FEEDBACK for General's Handbook 2.0 (Destruction)

Anaticula

I'm not sure lowering the points of Savage Orruks is a good idea. From what I've read Kunning rukk and Arrow boys is the hotness. Lowering points for one battle line seems to me to just add more Arrow boys. Or pay for the battalion. I can't say for sure it's just first thoughts on the subject.

I would love for my Cave Squigs and Squig Hoppers to become Moonclan battleline so I really can play Age of Squigmar for real. Now there is no real reason to play Moonclan at all, it's just Destruction. If the units of Squigs (not the monsters) were battleline it would be amazing, Boing Boing Baby! My suggestion would be that Cave Squigs become Moonclan Battleline as standard and that Squig Hoppers become Moonclan Battleline too BUT ONLY IF the general is a Grot Warboss on Great Cave Squig. 

RAISE the points of Thundetusks and Stonhorns, something like 400 and 450 instead of their current points. 

Also, formations need a good look, they are just so cheap. Compared to 40k AoS is doing a good thing where formation cost points, but 20 or 40p? Or even 60p? It's kinda like it's free anyway. The only reasonably costed formation is Braggoths Beast Hammer, that one might be too expensive though. 

12 hours ago, Flogger said:

I would love for my Cave Squigs and Squig Hoppers to become Moonclan battleline so I really can play Age of Squigmar for real. Now there is no real reason to play Moonclan at all, it's just Destruction. If the units of Squigs (not the monsters) were battleline it would be amazing, Boing Boing Baby! My suggestion would be that Cave Squigs become Moonclan Battleline as standard and that Squig Hoppers become Moonclan Battleline too BUT ONLY IF the general is a Grot Warboss on Great Cave Squig.  

I think that cave squigs as battleline for moonclan would be a great idea and would not even hurt the game balance.

I like some of your ideas there!

Playing my Seraphon against my friend's mixed destruction army and reading warscrolls I noticed some stuff. Bear in mind that I am new to the game and we might be playing some things wrongly, but here are my observations:

- That Greenskinz Boar Chariot is a joke, at least in the games I've seen it. Should probably be 60 points instead of 80
- The synergies between different Orruks coulb be better. So Ardboys as generic battleline could be nice
- using an Aleguzzler Gargant as a "joker", not breaking allegiance would be cool and fluffy.
- Thundertusks and Stonehorns seem to be way too cheap.
- Scraplaunchers and Ironblasters should probably be a bit cheaper.
- Orruks at 80 points is a good idea IMO.

On 2/20/2017 at 7:32 PM, Lord Biscuit said:

Ironfist battalion from Ironjawz fixed movement value: While random is all very well and fun! Unfortunately it's a pain in the backside to roll two sets of checks just to move in the heroic phase.

2d6 isn't that difficult., imo. Do them at the same time. 

----

Okay, my input. Mostly a lot of agreeance. 

'Ardboys become generic battleline.

Greenskins Grots = 70 pts? (The Common Goblin should be the cheapest battleline.)

3" to Jagged Gore-hackas

Troggoths and Gargants need a universal keyword that doesn't break allegiances. 

5 minutes ago, Couchatron said:

----

Greenskins Grots = 70 pts? (The Common Goblin should be the cheapest battleline.)

3" to Jagged Gore-hackas

I believe Gitmob Grots are already the cheapest destruction battleline at 20 for 100 points, I don't think they should get that much cheaper considering how good they are, though I think that Nasty Gits could come down a couple points (30 for 3). I do however think that Gutbuster Grots could drop 20 points to compensate for not being battleline and not getting any command options.

I totally agree about 'Ardboyz though!

Just now, thediceabide said:

I believe Gitmob Grots are already the cheapest destruction battleline at 20 for 100 points, I don't think they should get that much cheaper considering how good they are, though I think that Nasty Gits could come down a couple points (30 for 3). I do however think that Gutbuster Grots could drop 20 points to compensate for not being battleline and not getting any command options.

I totally agree about 'Ardboyz though!

I suppose. 

17 hours ago, Couchatron said:

----

3" to Jagged Gore-hackas

No, you can't. One roll of 1D6 could influence the other, and because they are two independant movement rolls they must be conducted seperately. I mean it's possible to handwave it with the oppoments permission, but otherwise it's a very clunky movement system.

On those points: 'ardboys being battleline might defeat point of Ironjawz, though then again even within the lore 'ardboys are a outlier anyways. Brutes and grunters being also battleline under pure ironjawz probably makes a good deal more sense if Games workshop would RELEASE ANOTHER UNIT FOR IRONJAWZ INSTEAD OF SPOILING THE STORMCAST ALL THE TIME WITH SPACEMARINE RETORIC. I mean seriously, those guys have enough units and heroes in that faction then both bonespillters and ironjaws put together. xD If we got more units I could support 'ardboys being battleline all the time; makes it possible to mix a little without having to build an entirely different army.

Otherwise largely agreed. Troggoths and Gargants should be a law onto themselves; that any list could pick up a limited number of them without breaking alliance; largely because destruction has a reputation for being a bit more disorderly.

On 2/23/2017 at 6:44 AM, Lord Biscuit said:

No, you can't. One roll of 1D6 could influence the other, and because they are two independant movement rolls they must be conducted seperately. I mean it's possible to handwave it with the oppoments permission, but otherwise it's a very clunky movement system.

