AoS3 - Kruleboyz Discussion

Newtype_Zero

1 hour ago, Bululu said:

someone showed me a "leak" seemed real but you can never know, of a piece of kragnos warscroll where it had the keywords "TOTEM" and "DROGRUKH" but it didtn have nothing like orruk warclans or kruleboyz, i hope its false or it missed something cause listing kragnos under orruk warclans on GHB and not having any orruk warclans keywords seems awful, and it could mean still no alliance abilities for him.

They may be pretty hellbent on making him purely narrative (intentional or otherwise)

Edited by C0deb1ue

1 hour ago, Bululu said:

Ah, there were also some leaked stormcast points photo, and they were different than the GHB, so we might expect point changes once again.

Yeah I saw that.. Maybe Kragnos will go down to 600... or maybe not.

I was just thinking, following the less hardcore sales of Dominion, do you think a lot of people have been a bit put-off of Kruleboyz because it is a subfaction rather than a seperate battletome?  I know that a few of my friends considering it have passed on the Dominion box until the full release line-up is known.

I think a bunch of people like the models and want to run them on their own but that may not be practically possible if they are just supposed to fill a gap in Big waaagh. Yes I know GW has said lots of stuff about running them on their own but they intentionally hide dates and release etc so you can't plan purchases

Edited by C0deb1ue
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, C0deb1ue said:

I was just thinking and following the less hardcore sales of Dominion, do you think a lot of people have been a bit put-off of Kruleboyz because it is a subfaction rather than a seperate battletome?  I know that a few of my friends considering it have passed on the Dominion box until the full release line-up is known.

I think a bunch of people like the models and want to run them on their own but that may not be practically possible if they are just supposed to fill a gap in Big waaagh. 

Nah i hope not, i mean they will get their "battletome" ironjawz and bonespliter did los nothing when they merged, as long as they remain same this time, its like having 3 battletomes  +1 bigwahh for merging differents,  for me that is all win.  (specially because i already own a big wagh army 90% ironjawz 10% bonesplitters) so in my case i will use them in both kruleboyz army and big wagh. What i mean ironjawz and bonesplitter were treated as completly functional own alliance, not a subfaction on the orruk warclans book, plus we got big wagh, so i hope it will remain the same terms for kruleboyz and all of them

• Like 2

I think it would be good for GW to at least clarify what's happening with the kruleboyz, hopefully we will get some answers this Wednesday. Regardless, I'm hoping to run a full kruleboyz army.

I'm also curious what the hobgrotz are going to end up being. Because a unit that is not worth its 95 points and doesn't get its allegiances ability is just... bad. I'm holding onto the idea that maybe they just didn't realise the hobgrotz don't have the keywords to use kruleboyz alliance ability, or some other mistake

Edited by Qrow
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Bululu said:

Nah i hope not, i mean they will get their "battletome" ironjawz and bonespliter did los nothing when they merged, as long as they remain same this time, its like having 3 battletomes  +1 bigwahh for merging differents,  for me that is all win.  (specially because i already own a big wagh army 90% ironjawz 10% bonesplitters) so in my case i will use them in both kruleboyz army and big wagh. What i mean ironjawz and bonesplitter were treated as completly functional own alliance, not a subfaction on the orruk warclans book, plus we got big wagh, so i hope it will remain the same terms for kruleboyz and all of them

yeah that makes sense, but it gives GW the excuse to release very small model line... which for orruks is exactly what they have done repeatedly.

It's supposed to be a destruction edition but a limited Kruleboyz release and then yet another wave of Lumineth (as per rumours) will be mildly disappointing to say the least.

Edited by C0deb1ue

29 minutes ago, Qrow said:

I think it would be good for GW to at least clarify what's happening with the kruleboyz, hopefully we will get some answers this Wednesday. Regardless, I'm hoping to run a full kruleboyz army.

I'm also curious what the hobgrotz are going to end up being. Because a unit that is not worth its 95 points and doesn't get its allegiances ability is just... bad. I'm holding onto the idea that maybe they just didn't realise the hobgrotz don't have the keywords to use kruleboyz alliance ability, or some other mistake

well yes, except maybe the swamp shaman and the mounted hero, the rest of the warscrolls are very poor for their points, compared for example with the stormcast on the same box, the kruleboyz needs very hard upgrading through allegiance abilities, and hopefully it doesnt come in the form of stupid aura heroes wich die to shooting on turn 1 as usual.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Bululu said:

well yes, except maybe the swamp shaman and the mounted hero, the rest of the warscrolls are very poor for their points, compared for example with the stormcast on the same box, the kruleboyz needs very hard upgrading through allegiance abilities, and hopefully it doesn't come in the form of stupid aura heroes wich die to shooting on turn 1 as usual.

