Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

Finally, I present my Mystical version of Teclis 🤩

Wanted a better angle for Teclis too rather than the floating down one.

Still can't believe I did it! 😆 Considering the initial construct with single magnet point failed and wings snapped, etc. 😂

Bear with me for some touch-ups in due time. 😅

976EA138-1EBA-4FB2-ACD6-43182BB6A73F.jpeg

7CA4D556-9B60-4584-9E35-7976659AE7C7.jpeg

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 3

50 minutes ago, jartem said:

Finally, I present my Mystical version of Teclis 🤩

Wanted a better angle for Teclis too rather than the floating down one.

Still can't believe I did it! 😆 Considering the initial construct with single magnet point failed and wings snapped, etc. 😂

Bear with me for some touch-ups in due time. 😅

976EA138-1EBA-4FB2-ACD6-43182BB6A73F.jpeg

7CA4D556-9B60-4584-9E35-7976659AE7C7.jpeg

That looks really magnificent! Very interesting call with the wings, never would have thought of that!

10 hours ago, ThalmorRepresentative said:

I have crossed the 50% assembly completion across my army, with 58 models assembled in total so far.

I'm 5 Sentinels away from completing my first unit of 20.

I have a stonemage, the last set of Wardens I need, and a Stoneguard kit that should arrive sometime tomorrow.

pNPMZ0i.jpg

zvRVkOk.jpg

50%?! Geeze I gotta step up my game. I am almost finishing my first 10 since I got my paints! Well done good sir!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ThalmorRepresentative said:

@Acid_Nine lol, well I'm putting in most of my afternoons into assembly. It's a real grind, but it's rewarding to see the army taking shape. I know if I don't push myself through it now while I'm inspired, it's going to take me absolutely forever to get the army on the table! 

Still a lot, really nice job! I’m at 47, and just finished building and priming everything for my 1,000 list. I have the same thing, trying to get my 2,000 list done, as long as I’m still super motivated. The rest will take much longer. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/15/2020 at 2:09 PM, Incineroar87 said:

How popular do you think Lumineth is currently? I’m seeing GW advertise the army fairly hard with the posts on the FB site and my local shops sold out of the entire range very quickly.   It def looks like despite the controversy it could be more popular than armies that sold badly like Fyreslayers and Idoneth.

I love that LRL are bringing players to AoS for the first time or back to the game. So for me it isn't about popularity.

I hope the range sells, although I think the push from GW may be cos it's not selling as well as hoped. Our local stockist ordered around 80 starter boxes and have since sold less than half (they're online and have 20% discount btw so it isn't just a local thing). As a result they've ordered a lot less LRL stock through individual releases.

This could be down to many things: price, pandemic, recession, quality, rules, faction... you name it. I think it's too early to tell if LRL will be a popular faction.

But the fact it is bringing back or bringing new players to AoS is a good thing.

Edited by Mcthew
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Gecktron said:

Happy final release day everyone!

Back when we got the first Stone Guard pictures, there was a lot of conversion talk. One popular option was using the Bull faces on top of the helmets as masks. So I tried to do just that, and I think it works out pretty well!

IMG_20200918_214937__01.jpg.b11d9443e3e1f1e9d092845a55344425.jpgIMG_20200918_214944__01.jpg.9cc32118714271fc44cbdf83ec62cd72.jpg

This is fantastic. A purchase of this box was pending wether this idea was going to look ok, 3rd party helmets just are not quite right. On any model.
Also the diamond picks are great! I was worried that the mallets felt a little animaniacs, but these look like actual warhammers. 
I love the cow imagery and this works so well. 
Dam im all keen again. Going to go and paint. 

@Gecktron It's looking good! I'll be assembling the O.G. Helms personally 😁, they've grown on me a lot since I first looked at them.

Are the normal heads for Stoneguard ball jointed where they insert into the model? If so, Dawnrider heads could be an option🤔 for those who are willing.

Edited by ThalmorRepresentative

5 hours ago, Gecktron said:

Back when we got the first Stone Guard pictures, there was a lot of conversion talk. One popular option was using the Bull faces on top of the helmets as masks. So I tried to do just that, and I think it works out pretty well!

IMG_20200918_214937__01.jpg.b11d9443e3e1f1e9d092845a55344425.jpgIMG_20200918_214944__01.jpg.9cc32118714271fc44cbdf83ec62cd72.jpg

I like them how they are, but great to see this is a good option too. Will make some people really happy 😃 

And the models look awesome, I should receive mine any minute. 

11 hours ago, Gecktron said:

Hmmm. That looks ... kinda cool. 😎 thanks for posting this. With the mask mod they really connect to the Spirit o the Mtn style.  Are the heads ball jointed like the Riders? 

1 hour ago, Wyliekyote said:

Hmmm. That looks ... kinda cool. 😎 thanks for posting this. With the mask mod they really connect to the Spirit o the Mtn style.  Are the heads ball jointed like the Riders? 

Sadly, no. The Alarith Stone Guard heads are flat at the bottom. 

The heads are really infuriating. Flats on the gard, balls on the Dawnriders, and then there are the Sentinels and Warden, which are just weird...

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gecktron said:

The heads are really infuriating. Flats on the gard, balls on the Dawnriders, and then there are the Sentinels and Warden, which are just weird..

Totally agree. The Wardens were/are weird, kinda flat, with maybe an angle to help out positioning.  And then the Dawn‘s are a  ball joint?  Neato.  The flexibility the ball joint gives you is very cool. Hopefully we will see it on other/more models in the future. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Gecktron said:

This looks really good and I'm seriously tempted to do it for my Truestone Seneschal. I've got the two parts of the helmet stuck together now, but would you mind telling me whereabouts you made the cut?  Thanks!

Also, putting the diamondpick on Stoneguard 5 in the instructions puts (imo) the head of the weapon in an awkward position, as if they have just finished a swing rather than are winding up. Has anyone reversed the head successfully? Should be relatively easy, right?