Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

2 hours ago, l1censetochill said:

Really good looking color scheme there - I love the parted design on the shields with inverted colors. When I paint my next unit of Wardens I may yoink that idea from you to help tell them apart!

Thankyou.  Love to see the result when you're done.  I was aiming for a Yin-Yang feel as it seemed to fit the theme.  Of course I didn't realise what I was getting myself into on the actually painting it front :) .

Yours are looking great, nice and clean.  Both you and @LuminethMage have lovely colour schemes well executed.  It's just nice to see the diversity.  I have two main passions in this hobby Aelves and Greenskins (of all kinds)  and it always seems to take longer painting Aelves, even though I'm sure my Ironjawz have just as much detail on the models!

• Like 1

Greetings guys! Less than two weeks ago I finished painting my first Lumineth Realmlords list. I then went on holiday to the country house of a close friend and together with a couple of other friends we made kind of a warhammer summer camp. I played 7 battles all in all and had tons of fun with our new aelves! I've even began writting my battles in one of the AoS journals GW had made available a couple of years back..

The list was:

Zaitrec
x1 Akhelian King
x1 Alarith Stonemage with Fast Learner and Gift of Celennar.
x1 Scinari Cathallar
x1 Scinari Cathallar
x1 Light of Eltharion
x20 Vanari Auralan Wardens
x10 Vanari Dawnriders
x5 Vanari Dawnriders
x3 Morssar Guard
x1 Hyshian Twinstones
x1 Extra Command Point

I haven't included the spells I chose in the list as I tried several different combinations.. I have come to several conclusions regarding how the army plays. I don't want to spam you so if you any of you are interested in hearing my musings tell me and I'll try to elaborate on the subject!

Here are some pics from my battles! 🙂 

117771436_1638372899662598_6180380849286742923_n.jpg

117946544_292187855214600_3618808010308380746_n.jpg

117444342_643597082947800_7182631810319838692_n.jpg

117605753_1001591246951521_2026981735228306159_n.jpg

117769669_795290034544503_491058712872039192_n.jpg

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

31 minutes ago, Siegfried VII said:

Greetings guys! Less than two weeks ago I finished painting my first Lumineth Realmlords list. I then went on holiday to the country house of a close friend and together with a couple of other friends we made kind of a warhammer summer camp. I played 7 battles all in all and had tons of fun with our new aelves! I've even began writting my battles in one of the AoS journals GW had made available a couple of years back..

The list was:

Zaitrec
x1 Akhelian King
x1 Scinari Cathallar
x1 Scinari Cathallar
x1 Light of Eltharion
x10 Vanari Dawnriders
x5 Vanari Dawnriders
x3 Morssar Guard
x1 Hyshian Twinstones
x1 Extra Command Point

I haven't included the spells I chose in the list as I tried several different combinations.. I have come to several conclusions regarding how the army plays. I don't want to spam you so if you any of you are interested in hearing my musings tell me and I'll try to elaborate on the subject!

Definitely interested in hearing how those battles went!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Siegfried VII said:

The list was:

Zaitrec
x1 Akhelian King
x1 Scinari Cathallar
x1 Scinari Cathallar
x1 Light of Eltharion
x10 Vanari Dawnriders
x5 Vanari Dawnriders
x3 Morssar Guard
x1 Hyshian Twinstones
x1 Extra Command Point

really cool, well done indeed. I too would be very interested in getting your thoughts. also would love to hear how you did those blue bases?

cheers

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Adeeb said:

Definitely interested in hearing how those battles went!

6 hours ago, woolf said:

really cool, well done indeed. I too would be very interested in getting your thoughts. also would love to hear how you did those blue bases

cheers

The first battle was against Nighthaunt and it was a loss. The second battle was against a beast oriented Disciples of Tzeentch list which I won and the other 5 were against Cities of Sigmar Tempest Eye dwarf oriented (both a version with Kharadron Ironclad and another with Gortrek) which again I won. So all in all I have so far 6 Major Victories and 1 Major Loss.

I made quite a few mistakes as I kept forgetting to cast some spells or pass the -1 bravery with the Cathallar when I used aetherquartz but game by game I kept and will keep getting better.  We clearly need to use tokens for aetherquartz but also for buff spells etc because it is easy to lose track.. We also need movement trays customized for our shinning company formations as it is a nightmare to keep it together without those..

