Warhammer - The Old World

Gareth 🍄

30 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

There were rumours about a new plastic war machine, right? That and the civil war approach is the only rumoured thing for the Empire unless I missed something.

I can't remember. Was it the Nuln Landship?

I know it's unlikely, but if like to see some of the really old Empire plastic kits redone. State Troops, Free Company Militia, Knights and Flagellants are all really showing their age. If I had to pick one I'd most like to see redone, it'd be Knights as (a) that horse mini is so old  (1991) and (b) having options in the kit to model different orders (at least KotWW, but others would be cool) and Inner Circle would be great.

On 4/21/2024 at 11:18 AM, YoghurtKobold said:

What would I give for TOW roadmap. Any info on that front? I need to plan my hobby time and spendings and there are so many armies I am waiting for.

Totally UNOFFICIALL and based on rumors and modus operandi so far: 

May : O&G Wave 3 /Made to order/new resin shaman

June: Dwarfs wave 1 /Arcane journal/Battalion BOX

July : Dwarfs2 wave 2

August : Dwarfs wave 3/Made to order

September/October/November : Empire (???)  New miniatures : New general, new warmachine , 3 new wizards (RUMORS)

December/January/February 2024 : 6th faction

March/April/May 2024 : 7th Faction

June/July/August 2024 : 8th faction

September/October/November 2024 : 9th faction 

Starting 2025 : campaign  books along with new GW/FW miniatures

2 minutes ago, cyrus said:

Totally UNOFFICIALL and based on rumors and modus operandi so far: 

May : O&G Wave 3 /Made to order/new resin shaman

June: Dwarfs wave 1 /Arcane journal/Battalion BOX

July : Dwarfs2 wave 2

August : Dwarfs wave 3/Made to order

September/October/November : Empire (???)  New miniatures : New general, new warmachine , 3 new wizards (RUMORS)

December/January/February 2024 : 6th faction

March/April/May 2024 : 7th Faction

June/July/August 2024 : 8th faction

September/October/November 2024 : 9th faction 

Starting 2025 : campaign  books along with new GW/FW miniatures

Where did you see that Empire is the next one?

43 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Interesting. Thanks!

And maybe it is just a coincidence or may not but:

Bretonnia's arcane journal contains a scenario Bretonnia vs Tomb kings

Tomb kings's arcane journal contains a scenario Tomb kings vs O&G

O&G 's arcane journal contains a scenario O&G vs Dwarfs +Empire 

Edited by cyrus
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, cyrus said:

Uhhh. Nice catch! Let's see what the Dawis Arcane show us!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cyrus said:

That's an interesting theory. We will know soon enough when we have the Dwarfs Arcane journal 🙂

Hopefully pre-order soon.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Tonhel said:

That's an interesting theory. We will know soon enough when we have the Dwarfs Arcane journal 🙂

Hopefully pre-order soon.

Another speculation I heard it is about beastmen brayherds will hit ToW only in summer 2025 when BoC will be considered no more legal in AoS tourrnament/matched play.

Valrak video containing rumors about Empire (and empire new miniatures) after Dwarfs , had also small talks about woC and He to follow so the total unofficial roadmap should look as follow :

Autumn 2024 : Empire

Winter/Spring 2025 : WoC and HE

Summer/Autumn 2025 : Beastmen and Wood Elves 

1 minute ago, cyrus said:

Another speculation I heard it is about beastmen brayherds will hit ToW only in summer 2025 when BoC will be considered no more legal in AoS tourrnament/matched play.

Valrak video containing rumors about Empire (and empire new miniatures) after Dwarfs , had also small talks about woC and He to follow so the total unofficial roadmap should look as follow :

Autumn 2024 : Empire

Winter/Spring 2025 : WoC and HE

Summer/Autumn 2025 : Beastmen and Wood Elves 

It is quite a reasonable timeline. And makes sense that WoC make their appearance in TOW once they are not tournament-allowed for AoS. And hopefully by that time we have Chorfs around as well as a way to calm the waters.

Valrak is entertainment, never information.

There's the 4th edition of AoS that will clearly launch in early summer. Putting that many TOW releases in the same time period is...optimist at best, to be polite.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sarouan said:

Valrak is entertainment, never information.

There's the 4th edition of AoS that will clearly launch in early summer. Putting that many TOW releases in the same time period is...optimist at best, to be polite.

I don't think they are overlapping. We can have Dawis before AoS 4. Then AoS 4 first week of July, according to rumour mongers, and Empire from August - Sept without a problem.

• Like 2

Just now, Ejecutor said:

I don't think they are overlapping. We can have Dawis before AoS 4. Then AoS 4 first week of July, according to rumour mongers, and Empire from August - Sept without a problem.

Yeah, I wouldn't expect AoS 4th to monopolise releases for more than a month. It'll dominate for Summer, but GW will still fit in other games.

1 minute ago, Ejecutor said:

Given than GW has traditionnally a much lighter release window during July / August and AoS v4 isn't exactly "a small release" in itself...and given what happened with, you know, Legion Imperialis that should have been launched in last august...I still maintain it's "optimist at the very best".

10 hours ago, Goatforce said:

Tomb Prince done! Not completely happy with the nmm on the blade but think it is good enough, otherwise quite proud of how he turned out 😁

20240427_001534_001.jpg

20240427_001625.jpg

If you are not fully happy (I am not experienced enough to advise how to improve it), but have tweaks in mind that you are unsure I would go for an online Photoshop-like tool and try those tweaks over the image. That way you can get a rough idea and if you like it you can go and try it with the brush.

• Like 2