Best weapon for lord celestant on drac?

Riavan

Hey, just wondering what the best weapon for the lord cele on drac is? Small 1k point army with only one calvery unit if that makes a difference. So many choices makes it kind of hard to decide or work out.

Also if someone could tell me what the one in the starter set actually has already, I would be most grateful.

Thanks!

There's a case to be made for each weapon in various circumstances - a bit unlike the dracothian guard where you are almost never taking the axes due to budget.

Take 4 single gryph hound units and keep them close and take the axe (kind of cheesy). This wouldn't fit your 1k composition I don't think.

Take the Lightning Hammer and enjoy very steady damage output with no pile ins (my own favourite).

Take the glaive and enjoy as single model being almost a full Fulminator unit (but when not on the charge he certainly suffers)

Take the Tempestos hammer for a bit of gambling but also a very nice 2+ wound roll and 2" range. (my second favourite).

14 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

Thunderaxe and 40 individual gryph hounds

That does sound fun but also like you'd be left with an army of just 40 gryph hounds very quick.

Thanks everybody for the help.

13 hours ago, Veillotron said:

Just going by the numbers, Tempestos Hammer easily wins. On average, will dish out a lot more damages than the other options (look at the Total DO column):

LCOD-SUmmray.png.784d53de8576d23b8b5d8f0828033e0d.png

..and here's the detailed calculations:

LCOD_analysis.png.917b62ed7d31f7df1466930bd5b77c64.png

Stunning the pile in more than makes up for any damage differential. Also the numbers seem weird on the lightning hammer, I'm not sure you're accounting for the fact that every 6 to hit basically generates an additional attack(2 mortal wounds go through but the wound roll can still happen)

7 hours ago, BURF1 said:

Stunning the pile in more than makes up for any damage differential. Also the numbers seem weird on the lightning hammer, I'm not sure you're accounting for the fact that every 6 to hit basically generates an additional attack(2 mortal wounds go through but the wound roll can still happen)

You are correct - I had not read the rule properly, thank you for pointing it out to me.

The corrected average damage output per turn of the LCOD with Lightning Hammer is 5.20; less than a Tempestos Hammer and Stormglaive upon a charge, but the highest figure in standard combat.

Archived