Greenskinz wish list

roberto

Would love some orruk love this year.

While some would say that they've been supplanted by Bonesplitters and  Iron Jaws, I believe there is still a place in AoS for hordes of filthy, cowardly orcs.  The ultimate cannon-fodder and darkly humorous neer-do-wells.  Remember animosity?

blanche+orcs.jpg

Anyway,

I'd like to see a wyvern kit with choice of shaman or warboss.

A new boyz kit to replace the ancient bubble-butts, with option for arrers, that is the quality of the boar boyz kit.

Obviously,  a new chariot.

A plastic Rogue Idol

A couple of whacky war machines.

A shiny book with interesting formations.

Too much to ask?

New kits, aside from a chariot, probably won't happen, even if the Greenskinz were to get attention. And, yes, given where they are right now, that is too much to ask :( 

I'm a loyalist/purist/traditionalist when it comes to Warhammer Orruks (Orcs?). I love the Greenskinz, but as a faction, hell even in mixed destruction, aside from the warboss, they're not very good. No, that's too generous - they're probably among the worst three or four rounded-out factions. 

But I'm holding out hope - the first thing being that the infantry and shaman get a cost reduction in the next GHB. If they ever do get focused on as a faction, I'd hope that they get mixed in with Gitmobs and both get a fluff makeover, more focused on a scrap-punk aesthetic. I think they can easily do that by modifying the current kits - remove the Mongolian-inspired goblin pieces from the Gitmob kit (which actually isn't available in stores anymore?) and maybe replace the bows with crossbows, and doing a dual-kit with Space Orks - just add some spears and Choppas (I say this because yes, they have a much better and more applicable style to AOS, but also because I use Space Orks for my Orruks anyway).

Yeah - neither factions should use bows. Go with shoddy crossbows - and make the Orruk crossbows their own warscroll (and freaking better than the current bow boys). 

And, of course, they need to match their Savage counterparts' wound characteristics.

I think combining the factions and giving them a slight makeover, visual and scroll wise, along with a few battalions, would fix them right up.

For me it`s the looks, not so much the rules. I started playing them during sixth edition and they weren`t very good back then eitehr. But the looks....the LOOKS! I`s like to see more stuff like in the Age of Reckoning concept arts, or what the characters look like in the current Total War game.

And when we speak of transition...please...DON`T give them boars. Some bigger thing, like a squiggoth with an appropriate look for AoS. Orruks in AoS should be the opportunists, the survivors, the guys that steal and benefit of everything they can, thou being so incredibly raw and sloppy, that their stuff breaks most of the time.

I also want that woven into the background. Give them a territory for Gorks sake (or Mork)! something like Orruk strongholds, where they return to after pillaging. Something to give them a viable anker in the world of AoS. And...pleeease...make their looks have the same style as the current Ironjawz facewise. I really can`t have it anymore that EVERY damn greenskinmodel seems to have a different kind of head. Builtwise, okay, everything varies like that in life, so that is believable. Yeah I know, faces do to, but they have to look somewhat connected to each other.

While I have to generally disagree with you about their looks - I think where they're at is classic (albiet a bit too medieval) - I have to strongly disagree when it comes to the boars! They are amazing models. Some of the best GW has. Plus, it's a nice wink to how orcs were generally depicted in fantasy stuff.

Well, I`d say AoS is getting quite away from the general depiction of fantasy stuff and the boars do look out of place in a fantasyworld with all kind of humongous fantasy creatures already. The models themself are nice....they just don`t fit into the setting, from my point of view. Same goes for the look of the orcs/orruks. But as I said that is my thought about it and wether you agree or not, it`s a wishlist, right? Well, that is my wish. An up to date look of orcs with a new evolutionary style. Look at the Ironjawz - they basically are a complete different, yet fluffwise similiar, approach to orruks/orcs. I guess we`re just agrreing on generally disagreeing with each others taste ;)

Flashing out the Goblins would be interesting for me. Especially of course the Spider-Riding ones. :-) But I can, in general see how the Goblins could need a little TLC. 

