Cities conversions and ideas

Zadolix

50 minutes ago, Kramer said:

dang, wracking my brains about this. But maybe magmadroth? 

Thats actually a solid plan but I have already  filled my allies section with old metal Dwarf Slayer models as Hearthguard Berzerkers lol. 

I think I am just going to field him as a Hurricanum with wizard. I will give him the Obsidian blade so that he has two attacks with the wizard staff which is actually not as horrible as you would think. (3+/3+/-1/d3). Between the +1 to hit and the Ironoak skin spell, he ends up being quite a solid buff wagon. Not sure how I will justify the storm shooting attack  though. Maybe I can say its a beam of hatred? 🤣

He doesn't quite fill up the base as much as I'd like but it definitely looks presentable. I have started building up the base to elevate him a bit. 

2 hours ago, Landohammer said:

Thats actually a solid plan but I have already  filled my allies section with old metal Dwarf Slayer models as Hearthguard Berzerkers lol. 

I think I am just going to field him as a Hurricanum with wizard. I will give him the Obsidian blade so that he has two attacks with the wizard staff which is actually not as horrible as you would think. (3+/3+/-1/d3). Between the +1 to hit and the Ironoak skin spell, he ends up being quite a solid buff wagon. Not sure how I will justify the storm shooting attack  though. Maybe I can say its a beam of hatred? 🤣

He doesn't quite fill up the base as much as I'd like but it definitely looks presentable. I have started building up the base to elevate him a bit. 

What about unformed the slayer king on the back of one of those to support your hearthguard?

btw my hearthguard bezerkers 😍

B449FA50-5ED8-4318-B080-A7D060323B2D.jpeg.e2df2af543a1fe2c384451bb2c0805c7.jpeg

most fun thing I painted last year. Already want to strip and redo them.... or eBay more 🤔

44 minutes ago, Kramer said:

What about unformed the slayer king on the back of one of those to support your hearthguard?

btw my hearthguard bezerkers 😍

most fun thing I painted last year. Already want to strip and redo them.... or eBay more 🤔

Yep! Thats the models I am using as well! 20 berzerkers actually come in right at 400pts so they are perfect allies. Is that an old dragon slayer model in the middle? Love it! 

Yea I freaking love these models and they really hold up. They look particularly good on 32's since they are so large. They were hard to deal with on 20mm squares. 

I had bought like 25 plus two Demon Slayers on ebay back during WHF (when they had horrible rules) for a whopping $36. Probably worth 5x that now! 

6 minutes ago, Landohammer said:

Yep! Thats the models I am using as well! 20 berzerkers actually come in right at 400pts so they are perfect allies. Is that an old dragon slayer model in the middle? Love it! 

Yea I freaking love these models and they really hold up. They look particularly good on 32's since they are so large. They were hard to deal with on 20mm squares. 

I had bought like 25 plus two Demon Slayers on ebay back during WHF (when they had horrible rules) for a whopping $36. Probably worth 5x that now! 

Oh absolutely crazy. Nothing compared to the chain axe wielding dwarfs. Man that cost you an arm and a leg per model. 

yeah it’s a mix of all of them. Still couple more unpainted and 10 slayer pirates as well.  

rebasing to come when I decide my KO basing. I take 10 plus a runesmiter. Gives me something to set up a bit forward. But with the new rules it’s less needed. 

11 hours ago, Ravenborn said:

What about adding an old school dwarf flame cannon to the base? That could rep your storm shooting attack.

Strangely i actually just happened to find an old flame cannon wednesday and I have been mulling over how to use it!

The catch is that a fully built flame cannon is quite large. So i think it would be difficult to fit both it and Thorgrim on the base. 

I am actually thinking about using the flame cannon plus some kind of mount as a scourgerunner chariot. With the platform and operator it quite resembles a chariot!

Maybe use the old mule from the miner kit as a mount?

On 6/20/2020 at 11:05 PM, BrocknerTheBear said:

Finay finished my converted freeguild general. Now GW stores in the UK have re opened I finally managed to grab some snow.

20200620_221000.jpg

20200620_220926.jpg

20200620_220804.jpg

20200620_220908.jpg

that's brilliant. I'm planning Greatsword 'vagabonds/fallen knights' conversion project. This is exactly the look I would like to go for. 
Can I ask what models sacrificed their parts for this magnificent conversion?

