AoS 3.0 - Ogor Mawtribes Discussion

Charleston

I think he’s a Man Eater, he’s too Beastclaw Raider looking to be a Gutbuster what with the Everwinter aesthetic, fur pelts, crossbow and javelins they all like to use.

As a Man Eater he gets to still be a BCR but loses the keyword so he can operate for any tribe like Blackpowder can despite being a Gutbuster in turn.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Walrustaco said:

Big fan of this new art!9308EF81-C15C-48B1-953A-D2107876D4C8.jpeg.19096e537f71998713522e84660e460f.jpeg

we also got a peek at the contents page:01901923-F297-4D2E-9A87-5FF5ACBBBA43.jpeg.5b60261ffdfe3231f9e5111bc033da3d.jpeg

My biggest hope for the new book, above anything else is a buff to Leadbelchers.

Same here

15 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Its stunning.

It is.

Already a better book then the skaven one.

i hope the rest won’t be a reprint like the skaven tome, that was poorly done 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

he’s too Beastclaw Raider looking to be a Gutbuster

Yes. His look makes me think the same. But look at his position in the image of the Contents. The warscrolls. He is flat in-between the Gutbuster warscrolls. No two ways about it. The blackpowder warscrolls are between the two factions. But the new hunter is clearly in the gutbuster section.

Edit: spelling

Edited by Duke of Mousillon

18 hours ago, Duke of Mousillon said:

Yes. His look makes me think the same. But look at his position in the image of the Contents. The warscrolls. He is flat in-between the Gutbuster warscrolls. No two ways about it. The blackpowder warscrolls are between the two factions. But the new hunter is clearly in the gutbuster section.

Edit: spelling

Yeah but if he’s a Man-Eater then it doesn’t matter because he won’t have either Keyword anyway to place him down with the BCR.

He’d be up there purely out of hero order just like Blackpowder is in the middle with the other UnderWorlds units.(and possibly could be a priest since he’s under the Wizards?)

I find it far more likely that someone touched by the Everwinter, dresses like the BCR and uses their signature crossbows & javelins is just among the Gutbusters as a Man-Eater Beastclaw mercenary.(plus his trailer is him taking contract jobs in a blizzard suiting such a hybrid of Everwinter mercenary)

If he was a Gutbuster…he’d have a Gut.(it’s an important distinction, there’s multiple friendlier Order Ogors like the Cursed City one and Drekki Flynt’s crew mate noted to both be thinner and more reasonably because they aren’t Gutbusters who pride themselves on being fat gluttonous bullies. Flynt’s even puts down his food so he can join a brawl to help the Kharadron crew)

So I’m very confident that’s the reasoning here. He’s really a BCR but the Man-Eater overrides that and fits him under Gutbusters as a freelancer.

(And hopefully will tie into the Warcry Bloodhunt with a warband of Bloodpelt Hunter Man-Eaters)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

taking tis list to a turnnament next veck hops mor for fun games then wins

Allegiance: Ogor Mawtribes
Mawtribe: Bloodgullet
Grand Strategy: NO PLACE FOR THE WEEK
Triumphs: BLOODTHIRSTY
LEADERS
Butcher (135)** - General - Command Trait: Nice Drop of the Red Stuff! - Cleaver - Artefact: Splatter-cleaver - Bloodgullet 2nd Spell: Ribcracker - Lore of Gutmagic: Blood Feast
Frostlord on Stonehorn (430)** - Artefact: Arcane Tome - Mount Trait: Black Clatterhorn - Universal Spell Lore: Flaming Weapon
UNITS
8 x Leadbelchers (360)*
8 x Ironguts (470)*
12 x Ogor Gluttons (500)* - Pairs of Clubs or Blades
CORE BATTALIONS
*Bounty Hunters
**Command Entourage - Magnificent ADDITIONAL ENHANCEMENTS Artefact
TOTAL: 1895/2000 WOUNDS: 132 LEADERS: 2/6 BATTLELINES: 3 (3+) BEHEMOTHS: 1/4 ARTILLERY: 0/4 ARTEFACTS: 2/1 ENDLESS SPELLS & INVOCATIONS: 0/3 ALLIES: 0/400 REINFORCED UNITS: 3/4 DROPS: 5

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

On 9/25/2022 at 2:44 AM, Fellman said:

taking tis list to a turnnament next veck hops mor for fun games then wins

Allegiance: Ogor Mawtribes
Mawtribe: Bloodgullet
Grand Strategy: NO PLACE FOR THE WEEK
Triumphs: BLOODTHIRSTY
LEADERS
Butcher (135)** - General - Command Trait: Nice Drop of the Red Stuff! - Cleaver - Artefact: Splatter-cleaver - Bloodgullet 2nd Spell: Ribcracker - Lore of Gutmagic: Blood Feast
Frostlord on Stonehorn (430)** - Artefact: Arcane Tome - Mount Trait: Black Clatterhorn - Universal Spell Lore: Flaming Weapon
UNITS
8 x Leadbelchers (360)*
8 x Ironguts (470)*
12 x Ogor Gluttons (500)* - Pairs of Clubs or Blades
CORE BATTALIONS
*Bounty Hunters
**Command Entourage - Magnificent ADDITIONAL ENHANCEMENTS Artefact
TOTAL: 1895/2000 WOUNDS: 132 LEADERS: 2/6 BATTLELINES: 3 (3+) BEHEMOTHS: 1/4 ARTILLERY: 0/4 ARTEFACTS: 2/1 ENDLESS SPELLS & INVOCATIONS: 0/3 ALLIES: 0/400 REINFORCED UNITS: 3/4 DROPS: 5

What can you get for 105 points?  

