Sons of Behemat Discussion 👣

Gareth 🍄

4 hours ago, Magnus The Blue said:

Can't for the life of me decide between them, the Breaker Tribe feels like it's going to be better at winning games but the Stompier feels more fun.  Might even be temped to switch the Gatebreaker for a Kraken Eater in the Stomper one, but I have leaving points unspent.

I think the triumph +1 to wound is crucial with so many profile with few attacks, so points unspent for that purpose are a wise choice. When you roll so few dice, every missed shot is a massive instant DPS loss.

Well, mancrushes even without horde bonuses (veterans or stomper) are good DPS (with a charge of Breakers' Mancrushers Mob I removed nearly 20 Bladegheists with ward 5+).

So as far as they are concerned, I am quite satisfied. I've done two tests for now: Stomper tribe with War, Brodd, Kraken and 3 mini vs 8 dragons with Gardus (of the two the most interesting game, which I won) Breaker tribe with Gate, Beast, Kraken and 3 mini vs a classic Scarlet Doom (the less beautiful match, as the opponent conceded in the third round).

To tell the truth I have not yet found the right lineup with the Mega, so it's early for conclusions, but the next one I try is this:
Kragnos
Warstomper (40 Wounds and Oak)
Beast-Smasher (feets)
2x1 Mancrushers (bounty hunters)

Edited by Holy_Diver

I finished assembling King Brodd! I decided to shorten the haft of his hammer and give him a kingly sceptre to dual wield.IMG20221022221054.jpg.4cb833d390f951f50c982bc8408416f1.jpg

Also he got a barrel of ale in case he gets thirsty kicking Sigmar in his Sig-nuts.

IMG20221022221038.jpg.280260cc1e2bbabe5a0df88cdd2c7b7d.jpg

I love these gargant kits, old and new! So many little bits to swap around! 😁

• Like 2

My ghost lost vs my fiends gigants 21-24image.jpeg.9135c229b30e84287c580aa6ffea691b.jpeg
Army Type: Stomper Tribe
-Grand Strategy: No Place for the Weak
- Triumph: Inspired
LEADERS
Warstomper (450)* - General - Command Traits: Monstrously Tough - Artefacts of Power: Club of the First Oak King Brodd (580)*
Kraken-Eater (490)* - Artefacts of Power: Glowy Shield of Protectiness
BATTLELINE
Mancrusher Mob (450)
CORE BATTALIONS *Bosses of the Stomp- Magnificent
TOTAL POINTS: 1970/2000

• 2 weeks later...

Played my Son's in a local 1-dayer yesterday.  Had a blast and even won the event.  Really loving the new book, feels slightly less powerful but much more fun.

My list:

- Army Faction: Sons of Behemat
     - Army Type: Stomper Tribe
     - Grand Strategy: Make the Land Tremble!
     - Triumph: Bloodthirsty
LEADERS
Warstomper (450)*
     - General
     - Command Traits: Eager for the Fight
     - Artefacts of Power: Glowy Shield of Protectiness
King Brodd (580)*
Kraken-Eater (490)*
     - Artefacts of Power: Amberbone Totem
BATTLELINE
Mancrusher Gargant (150)**
CORE BATTALIONS
*Bosses of the Stomp
     - Magnificent

**Bounty Hunters
TOTAL POINTS: 1970/2000
Created with Warhammer Age of Sigmar: The App

I played Stormcast, Khorne with Incarnate and Seraphon with Kroak (the event didn't use the new points).  Every game I was left with 20-30 wounds on the table but nearly wiping out opponent and pulling ahead on VPs turn 4-5.  One thing that surprised me was how useful the Collosal Slam was, must have used it 5 time over the three game to great effect. Repositioning enemy monster is just so useful for breaking auras, forcing advantageous matchups and creating charging lines.

PXL_20221031_100327238.jpg

PXL_20221031_100400959.jpg

PXL_20221031_100407376.jpg

PXL_20221031_100417398.jpg

PXL_20221030_203730541.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Keggers TwoButts, Gargant Master-Brewer, has been sitting in my head for the longest time, but now he’s free, ready to roam the mortal realms and keep the cellars of @KingBrodd well stocked.