@Kramer legs are sisters of battle. Torso, shoulder guards and left arm (elbow up) are general on griffon. Right arm and head are greatswords. Sword from the demigryph knights. Scabbard is three empire militia sheaths pieced together. Left forearm from the old knights of the white wolf upgrade sprue. Dagger and shield are from an old bretonnian kit. The rest is greenstuff.  

1 hour ago, BrocknerTheBear said:

@Kramer legs are sisters of battle. Torso, shoulder guards and left arm (elbow up) are general on griffon. Right arm and head are greatswords. Sword from the demigryph knights. Scabbard is three empire militia sheaths pieced together. Left forearm from the old knights of the white wolf upgrade sprue. Dagger and shield are from an old bretonnian kit. The rest is greenstuff.  

oh man, sisters of battle are a great shout! Thanks so much, that's going on the list!

• 2 weeks later...

I want to slightly convert the Vanari Daenriders so I can use them for Cities.

Yet I have no clue what to use them as 😕

Drakespawn Knights are meh (imo)

Wild riders already have cool models (and I have a bunch)

Dark riders are too bad at melee so the Dawnriders feel unsuited to prox for them... 🤔

Does anybody have any idea?

16 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

I want to slightly convert the Vanari Daenriders so I can use them for Cities.

Yet I have no clue what to use them as 😕

Drakespawn Knights are meh (imo)

Wild riders already have cool models (and I have a bunch)

Dark riders are too bad at melee so the Dawnriders feel unsuited to prox for them... 🤔

Does anybody have any idea?

Gryph chargers? Vanguard palladors? Dracolines? Dracoths?

20 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Mhm, then I‘d need to change the bases 🤔

True, but I you want them to have a punch you kinda stuck with bigger base cavalry. 
but maybe wait until the ghb to see if cities can ally in lumineth. That would solve it right? 

• Like 1

Currently working on a Kharadron-themed Tempest Eye force. Fully Duardin.

Below are the miniatures currently done.

I also cross-use the Grundstok Gunhaulers as Land Speeders for my Space Dwarves army. And some of the "hero" units.
Which is why the names for the Command Echelon and the Gunhaulers are not the "AoS" ones, sorry for that.

Long story short, I love the Kharadron aesthetic, but prefer the classic defensive playstyle of the Dispossessed, as well as their heavier armors. Decided to take the best of both worlds (imho) for those conversions.

Thunderdrakes.PNG.73eb64e7a3b8bcb1f8de9b3586d5eda9.PNG

Stonebeards.PNG.a17f1ce9ccc8622d5f40b4fc8682cd7c.PNG

495135185_SnowblindFighters.PNG.6ac04effad9e2c6a79e525faf391d714.PNG

Steelwardens.PNG.3dfde45568efc05b4bc6836e37f14315.PNG

1948872159_CommandSquad.PNG.3e4c6593a9d9900723f7e94c94f21d13.PNG

Aetherhammerers.PNG.7f1b6006ab63aa284dc8be7a96921fa1.PNG

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 2

• 1 month later...

I've been thinking about a place to put and actually use a wide variety of oop models and 40k characters I want to paint. And today I might have purchased the second of a whole unit of vagabonds... with great swords...

Basically I'm excusing my bad spending habits with a unit of greatswords. 😅

I already have the great sword holding Wood Elf Hero, and soon the Witch Hunter if all goes my way. 

What OOP units/40K heroes spring to mind for you guys and girls to add to this list?

My list now is: oop Warrior Priest with two handed hammer, Slaughterpriest, Lord of Plagues, Syll'Esske, Daemonifuge, Shadowseer, Vampire Lords, Several Blackstone Fortress and Rogue Trader Heroes, Kal Jericho and Scabs, Magus, Severina Raine as a freeguild general. Solitaire maybe, Prince Yriel, Inquisitor Greyfax maybe, and the Lord Commisar. And I have several more ideas but not here. And Eisenhorn of course, He kinda started this project.

And @BrocknerTheBear 's conversion a few posts back... but i'm building up courage to that ;) 

• Like 1