Warhammer Quest: The Silver Tower. Hopes and dreams

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd say yes. Personal taste I suppose, but I'm not a huge fan of stormcast. I prefer the orruks but still not mad about them. However, the minis in silver tower look stunningly good! So many lovely minis, the return of a classic game and, by the look of things, everything a wishlister could have hoped for, makes this the best of AoS thus far. My big hope was that the heroes would transfer to AoS. Now it looks as if you can transfer AoS heroes the other way! I say brilliant! 

Brilliant move by GW - exactly how they should have responded to all the other leaks over the years (the new Ironjaw Megaboss, for example, was not done justice by his leaked picture).

I'm very impressed with the positive turn they've taken with social media and community engagement.

Plus, of course, the miniatures look cracking.

Is anyone else already thinking of alternative AoS heroes to use for WQ since we'll be able to create our own or use premade hero cards? Really looking forward to getting my hands on the new app. I feel like it will be a great way to delve into other alliances or subfactions without starting a new army and create some interesting conversions/kitbashes for heroes to use in WQ.

I particularly liked the RPG elements of the original WHQ between dungeons.

I'm keen to see if its possible to exit the tower between adventures to stop off at villages/towns/cities etc for provisions and the like. I always liked that part of the game.

HeroQuest has also been incredibly effective gateway drug for friends, family, and significant others that would otherwise be uninterested in tabletop gaming in general. I think that the original Warhammer Quest (which I also own) wouldn't be as effective in that regard as it is slightly more complex.

As such, news that points to this new WHQ being more like HeroQuest is welcome, though I would certainly like additional material to be released to expand it like the original WHQ.

All told, I'm just generally pleased with how GW has been operating lately.

I've been told by my FLGS that stores are being pushed to order 40 copies. My store can't and is ordering the minimum 20 required to get the special promos (which is still a lot for them).

He said stores that ordered 40 were supposed to get the game a week early. That's this weekend! Anyone else heard that?

I'll be getting mine next weekend from my FLGS regardless.

It doesn't seem as simple as HeroQuest. To me it looks like WarhammerQuest with some of the extra "role playing" elements, like between adventures going to villages/towns/cities etc, taken out but with a more modern activation and experience mechanic. WarhammerQuest 2nd edition may be a better way to think of it. Either way I'm looking forward to it. I'll be picking up my copy on the 21st!

So much detail in this White Dwarf - Highly recommend the purchase.  Explanation of the game, walk-through of a full trial, AOS warscrolls for the heros, paint guides, Black Library story, fluff, details about the app - so, so much to love :)  Just a few peaks below :)

1.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

10.JPG

11.JPG

So the ultimate goal is to get all the amulet pieces and learn the Gaunt Summoner's true name? To have a daemons true name is to control them. Archaon gained control over the eight Gaunt Summoners by finding out their names, so did he go through the eight trials that make up the WQ:ST scenarios too? If so I want his rules for WarhammerQuest: Silver Tower!!! (I have the old Games Day models of him on foot)  And if other parties are now seeking the true names is it a plot by the Summoners to get out of the Everchosen's power? I love the way the lore is developing.

Archived