Upcoming New Soulblight!

Malakithe

Thanks to @Antipodean7 for putting this out there...https://aosshorts.com/ghb2017-learnt-twitch-game-1/

Now we can discuss some stuff...

No points change makes for easier planning right now I suppose. Anyone know what the Massive Regiments bonus for skellies will be? Could be good to ally in a block of skellies. 

Vargheists as battleline is a nice change.

Now the bloodlines look nice. The +2 move and fly one would be crazy for Blood Knights. The +1 to casts is poop right now unless there is a spell lore for soulblight coming as well. Re-roll 1s to hit is always good to have as a army wide buff too.

Looks like only one command trait was leaked but it looks good. Allow for charging after a retreat.

Just need to see artefacts and more command traits now.

I think the best bloodline for Blood Knights is by far

• Mist Form: allows charging after a retreat.

Together with the Blood Knight ability Martial Fury (The Damage of this unit’s Templar Lances or Blades is increased to D3 if it charged in the same turn. )  and the Standard Bearer (You can return one slain model to this unit in your hero phases.)

Should look like this for your Blood Knights : charge - replenish - retreat - -charge - replenish - retreat - charge in all eternity.

With the old rules from GHB this already worked great, When interchanging the two units charging/retreating. Now its crazy obliterating.

Also like the +2 move and fly though.

22 minutes ago, Teletomas said:

I think the best bloodline for Blood Knights is by far

• Mist Form: allows charging after a retreat.

Together with the Blood Knight ability Martial Fury (The Damage of this unit’s Templar Lances or Blades is increased to D3 if it charged in the same turn. )  and the Standard Bearer (You can return one slain model to this unit in your hero phases.)

Should look like this for your Blood Knights : charge - replenish - retreat - -charge - replenish - retreat - charge in all eternity.

With the old rules from GHB this already worked great, When interchanging the two units charging/retreating. Now its crazy obliterating.

Also like the +2 move and fly though.

You might be jumping the gun a bit here.

I sincerely doubt Mist Form is going to be an allegiance ability, it's more likely that it's a Command Trait (Quoted from the site : Command Traits are the Bloodlines [not sure if these are all command traits or another ability – all were referred to on the stream]:).

That means only the General is likely to get it. Still pretty powerful for a Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon, especially if you get a double turn. Can fly over the enemy currently in combat with to get at the backline.

2 hours ago, Jamopower said:

Wasn't it so that the Deathless minions is the Soulblight allegiance ability (meaning that other death will get something else) or did I get it wrong, they had crazy accents in the stream? :)

They have both deathless minions lite and bloodline selection. Stuff like mist form is general command trait. Bloodlines are army wide effects.

It's possible that death will still get deathless minions but theirs affects at 10 inch range rather than the 6 for soulblight.

Ok, I'm planning to build a Soulblight army so I'm looking with keen interest on this. It sadly looks like that the allies doesn't count as minimum battlelines. I'm not too keen on the vargheist models and want to have some skeletons anyways in the army. I was planning to also have some ghouls (as I have already 6 models), but seems that they'll break the allegiance :( 

btw. I think it's possible to have flying vampire on lord on foot currently as well?

The mistform is only for the general.  The bloodlines are armywide buffs, such as being able to reroll 1s.  Now that Vargheists are Battleline, it should be much easier to get that 10-man block of buffed up Bloodknights for the charge.  They said Soulblight points are unchanged, but I remember reading in an off-topic thread where Vampire Lord on Abyssal Terror points are increasing?  

I still am aiming to build around the block of Bloodknights or Vargheists for the double movement to devastating charge... I wonder how this would work:

Leaders:
Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon (440)
Vampire Lord on Abyssal Terror (300???)
Units:
Bloodknights x 10 (520)
Vargheists x 3 (160)
Vargheists x 3 (160)
Allies:
Wight King (120)
Skeletons x 40 (300???)

This depends on the skeletons getting the max unit-size points reduction, allowing for the spare 20pts for the Wight King.  Vampire Lord on Abyssal Terror can boost the Bloodknights for a deadly charge, or let the Skeletons try and claim objectives faster.  40 bodies for objectives is nice, and you can create a nice screen for your other units, and allow them to FLY over the skeletons (Swift Death: +2" movement and fly for Soulblight), in which the Wight King banner will increase their longevity along with the D6 models back in each of your hero phases.  This looks like it could be fairly well-rounded, in my opinion.  Then again, one could drop the Allies and grab a Mourngul (lol) or fill out the Vargheists/Bloodknights or grab some bats.  The doubling of the movement characteristic from VLoAT spell is just too valuable.

Hmm, maybe I could do the vargheists as regular vampires with wings...

It's bit of hard faction to build army for, as we play 1500 point games. The three battlelines in that size are quite restrictive. Maybe it would be better to go with the vanguard restrictions for 1500 point games anyways.

4 hours ago, Jamopower said:

Hmm, maybe I could do the vargheists as regular vampires with wings...

It's bit of hard faction to build army for, as we play 1500 point games. The three battlelines in that size are quite restrictive. Maybe it would be better to go with the vanguard restrictions for 1500 point games anyways.

I think Vargheists are underrated.  I wanna find a way to run 2 x 6 someday, haha.  160pts for 3 multiwound models with flying, rend, and potential of 20dmg if everything goes through.

16 hours ago, Black_Fortress_Immortal said:

They said Soulblight points are unchanged, but I remember reading in an off-topic thread where Vampire Lord on Abyssal Terror points are increasing?  

Whenever they say something like that, they mean at a faction level not a keyword level. The stuff in the compendium while sharing the keyword, aren't strictly part of the 'Soulblight' faction.

I think you'll find that they don't really talk about Compendium on stream as it's not something they really want to advertise.

20 minutes ago, TheWilddog said:

Looks like Soulblight got a mini Battle Brew, +1 to hit and +1 to wound any combat round (it does not say one use only!), take D3 mortal wounds if you do no wounds that combat.

Seems amazing on a Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon!

D3 MW is nothing on a VLoZD. He will just heal it back up anyway

7 minutes ago, Elmir said:

Don't think the mini battlebrew affects the mount. They even clarify in the book that items/abilities only affect the rider. 

there is not the exception, it refer to the model, without FAQ it affect it"^

4 hours ago, Malakithe said:

Yep it definitely says model. Nothing about it not effecting mounts 

I believe people were stating that there is a general rule in the GHB that indicates that items only effect riders unless specifically stating otherwise.

It'll definitely all be cleared up in the next day or so.

6 minutes ago, someone2040 said:

I believe people were stating that there is a general rule in the GHB that indicates that items only effect riders unless specifically stating otherwise.

It'll definitely all be cleared up in the next day or so.

I dont get how the could miss that then if there were doing a mass sweep of items. Its all printed in the same book...

Archived