Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

You know, I thought of something sad... how awesome would it have been if we had the eldritch council models as well as the dragon prince? I would have loved to have these guys fighting alongside the army as part of the Lumineth, and would have filled out the roster quite handily! but, GW decided it shouldn't be...

4 minutes ago, Athrawes said:

I am very interested to see what our Allies table looks like and what sorts of options that brings. 

As order we should get stormcast, and cities of sigmar, and in the storyline teclis and morathi were talking so we may also get daughters of khaine. I don't think we will get idoneth just due to the antagonasim between the clash of identites. we may also get seraphon but I don't think anything else realy fits.

Teclis wanted to wipe out the Deepkin before they started harvesting souls and Tyrion convinced him otherwise. Fluff wise can’t really see him wanting his new pure Lumineth associating with them. After seeing them become evil soul vampires he really should want to erase them completely now. 

Likewise, there is an interesting blurb of lore in the Soulbound RPG that said, while some Idoneth are willing to tolerate being soulbound to othesr, and to serve the forces of Order, most make a point of refusing to directly work for Teclis.

Page 61, in the Idoneth section:

The deities of Order do not ask for a Soulbound Idoneth’s faith or worship, only their obedience. In exchange, they are granted great power
and freedom from pain. In their struggle against Chaos, the Soulbound Idoneth have access to many souls, both those of conquered enemies and fallen allies. For a few Idoneth, this is a bargain worth making, though most make a point of stating they will never serve Teclis the Illuminator directly.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Athrawes said:

Likewise, there is an interesting blurb of lore in the Soulbound RPG that said, while some Idoneth are willing to tolerate being soulbound to othesr, and to serve the forces of Order, most make a point of refusing to directly work for Teclis.

Page 61, in the Idoneth section:

Thanks for sharing this, interesting. So maybe not idoneth!

Was just hoping as I’m currently working on a small force, was quietly hoping I could ally them. But probably not.

I could see Sylvaneth fitting as well, afterall the Lore we got for the Lumineth emphasized their connection to the Land itself and to the Spirits that reside within.
If I remember correctly the Sylvaneth have some Allegiance Ability which is  connected to the Landscape:  "Places of Arcane Power" or something like that.  -  Also the Sylvaneth do not have many Allies at the Moment so from GW's perpective: More Allies = more in between Faction impulse purchases, may seem likely. 
Alarielle and Teclis in the same Army anyone? :D

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Aloth_Corfiser said:

I could see Sylvaneth fitting as well, afterall the Lore we got for the Lumineth emphasized their connection to the Land itself and to the Spirits that reside within.
If I remember correctly the Sylvaneth have some Allegiance Ability which is  connected to the Landscape:  "Places of Arcane Power" or something like that.  -  Also the Sylvaneth do not have many Allies at the Moment so from GW's perpective: More Allies = more in between Faction impulse purchases, may seem likely. 
Alarielle and Teclis in the same Army anyone? :D

Oh that power combo of Teclis and Alarielle would be painful. but I agree sylvaneth would be a wonderful choice. and give me a reason to buy some after I picked up the book then ignored it.

Edited by Yuviel Lightbringer

So I'm on the hunt for models that could represent what I imagined would be my character for Lumineth, but I'm running into a stone wall. If we do not get a swordmage (which is looking more and more likely, but I sill have hope) then I am looking to create my own hero of a stone mage. Problem is, What I have in mind of a hero standing on a meditation stone doesn't really fit in with what I have in mind. The only models I could see working are third party ones, such as the Last sword Dragon Guard Patrol (https://lastsword.com/en/producto/dragonguard-patrol/) or the Highborn Elf Prince from Avatars of War (https://en.avatars-of-war.com/collections/elves/products/highborn-elf-commander)

Should I just wait and see? or do you guys think there is something I'm missing. I want to have a lord kinda modeled after marcus aurelius in terms of spirit, but I have no clue what model would fit the bill.

7 hours ago, Acid_Nine said:

So I'm on the hunt for models that could represent what I imagined would be my character for Lumineth, but I'm running into a stone wall. If we do not get a swordmage (which is looking more and more likely, but I sill have hope) then I am looking to create my own hero of a stone mage. Problem is, What I have in mind of a hero standing on a meditation stone doesn't really fit in with what I have in mind. The only models I could see working are third party ones, such as the Last sword Dragon Guard Patrol (https://lastsword.com/en/producto/dragonguard-patrol/) or the Highborn Elf Prince from Avatars of War (https://en.avatars-of-war.com/collections/elves/products/highborn-elf-commander)

Should I just wait and see? or do you guys think there is something I'm missing. I want to have a lord kinda modeled after marcus aurelius in terms of spirit, but I have no clue what model would fit the bill.

