Let's chat Kharadron Overlords

Dez

5 hours ago, eciu said:

Don't they still sell unchanged KO unit cards ?

Yea, and the app hasn't been updated either. I don't get it, they have such a smooth system for updating rules and warscrolls and they still resort to old messy FAQs...

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was kind of torn on picking between KO and Deepkin for my first AoS army.  Are the downloadable warscrolls for the KO current/updated? I can't imagine why they wouldn't simply update those and reupload them to the site. Nobody wants to be hauling around faqs and errata n stuff to play games, makes me wonder if the battletome is worth the money if its so outdated.

7 hours ago, eciu said:

Don't they still sell unchanged KO unit cards ?

Not only that, the app doesn't even have the correct changes from the FAQ. So book/FAQ/app are 3 different versions of the same thing lol

EDIT:

When the next version of the GHB drops, if the "updated" warscroll for Thunderers is not in it, does that mean they revert back to their original printing? Did GW shoehorn themselves into a pickle by printing a warscroll in this publication that is annually changed?

7 hours ago, Gorthaur said:

I was kind of torn on picking between KO and Deepkin for my first AoS army.  Are the downloadable warscrolls for the KO current/updated? I can't imagine why they wouldn't simply update those and reupload them to the site. Nobody wants to be hauling around faqs and errata n stuff to play games, makes me wonder if the battletome is worth the money if its so outdated.

It doesn't help that deep kin look to be designed with the philosophy of "Yeah, KO were too strong. Let's make an army that screws them harder than anything else in the game". I mean, at least DoK only have one temple that does it, slightly less hard. But you aren't going to be able to play a shooting army against deepkin. And if your chainsaws haven't managed to win by turn 3, you'll just lose.

19 hours ago, Gorthaur said:

And yet they don't change it! Go figure....

The battletome is cool anyway because of fluff and allegiance abilities. But yea the warscrolls are all mostly out of date. I just edited the cards with a pen lol but what a scam. 

On 4/18/2018 at 4:03 PM, Drofnum said:

I dont think company need a buff honestly.  Unless we are talking about buffing special weapons that arent the skyhook.

I think KO need a buff overall or some mechanic to make it not so auto lose against the newer armies coming out.

Personally I think KO need buffed to the level that small ship borne units are viable.   Even if it means reducing max unit sizes (like reducing a company’s maximum size from 40 to 20 for example).

Boost privateer pistols to -1 rend at least.  Possibly even bump all KO firearms to 3+ wound too, putting them on par with the firearms of other races.  Even if it means reducing their range to 9” for balance.  Make Arkanauts small glass cannon units perfect for ship deployment.   Because correct  I’m wrong but I always thought that was the whole point of them. 

3 hours ago, stratigo said:

I think KO need a buff overall or some mechanic to make it not so auto lose against the newer armies coming out.

They arent though.  I've played them in multiple tournaments this year and the only match up I felt was an auto loss was a mixed order list with KO that just did shooting better than I did and had a Frostheart.

They need a small buff but it isnt as bad as is made out here, more variety in builds would go a lot further than anything else. Company are one of the best battleline in Order if you have a khemist around.  Buffs to the ships, thunderers, skywardens and the underused hero's would go a lot further than buffs to the already good parts of the army.

What about decrease points costs of all ships by say 40 points each, increase Frigate and Ironclad saves to 3+, and give Frigates/Gunhaulers better guns. 

Also Endrinmasters make Endrinriggers battleline. 

BAM. Army buffed. 

I just one for looking in at KO <.< and play them vicariously through silently reading this thread <.< lmao.  However, i think the main issue of KO is the ship mechanic being a little slow??? You have to either do the clown car thing where models can magicly pop out at a time you'd really like them too, or be super slow and move up, wait a turn, then get out and shoot all your close range guns. All while giving your opponent two turns to chew on your soft ships. 

I'd change the admirals command ability to be: target SKYVESSEL can disembark it's models after moving withing x".  And let the admiral use that command ability while in an ironclad. 

That'd be it.  Then hit clowncar with the nerf feather. 

57 minutes ago, mmimzie said:

I just one for looking in at KO <.< and play them vicariously through silently reading this thread <.< lmao.  However, i think the main issue of KO is the ship mechanic being a little slow??? You have to either do the clown car thing where models can magicly pop out at a time you'd really like them too, or be super slow and move up, wait a turn, then get out and shoot all your close range guns. All while giving your opponent two turns to chew on your soft ships. 

I'd change the admirals command ability to be: target SKYVESSEL can disembark it's models after moving withing x".  And let the admiral use that command ability while in an ironclad. 

That'd be it.  Then hit clowncar with the nerf feather. 

