AoS video games- what would you want to see?

Zeratan

1 hour ago, MacDuff said:

Haha. I was lucky enough to be the senior designer and writer of EA's LOTR games and it was a blast. The character models were spot on, but only thing I wished more than once was to be able to make the game landscapes more far out. Our artists made incredibly beautiful 3D environments, but they couldn't cut loose because of the constraints of the license (and Peter's approvals). With AOS, you can have battlefields to play on that would blow other video games away! It almost doesn't matter the genre - the Realm terrain you fight on could be amazing.

Just out of curiosity, now in which games are you working now? 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, MacDuff said:

Haha. I was lucky enough to be the senior designer and writer of EA's LOTR games and it was a blast. The character models were spot on, but only thing I wished more than once was to be able to make the game landscapes more far out. Our artists made incredibly beautiful 3D environments, but they couldn't cut loose because of the constraints of the license (and Peter's approvals). With AOS, you can have battlefields to play on that would blow other video games away! It almost doesn't matter the genre - the Realm terrain you fight on could be amazing.

The problem when you work with a licence.  Age of Sigmar would be good as there is a lot of scope for where you could take the story and what you could do with the game. You could almost have a hub world and use the Realmgates to go to other worlds and the SoM mechanics would be cool. So with little thought we could have a Stormcast Errant Questor vs loads of Chaos Warbands with different leaders who can become your nemesis.

43 minutes ago, KillagoreFaceslasha said:

Just out of curiosity, now in which games are you working now? 

NDA's ;) 

Hey Killagore, I've been doing serious software games for education, training & research the last 10 years after my 15 years at EA and then freelancing EA's Game of Thrones (they lost the license), Uncharted & WWE 07 (yuck). A few months ago my year-long gamification of social media MMO wrapped up. I found this site because I was curious if a non-hostile online community was possible... It is!

57 minutes ago, Auticus said:

Its very possible.  though extremely rare!

I wonder if this site's less hostile nature is due to the game of Age of Sigmar not being hugely received by the competitive community at large though.  

So the worst is yet to come, isn't it? Well, I guess the worst would be ArchWarhammer finding this page... Pfu, Sigmar, Nagash, Grugni  and Alarielle protect us!

Back to topic- why haven't anyone mention a direct adaptation of Warhammer Underworlds: Shadespire? Or especially a video game version of both AoS Warhammer Quests? It's time to rectify this mistake! I believe all three of them would make for fine video game material.

1 hour ago, Auticus said:

Its very possible.  though extremely rare!

I wonder if this site's less hostile nature is due to the game of Age of Sigmar not being hugely received by the competitive community at large though.  

Sometimes I do wonder how this community remains quite positive I personally like how relaxed this place is even if we disagree with each other sometimes.

The competitive community is here.

The comparative lack of hostility is because we dropped the baggage with the split.  And as long as GW continues to create good will with their current policies we'll be unlikely to see that return.

The only exception would be if the 9th age community collapses and people come here out of spite.

What about a turn based strategy akin to FF Tactics. Choose your faction. Select your army from the list of available characters / units and fight. Battle in different realms with living scenery.

As you progress through the game you unlock more characters and units to bolster you army and then get a better selection. Play through quests to gain relics and then you could add these to your options and take them on-line in match-plays.

On 7/4/2017 at 7:40 PM, Zeratan said:

So the worst is yet to come, isn't it? Well, I guess the worst would be ArchWarhammer finding this page... Pfu, Sigmar, Nagash, Grugni  and Alarielle protect us!

Back to topic- why haven't anyone mention a direct adaptation of Warhammer Underworlds: Shadespire? Or especially a video game version of both AoS Warhammer Quests? It's time to rectify this mistake! I believe all three of them would make for fine video game material.

That implies he'd bother to do actual research XD. 

Jokes aside, I'm afraid this won't last forever. Sourness stems from big groups where people with grievances start to latch on. The angriest people are usually the loudest. TGA one day will be aflicted by that kind of scenarios and turn like the other forums. Nothing is forever. But, as Nietzche said: "If we affirm one moment, we thus affirm not only ourselves but all existence. For nothing is self-sufficient, neither in us ourselves nor in things; and if our soul has trembled with happiness and sounded like a harp string just once, all eternity was needed to produce this one event—and in this single moment of affirmation all eternity was called good, redeemed, justified, and affirmed."

So let's enjoy ourselves while we can because whatever may come afterwards will mean nothing.