That's the GSG special, heroes last 3 seconds.... 

• Like 3

i heard july 24 to august 14 is the targeted release block for the stuff

3 hours ago, C0deb1ue said:

I was just thinking, following the less hardcore sales of Dominion, do you think a lot of people have been a bit put-off of Kruleboyz because it is a subfaction rather than a seperate battletome?  I know that a few of my friends considering it have passed on the Dominion box until the full release line-up is known.

I think a bunch of people like the models and want to run them on their own but that may not be practically possible if they are just supposed to fill a gap in Big waaagh. Yes I know GW has said lots of stuff about running them on their own but they intentionally hide dates and release etc so you can't plan purchases

eh it because AoS isn't that popular compare to 40K stormcast aren't marines

though i think what hurting is that some new change or lack of certain changes might turn people off from the game right now 

3 hours ago, Qrow said:

i honestly think that was intentional that Hobgrot aren't suppose to use the allegiance ability, they are not suppose to be great but be chaff was probably the design intend 

20 minutes ago, novakai said:

i heard july 24 to august 14 is the targeted release block for the stuff

eh it because AoS isn't that popular compare to 40K stormcast aren't marines

though i think what hurting is that some new change or lack of certain changes might turn people off from the game right now 

I find the drip feed of rules/points and changes (just like the 40k) new edition just tends to ****** people off as you literally can't be sure that there isn't another change just around the corner that might invalidate your purchases etc.... never buy anything until after the release FAQs and even they are not remotely safe if you are getting a new battletome soon. The 40k ones changed massively from FAQs to Battletomes.

All the twisty money-making decisions by GW slowly wear one down. They constantly use lack of transparency to push sales.

Edited by C0deb1ue
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, C0deb1ue said:

I find the drip feed of rules/points and changes (just like the 40k) new edition just tends to ****** people off as you literally can't be sure that there isn't another change just around the corner that might invalidate your purchases etc.... never buy anything until after the release FAQs and even they are not even remotely safe if you are getting a new battletome soon. The 40k ones changed massively from FAQs to Battletomes.

All the twisty money-making decisions by GW slowly wear one down. They constantly use lack of transparency to push sales.

yeah there hasn't been much positivity coming from GW lately and their communication problem has been very apparent lately. their last Chapter approve was a joke (their FAQ was pretty good IMO) and CC was a mess,  the only good thing was that Dominion was actually the same price as Indomitus and not cost more.

your not going to get people happy when armies point go up (even if everyone in general went up), writing articles with clear errors and being fluff pieces, make sweeping changes in the rules that hurt a lot of units without changing their scroll and rules, but worst of all just a lack of communication to the playerbase, not a roadmap or a date for the FAQ, or reassurance in anyway, just silence.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Bululu said:

I think the problem isn't as much on they not getting their own tome, but in the fear of they been "another small orruk range" as Ironjawz and Bonesplitterz are. As you said, Ironjawz and Bonesplitterz still maintain their own allegiance + the big wag, but surprisingly a lot of people don't know that and think there is just the big wag now. Because of this, advertising the Kruleboyz as part of the warclans also make people associate they more as an Warclans update rather than their own isolated faction. If from day one they had said loud and clearly: "They will be part of the Orruk Warclans and will get their own allegiance as well." and even give a general idea it will not be a small range release (don't even need to show models, say some unit names on flavour articles, show some special rumor enginees, smalls things really) I think we would see more people committing to they.

I do wonder, now that the Dominion didn't sellout, if we will see more people joining in after they revel the remaining models and properly announce the new tome.

6 minutes ago, Arzalyn said:

I think the problem isn't as much on they not getting their own tome, but in the fear of they been "another small orruk range" as Ironjawz and Bonesplitterz are. As you said, Ironjawz and Bonesplitterz still maintain their own allegiance + the big wag, but surprisingly a lot of people don't know that and think there is just the big wag now. Because of this, advertising the Kruleboyz as part of the warclans also make people associate they more as an Warclans update rather than their own isolated faction. If from day one they had said loud and clearly: "They will be part of the Orruk Warclans and will get their own allegiance as well." and even give a general idea it will not be a small range release (don't even need to show models, say some unit names on flavour articles, show some special rumor enginees, smalls things really) I think we would see more people committing to they.

