AoS3 - Kruleboyz Discussion

Newtype_Zero

On 6/14/2021 at 4:24 AM, Arzalyn said:

Some possible sub allegiances from the lore in the Dominion book, different kinds of tribes that are defined by their specialty:

- Badstabbas: Warriors and bosses that spear head the Kruleboyz vicious raids. The most frequently seen of the swamp orcs on the battlefield and have the most in common with the other kinds of orruks (ironjawz and bonesplitterz).

- Beast-Breakza: Monsters hunters that are adept of tracking, trapping and breaking those creatures that share their repulsive homes, riding them into battle as powerful war mounts and selling them to other tribes in return of raw materials and grots to use as bait.

- Detfspikerz: Spiteful tinkerers that are famous for fashioning crude but deadly war machines and capable of surprising efficient constructions if given the chance. 

- Gitsnatcherz: Specially malevolent kind of Kruleboyz that take those taken as captives in other tribes successful raids.

I assume those are sub allegiance rather than social division between than, as there is no mention about the shamans among them. In any case, the trogoth boss and the balista would fit very well in the Beast-breakza and the Detfspikerz... maybe each tribe will get some unit representing them (and that they will buff with their rules).

This!

1 hour ago, zamerion said:

I will be grateful if you post what they say

I will let you know if they show anything for us!

45 minutes ago, C0deb1ue said:

This would be amazing but I'm betting they are not included....

Me too, it would be nice but as the tome will come in some weeks/months after it make sense if they are left out of the GHB.

22 minutes ago, C0deb1ue said:

Gutrippaz still look very expensive comparatively and we're not battleline in big waaagh

Its possible that they gain it when the Warclans book drop.

How is everyone hype after the rules leak? I really like the models so far, but I really wanted to see what others units are available before committing to them... The luckwarm warcrolls didn't help too.

2 minutes ago, Arzalyn said:

How is everyone hype after the rules leak? I really like the models so far, but I really wanted to see what others units are available before committing to them... The luckwarm warcrolls didn't help too.

Hype kinda levelled off for now. I bought GSG for the amazing models and have since paid the price with their rules, not making that mistake again. Battletome soon though for warclans!

34 minutes ago, C0deb1ue said:

Gutrippaz still look very expensive comparatively and we're not battleline in big waaagh

why not? it says "Battleline" so its battleline in destruction and all orruk warclans, it doesnt say "battleline in kruleboyz army"

1 minute ago, C0deb1ue said:

Battleline in big waagh is specified... look at the other entries

battleline is specified when you are not battleline in general, if battleline is just "battleline" means its battleline on all the armies that it can join, for example in great alliance destruction, been "bigwagh and ironjawz" battleline means you are not battleline in great alliance destruction, "specified battleline" is a limit not a bonus

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Arzalyn said:

I’m pretty hyped to get them and paint. I can’t imagine this army is going to just suck so bad it’s unplayable. Knowing we have limited rules at the moment isn’t enjoyable, seriously hoping that a new tome is dropping immediately after dominion. What’s the point of a brand new army with scrap rules. Has GW ever just released an army with no tome? I’m glad they’re in the cool starter box but would have loved to see new sculpts on another army and these guys to get a proper release with all their rules and models. 

Edited by Tezia99
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Tezia99 said:

I’m pretty hyped to get them and paint. I can’t imagine this army is going to just suck so bad it’s unplayable. Knowing we have limited rules at the moment isn’t enjoyable, seriously hoping that a new tome is dropping immediately after dominion. What’s the point of a brand new army with scrap rules. Has GW ever just released an army with no tome? I’m glad they’re in the cool starter box but would have loved to see new sculpts on another army and these guys to get a proper release with all their rules and models. 

Does destruction need yet another low power army...nothing is unplayable but there is/was literally one strong list for ironjaws and the rest not so much.

9 hours ago, Tezia99 said:

My fear isn't that they end being unplayable, but that we end with a small unit selection. I really like their aesthetic, but I wanted more of a stand alone force (like Nighthaunt got) as I don't have much interest on the bonesplitterz/ironjawz part of the warclans. Hence the fear that we end being just another small army release with ~10 units since they are part of the warclans and you could use the other orcs with them.

• Like 2

I look forward to painting them and personally am ok with adding some (as in very few) Ironjaws to the army. I imagine brutes and maybe the GG‘s to look good with Kruleboys if painted right.

But ofc. another like 6ish units are a must. A few more would be even better - though as part of Orruk Warclans I doubt we’ll get more than that.

• Like 1

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Rachmani said:

I look forward to painting them and personally am ok with adding some (as in very few) Ironjaws to the army. I imagine brutes and maybe the GG‘s to look good with Kruleboys if painted right.

Exactly how I plan to start off. 10 Gutrippaz plus the Boltboyz will be a nice addition to my IJ and keep me going while we wait to see what else is coming. 

I'm happy we got new Orruks at all and I am not quite ready to complain we didn't get enough new Orruks.