Is Legion of Grief gonna stay?

pho_king_D

Currently deciding between nighthaunt and legions of Nagash (grief probably) , I really do like the grave sites rule esp endless legions where i can just keep throwing waves of things at people which is super undead like. which is awesome. I also like the nighthaunt models a lot but I dont wanna fully commit just yet into the models that haven't been FAQed into LoN book cause I realize that Legion of Grief is only really found in "Forbidden Power" and its lore is not found in the nighthaunt book (and im guessing not in Lon book either).

So my question is: Do you think, Legion of Grief will disappear (full nighthaunts losing access to gravesites) some time in the future in say a couple years or something, when a new edition of LoN book comes out or you think it gonna stay?

I think LoN was designed to be a place holder while AoS grand death gets more options. I may be wrong. 

I also feel like LoG will be combined in some way when Nighthaunt 2.0 rolls around. It's a messy faction to say the least and could use some updating. 

In Mortal Realms magazine, wich features all Nighthaunt units but also Olynder and the Mortis Engine, wich I think should be a hint, in one of the issues I received today they introduced the Legions of Nagash, without Legion of Grief. In other issue Olynder is called Mortarch of Grief, but said that Nagash gave her the command of the Nighthaunt.

Interpretations.... 🤷‍♂️

Maybe GW will make a decision considering the comments on the forum, so let's dream: an updated Nighthaunt book with a couple of sub-allegiances - LoG being one of them with no obligation to use Lady Olynder as your general if you take her. That would be cool...9_9

It would actually make sence, to make a 2. Version of Legions of Nagash.

It is the second oldest Battletome (not including those Terrain Battletomes) and it is the oldest mix allegiance Battletome.

There was so much progress in the last 2 Years (for example including 1 of 4 units to another faction to create more diversity between subfactions or the way they linked Battleline units to subfactions ).

The way, the Nighthaunt units were included into the legions was a mess and legion of Grief has other problems because it can't use any Battalions for example.