AoS 3.0 - Ogor Mawtribes Discussion

Charleston

6 hours ago, Schauer said:

So with that Kragnos update despite his point cost I think its safe to say he's almost an auto-include at this point right? 3D6 charges for ogors is pretty devastating on paper but the bubble is pretty small

I wouldn't say an auto include, but he's a legitimate option now. Very deadly running with some frost lords. One of our group will cause carnage with that. The points drop on gnoblars is fun. Might eventually try and make a tidal wave of gnoblars. XD Become the danger GW thinks hordes are. Tyrant's drop is nice, but I don't think it'll change much, and as much as I love gnoblars, the points drops aren't going to be changing many lists here. 

Overwatch nerf is nice. No heroic recovery in combat will help us in grind fights I feel. (Opponents are more effected than we are) The nerf to amulet is a nerf-buff. The poor huscard will no longer be stone horn tough but we won't have to fight it as much. Gotrek went up by 50pts ... and that hasn't prevented anyone in my area from taking him still. *sigh* Oh well. My current list is actually good at dealing with him fortunately. Save stacking is annoying still, but it's harder to unleash hell from the back field. 

My gungres list is 20 pts cheaper ... still would rather have my triumph than the unit of cats I can now afford. XP It'll take a few games to get a real feel for the changes. I think the game will be a bit healthier from this. Now to make my own ogres. 

Happy Holidays, y'all.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

At this 3K point event I had 4 Megagargants (3 Gateys, 1 Kraken, and 1 Mancrusher), and Kragnos.  Fought Nurgle, Nighthaunt, Tzeentch Horror spam with Kairos/LOC, Legion of Belakor w all 4 named Greater Ds, and OBR.  Went 2-2-1 Minor win.  Kragnos had no good targets most of the time, and was easily tarpitted by Plaguebearers and Nagash/Arkhan and Horrors.  He got punked by Belakor, then skewered by Shalaxi Helbane.........HOWEVER, the winner of that event had the exact same army as me BUT faced 3 Sons of Behemat armies, and Kragnos did major work in those games because of complete lack of screens and tarpits.  Luck of the matchup.  Also certain armies scale up better than others, and SoBs do not really benefit much from scaling whereas all those Daemon and synergistic armies do....Ogors I would say scale up better than SoBs but not as much as some others.

With his new rules I do expect Kragnos to really do much better as he actually supports the army rather than just romp around on his own.  Maybe take a FLoSH with him using Touched by Everwinter, or just HoTT, and try to pray Bless on him for a 6+ ward save.  It's at least something vs MW.  The high objective model count thing is also awesome, and now Kraggy can take on a big weakling horde without much fear if there are not any big monsters to crash into at the time.

Anyone else having a genuine frustrating time getting a good list close to 2000? Seems like every combination I like ends up being minimum 20 under, often 30 or 40. The fact our cheapest unit is 55 and only rapidly goes up from there makes it tougher than I first thought

21 minutes ago, Kazimer said:

Anyone else having a genuine frustrating time getting a good list close to 2000? Seems like every combination I like ends up being minimum 20 under, often 30 or 40. The fact our cheapest unit is 55 and only rapidly goes up from there makes it tougher than I first thought

Dont sweat it - just take the triumph. It's a mistake to swap units in and out that you don't want just to hit 2000 on the nose.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TheArborealWalrus said:

Not sure if you're talking about the HoTT or Kragnos, but Papa K has a natural 6+ ward from his shield now.

Happy Holidays y'all.

Ooh wow, didn't see that part!  

Here's a stupid list to capitalize those 3D6 charges:

No Mawtribe/Dominating Presence/not sure about best Triumph for it yet.....

720  Kragnos

125  Icebrow Hunter (general, Winter Ranger)

165  Frost Sabres 3x2

960  Single Gorger x12

1970 Total

Only 4 cats and 9 Gorgers away from this stunning spoiler possibly destined to go 3 out of 5 or better at Adepticon 2022!

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, Lord Krungharr said:

Ooh wow, didn't see that part!  

Here's a stupid list to capitalize those 3D6 charges:

No Mawtribe/Dominating Presence/not sure about best Triumph for it yet.....

