Let's chat: Daughters of Khaine

Payce

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pricing for the Melusai & Khinerai is a wonky as ever - in the states you're paying less than Witch Aelves with $50/$45 compared to $60, while in Australia (and NZ) we're paying more with $84/$77 vs $70. I'm not asking for cheaper prices as that won't happen, but it'd be nice if they didn't actively encourage people buying overseas with such a nonsensical pricing system. 

Ok played another game with Kheliborn list I talked earlier - Morathi with Mindrazor, Slaughter Queen on Cauldron(Amulet of Dark Fire, Prayer : Catechism of Murder - 6=2hits), Hag Queen (Prayer : Sacrament of Blood - +1 blood Rites), 30 Witches with knives, 10 Witches with knives, 10 Sisters of Slaughter with Bucklers, 10 Doomfires, 2x10 Heartrenders. 

Played against pretty standard Sylaventh-Gnarlroot. Starstrike. I went second as I have too many drops (I guess I got to fit in Slaughter Troupe somehow as it also gives one Hag powerful ability to cast two prayers with extra prayer Relic) it didn't matter against one drop army but it could be a problem. 

So he put two more woods, advanced his army into favorable territory,cast some mystic shield on Dryads block. I went second and it worked like a dream I dropped Doomfires near TLA, cast arcane bolt, horror and Doomfire into TLA (reduced him to 2wounds), shot him down with one unit of Heartrenders, second unit shot down Branchwych rolled for extra move and charged tree Revs. From there one it was done when I took double  turn and tabled him in turn 3, Witches totally annihilated Dryads.  Pretty intense how powerful it went sure I got a little lucky with casting all spells (but always had over 50% to cast) and capitalized on mistakes by my opponent who is very solid player but didn't know all the tricks of DoK. I think it will be my go to list. Great potential but I guess putting Battalion in is a must (then I will have 3-4 drops) maybe I will drop some Heartrenders but love how they perform. Also I don't need more Hags in that kind of army so extra prayer from prayers list would be awesome. Of course must test how this army performs when not everything goes my way. 

thanks again for the BatRep!! Great success for the daughters. I like to see that you play in a competitive enviroment and really put the Daughers to the test.

How do you think will the daughers do against freepeople or Tzeentch?

What are the battalion point costs? I am not super excited about the battalions the daughers can have. Cauldron Guard and Slaughter troupe seem to be the most attractive ones.

Battalions are 80-100, Shadow Patrol is 120. 

I don't know I like Slaughter Troupe as their ability is good with Heartrenders and it reduces army to 3-4 drops. If I need less drops I would consider it. But I guess with my army it isn't a must we will see. 

I will play against Changehost, Kroak Sharkando and Skryre in next 10 days. Maybe against Nurgle as well. 

Well my group I play with is ultra comeptitve. And for sure I will play in Tournaments from April as with Heartrenders coming in two weeks I should be ready for April. 

I think DoK could work fine against Changehost but it depends which list. More horde approach with Heartrenders will do fine I guess as with extra spell range from Morathi and Heartrenders it will should be fairly easy to kill Gaunt Summoner. I will test my Kheliborn against it and how it fares going second/first against Changehost its my main focus with Battalion if I have a chance to reduce drops to match Changehost to roll for turn instead of doing what my opponent want. 

Also Amulet of Dark Fire is a main against Changehost coupled with HaggNar especially (4++ save, followed by 5++) 

GWs tactical plan of having their Cauldron+elves discount kit out of stock has worked its magic in resulting in me ordering 2 snake and 2 khinari kits. I'll probably make 5 of each variation and steadily grow them from there over time. 

because people will be asking about what to build for the first time:

What do you think?

Khinerai: Heartrenders > lifetakers
Melusai: Stalkers < Sisters
Ladies: Witch Elves > Sisters of Slaughter

I mean it cant be answered that easily, as you need list concepts and must take the battalion requirements in consideration. I write that just for a basic direction of thinking when you start Daughers of Khaine. #needthatformyself

1 hour ago, Overread said:

Mine probably won't arrive until next week with the snow issues - not even had any regular post all this last end of the week. Thankfully it should be easing off and vanishing over the next few days. 

Likewise, been snowed in for 3 days now - but at least it has stopped snowing.  My book should be waiting for me in a shop 10 miles away, but it might as well be a thousand.  Oh well it has meant extra painting time in between snow clearing and wood chopping. :) 

After seeing the Nest Temple on pre-order this morning I am considering doing a Gorgon themed army. I tend to collect smaller armies in the 1000p range.

How viable would a 1000p army be, would the Nest Temple battalion even fit in that size and what are the special rules for it.

Ideally I would want to use Bloodwrack Medusa as a general and then only Melusai Stalkers and Sisters. Maybe a support hero converted out of a Sslyth as I love that model but never so far used one.

While Morathi big form is a stunning model I don’t think I want to use it. For one, in a 1000p game I assume she will use up a lot of point and make the army to much about just her, secondly the starting with the little version and then transforming, while cool, does not fit with what I have in mind.

Any advice welcome.

25 minutes ago, Trokair said:

After seeing the Nest Temple on pre-order this morning I am considering doing a Gorgon themed army. I tend to collect smaller armies in the 1000p range.

How viable would a 1000p army be, would the Nest Temple battalion even fit in that size and what are the special rules for it.

Ideally I would want to use Bloodwrack Medusa as a general and then only Melusai Stalkers and Sisters. Maybe a support hero converted out of a Sslyth as I love that model but never so far used one.

While Morathi big form is a stunning model I don’t think I want to use it. For one, in a 1000p game I assume she will use up a lot of point and make the army to much about just her, secondly the starting with the little version and then transforming, while cool, does not fit with what I have in mind.

Any advice welcome.

I think for 1000 temple Nest is as good as it gets. 

Medusa (or even better Bloodwrack Shrine) 

10 Blood Sisters 

5 Blood Sisters 

2x5 Stalkers 

That's quite good, Shrine, Medusa with two spells a turn item,shooting, strong melee. I like it a lot in 1000 points army. 

Bloodwrack Medusa 140

10 Blood Sisters 280
5 Blood Sisters 140
2x5 Blood Stalkers 320

Battalion 100?

-> 980 works! Morathi is a bit to much on 1000 points. She will take half of your army that wont be fun for your opponent.

I can never remember how key worda work . with battalions such as temple nest it says 1 bloodwrack medusa now the bloodwrack shrine has that keyed word can it be taken as part of this battalion? 

Same with slaughter troupe can a slaughter queen on cauldron be used instead of one on foot

1 minute ago, ageofpaddsmar said:

I can never remember how key worda work . with battalions such as temple nest it says 1 bloodwrack medusa now the bloodwrack shrine has that keyed word can it be taken as part of this battalion? 

Same with slaughter troupe can a slaughter queen on cauldron be used instead of one on foot

The Bloodwrack shrine has the BLOODWRACK MEDUSA keyword. If the battalion also has the Keyword in bolted letters you can take the medusa either on shrine or on foot (scales??). Only if the name is written in normal letters you have to take a unit with the exact same name. 

So a Medusa, 10 to 15 Sisters and 10 Stalkers would be a viable army at 1000p. Good to know, thank you.

How important is the Medusa shrine verses just the Medusa? I don’t really like the shrine and would rather just have the Medusa on the ground.

Archived