I would just prefer they buff stuff up to make more builds viable.  Nerf clown car in to the ground imo, but buff up the Navigator, Endrinmaster, Admiral gunship and thunderers.  When is the last time any of those saw use even in niche builds?  Buffing the ships would help but so would your change for sure, I just dont think it would be enough to really help the biggest problem KO has and that is that we have 2 units that are good, Company and Endrinriggers.

2 hours ago, Deepkin said:

What about decrease points costs of all ships by say 40 points each, increase Frigate and Ironclad saves to 3+, and give Frigates/Gunhaulers better guns. 

Also Endrinmasters make Endrinriggers battleline. 

BAM. Army buffed. 

I dont think the Ironclad needs any buffs or point reductions. Also I wouldnt buff the Frigat up to a 3+ save. If GW would change the warscrolls I would prefer to have it like: 3+/4+/5+ for the Ironclad/Frigat/Gunhauler. 

Id also like to see Skywarden instead of Endrinriggers as Battleline units. Endrinriggers are used in nearly all lists right now, GW should do something to get players to use the Wardens more.

On 4/17/2018 at 7:34 PM, Tittliewinks22 said:

When the next version of the GHB drops, if the "updated" warscroll for Thunderers is not in it, does that mean they revert back to their original printing? Did GW shoehorn themselves into a pickle by printing a warscroll in this publication that is annually changed?

Now that is a good question, and something I had not considered - the GHB warscroll update format would mean that a section would need to be devoted to keeping track of all them from past books.

3 hours ago, Deepkin said:

I think 3+ save would be overkill - Frigates should maybe have a 4+, and 2 more carbines at full strength (wound table decreasing down to 6/5/4/3/2 instead of the current 4/4/3/3/2).

I see a lot of conversation about points and stats.  What about skyport rules?  The one thing that bothers me about ko right now is they are tunneled into zilfin if you want to compete and nothing else comes close.  

I've retired my zon fleet for now and am building up a mhornar one so it can actually do something.  I don't hate zilfin I just wish it was not the go to choice for everything.

16 minutes ago, Mikester1487 said:

I see a lot of conversation about points and stats.  What about skyport rules?  The one thing that bothers me about ko right now is they are tunneled into zilfin if you want to compete and nothing else comes close.  

I've retired my zon fleet for now and am building up a mhornar one so it can actually do something.  I don't hate zilfin I just wish it was not the go to choice for everything.

Definitly. Some Skyport rules need a re-work. I feel like Urbaz and Zilfin are the only really useful ones right now.  But im not really sure how to fix them. They are not too different from the Daughters of Khaine temples but choosing a different temple makes a way bigger difference when playing DoK compared to playing a different skyport. 

Now that is a good question, and something I had not considered - the GHB warscroll update format would mean that a section would need to be devoted to keeping track of all them from past books.

GW said when the first GH was released that you can use whatever warscroll you have in open/narrative play but you have to use the most reccent when playing matched play. 
You can also find the updated warscroll in the Age of Sigmar app. So keep a section of the Handbook reserved for scrolls isnt needed.

Barak-Zon: change Deeds, Not Words to “on any turn in which your unit charged or was charged, add +1 to their to wound rolls during the fight phase”.  In other words, the red thirst.  Change show them your steel to the combat phase rather than the hero phase, so that it actually becomes useful.  And perhaps, maybe changing honour is everything to affect all your units rather than just your heroes.

Barak-Mhornar: change opportunistic privateers to a simple 3” reroll to hit and to wound  rolls of 1 bubble with all attacks.  I hate how I have to select a unit first.  

Barak-Nar: change Through Knowledge, Power to something identical to the Black Templars Abhor The Witch ability.  I was also thinking that trust athermatics not superstition could affect all units but that is probably op.

On 4/20/2018 at 4:09 PM, Gecktron said:

GW said when the first GH was released that you can use whatever warscroll you have in open/narrative play but you have to use the most reccent when playing matched play. 

You can also find the updated warscroll in the Age of Sigmar app. So keep a section of the Handbook reserved for scrolls isnt needed.

My only concern with this thought process is that the warscrolls in the app are not correct with the current FAQ for some things. If you are required to use the Thunderers scroll from the GHB 2017 and if it's not present in GHB 2018. Does this set a presidency for other omissions?

8 hours ago, Tittliewinks22 said:

My only concern with this thought process is that the warscrolls in the app are not correct with the current FAQ for some things. If you are required to use the Thunderers scroll from the GHB 2017 and if it's not present in GHB 2018. Does this set a presidency for other omissions?

Sure, it would be great if they included every FAQ change in the war scrolls. But im not sure what you are on about with the omissions part. Get the war scroll from the app if you want to play matched play or use whatever version for the other to ways to play. There is no reason why GW should have to put the Thunderer scroll in every GH. Its not like there is no other way to get them. 

Archived