Lumineth Assemble! (photos & lore)

LuminethMage

I thought it might be good to have one thread where all the photos and background stories for our Realm-lords are compiled. I found all the different painting schemes and conversions really inspiring, but in the large main thread it can become a bit disjointed. 

Here is an update to some of my Tor Xillion Moonspire Guard, in various stages of progress. 

791D042B-40AB-4419-BB1C-7E186D12F82B.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

For any who can be bothered reading this hefty sum of fluff, and don’t get triggered by peeps inventing stuff that isn’t cannon, here is what I’ve come up with for my city, New Tor Yvresse. Me and my friends/family are making our Own setting within the realm of life that’s more structured like the World-That-Was to bring some of it back into Sigmar. 

After the liberation of elven souls from the bowels of Slaanesh, a large group were left feeling empty, without a home or identity. They went for years wandering the lands of Hysh, searching for advice and wisdom, but never truly felt like they belonged in this new world of wonder and magic. 

Then, after a time, a legendary figure reemerged from the ashes of the world-that-was, Eltharion the Grim. As he spoke of his past, they felt connected to him, and eventually they built a large, sprawling city within the face of one of Ymetrica’s largest mountains, calling it Tor Yvresse after Eltharion’s original domain. This city was designed from the ground up with old high elf architecture, quickly becoming a jewel of the realm, with many merchants and travellers coming to get a glimpse within the nostalgic and resplendent walls of beauty, and at last the wandering Lumineth felt at home. 

The city was built at perhaps the perfect time, directly after the realm wide disaster that was the Toppling of the Spires. During the fallout of such devastation, New Tor Yvresse was the exact thing the Lumineth needed; a beacon of hope. This is perhaps one of the main reason it is as popular a place to visit as it is. 

It was helped built by the great spirits who inhabited the mountain it was constructed on, granting invaluable advice that helped craft it into the most impenetrable fortresses the realm of light had ever seen. Built before the main realm gate into Hysh, it is the front line of defence against any invader who may be foolish enough to enter. 

While not merchants by trade, artisans from the great nation of Syar  travel a long distance for the chance to sell their crafted artefacts in such a place where so many flock. Markets filled to the brim with citizens, docks alive with the sound of sail boats and fishermen, and gardens radiating such life and beauty, it is no wonder New Tor Yvresse has become so legendary. Aided by the same Spirits of the Mountain who helped sculpt their city, the citizens who inhabit Tor Yvresse are known for their artisan skills in the trade of blacksmithing. Forging weapons of sunmetal steel and armour as strong as the mountains themselves, the smithies of Tor Yvresse are highly regarded and sought after. 

Eltharion, filled with humility and gratitude took up residence within the city, and was quickly made ruler of it. While it is their home, and the only place they truely feel at peace, their army now marches forth through the realm gate under Teclis’ orders, and into the realm of life in order to battle the great chaos threat which ravages its lands. There are worshipers of the fowl god Nurgle transforming beauty into death with plagues of entropy, Skaven hollowing out the earth and crafting weapons of mass destruction. But the forces of chaos aren’t the only threat they will face. Greedy Kharadron also roam the skies, looting precious artefacts and selling them off to uncaring aristocrats, raving Goblins cause insanity to overtake the small minds of humans, the ominous Ossiarchs come for ancient tithes, and reap bones to build a macabre empire, and the Lumineth’s dark brother, the Idoneth, scheme within the depths of the deepest oceans and take the souls of the weak for their own gains.

There is a foul stench in the air, and already the Cathellars feel the weight of fear and angst that siphon into their Aetherquartz from the ranks of the Lumineth. This will be a true test of their mettle, but one Eltharion and his resplendent companies will face with conviction. The realm is dying, and it is those from Tor Yvresse who shall bring order back to the chaos. 

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 4

In the Age of Glories, long before the spiraling descent of the Spirefall, our God Teclis terraformed these verdant moorlands into a realm of levitating mountain paradises.

Ayrathia - The Coalition of the Summersea Mountains... Generations have passed since the Spirefall, and Ayrathia has long since forgotten peace and prosperity.

Several of the Summersea Princedoms endure even in the Age of Sigmar... have you ever seen the Dawnrider Knights gallop at full tilt across the broken moorlands of their shattered realm? The golden sunlight strikes their plate armor and their steeds' barding as if anointed by the Zenithal Avatars of Hysh.

