Ironjawz post GH2017 - Podcast with Kieran Harper - Questions required

Chris Tomlin

Morning all,

This Thursday I will be recording a podcast with @Sangfroid to discuss Ironjawz post GH2017. We will cover all the new traits/artefacts/battalions as well as list ideas and maybe some battle reports.

I just wondered if you guys here had any particular questions for us that we could answer/discuss on air? I cant guarantee that all will be answered, but all contributions would be greatly appreciated.

The episode will be released at 8pm GMT on 16/10/17.

Many thanks in advance,
Chris

Hello Chris,

my question will be on the use of 30x Arrowboys bubbling a weirdnob shaman mounted on a Balewind vortex, instead of spear chukkas, Grot Rock lobber or even Hag to do damages from distance. Have u tried this and what are ur pro and con between thoses solutions?

Two questions I have:

1) It seems Ironjawz for GH2 will work better in MSU, most notably with 5-man Brute squads. For those megabosses that want to get real choppy, what kind of list can a 10-man Brute squad excel in?

2) What are better ways to utilize our magic support on the battlefield? Sometimes the Wierdnob is a hit or a miss by himself, even if he is bubble wrapped in a horde of 20-30 Ardboyz. I recently saw a list that featured two Wierdnobs, while some other Ironjawz are taking the cheaper option and using Goblin'Night Goblin Shamans as allies 

Hey Chris, I know it's not exactly relevant to this episode, but would love to hear your thoughts on the rest of Destruction in GHB17, particularly Beastclaw / Ogors in general! 

Look forward to listening to this one too, the last one with Kieran on was a great listen! I'm on the fence about starting Ironjaws in the future, currently building a Beasthammer BCR list...

A few things for me:

1. How does one determine which weapon a Megaboss on Maw-krusha gets the extra attack from its Strength from Victory ability?
  2. What's the stance on the Ironfist?  Aside from being a way to get another artifact on the table and a tax for the bigger Battallion?
  3. Speaking of which, how do we feel about the mega-battalion?  The one with the Realmgate?  Is it worth taking, even with the Ironfist tax?

Few for you to condsider boyz :)

1. I think one of the most interesting discussions is the choice of Allies / No Allies. With the new added rules Ironjawz units benefit from how many lists are just better keeping it full Ironjawz?

2. Ironjawz as the allies. WHat units do you think best slot into other Destruction armies and why?

3. How many more Goregruntas will you paint. We (everyone here i am sure) want to see you run this perfectly well rounded out list of beauty ;)

Allegiance: Ironjawz

Leaders
Megaboss Pig Benis on Maw-Krusha (460)
- General
- Trait: Ironclad 
- Artefact: Daubing of Mork 
Orruk Weirdnob Shaman (120)
- Artefact: The Boss Skewer 
Orruk Warchanter (80)

Battleline
6 x Orruk Gore Gruntas (280)
- Ironjawz Battleline
- Ironjawz Battleline
- Ironjawz Battleline
- Ironjawz Battleline

Battalions
Gorefist (220)

Reinforcement Points (0)

Total: 2000 / 2000

Heard your not a real ironjawz player till you get off the 6+ Mighty waggggghhhhh ;) 

1. Brutes Msu, 10s 10+ or a few 5s and a 10 whats the best way to run them

2. Ardboy equipment? Shields and Choppas?

3. Is a brute-fist worth it?

Hey @Chris Tomlin & @Sangfroid thanks for asking, I'll look forward to hearing the show :D

So I've been watching the GT final on twitch this week and it was great to see two unusual armies, mixed order and Gorefist Ironjawz, do so well.

They, along with a few other lists, had something in common - they made use of some great combos or movement shenanigans that people really aren't used to facing.

*So* my long winded question is: 

1. How important do you guys think it is to be able to whip out these combos / shenanigans at a crucial moment in the game.

2. What (if any) are some of Ironjawz best combos, or options for unusual movement tricksiness?

Cheers

Some questions:

Have you tried the new battalions? What are your thoughts on them?

Do you think we will see any Ironjawz releases?

Do you think Ironjawz should have their own ranged unit? Or has the allies option negated this?

Do you think Ironjawz new Ironjawz (with their own item, and the points reductions) are better than old Ironjawz (cheaper battalions, Old Rampaging destruction, battle brew)?

Generic Destruction questions:

Do you think all the nerfs to destruction (mixed destruction in particular) were entirely justified.

Do you think we will see more Destruction lists at tournaments soon? Are people trying to work it out lists? Or is Destruction the new death?

Morning all,

Thanks for the series of great questions. Unfortunately I have decided to postpone the episode as I am struggling to get my own hobby done in time for RAW17 (to stop @Jimbo@Mitzy, @Devilreefman and @Thornshield from killing me!!).

This will still be the next podcast episode, so please keep the questions coming for me @Sangfroid. If we can just keep it to questions and no responses or debate that would be appreciated, just so it keeps it nice and tidy for me when we come to going through this (@Malakree, I hid your reply for this reason :)).

Sorry for the delay, but I hope for your understanding on the reasons. Stressing out over hobby to the point you're going to drop out of an event is no fun.

Archived