came out on the 19th August too - so it's possible we may get a preview of Generals Handbook 2018 or at least some information ;) 

1 minute ago, HorticulusTGA said:

@RuneBrush where did you find the new date, please ? :) Do you think I'll still be able to buy a ticket ?

I got an e-mail as I'd bought a ticket for the cancelled one :)  Tickets go on sale in a couple of weeks time (first week of April) so you should be fine for picking up a ticket

54 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

Last year the new generals handbook came out on the 19th August too - so it's possible we may get a preview of Generals Handbook 2018 or at least some information ;) 

New global FAQ will be published in July (2 week after ghb release or so...) so i think we will get some global update after 30 June and before 14 July

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 9:42 AM, RuneBrush said:

And tickets went on sale this morning!  Have paid for that and need to sort out the hotel next :)

Going to come down from Scotland, so I'm looking for a hotel too!

Can't wait, looks like it'll be a great turn out.

27 minutes ago, ClockworkGeo91 said:

Going to come down from Scotland, so I'm looking for a hotel too!

Can't wait, looks like it'll be a great turn out.

I normally use the Castle Marina Premier Inn (about 15 minutes walk away), but have had to go for the Nottingham Holiday Inn instead this time as they didn't have any twin rooms.  Holiday Inn is next door to the Premier Inn so distance is the same :)

1 hour ago, RuneBrush said:

I normally use the Castle Marina Premier Inn (about 15 minutes walk away), but have had to go for the Nottingham Holiday Inn instead this time as they didn't have any twin rooms.  Holiday Inn is next door to the Premier Inn so distance is the same :)

Thanks for the advice, I'm fairly unfamiliar with Nottingham so I appreciate it!

Entering any for the Golden Demon?

6 hours ago, RuneBrush said:

Just dont stoop to the travel lodge on tge other side of the road grim as you can get in there.

10 hours ago, Kaleb Daark said:

@RuneBrush could you just remind the forgeworld team that mammoths and skin wolves needs marks ;)

Noted!

10 hours ago, Kaleb Daark said:

Just dont stoop to the travel lodge on tge other side of the road grim as you can get in there.

Generally I try and avoid them at all costs as past experiences haven't been great!

14 minutes ago, Ahn-ket said:

With the open day changed to 30th of June we maybe can get our hands on the new rules in the first two weeks of June and the open day tournament would be 2nd edition 

Feel a bit like I'm going to steal the jam from your doughtnut when I say this, but there isn't a tournament attached to the rescheduled Open Day :(

Archived