To watch their legions sally forth is to witness the splendor of the Realm-Lords. It is to behold true glories.

b0wfwIl.jpg

sHgAkrN.jpg

reCqdpP.jpg

rFdL1Xz.jpg

ABRZXSP.jpg

tbuJJLt.jpg

mq3W6jF.jpg

452vBE0.jpg

RdLo80q.jpg

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 6

Lions of Lumineth

The lions of lumineth are aelve souls rescued by Teclis and Tyrion which heralded form the Old Worlds realm of Chrace on Ulthuan. 

The lions of Lumineth grew under their gods training, leaning more towards Tyrion's military. 

Shunning the use of Horses (Horses were for the Ellyrion peoples) the old Chrace souls sort a pack with the lions of Hysh, working in tandem to beat back the forces of chaos

Ehk3BSjXsAEq_tJ?format=jpg&name=medium

Ehk3BxcXYAYGZfB?format=jpg&name=medium

Ehk3COkXYAU37d9?format=jpg&name=medium

Ehk3CuoXcAIUfwo?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 7
  • LOVE IT! 6

1 hour ago, Overread said:

I admire your dedication in hunting down enough white lions for that! Esp these days with the kit off sale. It's something I wanted to do years ago with HE but never got around do doing it (granted it was technically easier then as at least the chariot kit was on sale). 

tbh I had all the bits at hand. Still have another 10 lions if needed lol. Using more shoulders for the Sentinals and maybe the eternal guard heads for them also 

• 2 weeks later...

Here are my first unit of 10 Wardens finally finished (waiting to be based), and ready to fight for New Tor Yvresse! Happy with how they came out, but man did they take ages. I might just be a slow painter, but (and) I am finding these models to be real challenging/time consuming with all the trims.

Sorry, not really the best photos or lighting, but best I can do atm. 

7FFDFBE4-060B-4A68-AC4F-9CA8F8EE4089.jpeg

04304391-2B2C-4BD6-A7D8-DBCC155D3A03.jpeg

32D4FD34-024F-4891-AF33-C6400A957721.jpeg

Edited by Tiberius501
  • Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 4

The Zaitreci hold great reverence for Hyshs Moons and as the Moons steer the currents of the hyshian Oceans it falls to the Haven Guard of Tor Xillion to enclose on any seaborn threats to their beloved City. Alas there are many threats in this new Age - for Tor Xillion still lays besieged and so the Haven Guard is often stretched thin between maintaining the supply routes from Xintil or to conduct surprise landing operations on Zaitrecs coastlines. 
When the Moons are obscured and only the stars gaze out into the Night, they would land silently on hidden Beaches. With flickering Moonfire Lanterns and nimble feet their silver Companies march inland to surprise those who dare to spoil the Great Nation they call home.  

As you can see I had a complete turnaround - I just could not see myself to paint an Army mostly in Gold.  I think deep down I always wanted some kind of Naval Theme.
The Models are not entirely finished - i still need to decide on the Gemstones and correct mistakes. (The Dawnrider is on whole other level!) 😅 However I am very happy how it all came together.

Updates will surely come but it may take a while.

Tor Xillion3.jpg

Tor Xillion2.jpg

Tor Xillion1.jpg

Edited by Aloth_Corfiser
  • Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 3

@Aloth_Corfiser Awesome! High Five to another Tor Xillioni! Really nice concept, the connection of moon and seafaring. 👏 I went at a totally different direction (albeit also with a Guard) and will write more about them once I have my 1,000 points painted.

I was thinking about changing my scheme so many times, especially when I see all those nice blue night/moon related pictures here. But I’m too far in, and Retributor Gold is a really nice colour. 

I can imagine you are now happy with yours, kind of Lothern Sea Guard with some Zaitreci magic. : ) 

• Like 1

Yes indeed! 😄
But now the bases dont seem to fit and I am always thinking about gravel, rugged coastline, beaches, etc. - but I am too far in with the bases and they are fine.  Paint-Scheme Paralysis is a blessing and a curse! hehe Retributor Gold is really the best Gold I have used so far - it covers the surfaces really well and has a nice consistency.

The old Lothern Sea Guard (from the island of Blood Box) are one of my all time favorite Models! The Hair showing underneath the Helm, the grim faces, different Helmets with tassles and bands, Spears with ribbons, the Red Sea Dragon Shields, the wave motifs, etc.

