Cities conversions and ideas

Zadolix

2 hours ago, TheGrimKnight said:

Working on a ranger themed army, and decided to make my general from a Rangers of Shadow Deep model. I'm going to use it as a waywatcher. my group is pretty open about proxies and alternatives models, I'm pretty happy how this guy turned out. Was going for the strider feel. 20211227_021156.jpg.73fe3d31fd65dc0f88b2ebb89aad1c46.jpg20211227_021240.jpg.abdfab9d7440fd43447e456e77bcecf0.jpg20211227_021207.jpg.b3397069983f00f87b0559630005ef40.jpg

Love it! (As well as Rangers of Shadowdeep)

• Like 3

I purchased Victrix Vikings, and they'd be a perfect replacement for Freeguild Guard (spears or swords & shields are easy, but you can probably sell the two handed axes as halberds as well (would fit better, having no reach or charge defense but better rend)), the sculpts are better detailed, better designed, they all have shoes, and they are that bit wider than most historicals so they'd fit in perfectly with GW models. They are also about 43 euros for 60, instead of the 20 you'd get for the same money from GW.

Haven't built or painted any, but I will, soonish. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/30/2021 at 10:37 AM, zilberfrid said:

I purchased Victrix Vikings, and they'd be a perfect replacement for Freeguild Guard (spears or swords & shields are easy, but you can probably sell the two handed axes as halberds as well (would fit better, having no reach or charge defense but better rend)), the sculpts are better detailed, better designed, they all have shoes, and they are that bit wider than most historicals so they'd fit in perfectly with GW models. They are also about 43 euros for 60, instead of the 20 you'd get for the same money from GW.

Haven't built or painted any, but I will, soonish. 

definitely post them up when you do! I've never been a fan of the current human kit. Just weird pajamas arnt my thing. always struck me as odd they didnt rebrand the bretonnia Men-at-Arms as halberd troops. They have the same units with different kits in 40k so it's not a big deal. 

I really hope when they do a refresh they make it less old world empire. The undead skeletons from cursed city have great armor kit, if they made a fleshy version of it.

2 hours ago, TheGrimKnight said:

definitely post them up when you do! I've never been a fan of the current human kit. Just weird pajamas arnt my thing. always struck me as odd they didnt rebrand the bretonnia Men-at-Arms as halberd troops. They have the same units with different kits in 40k so it's not a big deal. 

I really hope when they do a refresh they make it less old world empire. The undead skeletons from cursed city have great armor kit, if they made a fleshy version of it.

As posted before with me wearing it, I love the Landsknecht/northern Italian/Reislaufer outfit, but that's just the Generals and Greatswords. Some guards have a passable outfit, but most are ugly and all handgunners/crossbows are hideous.

I need to do some other stuff, but then I will put a few together.

13 hours ago, TheGrimKnight said:

I did no cleanup except for the nub on the neck (so this is all the moldlines that are in this kit), and the model is a smidge lower than the Guard, but here you go:

IMG_20220101_193855666.jpg

IMG_20220101_193910720.jpg

IMG_20220101_193929973.jpg

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Like 2

On 1/16/2020 at 5:47 AM, Eorek said:

I like to think there are 2 good approaches to this:

The first approach you base it of a kit and collect spare bitz from your community/ebay/ etc to spice it up abit. Like the cawdor kit works great as a base.

508521874_Screenshot_20200116-0638262.png.ec36c1f3a4737e9e23a9723367384a08.png

The second approach 'less is more' and keeping the base troops fairly basic while pouring your heart into characters and unit leaders to make em pop and setting the theme.

2107330467_Screenshot_20200116-0638322.png.bf21bb92ac2963f5810d4bac091174e0.png

These are epic!! This is the best visual representation of the Freeguild and COS I have ever seen!! Its almost exactly how I imagine them when I read BL novels!!

21 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

These are epic!! This is the best visual representation of the Freeguild and COS I have ever seen!! Its almost exactly how I imagine them when I read BL novels!!

Cawdor is one upgrade sprue away from being an AoS kit (and Skitarii are a headswap away from being handgunners you actually want to see). This takes nothing away from the artistry, but Cawdor has this awesome Bretonnia vibe. Necromunda gangs are all very good kits.

Also, Empire Noble Blood Bowl team.

3 minutes ago, TaurielBlack said:

Cheers mate! Nah, old school Anvil of doom, will have Thorek on top banging away and a pair of the guards with updated shields, plus a ton of green stuffed runes etc

B4BFBDC3-020A-41C2-A1EE-DBC81AEEAF0B.jpeg

Ah, now I see it. That's a cool idea though. I think the Anvil is one of those old-school models that would be really cool to have back, and putting one on a Hurricanum seems like a great way to use it in AoS.

• 3 months later...
4 hours ago, Ravinsild said:

Struggling to find good Dwarven proxies for the Vanguard with Longstrike Crossbows if anyone has any ideas.

Kyushuneko has models that might fit well, if you have a printer.

1917198292_11d85041-bundle(2).jpg.d96f58fa123840b1f29ddb9a1a818bab.jpg

Otherwise modified Kharadron Thunderers might fit the bill, they are adequately chonky.

Alternatively, you could use artillery, maybe single barrels from a volley gun with a few wheels?

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

So I've been working on a cities army and the goal is to keep everything dark elf related. I got tired of only using their warscrolls though so I wanted to expand. I came up with the idea to have a priest of khaine become obsessed with guns and so were born my elven irondrakes. (Pictures are terrible because I don't have a lightbox)20220920_184541.jpg.5b20a1b3d6bb607f096e4c8d644055fe.jpg20220920_184715.jpg.2062aaa6f29eec7e99c19736df2c2bbb.jpg

They're mostly Dark Eldar I had lying around kitbashed with some skitarii guns. I'm working on painting some long beards based on the older dark Eldar warrior kit with corsair swords and executioner heads (their old like longbeards would be. Ha.)

And not quite a conversion but my demigryph knight stand ins. 20220920_184810.jpg.c6c3d29040ff18472f96d7f502a866ab.jpg

Next up is an Altar of Khaine conversion for a hurricanum/luminark and steam tanks from dark Eldar Raiders.

• LOVE IT! 1