With the Aleguzzler Gargants once again walking with the Gloomspite Gitz, somebody needs to make the ale to guzzle. Keggers TwoButts, self-styled Gargant Master-Brewer, keeps the other gargants liquored up for the fight with rivers of Ale from his portable still. When asked where he got it, Keggers tells the story of rescuing the famed dwarf brewer-Master Jakkob Bugmansson XI from his crashed Sky-Frigate. The dwarf was so moved he gifted one of his stills to Keggers. When Bugmansson was asked about this he said his vessel was knocked out of the sky by a flung boulder and an unknown Gargant kicked open the side of the crashed frigate and scarpered with everything in the hold. Whatever the truth, it can't be denied Keggers TwoButts makes a powerful and surprisingly tasty Ale. 

0EA91566-6C83-44D5-AF66-5CEDB00C0CDD.jpeg

A961C9EA-DD69-4E22-8FB6-7A8CADBF926A.jpeg

06EEA8D8-2893-4D98-8985-5FDC9A385175.jpeg

D2751F74-6BED-4AA5-91A4-6B5C78AB79B9.jpeg

Edited by The Wah
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

4 hours ago, The Wah said:

Keggers TwoButts, Gargant Master-Brewer, has been sitting in my head for the longest time, but now he’s free, ready to roam the mortal realms and keep the cellars of @KingBrodd well stocked.

With the Aleguzzler Gargants once again walking with the Gloomspite Gitz, somebody needs to make the ale to guzzle. Keggers TwoButts, self-styled Gargant Master-Brewer, keeps the other gargants liquored up for the fight with rivers of Ale from his portable still. When asked where he got it, Keggers tells the story of rescuing the famed dwarf brewer-Master Jakkob Bugmansson XI from his crashed Sky-Frigate. The dwarf was so moved he gifted one of his stills to Keggers. When Bugmansson was asked about this he said his vessel was knocked out of the sky by a flung boulder and an unknown Gargant kicked open the side of the crashed frigate and scarpered with everything in the hold. Whatever the truth, it can't be denied Keggers TwoButts makes a powerful and surprisingly tasty Ale. 

0EA91566-6C83-44D5-AF66-5CEDB00C0CDD.jpeg

A961C9EA-DD69-4E22-8FB6-7A8CADBF926A.jpeg

06EEA8D8-2893-4D98-8985-5FDC9A385175.jpeg

D2751F74-6BED-4AA5-91A4-6B5C78AB79B9.jpeg

He's epic mate!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hey all, I've got a 1,000 point tourney coming up this weekend and was hoping to get my list finalized. The tourney does have some restrictions, one being only one Mega can be taken. Currently I'm running the following:

Stomper Tribe:

Warstomper

General, Club of the First Oak, Monstrously Tough

Mancrusher Mob

Grand Strategy: On the Warpath

Triumph: Inspired

Total: 900

A couple changes I was thinking about are, giving the Warstomper Arcane Tome and flaming weapon for some magic defense and extra damage, breaking the mob up into 3 individual Mancrushers for more board presence and an easier grand strategy in Make the Land Tremble. I'm also not opposed to switching tribes if needed.

• 2 months later...

I think this is the right place- which variant of the mega gargants is most fun to play? I ask as I found a pair of old WHFB giants cleaning out old minis and am giving them a dettol day spa. Figured I'd start the Sons of Behemat as they look like a blast to play regardless of bringing less than ten models to the table.

One other question- how recent is the army book? I'm a little leery of picking it up only to have it invalidated a few months down the track.

• 1 month later...

Hi Im really thinking of starting sons, and after a little research this a lista I think It wound work

- Army Type: Breaker Tribe
LEADERS
Gatebreaker (500)
     - General
     - Command Traits: Monstrously Tough
Gatebreaker (500)
     - Artefacts of Power: Amulet of Destiny
King Brodd (520)
BATTLELINE
Mancrusher Mob (420)
CORE BATTALIONS
*Bosses of the Stomp
TOTAL POINTS: 1940/2000

But before I buy anything Im open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance 

On 6/17/2023 at 4:56 AM, Aussiemandias said:

I think this is the right place- which variant of the mega gargants is most fun to play? I ask as I found a pair of old WHFB giants cleaning out old minis and am giving them a dettol day spa. Figured I'd start the Sons of Behemat as they look like a blast to play regardless of bringing less than ten models to the table.

