AoS Cities of Sigmar Battletome 2023 Discussion

yup,thalia worth 70€, the 120€  that gw want charge us is a rip off.

i wont get her untill she is in a battleforce or vanguard,i gonna be happy to miss her and get karl franz for half price and more cool loking,also i can use him in aos and old world.

Edited by Doko
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Well, back to the drawing board it is for me and my expansion of the army box.

image.png.81fe8dc6f257496388168e56baf7a164.pngOn the flipside, means the army box has better value points wise (it's 580 pts now, much better than 95% of Combat Patrol boxes) so that means less boxes to buy and less minis to paint to expand. Nerf still hurts though, I feel they went a bit too far on the Fusiliers with that one.

14 hours ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Well, back to the drawing board it is for me and my expansion of the army box.

image.png.81fe8dc6f257496388168e56baf7a164.png

170p for fusiliers seems to follow the same pattern as Grundstock Thunderers (165p). Their damage is close to be the same, a bit better for Special Weapon Thunderers with a 3+ save. Instead, Fusiliers are 10-man with Fortified Positions and easier to access a battleline status.

But both units need a full support-crew (exactly 840 points of support units for Thunderers) to make them shine.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Morathi is my Goddess said:

I'd run her in a recursion castle list. 30 fusiliers. 30 to 40 steelhelms and a freeguild command squad.

But I'm with Doko on this GW is having a laugh at that $ price point lol

She seems like a piece with some competitive viability, but not in any of the lists I am personally interested in running. Since you need to really make use of her 4+ rally to make her worth her points, I really only see her used in horde lists. And painting a horde Cities army sounds like a pain.

That combined with her price makes me want to sit out on getting her for now. Maybe next edition.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Yeah she does the same amount of damage as a Griffon charging with the hammer artifact. She does more damage in the next fight phase since the Griffon loses the charge bonus on the lance. The 70 points difference is all for that rally on a 4+ in combat but it can be so situational. Now as I read it she only need to be in combat for the 4+ rally which makes it nice since 10 knights can blow up stuff and end up out of combat. She is situational but also she only 340 points. She does more damage then Belthanos if that anything.

image.png.aab0ff956b18454f7aa0eb975c3a615a.png

Looking at trying a bit of a mixed list. Been very slow to to start assembling and painting due to real life stuff but this is what I'm currently aiming to paint up first. Fits in two battle regiments.

Freeguild Griffon General with damage relic and can't be wounded on better than 4+

Alchemite Warforger

Cavalier Marshal

20 Fusiliers

10 Steel Helms

Free Guild Command Corps

Wildercorps Hunters

Freeguild Cavaliers

5 Drakespawn Knights

5 Drakespawn Knights

Drakespawn Chariot

Drakespawn Chariot

Drakespawn Chariot

Plan was for a somewhat reasonable list without spamming anything. 

On 11/13/2023 at 5:47 PM, loky100 said:

Yeah she does the same amount of damage as a Griffon charging with the hammer artifact. She does more damage in the next fight phase since the Griffon loses the charge bonus on the lance. The 70 points difference is all for that rally on a 4+ in combat but it can be so situational. Now as I read it she only need to be in combat for the 4+ rally which makes it nice since 10 knights can blow up stuff and end up out of combat. She is situational but also she only 340 points. She does more damage then Belthanos if that anything.

image.png.aab0ff956b18454f7aa0eb975c3a615a.png

Cool thanks for the data. I think the internet is tending to side against us on if if she can rez humans that are not in combat. RAW both her and humans have to both be in combat but that seems suuuuper situational for that cost. Hopefully it is corrected soon.

Also keep in mind Belthanos adds two EXTREMELY valuable abilities to the sylvaneth army (advance and charge and retreat and charge) and has much better saves 3+/5+ vs 4+/6+. So even if she surpasses him in damage he still dwarfs her in terms of value. 

That being said the Lioness model is 10/10 and I will absolutely be using her but i'm gonna be mad about her cost everytime I put her into a list. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JackStreicher said:

I also struggle to include more than 10 steelhelms (other options are way better imo).

What's your experience with this?

I find the do OK in game in a unit of 10. Their 4+, 6++ is tanky enough not to die to throwaway attcks, so that is nice. If you are going mostly humans, anyway, then I think the benefits over the cheaper Dreadspears are worth it.

I suspect there is play in 20 man units if you actually invest in them. They can receive all the HUMAN buffs, after all (counting double on objectives, mortals on 6s, 5+ ward, human orders...).

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

I also struggle to include more than 10 steelhelms (other options are way better imo).

I always bring one unit of steelhelms since one squad unlocks 1 unit of Fusiliers AND 1 unit of Wildercorps as battleline. (the app has this wrong but thats how the book reads). I don't see any reason to bring two unless you just don't have points for wildercorps.

Wildercorps outperform Steelhelms in every way that matters and get a free pregame move which is absolutely huge for screening. 

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

yes,i have 40 and never used more than 10.

and i only play 10 to unlock fusilers as line and can bring a block of 30

they must cost 80 for the low damage and stats that they have.

inside battleline we have so many better less bad options( every battleline is bad) as longbeards or dreadspears to buff sorcererss.

i think i gonna bring 0 now that i gonna try lists without fusilers

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Doko said:

the problem is that the mortal wound spell is imposible to get it off this season with the enemy burning all their primal dices to cancel it.

and without the spell you get 420 points of a unit with 0 damage

Odds are in your favour for getting it off if you play Hallowheart.

They are also otherwise in your favour if you burn your own primal dice on the spell unless your opponent has +2 to unbind.