May Tor Xillion endure! It is somehow the only City we have got in Zaitrec (is "Celennars Gift" a City/ a shrine?) :D I was looking at the map and there in Ymetrica they have a Harbour-City - Matah - and so the Idea came up.
There is also an error in my german battletome: In the flavor Text next to Tor Xillion it says that it would be on Ymetrica's Coast - so I couldn't let that one slide! 😃

I tried to add wave motifs to the robes but I am not skilled enough (yet)

• Like 2

Island of Blood models are really nice yeah. It’s a bit sad that we don’t know more about Zaitrec, but on the plus side, much room to explore for us. Celennar’s Gift could be any of those, yeah. It’s funny that the Zaitreci call one of their mystic safeguard runes Tyrion’s Flaw. 

The bases look good for your purpose too, I think. Looking forward to see more of Haven Guard. 

• Like 2

Hello there,

As I enjoyed looking at all your models and was inspired to paint faster than ever, I thought it might be nice to share my own LRL army progress. Maybe this will inspire someone else and I might get good ideas on how to improve on my skills. I'm in the hobby for 18 years now bit I was always very slow when it came to painting. I do not have one singular completely painted army and this will change starting now! Normally, it took me weeks to months to finish even one model (infantry, not Stardrake ;)). So far, the first Warden took me two days. The next 2 took another day and the other 7 took another day. The Sentinel unit took one day of assembling and one day of painting. The second Warden unit took 1,5 days, as did Light of Eltharion. Dawnrider 1 took 3 days, number 2 and 3 one day each and number 4 (picture) 4 hours so far. Guess, speed painting is indeed possible if I concentrate enough, lol. The last picture shows my repositioning of Teclis, this stance pleases me way more than the original. Ask away and please tell me your thoughts on my army/painting scheme/mishaps :)

PS: would it be ok to post more pictures or should I open a separate army building thread? I'm new.

1601642881413560699339815142383.jpg

IMG_20201002_134351.jpg

IMG_20201002_134224.jpg

IMG_20201002_134322.jpg

IMG_20201002_134229.jpg

Edited by Kaleydoscope
Added two pictures
  • Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 3

@Kaleydoscope Welcome to TGA! : ) and to answer your question: you can add pictures either in your post above, or later below again, make a new thread just for your army, or also post them in the main thread ”Lumineth Realm-lords discussion” where probably more people will see you photos.

Great to hear that you make such progress with your army! I know I myself couldn’t finish painting any army besides the Lumineth.

I really like the blue, grey and silver in combination with the snow bases! Your Teclis is also really good, does look like he is commanding his forces. 

You also plan to add Alarith later or stick with the Vanari? 

• Thanks 1

Thank you very much, that was helpful! I like your color scheme, reminds me a bit of my Stormcasts.

The armor color of my Lumineth is a colorshift color called toxic purple. It might appear greyish, depending on the angle of my (bad) photos. I will attach 2 video links where you can see them better.

Teclis will be a fun to paint. I already bas coated Cellenar but the old paint can produced problems so I'm not sure if I can already start painting that. Cellenar is also slightly altered (pictures will come later). Teclis will get two birds holding his cowl up, but I need to wait for them to arrive. I am still waiting on my order of Avalenor/Alarith Spirit, Cathallar and Stonemage. I cannot add Stoneguard atm due to their outrageous price. I'd love to substitute them with cheaper models, any ideas?

Warden video: 

Dawnrider video: 

I paint them in disassembled parts: Horse left, right, Leg L/R, Arm+Torso, Head, left arm, Shield. That makes the process easier and faster.

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 3

Thanks, thanks : ). I paused the hobby around the length of time your are in it, so these new, great models pose quite a challenge 😅. On the other hand, paints etc., got much better and more easy to use. 

Oh ok, even better! I thought it was grey, with purple highlights. I use colourshift for my “Lunarmetal” weapons , and that also always looks a bit funky on my photos (anything from black to light blue). But in reality the colour also looks good. I really like those effects as magic effects. 

Wow, that’s quite a project you have in mind with Teclis! Sounds great. 

I sadly have no real idea for stand-in models for the Stoneguard. I mean if you play with friends or so, you likely could use some of your Stormcast models, they have hammers and probably the correct base size. But of course they look differently. But I’m sure others here will have much better ideas. 