One other question- how recent is the army book? I'm a little leery of picking it up only to have it invalidated a few months down the track.

I haven't played as Sons, so can't speak to which is the best experience in that regard. But as for the age of the book, it is less than a year old and is of the current edition. So I don't anticipate it being invalidated before (at the absolute pinnacle earliest) winter 2024-2025.

Another lista Im thinking ...

LEADERS
Kragnos (720)
Gatebreaker (500)
     - General
     - Command Traits: Monstrously Tough
Kraken-Eater (480)
     - Artefacts of Power: Amulet of Destiny
BATTLELINE
Mancrusher Gargant (140)
Mancrusher Gargant (140)
TOTAL POINTS: 1980/2000

Kragnos is a beast and has high resistance against magicks

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/7/2023 at 11:38 AM, peasant said:

Hi! At last I've decided and bought to build:

King brodd

Breaker mega

3 man crushers

Braggit's regiment of renown

And even some spare points for Endless spells

What do you think?

Sounds solid. Braggit’s an interesting choice, I can see his boyz as a useful distraction, might your Endless Spells be used to make him a little deadlier? (Annoy an enemy to run right into a Malevolent Maelstrom?)

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, didn't even consider a Regiment of Reknown.  Interesting!  

I just got my tome today.  I have my quadrapedal mecha-Kragnos which could also be a Gatebreaker or Beast-smasha with his giant hammer, and a magnetized regular mega to be any version, and plan to make a Cthulhu Kraken-eater.  

Not super sure which tribe would work best but I think after the Mancrushers I could do all but the Stomper Tribe, which I feel is the weakest anyways.  

Maybe I'll have to get the King Brodd upgrade sprues though.  Might be neat to run the King sometimes.  

• 2 weeks later...

Hi fellow stompers! Got a tournament in 2 weeks. And Im thinking of this lista

- Grand Strategy: Make the Land Tremble!
     - Triumph: Bloodthirsty
     - Fierce Loathings:  Idiots with Flags
LEADERS
King Brodd (520)*
Gatebreaker (500)*
     - General
     - Command Traits: Rabble Rouser
Gatebreaker (500)*
     - Nullstone Adornments:  Hand-carved Nullstone Icon
Beast-smasher (480)*
     - Artefacts of Power: Amberbone Totem
CORE BATTALIONS
*Bosses of the Stomp
TOTAL POINTS: 2000/2000

I think there are some tactics that are low hanging fruit. What do you think? Im considering 4 breakers instead but maybe is too unidimensional

All critics are welcome

• Like 1

I just got the new tome...forgot about the battalion, it allows that many artefacts?  Good stuff.

I think the King will come in very handy actually.  He's a Priest so that could help get rid of some invocations or shut down prayers, and you have some anti-wizarding with the Null stuff.  

The Gatebreaker sure is clobbery, but the Beastsmasher seems nearly as good especially vs monsters, of which there are plenty to be fought out there.  Worth taking I think.  4 Gatebreakers is certainly excellent but the variety will be more fun for you and the opponent, and in some matchups, perhaps even better.

I kinda like the Kraken Eater.  Snatching up champions or banners in the net seems potent.  Objective kicking possibly handy, and he's still decent in a fight (I like the Krakenskin Sandals for that guy).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2023 at 2:17 PM, peasant said:

Hi! Just started my first megagargant! And very hyped with the incoming army of renown.

IMG_20230917_183733_1.jpg

That skin is looking excellent!  I for sure want to step-up my hobby on my megas.  Just started assembling my Cthulhu Kraken Eater.  Brodd will have an HP Lovecraft head.  Nyarlathotep will be mass of tentacles coming out of the Balewind Vortex; and Yog-Sothoth....I have one sphere from the Mutalith kit and that's it for Yoggy so far.  Gonna be a tough project.