You could still wait and see. I don't think it's likely we still have unrevealed Lumineth right now, but you never know, as long as we don't have the Battletome. We'll get the box first so you'll have some time anyway. 

The High Wardens seem to fit most among the Lumineth with what you have in mind, they seem to be swordmages. But I'm not sure if you'd like one of them to be your character.

And then there is Eltharion of course. The model looks different enough from the former Eltharion the Grim model that it could be kind of any former swordmage hero of the High Elves revived. If you like the model, maybe you can come up with a good story about why your character ended up in a similar way to Eltharion. 

If you want to stick to AOS models, I guess looking closely at the Stormcast range would be your best bet of finding a Marcus Aurelius like model. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Acid_Nine said:

I'm sure we'll get one in time, but I think what we have seen thus far, is it for the immediate release.

One of the best parts of the Warhammer hobby is getting creative, I love making characters/miniatures that don't exist and making interesting conversions to fit existing rules, there are tons of existing warscrolls that can be used in novel ways!

For my Idoneth, I wanted a dragon mounted character, but since GW never made one, I created one myself, using the rules of an Eidolon.

epnNXRa.jpg

For the Lumineth, I also wanted a mounted hero, so I've decided to do the same thing! I posted some WIP images of the sculpt a few pages back.

I'm creating a hero mounted on a Aelementor Spirit, and I'll end up using the Generic Alarith Mountain spirit as his warscroll (that way he can use Lumineth Relics or command traits). 

When you look at other armies, a lot of "heroes on great mount" have similar statlines/attack profiles to the mid sized monsters like the Mountain Spirit and the Eidolon. 

If that doesn't work for you, start looking at some of the potential allies Lumineth might have for a suitible warscroll, and then go crazy converting an appropriate Lumineth model!

Edited by Athrawes
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Athrawes said:

I'm sure we'll get one in time, but I think what we have seen thus far, is it for the immediate release.

One of the best parts of the Warhammer hobby is getting creative, I love making characters/miniatures that don't exist and making interesting conversions to fit existing rules, there are tons of existing warscrolls that can be used in novel ways!

For my Idoneth, I wanted a dragon mounted character, but since GW never made one, I created one myself, using the rules of an Eidolon.

----pic goes here---

For the Lumineth, I also wanted a mounted hero, so I've decided to do the same thing! I posted some WIP images of the sculpt a few pages back.

I'm creating a hero mounted on a Aelementor Spirit, and I'll end up using the Generic Alarith Mountain spirit as his warscroll (that way he can use Lumineth Relics or command traits). 

When you look at other armies, a lot of "heroes on great mount" have similar statlines/attack profiles to the mid sized monsters like the Mountain Spirit and the Eidolon. 

If that doesn't work for you, start looking at some of the potential allies Lumineth might have for a suitible warscroll, and then go crazy converting an appropriate Lumineth model!

Yea, I figured this current release is all we get, so I was thinking of ways to make my own character, and I already thought about a stand in for Eltharion or a stone mage. I completely forgot about a stand in for the Alarith Spirit, though! that is a pretty good idea, I'll just have to think of a way to make it look like it would make sense. My local gaming group is good with stand ins, but they usually have to look like the model or be similar enough for the opponent to tell the difference. 

But, your examples have given me a few ideas. I could see myself going two different ways with that. both ideas feature either the Tauralion or the Griffon captain. I will try and be patient, but it doesn't hurt to have back up plans, right?

Edit: the AoS deathmatch thing went up, but I wonder if the writer behind it fudged the numbers for Eltharion to win these duals, or if he really is that good of a duelist?

Edited by Acid_Nine
update
  • Like 1

Great.

And in my experience, these sort of things work out well. I mostly play in GWs and in GW tournaments, so all my models need to be 100% GW bits or peices I sculpt myself. And it's a good Idea to shoot for goals like that to focus your creativity (otherwise it is easy to get overwhelmend by models to use as a basis)  Make sure what you make fits the warscroll, this is also why I heavily favor conversion over "count as"

Now, no one has seen the Alarith's generic warcrolll yet, but based on the battle report and the wounds it took, not to mention it's size there are plenty of educated guess people can make. 10+ wounds, 100mm base (going off tons of reference photos) about 5.6 inches tall from hoof to mountain peak, ect.

bYUzIzV.jpg

AAX7IGa.jpg

That gives so much starting info, That's why my lord/mount are on the cloud/mountain to make it approx. the same size as the Alarith, it will rest on the same base as well. Most mounted lords on great beasts have the 9-14 ish wounds so that checks as well, I even made sure to make the creature visually identifiable as a Aelf spirit with the same mask (even the same mountain as the alarith) so that if there are any battletome abilities that effect Aelementors it would make internal logic that they would effect my mount/lord as well.

