AoS 3 - Daughters of Khaine Discussion

Chumphammer

30 minutes ago, KrispyXIV said:

It's actually kindof shocking that stayed!  Rerolls for life. 

I wonder - do we have ANY bonuses to casting in book now?  Rerolls, bonus artefacts, etc?  Since it sounds like Morathi is no longer +1...

I know Doomfires previously had a +1 to cast, but the Lore for the book being limited to DoK heroes kindof kept them from anything good...

Doomfires can have +1 if 5 or more

Shadowstone is still +1

1 hour ago, KrispyXIV said:

It's actually kindof shocking that stayed!  Rerolls for life. 

I wonder - do we have ANY bonuses to casting in book now?  Rerolls, bonus artefacts, etc?  Since it sounds like Morathi is no longer +1...

I know Doomfires previously had a +1 to cast, but the Lore for the book being limited to DoK heroes kindof kept them from anything good...

Does it matter, really? I don't know about you but I don't think I've had a cast go off unbound this entire edition. Between Croak, Teclis, and just failing the die roll, I've accepted that magic won't ever do much for me.

Edited by Rebluff

55 minutes ago, Rebluff said:

Does it matter, really? I don't know about you but I don't think I've had a cast go off unbound this entire edition. Between Croak, Teclis, and just failing the die roll, I've accepted that magic won't ever do much for me.

I mean, I play against a lot of nurgle, std, BoC, IJ, SBGL, SCE and IDK.  

I'm unlikely to see Teclis or Kroak outside of an event,  which is a tiny minority of my games. 

Access to magic rerolls (master of magic)  and a +1 may matter a lot for me, if that doesn't cost me my sub faction. 

Edited by KrispyXIV

Just now, Chumphammer said:

Doomfires can take book spells 

Awesome!  They updated the lore then.

I was so dissappointed when it looked like their scroll changed to allow them to do so, but the lore still prevented it.

Thats big for justifying their typically inflated cost.

• Like 1

Yeah that definitely makes Doomfires more attractive. 

I'm very excited for Blood Sisters given what I've read. Am I right in understanding they now do their mortal wounds after they attack and not at the end of the phase? If that's the case, with the roll now also being on a 2+, that's a pretty hefty boost. 

Noticed a pre-emptive FAQ regarding using 'At the Double' and abilities that modify run rolls aka Blood Rites table.

Q: If a unit receives the ‘At the Double’ command, do any rules that
affect run rolls still apply?
A: No.

So no automatic 7 inch runs.

Yeah, they added that in the latest set of FAQs, not sure quite who was frequently asking that question, and it has the feel of an answer where they didn't totally think of all the possible ramifications.  But on the plus side it does make it easier to break through any abilities which halve or otherwise reduce run rolls too.

6 minutes ago, Gokken said:

If avatars stays at 120, they seem really good.

Leak on Reddit puts them up to 155... doesn't seem to hot to me.

Point changes put my list with Morathi, 2x10 Stalkers and the Bladewind at exactly where it was before... got to say that feels pretty good.

I have a feeling DoK will stay a strong army in this book, going by the things we have heard, lots of people going to be very salty about it as well.

42 minutes ago, mojojojo101 said:

Leak on Reddit puts them up to 155... doesn't seem to hot to me.

At 155, assuming its scroll didn't change other than gaining independence and a 5++, it feels like a solid little anchor-roadblock to me.  Non-trivial to shift, especially under a Cauldron aura.

Avatars are Solid for 155. 3+ with cauldron and now a 5++ and don't need baby sitting with waking them up. Support shooting attack adds up and good punch in combat with rites buffing them

Turn 3 haggnar can have key units be 2+/2+ with 5++

Cobra kai great for snake lists. Don't have to run medusa general if you wanna do cauldron then just snakes and the mw output and attack on death is good

Edited by Chumphammer