Now regarding our units:

The Wardens are awesome and I believe the magic number is 20. I think you get very nice effect without making the units cumbersome and 240pts will not hurt you that much even if you lose them. Their damage output is really great especially with the the power of hysh cast on them and with their 3 inches reach they can put the hurt behind screens if the opponent is not careful enough. 

The Dawnriders are  essential tool in our army in my opinion. The 28 inches threat is really powerful and against 1 wound infantry their damage is devastating. I have decided that I will include at least a unit of 10 and a unit of 5 in all my lists.. Plus they are beautiful models!

The Cathallars are  a must and I believe that we for sure need 2 or 3 of them in our lists. Their ability to pass the battleshock and transfer the losses to the opponent is really great

The Stonemage is not mandatory for sure but he gives us some nice alternative spells and thus more diversity.

The Light of Eltharion is after Gortrek easily the strongest foot melle hero in the game. His Achilles heel are mortal wounds of course and he suffers against mortal wound inflicting enemies but he hits like a train and can take the some hurt too. That being said together with Morssar Guard he is the first one who will  be removed from the list when I'll try the Sentinels..

Morssar guard are always a solid choice and add mobility and pin-point damage to the army but are certainly not essential and can be easily replaced by something else.

The Akhelian King is for my own pleasure as I always want a fighter character in my army so I indulged myself! That being said he is no push-over and he addas a very mobile character in our ranks who can also pack some punch.

The Hyshian twinstones are great when we are faced with good unbinders in the enemy army so they have their uses and they are cheap.

Our lore is so awesome that I almost never used the spells on the warscroll of my wizards, the lightning reactions can ruin the opponent's day  and we are also very powerful with a triuph, especially if we get the reroll to hit one..

All in all the army feels very rewarding to play, is very tactical and plays in all phases. I just love it! High Elves are back with a vengeance!! 🙂 

p.s. The bases are Thousand Sons Blue, then Drakenhof Nightshade and highlights with Lothern Blue (they are shattered domain bases). Then I used some blue/green tufts from  GameGrass and the crystals are from greenstuff world.. 

Edited by Siegfried VII
  • Like 6

Very nice, great to see a full army on the field, looks awesome. Judging from the photo though, you seem a bit young for playing Age of Sigmar - but great job keeping ahead of everything from under the table! : ) 

In earnest though - great to hear you had fun, and feel it's a rewarding army. Major props on already having everything painted! The yellow-orange makes for a great impact. 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

Very nice, great to see a full army on the field, looks awesome. Judging from the photo though, you seem a bit young for playing Age of Sigmar - but great job keeping ahead of everything from under the table! : ) 

In earnest though - great to hear you had fun, and feel it's a rewarding army. Major props on already having everything painted! The yellow-orange makes for a great impact. 

He he the blond boy  in the pic is the son of one of my friends! I almost had a stroke when he got near the miniatures but thankfully there were no "accidents".. 😆

In the last years it seems I'm drawn to orange for my colour schemes.. I believe that since I'm almost 20 years in the hobby and after painting hundrends of models in quite a few wargames in all kinds of colours I now tend to try new things other than the classic ones.. I'll try to get some closer pictures of the models to share with the gang.. 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So this happened haha. I’ve been looking at my Iliathan scheme for a few weeks now on the test I tried and for whatever reason I haven’t been feelin’ it. So I’ve done the poster boi scheme and am much happier with them. Should hopefully get on painting the rest of the unit tomorrow. 

37BADAC7-B32E-4972-A5C6-E121C13B72EC.jpeg

EE754F7B-284B-4146-838F-ADB7AB453EEB.jpeg

4AD749CB-3886-4433-A2D6-E6E12C5A25F8.jpeg

• Like 5

That is really a nice colour scheme. Although I might prefer brighter jewels as an eye catcher.

May I ask how you painted the robe? On the one hand it seems to be quick that you can paint 60-100 Aelves but also very smooth and clean.

Is it done traditionally with Seraphim Sepia Shade or with some Contrast?

The difference between the sepia and the clear white on the armour is nice, too.

