AoS 2 - Misthåvn (Broken Realms: Morathi) Discussion

Double Misfire

5 hours ago, Anca said:

Seems odd they do not specify artefact keyword, do narcotics come on top of other artifacts? Because those narcotics seeems a bit underwhelming at the moment.

It seems like a bonus completely unrelated to artifacts. We still need to wait for more rules.

9 hours ago, Anca said:

Because those narcotics seeems a bit underwhelming at the moment.

Good lesson from GW! But seriously we saw 2 of 6, maybe there is something interesting in those 4 remaining? Though, since you take them in hero phase it seems  you can`t buff your hidden assassin which is shame. And of course CoS heroes aren`t powerful really which lowers their value. Do Stormcast have someone who is good in melee by himself (if Misthavn retains rule of stormkeeps ofc) ?

This would be amusing, great Stormcast hero snorting some dope😉

• Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Hopefully  Misthavn gets some allegiance abilities that are a little more exciting, but the narcotics might be a pretty nice bonus. If there is one that grants a once-per-game movement bonus, that would probably be pretty consistently useful. I could also imagine on that grants flying for a turn, although that's not super useful given that most big, fast Cities heroes fly already. Giving a hero with a 3+ save the ability to become ethereal for a turn seems decent at least. Nothing to write home about, but I'd take it as a free bonus.

Reviews are starting to come out.

misthavn ability is for evry duardin, freeguild and darkling coven, you can deepstrike one ordo serpentis, shadowblades or scourge privateers unit.

Command ability is once per turn you can pick a unit that enters with the city ability in 12 of a hero, it moves d6 but it cant run.

Command traits: 1) using the city command ability for free

2)  on 6+ ignore wounds

3) becomes a wizard

Narcotics: 1) heal d6 wounds, but you cant run or charge

2) can fly until the next hero phase

3) until the next hero phase, after your character fights and all the attacks have been resolved, pick an enemy model in 1, on a 4+ it takes d3 mortal wounds

4) till the next hero phase add 1 to cast and unbind roll for the user

Relics: 1) once per battle at the start of the enemy shooting phase, enemy units subtract 1 from hit rolls for units within 12 of the bearer

2) once per battle, pick an enemy model within 3 of the bearer. On a 6 or lower than the enemy wound, that model cant attack.

3)add 1 to save rolls.

On 11/8/2020 at 8:17 AM, Kyriakin said:

I am just glad that the dark, misty, mysterilus dark elf pirate port city is not longer in the realm of... fire (?!?)

The name even fits the theme now.

As a resident of the pollution spewing, industrialised metropolis at the heart of the Realm of Life, I ain't got a clue what you're talking about. 🤨 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 3

46 minutes ago, Lord of the Isle said:

I wonder if we’ll see some adjustments to fill these gaps. Misthavn spell lore would clearly be extremely good fun done properly...

Is there any sort of precedence on how fast GW might FAQ something like this, if it is indeed just a huge miss?  It really does feel as if we're missing a page for spell lore and a battalion 

• Thanks 1

So I'm still hoping they eventually rectify the spell list and maybe a battalion, and I'm intrigued by the Flanking Forces mechanic.  I've seen some talk of flanking options, Coked up Dragon, Dark Riders, Chariots, and the normal Shadow Aelves.  But I'm curious what people are thinking to anchor the non flanking half?  Looks like the High Aelves don't want anything to do with Misthavn so Phoenix Guard don't count, so is the next best option Freeguild Greatswords and a General?  Other thoughts?

Also in most general lists I see Drakespawn Knights and Chariots discouraged.  Does flanking open them up, or are the Horse versions still always the better choice?