All that said, it's probably a good idea to not run your creation alongside a generic version of the same warscoll,  to help fight confusion. For example, I would try not to run my lord next to another base model spirit of the mountain, however different versions/special characters like Avelenor give you a bit more wiggle room, so long as there are no warscroll duplicates using different models, you are normally in the clear. 

Any time you plop down a lovingly converted model, with good intent, if someone rejects a game with you because of it, they are probably not going to be fun to play against anyways, so it's a self correcting problem in my book!

Good luck!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

7 hours ago, Athrawes said:

Great.

And in my experience, these sort of things work out well. I mostly play in GWs and in GW tournaments, so all my models need to be 100% GW bits or peices I sculpt myself. And it's a good Idea to shoot for goals like that to focus your creativity (otherwise it is easy to get overwhelmend by models to use as a basis)  Make sure what you make fits the warscroll, this is also why I heavily favor conversion over "count as"

Now, no one has seen the Alarith's generic warcrolll yet, but based on the battle report and the wounds it took, not to mention it's size there are plenty of educated guess people can make. 10+ wounds, 100mm base (going off tons of reference photos) about 5.6 inches tall from hoof to mountain peak, ect.

bYUzIzV.jpg

AAX7IGa.jpg

That gives so much starting info, That's why my lord/mount are on the cloud/mountain to make it approx. the same size as the Alarith, it will rest on the same base as well. Most mounted lords on great beasts have the 9-14 ish wounds so that checks as well, I even made sure to make the creature visually identifiable as a Aelf spirit with the same mask (even the same mountain as the alarith) so that if there are any battletome abilities that effect Aelementors it would make internal logic that they would effect my mount/lord as well.

All that said, it's probably a good idea to not run your creation alongside a generic version of the same warscoll,  to help fight confusion. For example, I would try not to run my lord next to another base model spirit of the mountain, however different versions/special characters like Avelenor give you a bit more wiggle room, so long as there are no warscroll duplicates using different models, you are normally in the clear. 

Any time you plop down a lovingly converted model, with good intent, if someone rejects a game with you because of it, they are probably not going to be fun to play against anyways, so it's a self correcting problem in my book!

Good luck!

Admire the creativity. Been trying to find a way to make a replacement for the cow thing with no sucess.

I actually love the Alararith mountain Spirit too! I'm definitely going to paint one up, but as of now, without looking towards allies, the Mountain Spirit seems to be the best warscroll within the Lumineth  faction to represent a mounted Prince, I had toyed with Eltharion or the Stone mage but they are both too small.

Whether or not it makes the most sense from a lore standpoint, I feel using the Mountain spirit, and giving him the Aqshy Thermalrider cloak, will be the best way to represent what I'm going for, it will give him +4 movement and fly, which should let the model I've created make thematic/visual sense to opponents. Plus, Thermalrider cloak seems appropriate to represent a wind spirit!

Awesome model, and a cool earth elemental. It doesn't really sell "wise aelf allied spirit" though, I think you're idea of adding a mage and some aelf runes could help, but the big defining thing so far with the lumineth design language for spirits, and what Phil Kelly mentioned in his interview is that the Aelemetors only come to life because the Lumineth have crafted magical masks to give them form. 

I think to sell that as Lumineth, and not just a generic Rock monster it really needs a mask ala Celennar or the Mountain spirits. Doesn't have to be a Longhorn I'd imagine there are a wide range of forms they could take, but the mask to me is kind of the defining thing.

Either way, I'm looking forward to see what other people come up with, as I've been rocking away on my own with little outside input/inspiration. Can not WAIT for that that to change and the flood gates to open.

Hi there! Testing a possible conversion for the Alarith Stoneguard drawing some inspiration from old Saphery iconography. I still need to add details to fix some areas.

C&C welcomed.

Parts:
-Head. Phoenix Guard + HE shield iconography
-Body. Shadow warriors
-Arms + weapon. Phoenix Guard + Duarding Hammerers
-Legs. Phoenix Guard

98427520_2921603021280430_9104072164792860672_o.jpg

99130357_2921603024613763_6507797325220413440_o.jpg

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 3

44 minutes ago, ArchaicArc said:

7N_mRu~6e_2DO3-w.jpg
probably something for one of the spin off games... but slightly elvish...?

Hmm this looks like vampires to me. The blood drop iconography and the Renaissance style hand guard, to be precise. 

Edited by Tiberius501