Agree to disagree. If I decide to do my rolls separately but still activate one unit at a time, there is no difference. i.e. I roll a 4 for for my unit of brutes. I move 4. I then roll a 3 for the same unit. I move them another 3. If I am going to move the same unit twice in a row, there is no reason not to add them together. 

You might think to yourself, "Well, one of your Ironfist rolls might take you out of range of your RD roll."  You're right, it might. Which is why I would consider the first part of my movement to be my RD roll. 

I truly and honestly implore you to give me a scenario in which rolling them together would be "clunky". Seriously, if there is something I am not thinking of, please let me know. If anything, it's more efficient. 

On 2/23/2017 at 7:08 AM, Chris Tomlin said:

I would advise against suggesting changes to warscrolls in your feedback. That is not something relevant to the General's Handbook. Try to keep it to points changes and battlefield role amendments.

Probably useful to back up your suggestions with reasoning/context as well.

Good luck! :) 

My apologies for the jagged-gore hackas.

As for context, I don't need to say what's been said so many times before. I'm just adding another tally to the list. I appreciate this thread and the community outreach greatly. I didn't want to bloat it with repetitive information.

I'd like to see a rework of the artifacts they're a little lack lustre (excluding battle brew) and the blade of unpronounceablness in just downright undestruction. 

Orruk Warbosses are really over pointed 140 is the same cost as a Megaboss and they aren't at that level, even with the better synergy of their command ability. They probably closer to 100 pts. 

Boar Chariots probably need a bit of a drop too probably around the 60 put mark. 

Orruks Boyz seem overpriced but I think they are ok espically with one of each banner and they do get much better in high numbers. 

Savage Orruks boys are okish at 100 2 wounds is great but everything else in a bit meh. 

Savage Orruk Arrowboyz need to go up. I think we've got to own this one two wounds, two ranged attack rising  to 3s in numbers they need to be higher possible 140-150 pts. 

I also really hope we see smaller minimum unit sizes for all grots (to correspond to their warscrolls for units of 10).  

Wouldn't this also allow for more flexibility in buying units of 30 or 50?  Do TOd usually let folks buy in blocks of 10 after the initial 20 or is it 20-40-60?

Would also be great to have Ardboyz back at 5 minimum - although this would not be consistent with the current warscroll vs. the old black orcs, but if the GH can override warscroll to require more, then why not also to require less?

Squigs would also be fun as moonclan battleline, perhaps with caveats as above on squig riding general (perhaps just for hoppers) and maybe for cave squigs if have the warboss with squig.

Ok, a bit OT but really hoping to see a moonclan book with all kinds of fun new things that could be done from horde bases of squiglings to heavier squig cavalry, more battalions, etc. :) 

On 23/02/2017 at 7:44 AM, Lord Biscuit said:

On those points: 'ardboys being battleline might defeat point of Ironjawz, though then again even within the lore 'ardboys are a outlier anyways. Brutes and grunters being also battleline under pure ironjawz probably makes a good deal more sense if Games workshop would RELEASE ANOTHER UNIT FOR IRONJAWZ INSTEAD OF SPOILING THE STORMCAST ALL THE TIME WITH SPACEMARINE RETORIC. I mean seriously, those guys have enough units and heroes in that faction then both bonespillters and ironjaws put together. xD If we got more units I could support 'ardboys being battleline all the time; makes it possible to mix a little without having to build an entirely different army.

Otherwise largely agreed. Troggoths and Gargants should be a law onto themselves; that any list could pick up a limited number of them without breaking alliance; largely because destruction has a reputation for being a bit more disorderly.

I agree with Ard Boyz as battle line. I think we need to be able to mix and match our destruction factions more easily. There are a ton of stories about destruction factions coming together against a common for in the name of Gorkamorka, but we can't effectively do that without compromising fluff in this current iteration of the GH. 

I'd like to see a return to "points per model" pricing. Keep the minimum and maximum unit sizes as they are, but if I field eleven Ardboyz it should only cost me 198 points, not 360... Sometimes you just have an extra model kicking around or you just want to plug those last few points.

I can understand the hate on the kunnin rukk and Arrow boys, and I can even agree that Arrow boys should probably be closer to 120, as they are substantially better than savage orruks for the same price. However the question is what does the faction have left when you take that away? It's a glass cannon army with many hard counters, and it's being proposed that we take away their cannon. Yes it's too good. Yes it's a crutch, but the army has to lean on it for a reason. The army is fragile, and doesn't generate enough volume of wounds from other units. It has very limited access to mortal wounds through spells and big stabbas. In fact big stabbas are the only source quality damage, but statistically your paying 100 points for a 8 wound unit that will most likely land once per combat round. The army needs an overhaul before you nerf the one thing it has going for it.

I see a lot of love for troggoths and gargants on this thread, and I agree! What I would really like to see is the ability to take a limited number of outside units without breaking allegiance. This would be for all armies. This way a death army can add a Necromancer to something like a Deathrattle army without messing up future allegiance abilities. Or I could take a rogue Idol in bonesplitterz army. 

That being said, I wouldn't mind fellwater troggoths being batlleline in a fellwater allegiance (there is the FW hag after all, and merwyrm gaining fellwater key word wouldn't hurt my feelings either!). An all troggoth army would be terrible but hilarious.

I would also like to see the rest of the factions updated for the path to glory section.

Archived