Behold the Kharadron Overlords!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Chikout said:

The imperial knight Base is 170mm oval. It is the same as the stardrake so that comparison pic I posted a while ago should be accurate.

The medium size ship looks like a 120mm oval which is the same as the magmadroth.

Thanks.  I know I'll have lots of time, but since I don't have any hobby budget for a few months I'm starting to plan out a display board to fill all that time.  Gotta make sure the flat spaces are big enough lol.  Nothing like building a display board, and then trying to balance a 170mm base on a 120mm flat space.

Can't wait for the battletome! I hope they encorporate some maritime folklore into the fluff -  Sailor superstitions, tales of ghost ships, treasure islands, Aethermaids whose psiren songs lure Overlord ships onto floating crystal islands! 

Oh and Sky Krakens that dismember ships to drag Overlords to a erm...cloudy grave!

34 minutes ago, Shorewood said:

They come out roughly two weeks after our collective heads explode from anticipation. 

I have heard 14th  but I am unsure if that's pre order date or release.

That weekend I think is Easter so maybe Easter project?

20 minutes ago, Chikout said:

From the new white dwarf.60249999557_WD008April2017ENG04.jpg.4d4c51b44f6dd3a9c3e760d861cd2ced.jpg

By the way preorders at almost certainly on April 8th after shadow war. We should start to see white dwarf pics on Monday which will give confirmation.

I am afraid I can't read the text even with zooming in

17 minutes ago, Shorewood said:

I am afraid I can't read the text even with zooming in

It is from the  New Zealand GW site. I can just about read it on there using my ipad. There should be higher res pics on the white dwarf Facebook page later today. (Saturday)

Yup I can read it from the site if I put my nose on the monitor, good stuff!

Now I want to make a small Hinterlands warband based on the remains of a fallen king and his warband...and as I type it out, I realize it's a familiar story. Ah well, we can see what Fili would have done with a Drakegun :)

There's stuff in that WD about the kharadron not having kings or following gods, which is interesting. Just the code and something like democracy; maybe the democracy of shareholders rather than something more admirable but still. It says that they voted to aid Sigmar's efforts but the code stipulated that they could only do so when there was profit in it...

Looks like it's the old dwarven greed and love of order without being hide-bound about ancestral tradition.

Archived