Lumineth Assemble! (photos & lore)

LuminethMage

So I think this is some of my finest photoshop work I’ve ever achieved in my lifetime as an artist (I did this with a finger on my iPad lol), but, trying to look past the hilariously rough mock up, I’m considering changing them to something like this.

E5D8F8A6-C7FB-463B-9564-F029A92F96B9.jpeg

For context, the armour is meant to be gold :P

Edited by Tiberius501
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Tiberius501 said:

So I think this is some of my finest photoshop work I’ve ever achieved in my lifetime as an artist (I did this with a finger on my iPad lol), but, trying to look past the hilariously rough mock up, I’m considering changing them to something like this.

E5D8F8A6-C7FB-463B-9564-F029A92F96B9.jpeg

For context, the armour is meant to be gold :P

Dude!  Go for it!

Blue/White cloth with gold highlights along side Gold Armor/Silver Scales?  This looks like a simple, clean paint scheme.   
(and excellent PS skills there ;))

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Tiberius501 I can only echo Wylie, I think they'll look striking on the battlefield. I really like how the gold looks once you have them in units. And can't go wrong with blue and white. 

That might only be due to (the one and only) small mistake on your iPad artistry, but maybe also paint the scale mail on the shield in silver? 

• Thanks 1

EwAGeLfXAAQFdV8?format=jpg&name=large
Here's an example of my Lumineth. I wrote a paragraph of lore about the kingdom they belong to. 

"Ynnea Fianchu, the Dark Hawk, is a lesser kingdom on the Tyrionic side of Hysh. Its citizens are a dour folk, with a decidedly cold nature to them. Its rulers are likewise grim, determined men and women. All possess a connection with the vast, labyrinthine forests of their homeland and the Aelementor spirits who dwell there. The forest has left its mark on the Dark Hawk’s people, too. Clad in green and drab brown robes, they march in great hosts to do battle with all those that would dare defile it."

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, whispersofblood said:

Anyone who has built the Spirit of the Mountain, is it possible to magnetize the model to decrease high for transport?

You can definitely magnetise something parts, the mountains on their back for example. I imagine the legs though need to be glued to keep stable. But otherwise most if him can get away with being magnetised.

• Thanks 1

Lumadek Lunarheart, Insular Guardian of the Moonlit Isle

"Where he walks moon light is left as footprints, his blessings of wings from Celennar spread wide in Lunar beauty. Upon lunar stones, ancient tears of Celennar, Lumadek Lunarheart communes with the moon high above his mountain perch. With moon bright eyes he sees what other Aelves can only hope to see in a life time."

I am officially finished with my Myari model from DireChasm, what a fun model!

I decided, as the blurb suggests, went with a Lunar theme instead of a tradtional Solar theme. Being from Ilithia (homebrew) felt it more appropriate, and the fact he had an owl.

This may or may not also be a test scheme for how Celennar may look, with a few tweaks....

C&C welcome!

IMG_20210312_124029_858.jpg

IMG_20210312_124029_883.jpg

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

Also quickly finished these two, or to a point where I am happy with them, my first Scinari Cathallar & Second Truestone Seneschal.

I challanged myself to only dry brush and use shades on the Scinari Cathallar, I think it came out real well given the challenge.

The Truestone Seneschal is for my second Alarith Temple of the Destruction & Rebirth theme.

20210314_133704.jpg

20210314_133712.jpg

20210314_133728.jpg

20210314_133736.jpg

20210314_134133.jpg

20210314_134154.jpg

20210314_134216.jpg

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

12 minutes ago, martinwolf said:

Yeah, sure.

Base Grey Seer
Shade Apothecary White
Layer Corax White
Highlight Vallejo White (or any other real pure white)

Ace, thanks. Looks real nice, I may actually try stealing your scheme :P I’ve been struggling to find one that’s sit right with me, that’s easier to paint than the standard one, but I’m liking the one you’ve done.

• Thanks 1

@Someuberdude That's a really nice looking scheme, congrats! Red and gold almost always seem to play well together.

For my part, it took a few days' worth of painting sessions and one false start, but I just finished up my Cathallar - a really nice model to paint, and one I like far more in person than I thought I would based on pictures. Not completely satisfied with my first attempt at sheer fabric, and there are a couple details I'd try to clean up if I were doing it again, but it was a good learning experience and I'm happy with the result.

Also, after spending months painting Dawnriders and Sentinels, it feels really good to knock out 140 points from my army list with a single model!

IMG_4804.jpg.8320843222945ffa7cc84ea74f2d8e6e.jpg

IMG_4806.jpg.d6b63308e7dad3bcc6b733ed3b353777.jpg

Next on the agenda are my second units of Wardens and Sentinels to complete the Auralan Legion (and put me over 1k points for the whole army). I'm quite satisfied with my leaders so far:

IMG_4811.jpg.eb658f336b033f4d524b0f43993ef805.jpg

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1