Good formations, maybe something about sheer numbers/masses/tarpitting plus risky, yet strong warmachines... That's what I'd like to see. 

I agree on boosting the boyz to 2 wounds and I like the idea of tweakig their looks BUT in the old climate. Look at all those beautiful Kromlech 40K Boyz. Funny crazy type of hooligans/dumb asses has always been their signature.

The idea about strongholds is great. Make them a little more tech faction to counter the coming steamhead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd like to see Orruks get higher tech, not lower tech. I want Orruks with gunpowder weapons like crude muskets, flintlock pistols, smoothbore cannon and mortars. I'm obviously bias in this as my Pirate Orruks are already armed with these things, but in a world where all other factions seem to be getting magic bows, enchanted swords and fabulous monstrous mounts I think it would be cool of the humble Orruk to be surrounded in clouds of blackpowder smoke!

Back in the days of WFB Orcs were one of the biggest sellers so it's not that far fetched they should get some more love. I'd like to see them get various sorts of boar drawn extras: war wagons, bigger Chariots and artillery.  Push the nomadic tribes angle a bit. I'd like to them keep the ability to synergise with the other Greenskin faction though I like the way their command abilities a buffs generally affect all Orruks. 

Tercio's Orcs would be great! But maybe that will overlap with the Freeguild theme. So... maybe don't go full on black powder, pikes and stuff, just with more orky-versions of those things, and not in abundance, with still a strong feel of civilized-just-above-savage-level orcs. Ironjawz can keep the more Savage-With-Metal orc from the Old World alive.

mo1_large.jpg?v=1447639438

mo5_large.jpg?v=1447639642

As I said, little things and units like those to spice the faction and diference them from the classical orc theme, but not going all aboard because they will overlap with the Empire/Freeguild and lose to much Orc feel.

I'd get a band, put them on a wagon and then hop on said wagon if regular orcs got new stuff.  Love me some orcs.

I'd like a redone Orc boy sprue, but done in 2 ways- Melee and ranged. The first has sword+board, spear+board, 2x hand weapon options and the second is either bows or crossbows. An update to the orc boy should have some chainmail orcs as well as keeping the older pillager look. Maybe even a third core box with pikes/halberds/great weapons. Should contain a bunch of bitz pertaining to other races.

A redone Chariot is needed due to the boars being outdated something fierce. Something also to do with them being more inventive than either greenskin cousin, perhaps a Trojan Boar to get the lads into the fight quicker/add a behemoth that isn't a giant monster.

Warboss/Shaman on Wyvern, with some kind of named character option. Perhaps an Orc tired of the Ironjaws being bigger/better?

Clampack shaman on foot or if GW ever brings them back, a MPPK of shamans on foot and on a boar.

• 7 months later...

I’d love to see a Grot battletome next year!

- mushroom chompin Moonclan Grots 

- crude engineering Gitmob grots

- crazy jungle Spiderfang grots

A few new kits for all clans with quirky backgrounds and thematic formations and artefacts 

wish upon Gork or possibly Mork

I really hope they update all the greenskinz factions.

I desperately want a gitmob grots allegiance and another leader or two.

Moonclan deserve an allegiance. 

Both grot factions should have their own spell lists.

Greenskinz should be expanded upon slightly and given an alleigance. I think an awesome alleigance ability would be "If you only take allies from one other faction then you can take double the normal points of allies and they benefit from all your other greenskinz alligance abilities.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Aelfric said:

So long as there is a Greenskinz starter box, there's hope - I hope.  

Yeah that's my next purchase for my Ironjawz...I want the Waaagh! banner on boar and the orruks/boars give me allies option.

I'm also thinking that after I finish up my Ironjawz with all the variations I want available I'm going to start building a Gitmob army next :D The Boars will be useful for that if I want to add in any pumpwagons or the like!

