New white dwarf

N_Watson

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems that there will be a big release at the beginning of October: the October issue should focus on it on its "Ultimate Guide". I don´t think it will 40k as 40k was August (Deatwatch, Death Masque) and September (Kharn, Traitor's hate). So it could be Steamwatch. Or maybe Tzeentch Arcanites. 

1 hour ago, N_Watson said:

They did say that White Dwarf wouldn't be used to reveal or announce things like the weekly one did. It goes into more depth on recent releases and things announced. 

It does seem to analyze with certain detail the latest most important releases. Like in this case Deathwatch+Traitor's hate+Gorechosen. 

So I guess next will focus on the big releases that go between second half of September and the first two weeks of October. That seems to be the new system of combination between releases and WD they have designed. 

34 minutes ago, Turgol said:

It seems that there will be a big release at the beginning of October: the October issue should focus on it on its "Ultimate Guide". I don´t think it will 40k as 40k was August (Deatwatch, Death Masque) and September (Kharn, Traitor's hate). So it could be Steamwatch. Or maybe Tzeentch Arcanites. 

Would they use the redacted by the inquisition line if it was an AOS release? I would dearly love a steampunk duardin release. I keep asking Sad Panda and Atia for a confirmation, but not a peep so far. It makes me worried.

Well Atia has sources but is not herself a source, so I don't think she would have that information. Sad Panda is a much bigger mystery to me; he sometimes makes big reveals but is always very random. I think GW finally got rid of most long term leaks when Warseer went down. With Hastings and Darnok on angry mode we already had little since ET anyway, but without them, we are pretty much left with one source of major leaks which is very random on what he will share. 

1 hour ago, Turgol said:

*snippity snip* With Hastings and Darnok on angry mode we already had little since ET anyway, but without them, we are pretty much left with one source of major leaks which is very random on what he will share. 

@Turgol this is...well said. Since the rumor folk post each other's stuff it's ok. I understand this Hastings guy used to be a big deal w/rumors but I couldn't stand to read his posts. They were not...enjoyable.

1 minute ago, Walt said:

Question for the OP: do you know if new white dwarf subscribers get that new 'white dwarf subscription miniature'? This one: https://www.games-workshop.com/en-FI/Grombrindal-The-White-Dwarf Or is it just the gorechosen miniature? thanks.

The gorechosen model only. I believe the white dwarf mini is up for sale separately on GW website. 

Okay, good to know N_Watson. I just pulled the trigger yesterday and i'm in for it 12 months. Never had a subscription before but occasionally bought a copy. Not the weekly ones because i didn't feel them. Hope it's good, fingers crossed...

Indeed Harry was a great source. Harry and Hastings were both either employees with strong access or friends to people high up on the creative side of GW, so could leak with years of advance before release. Late angry Hastings had very little info to share though, even though he has very active on warseer, so I guess he lost his job or some of his friends did.

But really since ET, rumours and leaks are every day thinner and more scarce. Main source used to be weekly WD from retailers, but that is gone as well. So we are left with Bols and Natfka, which used to be a joke but are pretty much all there is now.

Hope GW starts more aggressivelly revealing like with Kharn.

Is that a shrewd choice of free mini? i.e. doesn't greatly devalue the Khorne Bloodbound getting started set and not a mini that the Bloodbound player will want twenty of?

Yeah it's a pretty sensible choice. The minis also been out since pretty much the start of AoS so all the impulse buyers will have it.

And the fact it is a hero in AoS and has rules in Gorechosen box game and silver tower means pretty much anyone who's gets it will be able to make use of it.

I think it's also a pretty decent model for conversions(even for 40k) which tends to happen a lot with the free models when bette released.

It's almost like GW know what they're doing this time.

I'm not sure if it's true or not, but my understanding is that the first 4 White Dwarf's will have a free model in them.  My hope would be that this will mean each GA will have one hero or another as a freebie.  That would be freaking awesome.

Of course, that would mean no 40k freebies, so pretty unlikely.

1 hour ago, MechaBriZilla said:

I'm not sure if it's true or not, but my understanding is that the first 4 White Dwarf's will have a free model in them.  My hope would be that this will mean each GA will have one hero or another as a freebie.  That would be freaking awesome.

Of course, that would mean no 40k freebies, so pretty unlikely.

Not models - present.  Only one free model.  I made the same mistake.

Archived