I just ordered a bunch of these Necromunda Ogryn heads as I think these are THE best ogor head designs I've yet to see. Perfect blend of monster and man. 

Screenshot_20220929-152246_eBay.jpg.a4d369b96555bce9af175a333a21053d.jpg

My question is this, anyone have an exact size reference to current ogor heads? Ive looked up a few pics and they seem to be slightly smaller than gluttons, etc, but slightly bigger than the coming bloodpelt hunter (if he is indeed on a 40mm. 🤞 for a 50mm)

Appreciate any feedback. 

Edited by Vasshpit

Won 1 lost 4 this weakend whit my gutbuster arme stormdrak guard and fulminetors killed me in the first game, stormcast depstriked my back objektivs and sebastin cartolso killed my glutons in game 2 and 3, i stemrolld a skaven arme and was out grinded by a slaanesh arme  game 5 but had a wonderful time and ended upp 33 of 38 players
image.jpeg.51df38338db0188bb9f36d8e3fa6f7aa.jpeg

image.jpeg.3a58c68428932ecec53470b895a6a2a8.jpeg

310227040_765590534675363_2246789866363597441_n.jpg.5433686bd54ba5363006f042747066bd.jpg310464618_482250533826967_4734561079673942098_n.jpg.140b93fc7a56dab784c9a63a6df0ce24.jpg309953843_485175500158068_3659029435126485322_n.jpg.08cb95709d52d0652a275a9f359247ff.jpg310015338_625512845870274_3480927095989577884_n.jpg.2aff1e5c8d787434ee9538304204da18.jpg

• Like 3

How did the leadbelchers do for you? I've been wondering about them with the unleash hell ability, with d6 attacks per. 

I cant' wait for the new tome... I feel like ogors especially have been a bit lackluster. They basically gave their best thing (2 on objectives, monsters count more) to everyone, for free, while simultaneously destroying the ability to get big units into combat AND giving everyone +1 damage against them. It has seemed pretty punishing. 

48 minutes ago, Frowny said:

How did the leadbelchers do for you? I've been wondering about them with the unleash hell ability, with d6 attacks per. 

Thay worked quite welll ther rend -1 in close combat does a lot compared to glutons vs things like stormcasts that has lots of 3+ save
unleash has not done much for me hiting on 5+ but fireing while in combat has worked fine  i us allout attac on ther shoting wen i have the CP to sper

I hope for a new tome to pley them for real

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ogorek said:

Hey brand new player here, my local store is holding an escalation league with armies starting at 500 points. I was hoping to get some advice on an army list that would be good to learn with and not suck to play. Any advice would be appreciated!

Certainly mate, just send it to use and I’m very certain you’ll get a great review

1 hour ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Certainly mate, just send it to use and I’m very certain you’ll get a great review

We’ll I was thinking I could go with a huskard on stonehorn with a pair of mournfang pack, that fills out the 500 perfectly. Or go gut busters with a butcher or slaughtermaster, leadbelchers, and maneaters maybe? I’ve never played before aside from the intro, so optimizing lists let alone artifacts, battalions, and sub factions seems like a lot.

So far with some of the rule changes dripping out underguts looks to be super strong

D6 damage changing to D3+3. No more feeling bad on rolling 1 damage on a Literal cannonball getting shot into you

Underguts faction will make them effectively rend 3. Hopefully gruesome trophy rack stays to guarantee their +1 to hits.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Schauer said:

So far with some of the rule changes dripping out underguts looks to be super strong

D6 damage changing to D3+3. No more feeling bad on rolling 1 damage on a Literal cannonball getting shot into you

Underguts faction will make them effectively rend 3. Hopefully gruesome trophy rack stays to guarantee their +1 to hits.

Where did you see these changes?

21 hours ago, Schauer said:

Yesss,

apparently my pirate ogors are becoming competitive😂

Like the two changes. Range generally seems to be one of the biggest buffs you can give a unit. And the Ironguts rule actually seems impactful now.

Very curious about the line "Used to weathering damage", as if implying Ogres can take a lot of punishment which isnt really the case. Not sure if its a "Just a deadly" type line, or if we have rules to make us more of an anvil army.

Lets hope I can finally feel good about putting my gutbusters on the table, with some mournfang cav.

20 hours ago, Shankelton said:

Like the two changes. Range generally seems to be one of the biggest buffs you can give a unit. And the Ironguts rule actually seems impactful now.

Very curious about the line "Used to weathering damage", as if implying Ogres can take a lot of punishment which isnt really the case. Not sure if its a "Just a deadly" type line, or if we have rules to make us more of an anvil army.

Lets hope I can finally feel good about putting my gutbusters on the table, with some mournfang cav.

Same hope here.

8 hours ago, Frowny said:

My personal hope is that ogres go to 5 wounds but maybe with a worse save.

The bucket o'wounds defence see interesting compared to all the save stacking out there.

Maybe 5bwounds and a 4up save, this seems to be happening somewhat often and theoretically if that is the case we might also see a slight points increase