720  Kragnos

125  Icebrow Hunter (general, Winter Ranger)

165  Frost Sabres 3x2

960  Single Gorger x12

1970 Total

Only 4 cats and 9 Gorgers away from this stunning spoiler possibly destined to go 3 out of 5 or better at Adepticon 2022!

That list is something else. I feel like it will struggle in objective game. I’d change out for a Butcher and a bunch of lead belchers. Less charge goodness, but more versatility and some shooting. Especially in underguts 

15 hours ago, Mokoshkana said:

That list is something else. I feel like it will struggle in objective game. I’d change out for a Butcher and a bunch of lead belchers. Less charge goodness, but more versatility and some shooting. Especially in underguts 

Yeah I was thinking for a real game the leadbelchers and Butcher/Slaughtermaster would probably be wiser.  Nevertheless, this weekend I'll proxy test the big Gorger version vs my new Dwarf army from Tempest's Eye.  Fun times ahead, Merry Christmas or other Solstice derived holiday!

• LOVE IT! 1

I really really like the look of that gorgers list. 3d6 charges with a reroll is a lot of potential. 

I still think you want a FLoSH in there,l, to have a second real threat. And maybe a wizard because mystic shield is so good.

Something like.

- Army Faction: Ogor Mawtribes

- Subfaction: Bloodgullet

LEADERS

Butcher (135)

Frostlord on Stonehorn (430)

-artifact splatter cleaver

- metalcruncher

Icebrow Hunter (125)

- General

- Command Traits: ‘Nice Drop of the Red Stuff!’

Kragnos (720)

BATTLELINE

2 x Frost Sabres (55)

2 x Frost Sabres (55)

2 x Frost Sabres (55)

OTHER

1 x Gorgers (80)

1 x Gorgers (80)

1 x Gorgers (80)

1 x Gorgers (80)

20 x Gnoblars (120)

TOTAL POINTS: 2015/2000

• Like 2

The biggest problem i see is battle line. Gluttons are just so awful with the new coherency rules. Most likely you want a FLOSH general but then for battleline, Stonehorn beast riders are just not as good as FLOSH and give up VP. 

Then I'm looking at a nonflosh general to get either dogs as battleline who don't accomplis much or an ogre general for ironguts, but then 3 units of ironguts is a lot of points

Maybe i should look at mornfangs again.

4 hours ago, Frowny said:

The biggest problem i see is battle line. Gluttons are just so awful with the new coherency rules. Most likely you want a FLOSH general but then for battleline, Stonehorn beast riders are just not as good as FLOSH and give up VP. 

Then I'm looking at a nonflosh general to get either dogs as battleline who don't accomplis much or an ogre general for ironguts, but then 3 units of ironguts is a lot of points

Maybe i should look at mornfangs again.

Or look at an Icebrow Hunter with cats. It is the cheapest way to get BCR into a list and tick all of the requirements. Plus being able to ambush the hunter and a unit of cats can do things like auto complete the battle tactic that requires two units in an enemy deployment zone. 

• Like 1

On 12/17/2021 at 11:26 PM, Mutton said:

Anyone else notice the App has Orruk Warclans trolls as allies?

Yeah it's been noticed since the app officially came out. Unfortunately it isn't recognized by most people because our official allies are gloomspite gits trogoths. We probably won't see orruk clan trogoth allies until June with ghb2022.

Edited by Fiddybucks

Fought Stormcast today, Feral Foray, never done that mission before.

I had Bloodgullet/Tyrant (general, Trophy Rack)/Slaughtermaster (Ribcracker,Bloodfeast)/FLoSH (splatter cleaver)/3x4 Leadbelchers/1x8  Ironguts/3 Gorgers

He had Hammers of Sigmar/Gavriel Sureheart/Lord Imperitant/Lord Relictor/3 Annhilators/3 Longstrike Raptors/3 Birds/5 Judicators/15 Sequitors/10 Vindictors/5 Evocators w grandstaves on foot.  I foolishly let him go first, thinking I can weather the storm and double turn him.  WRONG.