1 hour ago, KillagoreFaceslasha said:

That implies he'd bother to do actual research XD. 

Jokes aside, I'm afraid this won't last forever. Sourness stems from big groups where people with grievances start to latch on. The angriest people are usually the loudest. TGA one day will be aflicted by that kind of scenarios and turn like the other forums. Nothing is forever. But, as Nietzche said: "If we affirm one moment, we thus affirm not only ourselves but all existence. For nothing is self-sufficient, neither in us ourselves nor in things; and if our soul has trembled with happiness and sounded like a harp string just once, all eternity was needed to produce this one event—and in this single moment of affirmation all eternity was called good, redeemed, justified, and affirmed."

So let's enjoy ourselves while we can because whatever may come afterwards will mean nothing.

This unfortunately is true I suspect at some point people will come and sour the place. Let's enjoy it while we can. 

you know what else would be fun? A for Honor / Chivalry type game in the AOS world. Imaging playing a greatsword human fighter dueling against a chaos warrior in first person combat. I loved those type of games so I think it would be a great fit!

10 minutes ago, Acid_Nine said:

you know what else would be fun? A for Honor / Chivalry type game in the AOS world. Imaging playing a greatsword human fighter dueling against a chaos warrior in first person combat. I loved those type of games so I think it would be a great fit!

oh my god...

hey whats that big goat like..thing... running towards oh my god *bleugh* 

charging doom bulls or ironjawz against those poor poor empire swordsmen lol 

4 hours ago, Arkiham said:

oh my god...

hey whats that big goat like..thing... running towards oh my god *bleugh* 

charging doom bulls or ironjawz against those poor poor empire swordsmen lol 

Yeah, that would require some extra balancing but it would certainly be entrertaining. For the big races at least ?

Faster respawn to represent more cannon fod-er-valiant defenders of Order? :D

The Stormcast probably should be the only fast elite respawns but suffer from reforging so start attacking slower or forget certain attacks entirely as their humanity fades away.

@Shinros, 

This unfortunately is true I suspect at some point people will come and sour the place. Let's enjoy it while we can.[/Quote]

Hear hear! Let's keep the flame of goodwill kindled for as long as we can. :)

• 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Menkeroth said:

Actually how an AoS game could be like is Sacrifice. Brilliant game in itself, and maybe one of the GW inspiration sources - who knows. That would be awesome.

That would certainly fit the setting.

40 minutes ago, The Door Master said:

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this (or maybe my eye sight is that bad) but what about a Diablo style WQ:ST game. Have each class from the table top; like a Cogsmith or Orruk Warchanter.

Blasting away, well, pretty much anything designers can imagine from all of the races currently in AoS (because a misunderstanding/too-many-sodding-refrogings can justify fighting anyone) to outlandish horrors and constructs lost in secluded parts of the realms or sealed away in tomb of long forgotten peoples. All cupped off with loot of legendary proportions (like an axe made out of ur-gold mixed with Volcatrixes blood). It would be amazing.

• 3 months later...

Hey, sorry for the foul threadromancy but I've been part of the Hyrule Total War mod project for a while now and we are moving to a new system.

It's a Age of Empires-like game called "0(zero) A.D" and it's a free-to-play, very mod friendly and highly detailed game.

Neph, the dev mod, made a vid of how much he accomplished in under a month of work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZhrNE7GEqg

It has amazing details, uses squads/skirmish forces of troops that can combine into mass armies, solo heroes/wizards and monsters as well as many other features that can be put into it.

It really seems to me a AoS mod would be perfect for it and just wanted to let you lads know about it. :)

The video games that GW has collaborated to create in recent years have been amazing. Like really REALLY good. I'm a massive video game nerd and play many types of game, but for the past 2 years I have played nothing but Vermintide and Total War. Both fantastic games for different reasons. Hacking through Skaven hordes in Castle Drachenfels as a Witch Hunter with a repeater rifle and axe is just so satisfying in co-op mode, working with Bardin the Dwarf Ranger and the truly awesome voice acting is a blast. The epic epic battles in Total War are really something - Skarsnik and his buffed night goblins and spiders versus 4 chaos armies all at once, retreating several times, losing almost all your units only to scrape a victory against the odds... I was sweating at the end of that battle!

So I hope they simply keep making End Times era games as they are so damn good. I just can't see AOS universe games being as immersive and 'relatable'. The realms are only loosely defined and described as far as I know. 

Archived