Just now, Malakree said:

Yeah that's my next purchase for my Ironjawz...I want the Waaagh! banner on boar and the orruks/boars give me allies option.

I'm also thinking that after I finish up my Ironjawz with all the variations I want available I'm going to start building a Gitmob army next :D The Boars will be useful for that if I want to add in any pumpwagons or the like!

I have recently made a start on an Ironjaws army ( having a break from Aelves ) and will be rebasing 60 metal grots with bows as allies - just ordered the bases.  But I keep thinking about all my old Orruks and am now wondering whether to rebase them as well.  But that's another 120 bases to do!  So now my dilemma is whether to concentrate on a purely Ironjaws army or mix old and new into a general destruction army.  I think the answer will depend on how I survive basing 60 goblins!  Still it should still be quicker than painting.  I may have to get the starter box too - my old boars are now small enough to be piglets and you can't have too many orruks!

I just want the option for the old Orks&Goblins style. Orks kicking Grots around, bringing Trolls and Giants (because they are "fightin' gud") without breaking some kind of keyword synergies.. I really don't like the split into X different subfactions, which all together were a coherent army before.  Playing the old style nowadays is even in low-lvl friendly games not competitive at all. I don't want to be restricted to just one subfaction of greenskins or grots... I want all the variety which made them special and attractive to me... and no guys: playing them under mixed destruction rules is not working at all, especially against books with new tomes. Balancewise they need a boost as well: for the cost of 20 Orruks or 1 unit of troggoths I can choose from the whole Ironjawsarsenal, which is superior in every way. Additionally the new mixed destruction traits are complete garbage. Under the last GH the old style worked in low-lvl play - mainly because of the items and traits, bringing some kind of punch into these weak, sub-optimal lists and making them playable. But with the GH17 and the lack of any good items and traits (mixed destruction) you really struggle to justify bringing anything thats like the old concept.

To make this clear:I nearly got the complete Orkrange at home, including IJ and Bonesplitters, but to be able to compete I have to play mainly one subfaction (for me the new allypoints dont fix this problem good enough). O&G was always a heavy mix of races, maybe the book with the most racial variety as well... I would really like a tome that would allow me to represent the old style without throwing all my chances of winning overboard. To me it seems like I will play IJ only with this GH, because the rest even struggles to win in restricted non-competitive games nowadays.

But obviously that won't happen

56 minutes ago, Aelfric said:

Is there any significance do you think to the Greenskinz army bundle now available in new releases, including Moonclan grots, or am I hoping too much? 

Hoping too much I think.

I think all the Web team did was create a bunch of bundles based on the Start Collecting sets  and a couple of units more to make the armies a bit 'bigger'.  They offer no further discount other than what you get for the Start Collecting set, and are priced at a similar price point to the Christmas sets which actually provide hefty discounts. At the end of the day (without being cynical about the 'web bundles'), they're just offering another option for Christmas shoppers to dip into the hobby with slightly larger armies.

I don't think it has any indication about what is and is not getting any support in the near future (Other than every army apart from Greenskinz actually has allegiance abilities ¬¬). Who knows? Maybe they forgot the Greenskinz allegiance abilities in GHB2017 :(

4 hours ago, someone2040 said:

Hoping too much I think.

I think all the Web team did was create a bunch of bundles based on the Start Collecting sets  and a couple of units more to make the armies a bit 'bigger'.  They offer no further discount other than what you get for the Start Collecting set, and are priced at a similar price point to the Christmas sets which actually provide hefty discounts. At the end of the day (without being cynical about the 'web bundles'), they're just offering another option for Christmas shoppers to dip into the hobby with slightly larger armies.

I don't think it has any indication about what is and is not getting any support in the near future (Other than every army apart from Greenskinz actually has allegiance abilities ¬¬). Who knows? Maybe they forgot the Greenskinz allegiance abilities in GHB2017 :(

The rational part of me , sadly, would tend to agree with you; but I still live in hope!

Archived