I do wonder, now that the Dominion didn't sellout, if we will see more people joining in after they revel the remaining models and properly announce the new tome.

i mean people should already know there a tome is coming out that it not a secret or a "if" scenario but disappointment seem to be on the end that Kruleboyz was not their own battletome (which for some reason a lot of content creators still believe) since people in general want Destruction to have a pure brand new army.

also i can see why existing Ironjawz player are not happy either since they have not gotten anything in the last 6 year when compare to similar army of that age (SCE got many waves, Fyreslayers got a hero from silver tower and terrain/ Endless prayers, Sylvaneath got 2 new heroes and spell/ new terrain) and a lot of the new kruleboyz stuff seem way different from the current army already.

Also i just think there enough people in AoS that just straight out dislike SCE so there is that

1 minute ago, Maogrim said:

Sooo... Kruleboyz are bad and Dominion didn't sell out?!

Well, that shines a rather unfortuntate light on that impulse purchase of mine. 

Kruleboyz are subpar in the vacuum of them not having a battletome, and Dominion not selling out could just be that GW made a ton more than they did for Indomitus

1 minute ago, PlayerJ said:

Kruleboyz are subpar in the vacuum of them not having a battletome, and Dominion not selling out could just be that GW made a ton more than they did for Indomitus

well they shouldn't really compare Indomitus to Dominon anyway, Marines are like super popular and can used in 4 different codexes (ehm Supplements) and like 6 different mini supplements.

and i don't think Stormcast themselves can be even close to that kind of sale drive.

Also Pandemic restriction are kind of lifting right now so people can go out more and hobby less which is different from last year where everyone needed something to do and just bought Indomitus to pass the time

• Like 1

I can only provide the most anecdotal of anecdotes. I'm  precisely in the camp of wanting to wait and see. I love the gutrippas and the heroes but I'm not a massive fan of the Hobgrotz. If the army turns out to be 50/50 orruks and Hobgrotz then I'm out, but if they show off some cool centrepieces and orruk cavalry then I will pick up the Dominion box as a starter. 

I'm sure the number of people in my position isn't insignificant. 

I'm also sure there are also people wanting to see if they can do a full Thunderstrike army. 

Edited by Chikout

5 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I can only provide the most anecdotal of anecdotes. I'm  precisely in the camp of wanting to wait and see. I love the gutrippas and the heroes but I'm not a massive fan of the Hobgrotz. If the army turns out to be 50/50 orruks and Hobgrotz then I'm out, but if they show off some cool centrepieces and orruk cavalry then I will pick up the Dominion box as a starter. 

I'm also sure there are also people wanting to see if they can do a full Thunderstrike army. 

Hopefully we get some answers in tonights warhammer event. I'm already all in for kruleboyz, but that's due to 1. The fact they look similar to lord of the rings orcs, especially the Killaboss on Great gnashtooth, and 2. The Legion of azgorh, one of the two armies I have, no longer exists and I like to have 2 armies for variety.

That being said, I'm really hoping we get some indication of future direction tonight, especially as I want to know what I can replace the hobgrotz with or if they can be made decent with future models/rules. Hell, I'd settle for them being battleline in Kruleboyz specific armies, at least then they have a spot as a cheap filler unit that can absorb charges

13 minutes ago, Chikout said:

i mean they already reveal two other units (the breaker boss and the man-skewer) that already way more orrucks then Hobgrotz are you expecting that the next 6 units to all be Hobgrotz?

i don't think there a big group waiting really, since FOMO and limited edition was going to keep people on the fence from waiting to long to go in. it was more of a surprise that the anti-scalper measure actually work to prevent it being sold out. i can see people waiting to purchase the starter set that is probably cheaper and more reasonable for newbies

it just AoS is not going to sell at the level of Indomitus and GW not really been great lately

Edited by novakai

1 minute ago, novakai said:

i mean they already reveal two other units (the breaker boss and the man-skewer) that already way more orrucks then Hobgrotz are you expecting that the next 6 units to all be Hobgrotz?

i don't there a big group waiting really, since FOMO and limited edition was going to keep people on the fence from waiting to long to go in. it was more of a suprise that the anti-scalper measure actually work to prevent it being sold out. i can see people waiting to purchase the starter set that is probably cheaper and more reasonable for newbies

it just AoS is not going to sell at the level of Indomitus and GW not really been great lately

Can you link to the boss breaker and man-skewer? I'm having trouble finding them through google