Greetings fellow knife-ears!  First-time poster here.  LRL are my first AOS army, but I had a huge High Elf army back in the day.  These models...they are what finally pulled my into AOS, so here I am!  I'm still hashing out my army's lore, but it's going to be based off my old Caledoran army.  I'm working on an Anvil of Apotheosis dragon-rider right now -- pictures eventually, I promise! -- and I've got a few more dragon-themed conversions planned to really get a Caledorai vision to the army.  In any case, here's some potato-cam photos of my test model.  This is actually from July, but I'm about ready to spool up assembly-line construction & painting for the Wardens.  I'm looking forward to getting some games in once Ye Olde LGS loosens up!

• Like 5

Great to see another returnee, although you clearly took to the lesser half of the Lumineth : ) 

But in earnest, welcome! I’m looking forward to see you Caledor-themed conversions! If we are lucky, we’ll see something like that from GW too when the Tyrionic side comes out. Dragon-like creatures and heavy cavalry. The Dragon Knights and the Dragon Mage were two of my favorite units in the High Elf roster. 

12 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

Thanks, thanks : ). I paused the hobby around the length of time your are in it, so these new, great models pose quite a challenge 😅. On the other hand, paints etc., got much better and more easy to use. 

Oh ok, even better! I thought it was grey, with purple highlights. I use colourshift for my “Lunarmetal” weapons , and that also always looks a bit funky on my photos (anything from black to light blue). But in reality the colour also looks good. I really like those effects as magic effects. 

Wow, that’s quite a project you have in mind with Teclis! Sounds great. 

I sadly have no real idea for stand-in models for the Stoneguard. I mean if you play with friends or so, you likely could use some of your Stormcast models, they have hammers and probably the correct base size. But of course they look differently. But I’m sure others here will have much better ideas. 

Sadly, Stormcasts have 40mm bases now. Wardens I could proxy with Saurus warriors with spears but I have no idea what to take for Stoneguard. Would not be a problem in my group though.

1 hour ago, woolf said:

hi guys, my contribution to the color scheme playbook :) wardens will follow in due time..

IMG-20201003-WA0002.jpg

I particularly like the emerald green and the colour of the armour - greatly harmonic.

My Dawnrider Standardbearer is finished now and the Steedmaster only needs some Fleshcolor and the first five will be done ❤️

IMG_20201003_151403_001.jpg

IMG_20201003_151432.jpg

IMG_20201003_151450.jpg

IMG_20201003_151346_001.jpg

I forgot to mention that I'm waiting for element games sending me Turbodork Afterburner colour shift paint for all of my bladed (sunmetal) weapons!

Edited by Kaleydoscope
Alzheimer's
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

45 minutes ago, Aloth_Corfiser said:

Yep - the colours just harmonize so well I can't stop looking at the High Warden! Please moarrr 😬

glad you like it! I will share his first 4 warden companions in a few days or so (I'm quite slow, kids, work etc 😅 but they are almost done)

• Like 1

On 10/2/2020 at 4:09 PM, Kaleydoscope said:

Thank you very much, that was helpful! I like your color scheme, reminds me a bit of my Stormcasts.

The armor color of my Lumineth is a colorshift color called toxic purple. It might appear greyish, depending on the angle of my (bad) photos. I will attach 2 video links where you can see them better.

Teclis will be a fun to paint. I already bas coated Cellenar but the old paint can produced problems so I'm not sure if I can already start painting that. Cellenar is also slightly altered (pictures will come later). Teclis will get two birds holding his cowl up, but I need to wait for them to arrive. I am still waiting on my order of Avalenor/Alarith Spirit, Cathallar and Stonemage. I cannot add Stoneguard atm due to their outrageous price. I'd love to substitute them with cheaper models, any ideas?

Warden video: 

Dawnrider video: 

I paint them in disassembled parts: Horse left, right, Leg L/R, Arm+Torso, Head, left arm, Shield. That makes the process easier and faster.

you got the colorshift on these working really well, what brand was that? I've tried the GSW ones but didn't get quite as prominent effect as this

• Thanks 1

GreenStuffWorld's Toxic Purple undiluted airbrushed over one coat of thinned Vallejo "Metal Color - Gloss Black Primer 60ml" (1-2 coats). First time working with these, I like them. When I missed something, I applied it via brush in 1-3 coats (more thin coats yield better results) bit it's better and easier with the airbrush.

• Thanks 1