He shot up the Frostlord enough that when the Annhilators dropped and then charged him POOF goodbye Frostlord.  Wasn't thinking very clearly today, shoulda NOT deployed the FLoSH in clear line of sight of anyone.  Didn't realize how amazebals Judicators were now with their MW on 6s, and apparently the Longstrikes have that too?  The Annhilators also then piled into the Ironguts and Tyrant in the center doing some damage there and killing the Tyrant, but then they got erased by the Ironguts.

My Leadbelchers moved up and shot some birds, Gorgers nearly nabbed a back objective but failed a charge and 1 got Unleash-Helled.  Their charges didn't do much either.  Ironguts got the birds, then later got crowded by Vindictors and then later Sequitors.  The Leadbelchers held out for a good while even after everything else folded.

Bottom of Turn 2 Slaughtermaster went monstrous and finished off Gavriel after the Leadbelchers softened him up, so I reclaimed and objective for Conquer.  Turn 3 bottom my last Leadbelchers very nearly got Broken Ranks on the Vindictors who had run up to my central objective (Longstrikes had teleported to my right zone objective).  Vindictors had 6 models left I think, and Leadbelchers shot off 2 of them.  I had a 5" charge, rolled a 3 and had no CPs.  DRATS!  No Battle Tactic, just a point for holding 1 objective.

I got turn 4 Priority, killed another one but had no acheivable battle tactic.  Then.....failed another charge with a snake-eyes!  Miserable miserable loss. 

Even had I gone first not real sure if the FLoSH getting in there would have helped too much.  The Vindictors and Sequitors could certainly have held him off.  If the Gorgers could have survived and tied up the shooty guys then maybe I would have had a chance, but they're so flimsy, really just good for Savage Spearhead, and maybe Ferocious Advance with 3 of them.  Almost don't want them near anyone really.  Besides the Frost Sabres w Hunter we don't have much in the way of strong fancy pants recon units.

Next list will be a Hunter (general, Winter Ranger), 3x2 Frost Sabres for battleline, a FLoSH, Kragnos, and a Gatebreaker.  F it!

IMG_20211227_124818.jpg

IMG_20211227_124825.jpg

IMG_20211227_134450.jpg

IMG_20211227_134456.jpg

IMG_20211227_143345.jpg

• Like 3

Getting a couple of lists built up to use Krag at the moment when I start playing some more after the new year

Allegiance: Ogor Mawtribes
- Grand Strategy: Beast Master
- Triumphs:

Leaders
Frostlord on Stonehorn (430)
- Artefact: Alvagr Rune-tokens
- Mount Trait: Metalcruncher
Hrothgorn (170)*
- General
Kragnos, The End of Empires (720)*

Battleline
6 x Ogor Gluttons (250)*
- Clubs or Blades with Iron Fists
2 x Frost Sabres (55)*
2 x Frost Sabres (55)*

Behemoths
Stonehorn Beastriders (320)*

Core Battalions
*Battle Regiment

This list im not sure how itll go. I like the idea of multiple stonehorns to wreak havoc but on the other hand im probably getting bad value out of unbuffed gluttons.

- Mawtribe: Thunderbellies
- Grand Strategy: Beast Master
- Triumphs:

Leaders
Huskard on Thundertusk (335)
- General
- Chaintrap
- Artefact: Shatterstone
- Mount Trait: Rimefrost Hide
- Prayer: Keening Gale
Slaughtermaster (140)*
- Lore of Gutmagic: Blood Feast

Battleline
2 x Mournfang Pack (160)*
- Gargant Hackers
4 x Mournfang Pack (320)*
- Gargant Hackers
- Reinforced x 1
4 x Mournfang Pack (320)*
- Gargant Hackers
- Reinforced x 1

This one is definitely gambling on some good alpha strike damage. I think thunderbellies is great to begin with but the 18 inch charge range on top of a run means they are going to be a turn 1 threat. I brought battle reg on board to make sure I win priority turn 1 (or make them go first)

• Like 1

Picked up kragnos after the new change and it has me hyped to actually paint that ogor army on the shelf. I was thinking about a silly leadbelcher/kragnos combo list, but i'm struggling to decide which I should go for.