• Thanks 1

A bit sad that you gave up on the Iliatha scheme, but the Ymetrica one does look great, and the cream/blue always feels very Warhammer elf-y. I also always feel a bit like I should have gone with that, so I totally understand you there. And it is carried out very well, Very nice and clean, the robe edges have been a real pain for me so far. 👍 

• Like 1

Thanks :)I’m a bit sad about it too haha, it’s a really cool scheme. But yeah I couldn’t quite get behind it quite as much as the more traditional high elf scheme. Maybe it’s all the Warhammer Total War I’ve been playing 😛 

Edited by Tiberius501
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Tiberius501 said:

Thanks :)I’m a bit sad about it too haha, it’s a really cool scheme. But yeah I couldn’t quite get behind it quite as much as the more traditional high elf scheme. Maybe it’s all the Warhammer Total War I’ve been playing 😛 

I totally know what you mean. Every time I play TW WH (which in my case is synonymous with playing the Loremaster faction lol), I'm a bit pissed that they didn't give the Saphery scheme to Teclis. Although thinking about it .... his TT WH faction scheme is a bit similar to Zaitrec's .... (damn you subconsciousness!). Besides the main scheme, Imrik's is great, but a bit too far away from Zaitrec's moon focused thematic. If Tyrion ever becomes a thing, that would likely be awesome for one of his nations. 

• Like 1

I has question about the Sanctum of Amyntok. It says that you -1 to hit rolls and +1 to save rolls for attacks that target this MODEL, but if a unit are in it, then that’s only the unit leader, as he’s the one who counts as a wizard. So does that mean only the unit leader has the +1 save? Which would potentially mean you don’t get it unless you’re willing to kill off the unit leader? Or am I bad at reading? (I have been known for understanding rules poorly).

In any case, I really hope Teclis can fit inside. 

Edited by Tiberius501

4 hours ago, Tiberius501 said:

I has question about the Sanctum of Amyntok. It says that you -1 to hit rolls and +1 to save rolls for attacks that target this MODEL, but if a unit are in it, then that’s only the unit leader, as he’s the one who counts as a wizard. So does that mean only the unit leader has the +1 save? Which would potentially mean you don’t get it unless you’re willing to kill off the unit leader? Or am I bad at reading? (I have been known for understanding rules poorly).

In any case, I really hope Teclis can fit inside. 

Sadly Teclis almost certainly won’t fit. And concerning your question - this was answered in the FAQ:

If an enemy unit targets the unit inside the Sanctum of Amyntok, the modifiers to hit and save rolls from the ‘Sigil of Yngra’ ability do not apply, unless the caster
is the only model from that unit on the battlefield.

You can also have parts of a unit inside and outside of the Sanctum. The thing is a bit funky with units. Looks like it’s mostly meant to be used by the Scinari and the Stonemage. 

• Like 1

Looking forward to that one. So we get the two obvious archetypes, likely the Scinari Cathallar will be a third. I wonder what they do with the rest. Whether they use one of the unit champions or if they make one out the options we had in the Battletome, but no model yet (Loreseeker, lord/lady etc.). If it’s the later, it might show us what is to come. There is only a really slim chance though for that to happen. We only have seen one archetype so far which doesn’t have a model, and that one isn’t connected to any of the factions. 

Because they are using the Seneschal look,  it say it’s a Stoneguard, we might also just see a Warden and Dawnrider as the other archetypes. 

Anyway, looking forward to this supplement. Also because of the other content in it. Sounds great.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

Arrgghhhhh, why was this guy not part of the release for the Lumineth... .

And looks like we get the River faction in there.  And a proper melee hero maybe? At least from the looks.

55E77171-12A5-4292-ACF1-EDDDB06C6C55.jpeg

forgot that the preview was today! of all the ways to introduce a new elemental faction this wasnt the way I figured they would do it. I know we need to know more, but still pretty interesting that this is where they are giving some new units. Plus, I guess the river guys have the missing greatswords! 

This may be the stepping stone I need to get into warhammer underworlds too. 

Plus the slaaneshi mortals look pretty damn awesome.

I am also really, really interested in the warcry stuff, but unfortunately I don't think I can afford another set.

• Like 3

It does look like it’ll be a great few months at least for aelf players of all kinds. That’s really a plethora of potentially great stuff coming our way. The Underworld box, the Morathi book etc. 

I have no idea how Underworld works, it doesn’t look like it’s the River faction as such. We have an Alarith in there and the mage if at all looks more like from a Wind Temple. The sword warrior more like a generic hero. Let’s see, I hope their rules make them useful in AoS too, if not at least they look like some great models. Can’t wait to hear more. 

Well it’s time for a change of appearance, that mage looks exactly like what I was waiting for ... 

Edited by LuminethMage

31 minutes ago, Yuviel Lightbringer said:

I  hope thats the case, that way the little snipits of lore will have so much payoff if done well.

Yep I’m keen for any lore the team has too. And any new Lumineth models are welcome, given they’re now my favourite faction of all time, and also our range is a little small right now. 

• Like 1