Version 1:

- Mawtribe: None
- Grand Strategy:
- Triumphs:
Icebrow Hunter (125)*
- General
- Command Trait: Winter Ranger
- Artefact: Kattanak Browplate
Slaughtermaster (140)*
4 x Frost Sabres (110)*
- Reinforced x 1
2 x Frost Sabres (55)*
2 x Frost Sabres (55)*
8 x Leadbelchers (360)*
- Reinforced x 1
8 x Leadbelchers (360)*
- Reinforced x 1
Soulscream Bridge (70)
*Battle Regiment

Total: 1995 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 3 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 112
Drops: 1

Version 2:

- Mawtribe: Underguts
- Grand Strategy:
- Triumphs:

Leaders
Slaughtermaster (140)*
- General
- Command Trait: Mass of Scars
- Artefact: Gnoblar Blast Keg
- Lore of Gutmagic: Ribcracker

Battleline
12 x Leadbelchers (540)*
- Reinforced x 2
6 x Ogor Gluttons (260)*
- Clubs or Blades with Iron Fists
4 x Ironguts (245)*

Endless Spells & Invocations
Soulscream Bridge (70)

Core Battalions
*Battle Regiment

Total: 1975 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 2 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 113
Drops: 1

Version 1 has a strong cp engine in winter ranger, which enables powerful unleash ****** and all out attacks, but the leadbelchers are only in 8s so even one casualty turns off the good ogor charge, version 2 has a 12 model unit and the 18" range but less cp. 

Version 1 seems more powerful to me but i'm not sure.

I'm also really keen on Kragnos with his new rules.

Lead belchers seems to have poor synergy with him as far as I can tell. You want to be both charging a unit of 8 for those impacts and using unleash hell. You'll be investing points in both and I suppose the utility is handy but it's points that feel hard to maximize return on.

I've been thinking Kragnos, Frostlord Stonehorn, firebelly, 4x moungfang in units of 2, and cogs. In thunderbellies as a two drop list.

Usually to counter Kragnos you'd try and spread out and screen, but then you'll get alpha'd by Mournfang.

8 hours ago, Arkahn said:

Hello guys ! 

How are you playing Kraggy in bloodgullet sub-allegiance ? Do he gets the extra pile-in from the command trait, if we consider the warmaster rule ? 

Last sentence of warmaster states that although you still get access to those abilities he would not benefit from them.

On 1/2/2022 at 2:15 AM, Rors said:

I'm also really keen on Kragnos with his new rules.

Lead belchers seems to have poor synergy with him as far as I can tell. You want to be both charging a unit of 8 for those impacts and using unleash hell. You'll be investing points in both and I suppose the utility is handy but it's points that feel hard to maximize return on.

I've been thinking Kragnos, Frostlord Stonehorn, firebelly, 4x moungfang in units of 2, and cogs. In thunderbellies as a two drop list.

Usually to counter Kragnos you'd try and spread out and screen, but then you'll get alpha'd by Mournfang.

I think kragnos is fine with leadbelchers, cheapest way for gutbusters to get up to 8 models for the better ogor charge at the moment, and when combining shooting, mortals on the charge, and combat leadbelchers can get some respectable damage, especially if you combo it with bridge so they get their d6 shots. You should be able to pretty easily clear a screen to charge whatever is behind it too.
Here are some numbers:
Notes: All out attack was used for the shooting on leadbelchers and I only put 5/8 & 7/12 models fighting in melee. Ironguts got AOA on their melee and are here for comparison
image.png.229fa94c5a14819bdd6b3bcb398d716f.png

So on top of this you would have the mortals from the ogor charge but you would need bridge to really pull this off as an alpha since otherwise you would only be on d3 shots.
You're definitely losing some damage here, but having the ability to clear screens and project power has its utility.

Hmmm, 8 Leadbelchers vs a SHBR.....that's a tough choice.  4 wounds gone and the Leadbelchers lose the super charge bonus, but still have model count and ranged effect.  But are 12 SHBR wounds with the 4+/5++ more durable actually than 32 5+ Leadbelcher wounds?  Not sure, doesn't quite seem like it, but I like the speed of the SHBR for sure.